Mike Wallace?
-
I'm really hoping we get Garcon...he is just on all around good player with good roots that I think would fit well here. He runs great after the catch and has pretty good hands. I think we could outbid Indy for him...plus he has a bit of an Ohio connection so he may give us a second look. I don't think any of the other top tier WR would even give us a second look.
Be careful who you proclaim that you'd like the Browns to get this offseason, as there is a lynch mob around here gunning for anyone that isn't bowing down to RG3...

But, I would support anybody that would help us make the playoffs and earn us some respect.
Be careful who you proclaim that you'd like the Browns to get this offseason, as there is a lynch mob around here gunning for anyone that isn't bowing down to RG3...

But, I would support anybody that would help us make the playoffs and earn us some respect.
Really? Coming from the Charter Member of the Trent Richardson Club? Forking hypocrite. Sorry if you're in D-Nile about the facts Jack. At this point not you or anyone else has any idea as to who would help the Browns more. And you're not the guy sending the slip up to Goodell with the message "with the fourth pick in the NFL Draft the Browns select _____." Neither am I for that matter.
-
If Kendall Wright turns out to be as good as Wallace, that would be amazing for whoever gets him. I don't think that giving up the #4 for Wallace is worth it (I don't think drafting Blackmon at #4 is worth it either). But if the choice was the 22 for Wallace (vs. drafting Wright or Floyd or any other WR), I'd do that in a second.
If Kendall Wright turns out to be as good as Wallace, that would be amazing for whoever gets him. I don't think that giving up the #4 for Wallace is worth it (I don't think drafting Blackmon at #4 is worth it either). But if the choice was the 22 for Wallace (vs. drafting Wright or Floyd or any other WR), I'd do that in a second.
Kendall Wright doesn't really have the potential to be better than Mike Wallace in my opion. He's atleast 3 inches shorter than Mike Wallace. Speed receivers come with limitations as is, doesn't help that he's sub 6 foot.
-
No Browns fan or FO in their right mind would trade a rotten olive to the squeelers for anybody..
The off-season apparently knows no bounds of reason. Savage IS long gone, you know....
-
yeah...cause discounting a really good player because he's from a rival is why....well....the browns are the browns. good to hear your not willing to upgrade the team if his previous destination doesn't suit you.
-
If you can get Mike Wallace, you get him. I would have no problem giving the #4 for him instead of taking an unknown commodity. The guys on here saying they wouldn't take him because he is a Steeler are just being idiotic.
-
lol I wouldn't give the #4 for him if it means we get RGIII (or trade up for Luck). The only receiver I would give up that for would be a young Randy Moss.
-
RG3
Little
Wright/Wallace
Moss
Cribbs
Hillis
James
add an O lineman from FA
add Williams from FA
-
RG3
Little
Wright/Wallace
Moss
Cribbs
Hillis
James
add an O lineman from FA
add Williams from FA
RG3
Little
Wright/Wallace
Moss
Cribbs
Hillis
James
add an O lineman from FA
add Williams from FA
As in Randy Moss? LMAO, given his relationship with Childress, the Browns is the last place he'd go.
-
.... shut up
-
lol I wouldn't give the #4 for him if it means we get RGIII (or trade up for Luck). The only receiver I would give up that for would be a young Randy Moss.
lol I wouldn't give the #4 for him if it means we get RGIII (or trade up for Luck). The only receiver I would give up that for would be a young Randy Moss.
What % of QBs taken in the top 5 pan out? Granted, with the way salaries are structured now, a miss doesn't set a team back as much as it use to but I will still take the WR that has played at an AllPro level heading into his 4th year over an unproven rookie QB.
-
RG3
Little
Wright/Wallace
Moss
Cribbs
Hillis
James
add an O lineman from FA
add Williams from FA
As in Randy Moss? LMAO, given his relationship with Childress, the Browns is the last place he'd go.
As in Randy Moss? LMAO, given his relationship with Childress, the Browns is the last place he'd go.
Not to mention, Moss has nothing left in the tank. He was a deep threat that now can't get deep.
-
Too bad they missed out on Brian Ching
-
If you can get Mike Wallace, you get him. I would have no problem giving the #4 for him instead of taking an unknown commodity. The guys on here saying they wouldn't take him because he is a Steeler are just being idiotic.
If you can get Mike Wallace, you get him. I would have no problem giving the #4 for him instead of taking an unknown commodity. The guys on here saying they wouldn't take him because he is a Steeler are just being idiotic.
while the people saying they wouldn't take him because he'd be a former Steeler are just morons. But so are the guys saying they'd give up the 4th overall pick to the Steelers for him.
Tell you what, if the browns organization was STUPID enough to pull the trigger on this i'd pack Wallace's bags for him and drive him into down town cleveland myself to drop him gift wrapped at your stadium. LAUGHING MY ASS OFF the whole way.
god do i pray this would happen.
-
I wouldn't trade a rotten olive for the rights to read this thread entirely.
Stupid idea.
come on...
-
If you can get Mike Wallace, you get him. I would have no problem giving the #4 for him instead of taking an unknown commodity. The guys on here saying they wouldn't take him because he is a Steeler are just being idiotic.
while the people saying they wouldn't take him because he'd be a former Steeler are just morons. But so are the guys saying they'd give up the 4th overall pick to the Steelers for him.
