Skip to content

Browns To Offer Peyton Hillis 3 Year Deal

The Browns Board
12 7 1.2k
  • TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #1

    The contract will be incentive laden, and while the original offer was around 16.5 mill, the new deal will be starting around 10 mill with very little in guarantees.

    The Browns dismissed any notion of using a franchise tag on the player, which would cost the team 7.7 million on a one year deal.

    If Hillis and the Browns are smart, he'll be on the team for a little while longer.

    SOURCE: http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2012/02/nfl-rumor-browns-to-offer-peyton-hillis-three-year-deal/

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I'm glad they don't plan to use the franchise tag. If we spent all that money on Hillis I would have been beyond pissed. I like the guy and if this contract is true it's nothing but good for the browns. He was running well at the end of the season and gives us the chance to get a speedster type guy late in the draft.

  • I'm glad they don't plan to use the franchise tag. If we spent all that money on Hillis I would have been beyond pissed. I like the guy and if this contract is true it's nothing but good for the browns. He was running well at the end of the season and gives us the chance to get a speedster type guy late in the draft.

    TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @jrb12711 said:

    I'm glad they don't plan to use the franchise tag. If we spent all that money on Hillis I would have been beyond pissed. I like the guy and if this contract is true it's nothing but good for the browns. He was running well at the end of the season and gives us the chance to get a speedster type guy late in the draft.

    I agree, he's not worth big bang kinda money due to the struggles last season, but thank God the Browns are at least trying to re sign him, the guy is a tank when healthy.

    Get Lamar Miller in the draft to compliment Brandon Jackson and Hillis! drop hardesty and keep Ogbyonnaga at 4th on the depth chart.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    I'm glad they don't plan to use the franchise tag. If we spent all that money on Hillis I would have been beyond pissed. I like the guy and if this contract is true it's nothing but good for the browns. He was running well at the end of the season and gives us the chance to get a speedster type guy late in the draft.

    I agree, he's not worth big bang kinda money due to the struggles last season, but thank God the Browns are at least trying to re sign him, the guy is a tank when healthy.

    Get Lamar Miller in the draft to compliment Brandon Jackson and Hillis! drop hardesty and keep Ogbyonnaga at 4th on the depth chart.

    N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @typicalbrowns said:

    I agree, he's not worth big bang kinda money due to the struggles last season, but thank God the Browns are at least trying to re sign him, the guy is a tank when healthy.

    Get Lamar Miller in the draft to compliment Brandon Jackson and Hillis! drop hardesty and keep Ogbyonnaga at 4th on the depth chart.

    What has Brandon Jackson done to be ahead of Ogbyonnaga on the depth chart? Chris played well for us last year.

  • N Neo

    @typicalbrowns said:

    I agree, he's not worth big bang kinda money due to the struggles last season, but thank God the Browns are at least trying to re sign him, the guy is a tank when healthy.

    Get Lamar Miller in the draft to compliment Brandon Jackson and Hillis! drop hardesty and keep Ogbyonnaga at 4th on the depth chart.

    What has Brandon Jackson done to be ahead of Ogbyonnaga on the depth chart? Chris played well for us last year.

    TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @neo said:

    What has Brandon Jackson done to be ahead of Ogbyonnaga on the depth chart? Chris played well for us last year.

    Well...I'd say Brandon Jackson is better, even with the injury last year, CLE had high hopes for Jackson and what he could do for the offense.

    Once he's healthy, I'm saying he'll most likely beat out Ogbyonnaga for the depth chart spot. hes fast as hell

  • @neo said:

    What has Brandon Jackson done to be ahead of Ogbyonnaga on the depth chart? Chris played well for us last year.

    Well...I'd say Brandon Jackson is better, even with the injury last year, CLE had high hopes for Jackson and what he could do for the offense.

    Once he's healthy, I'm saying he'll most likely beat out Ogbyonnaga for the depth chart spot. hes fast as hell

    N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @typicalbrowns said:

    Well...I'd say Brandon Jackson is better, even with the injury last year, CLE had high hopes for Jackson and what he could do for the offense.

    Once he's healthy, I'm saying he'll most likely beat out Ogbyonnaga for the depth chart spot. hes fast as hell

    I am not denying that Jackson isn't better, but it would be a shitty thing to do to Chris. I would at least make Jackson earn his spot on the depth chart.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Three-year with big incentives and little guaranteed feels right. Hillis brought this on himself.

    Undoubtedly the Ogbyonnaga/ Jackson back up order will play itself out in camp. Barring significant upgrades in FA or the draft, I see Ogby being the #2 and Chris the 3rd down back.

    Hardesty looks to be the odd man out. How long before he's cut?

  • Three-year with big incentives and little guaranteed feels right. Hillis brought this on himself.

    Undoubtedly the Ogbyonnaga/ Jackson back up order will play itself out in camp. Barring significant upgrades in FA or the draft, I see Ogby being the #2 and Chris the 3rd down back.

    Hardesty looks to be the odd man out. How long before he's cut?

    TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @tour2ma said:

    Three-year with big incentives and little guaranteed feels right. Hillis brought this on himself.

    Undoubtedly the Ogbyonnaga/ Jackson back up order will play itself out in camp. Barring significant upgrades in FA or the draft, I see Ogby being the #2 and Chris the 3rd down back.

    Hardesty looks to be the odd man out. How long before he's cut?

    not long. if anything he's around one more year or traded.

    could CLE get anything for a hardesty trade???

  • @tour2ma said:

    Three-year with big incentives and little guaranteed feels right. Hillis brought this on himself.

    Undoubtedly the Ogbyonnaga/ Jackson back up order will play itself out in camp. Barring significant upgrades in FA or the draft, I see Ogby being the #2 and Chris the 3rd down back.

    Hardesty looks to be the odd man out. How long before he's cut?

    not long. if anything he's around one more year or traded.

    could CLE get anything for a hardesty trade???

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @typicalbrowns said:

    not long. if anything he's around one more year or traded.

    could CLE get anything for a hardesty trade???

    Hmmm.... a sack of seed corn, maybe a six pack or two. Nah, Montario has zero trade value right now.

  • The contract will be incentive laden, and while the original offer was around 16.5 mill, the new deal will be starting around 10 mill with very little in guarantees.

    The Browns dismissed any notion of using a franchise tag on the player, which would cost the team 7.7 million on a one year deal.

    If Hillis and the Browns are smart, he'll be on the team for a little while longer.

    SOURCE: http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2012/02/nfl-rumor-browns-to-offer-peyton-hillis-three-year-deal/

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @typicalbrowns said:

    The contract will be incentive laden, and while the original offer was around 16.5 mill, the new deal will be starting around 10 mill with very little in guarantees.

    The Browns dismissed any notion of using a franchise tag on the player, which would cost the team 7.7 million on a one year deal.

    If Hillis and the Browns are smart, he'll be on the team for a little while longer.

    SOURCE: http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2012/02/nfl-rumor-browns-to-offer-peyton-hillis-three-year-deal/

    Sounds fair. $10 million- with incentives. I hope he takes it.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Well I'm glad to see they've made him an offer, and I hope he accepts. I doubt at this point he could do much better

  • Well I'm glad to see they've made him an offer, and I hope he accepts. I doubt at this point he could do much better

    R Represent wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Well I'm glad to see they've made him an offer, and I hope he accepts. I doubt at this point he could do much better

    Be careful on that there are some teams who can slide him right in to become a bulldozer back. I want him back though i am sure last season was a fluke year.