Skip to content

A reason the Jets didn't make playoffs?

The Browns Board
5 4 773
  • onefellswoop7O onefellswoop7 wrote on last edited by onefellswoop7
    #1

    From Rotoworld.com

    Brett Favre says he will not decide whether to retire for "several weeks."

    He sure sounds ready to retire. "I have the ability to turn it off just like that," he said. "I don't feel I have anything else to prove. It's hard for me, but I have to say I gave out down the stretch (in 2008). I think it would just be better for me to just thank the Jets, and I sincerely mean that. It was well worth what I invested. But I'm going to just quietly step away if that's what happens." Favre indicated that he may be ready to decide his future in a month.

    Link

    This is not to try and prove our new coach to be great (or the opposite). This is to point out a simple fact. If the Jets make the playoffs and compete...Mangini is still in NY. Count the number of INTs and look at the poor games by Favre (games they lost). He played like he looked, rough. Again, this is only one factor. I just find it interesting that, say the Jets win one more game and enter the playoffs. Mangini most likely stays.

    Nothing earth shattering here. But sometimes its good to just look at things from both angles. That team had about 7 pro bowlers this year so it's not like Mangini got the boot from the Lions or something.

    Thoughts?

  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #2

    What do you think might have happened if RAC won one more game here last season and made the playoffs? Do you think this season so still enough to get canned over? I guess I do, but some may say that it was afluke and give ole RAC another year based on that lone playoff appearance.

    It's a game of inches, fer sure.

  • What do you think might have happened if RAC won one more game here last season and made the playoffs? Do you think this season so still enough to get canned over? I guess I do, but some may say that it was afluke and give ole RAC another year based on that lone playoff appearance.

    It's a game of inches, fer sure.

    L lemosley01 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @atenears said:

    What do you think might have happened if RAC won one more game here last season and made the playoffs? Do you think this season so still enough to get canned over? I guess I do, but some may say that it was afluke and give ole RAC another year based on that lone playoff appearance.

    It's a game of inches, fer sure.

    It would be weird to say this season was a fluke, when this season is similar to the first two. I think last season was 'the fluke'.

  • onefellswoop7O onefellswoop7 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Talent doesn't = wins. The Browns have some good talent (could use more...sure). However, the talent brought in A) Didn't stay healthy and 😎 wasn't coached very well.

    Mangini is in a pretty decent spot coming in. RAC had NOTHING...like Mangini did when he arrived in NY. This job allows him to work with a roster that more or less needs adjusted...not blown up and redone.

  • Talent doesn't = wins. The Browns have some good talent (could use more...sure). However, the talent brought in A) Didn't stay healthy and 😎 wasn't coached very well.

    Mangini is in a pretty decent spot coming in. RAC had NOTHING...like Mangini did when he arrived in NY. This job allows him to work with a roster that more or less needs adjusted...not blown up and redone.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @onefellswoop7 said:

    Talent doesn't = wins. The Browns have some good talent (could use more...sure). However, the talent brought in A) Didn't stay healthy and 😎 wasn't coached very well.

    Mangini is in a pretty decent spot coming in. RAC had NOTHING...like Mangini did when he arrived in NY. This job allows him to work with a roster that more or less needs adjusted...not blown up and redone.

    I hope you're right, but I'm not sure.

    The first thing that needs to be done is to focus on how we can actually have a WINNING record in the AFC North, and a WINNING record at home.

    Note to Mangini- Pitt & Balt cannot be beaten by a running game, their defenses are pretty damn good.