Tell you what, if the browns organization was STUPID enough to pull the trigger on this i'd pack Wallace's bags for him and drive him into down town cleveland myself to drop him gift wrapped at your stadium. LAUGHING MY ASS OFF the whole way.
god do i pray this would happen.
while the people saying they wouldn't take him because he'd be a former Steeler are just morons. But so are the guys saying they'd give up the 4th overall pick to the Steelers for him.
Tell you what, if the browns organization was STUPID enough to pull the trigger on this i'd pack Wallace's bags for him and drive him into down town cleveland myself to drop him gift wrapped at your stadium. LAUGHING MY ASS OFF the whole way.
god do i pray this would happen.
You people value draft picks way too much. It isn't as if Wallace is old, he hasn't even entered his prime yet. I'd give a 4th in a heart beat.
-
lol I wouldn't give the #4 for him if it means we get RGIII (or trade up for Luck). The only receiver I would give up that for would be a young Randy Moss.
What % of QBs taken in the top 5 pan out? Granted, with the way salaries are structured now, a miss doesn't set a team back as much as it use to but I will still take the WR that has played at an AllPro level heading into his 4th year over an unproven rookie QB.
What % of QBs taken in the top 5 pan out? Granted, with the way salaries are structured now, a miss doesn't set a team back as much as it use to but I will still take the WR that has played at an AllPro level heading into his 4th year over an unproven rookie QB.
Do the research and tell us.
-
If you can get Mike Wallace, you get him. I would have no problem giving the #4 for him instead of taking an unknown commodity. The guys on here saying they wouldn't take him because he is a Steeler are just being idiotic.
while the people saying they wouldn't take him because he'd be a former Steeler are just morons. But so are the guys saying they'd give up the 4th overall pick to the Steelers for him.
Tell you what, if the browns organization was STUPID enough to pull the trigger on this i'd pack Wallace's bags for him and drive him into down town cleveland myself to drop him gift wrapped at your stadium. LAUGHING MY ASS OFF the whole way.
god do i pray this would happen.
while the people saying they wouldn't take him because he'd be a former Steeler are just morons. But so are the guys saying they'd give up the 4th overall pick to the Steelers for him.
Tell you what, if the browns organization was STUPID enough to pull the trigger on this i'd pack Wallace's bags for him and drive him into down town cleveland myself to drop him gift wrapped at your stadium. LAUGHING MY ASS OFF the whole way.
god do i pray this would happen.
Whattaya know, we agree on something. Talent is talent, what difference does it make who someone used to play for. Bill Nelsen used to be a Steeler, but became a Brown and had some very succesful years. Matt Bahr used to be a Steeler, but then became a Brown and had some very successful years. I suspect there are some more recent examples.
If Wallace is a FA and he can be gotten at a reasonable price, get him...but not at the expense of the #4 pick.
-
while the people saying they wouldn't take him because he'd be a former Steeler are just morons. But so are the guys saying they'd give up the 4th overall pick to the Steelers for him.
Tell you what, if the browns organization was STUPID enough to pull the trigger on this i'd pack Wallace's bags for him and drive him into down town cleveland myself to drop him gift wrapped at your stadium. LAUGHING MY ASS OFF the whole way.
god do i pray this would happen.
Whattaya know, we agree on something. Talent is talent, what difference does it make who someone used to play for. Bill Nelsen used to be a Steeler, but became a Brown and had some very succesful years. Matt Bahr used to be a Steeler, but then became a Brown and had some very successful years. I suspect there are some more recent examples.
If Wallace is a FA and he can be gotten at a reasonable price, get him...but not at the expense of the #4 pick.
Whattaya know, we agree on something. Talent is talent, what difference does it make who someone used to play for. Bill Nelsen used to be a Steeler, but became a Brown and had some very succesful years. Matt Bahr used to be a Steeler, but then became a Brown and had some very successful years. I suspect there are some more recent examples.
If Wallace is a FA and he can be gotten at a reasonable price, get him...but not at the expense of the #4 pick.
Most recent example of signing a player from a rival team that has done well for us is Steinbach.
-
What % of QBs taken in the top 5 pan out? Granted, with the way salaries are structured now, a miss doesn't set a team back as much as it use to but I will still take the WR that has played at an AllPro level heading into his 4th year over an unproven rookie QB.
Do the research and tell us.
Do the research and tell us.
Top 5 QB picks in the last 15 years ......
Worth the pick (Studs)
Newton
Stafford
E.Manning
Rivers
P. Manning
Solid but not great (Solid starters)
Ryan
Palmer
Vick
McNabb
Maybe Bradford
Bad picks but not busts (still hanging around)
Sanchez
Alex Smith
Leftwich
Busts
Russell
Young
Carr
Harrington
Couch
A.Smith
Leaf
So really just 25% were worth a top 5 pick. Yeah, I would be okay with trading away a 1 in 4 shot for a sure-fire stud wr. Hopefully we won't have to but it wouldn't be the bad move that some of you are making it out to be.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login