Skip to content

The Rg3 Bidding War Has Begun

The Browns Board
104 42 6.2k
  • @badnewsbrowns said:

    Our 4 and 22 this year makes us a far more favorable option. In the end if it comes down to 4,22,37 and next years one I don't think asking for some Rams lower round picks in return is out of the question.

    3 First rounders AND a second!?! You are nuts..

    @cribbs-is-the-man said:

    3 First rounders AND a second!?! You are nuts..

    Technically it's 2 first round picks since we are swapping 4 for 2.

    I think you put too much value on draft picks and not enough value on quarterback.

  • @cribbs-is-the-man said:

    3 First rounders AND a second!?! You are nuts..

    Technically it's 2 first round picks since we are swapping 4 for 2.

    I think you put too much value on draft picks and not enough value on quarterback.

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    Technically it's 2 first round picks since we are swapping 4 for 2.

    I think you put too much value on draft picks and not enough value on quarterback.

    No, I value a franchise qb highly. I think both first rounders, the high fourth, and next years second is plenty to move up two spots. Plus, from the Rams perspective they get one of the players they need- Kalil or Blackmon- something they won't get with the Washington deal.

  • I'd give both number 1's this year, a 4th this year, and a 3rd next year.

    That leaves us with one round without a pick, next years #3..

    I just wouldn't do it this soon. It would have to be draft day...or day before.

    During this silly workout season, if Griffin OR Luck got hurt in a serious way, we'd be holding a very expensive #2 pick that wouldn't be worth what we had in it.

    @ballpeen said:

    I'd give both number 1's this year, a 4th this year, and a 3rd next year.

    That leaves us with one round without a pick, next years #3..

    I just wouldn't do it this soon. It would have to be draft day...or day before.

    During this silly workout season, if Griffin OR Luck got hurt in a serious way, we'd be holding a very expensive #2 pick that wouldn't be worth what we had in it.

    Yes no need to commit to anything until the time frame you mentioned, a lot is going to happen between now and the draft.

  • @mr.-t said:

    Someone tell me it aint so! To think that we have so many needs and that Holmgren and Heckert would make such a foolish move like this.

    one of those biggest needs happen to be at QB. we're not winning anything till we solidify that position.

    @choco said:

    one of those biggest needs happen to be at QB. we're not winning anything till we solidify that position.

    I agree we will always be at the bottom of the division without improved QB play. I think Colt can play better but I think he is close to his ceiling already. You must have a franchise QB if you want to win a SB, we don't have one. Doesn't matter how good the rest of the team is, without a top tier QB we aren't winning anything. If the FO believe RG3 is a franchise guy you have to look at acquiring him. I can't say what is too much, but sometimes short term pain is worth long term gain. On the flipside if he were to bust and we gave up a lot then we would never hear the end of it.