Zach Brown
-
I've had Brown on my wishlist all along. Something about these UNC players lately, I don't know why but they're all pretty studly.
I've had Brown on my wishlist all along. Something about these UNC players lately, I don't know why but they're all pretty studly.
Butch Davis played a big part.
-
The thing I hate about the combine (I've been watching/listening all day at work and some this weekend) is that these people train for the 40, train for the vertical, train for the broad jump etc. The NFL isnt a track meet. They arent training to play football. Obviously some of it translates when youre working on getting faster and stronger. But these people are raving about Zach Brown's 40 technique, "you can tell he is a track runner", "look at that form, how efficient his running is!!", "great straight away speed" etc...
Thats all great for a track meet, but this is football. If he doesnt have the instincts or the toughness he is going to blow in the NFL. Speed matters a lot, dont get me wrong, but should we think more highly about Brown because he has been training all his life on his technique in the 40??? Hell no.. He has an edge on these other players in the 40 because he is an efficient runner, but you will NEVER run like that as a LB in the NFL...
The thing I hate about the combine (I've been watching/listening all day at work and some this weekend) is that these people train for the 40, train for the vertical, train for the broad jump etc. The NFL isnt a track meet. They arent training to play football. Obviously some of it translates when youre working on getting faster and stronger. But these people are raving about Zach Brown's 40 technique, "you can tell he is a track runner", "look at that form, how efficient his running is!!", "great straight away speed" etc...
Thats all great for a track meet, but this is football. If he doesnt have the instincts or the toughness he is going to blow in the NFL. Speed matters a lot, dont get me wrong, but should we think more highly about Brown because he has been training all his life on his technique in the 40??? Hell no.. He has an edge on these other players in the 40 because he is an efficient runner, but you will NEVER run like that as a LB in the NFL...
Sure, if we want a track guy, maybe we could get a guy that runs the 40 in 3.94?:
-
It's sold as a country label, though I don't buy it, but it's good none the less.
-
People get way too butthurt when others don't agree with them.
-
I love this kid, he is going to be something special. He is obviously fast but his jump off the snap is deadly. He plays downhill and causes havoc in the backfield. I hope he is there at 22 because I think this kid may be one of the best defensive players in the draft.
-
The thing I hate about the combine (I've been watching/listening all day at work and some this weekend) is that these people train for the 40, train for the vertical, train for the broad jump etc. The NFL isnt a track meet. They arent training to play football. Obviously some of it translates when youre working on getting faster and stronger. But these people are raving about Zach Brown's 40 technique, "you can tell he is a track runner", "look at that form, how efficient his running is!!", "great straight away speed" etc...
Thats all great for a track meet, but this is football. If he doesnt have the instincts or the toughness he is going to blow in the NFL. Speed matters a lot, dont get me wrong, but should we think more highly about Brown because he has been training all his life on his technique in the 40??? Hell no.. He has an edge on these other players in the 40 because he is an efficient runner, but you will NEVER run like that as a LB in the NFL...
Sure, if we want a track guy, maybe we could get a guy that runs the 40 in 3.94?:
Sure, if we want a track guy, maybe we could get a guy that runs the 40 in 3.94?:
I always did wonder if anyone could crack 4.0 flat in the 40 (and not on Madden). I believe Renaldo Nehimiah ran a 4.1 . BTW, RGIII was All-State in 110 hurdles, so no surprise he ran that 4.4 .
Did a little research and a few track guys did beat 4 flat unofficially- using interpolation from their 60 yard times. For football players- Bob Hays 4.1, Darrell Green 4.09, Bo Jackson 4.14 .
-
I think people seem to forget that we don't run that 3-4 defense anymore, and that we would better be suited for smaller, faster linebackers. This guy fits the bill on what we need at outside linebacker. I would consider drafting this guy if I were the GM.
I think people seem to forget that we don't run that 3-4 defense anymore, and that we would better be suited for smaller, faster linebackers. This guy fits the bill on what we need at outside linebacker. I would consider drafting this guy if I were the GM.
i thought we do play the 3-4?
nontheless i like brown. i like hightower. but before LB let's get claiborne and a DE. then grab LB WR amd OL. i'm guessing we'll even draft or trade up for a backup QB somewhere on someone else's team.
-
Nope, Browns have been a 4-3 for a while now.
If their body can handle the speed [eg, the quickness of your deceleration compensates for any additional weight] then get bigger LB's. Fast LB's aren't always the best option for the browns, however.. anyone else remember the Craig Powell debacle?
I find amusing that as of this past weekend, Burfict is now officially a fourth-round pick or later.. he really wasn't motivated to train for the combine.
-
Nope, Browns have been a 4-3 for a while now.
If their body can handle the speed [eg, the quickness of your deceleration compensates for any additional weight] then get bigger LB's. Fast LB's aren't always the best option for the browns, however.. anyone else remember the Craig Powell debacle?
I find amusing that as of this past weekend, Burfict is now officially a fourth-round pick or later.. he really wasn't motivated to train for the combine.
he really wasn't motivated to train for the combine.
but the cocaine is a different story.
-
I think people seem to forget that we don't run that 3-4 defense anymore, and that we would better be suited for smaller, faster linebackers. This guy fits the bill on what we need at outside linebacker. I would consider drafting this guy if I were the GM.
I think people seem to forget that we don't run that 3-4 defense anymore, and that we would better be suited for smaller, faster linebackers. This guy fits the bill on what we need at outside linebacker. I would consider drafting this guy if I were the GM.
Fair enough. Despite japing with you about the track guy business, I think Zach Brown could be the type of player I would like to see the Browns go for.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login