Db's - Fa's And/ Or Draft
-
Forum consensus seems to be we need a bookend CB to pair with Haden with most of the focus on LSU's Claiborne, but if for whatever reason we don't land him who do you draft or sign?
Draft:
- Kirkpatrick (Bama) is believed will last longer than Claiborne (which is fine by me as I like Dre better), but how much longer? I like him at 6 or 8 assuming Clairborne goes top 4. Dre is my trade-down target.
- Charles Brown (NC) should be a mid-roundish pick, and I think is a sleeper... fast, tough, 3-year starter. Good cover guy that might get even better with some good old, technique coachin' up...
FA's:
- Finnegan (TN) will likely end up too pricey given the 'Boys and Pats interest in him, but the skill and attitude he'd add to the D would be significant. Seeing him torment Andre Johnson twice a year for the past couple years showed me he's worth a shot.
- Thomas (NYG) has an injury question, but if he recovers his form, he could be a FA steal.
-
We should stay away from CB in the first 2 rounds of the draft. We already have heavy investments in Haden and Brown, we need to soldify the front 7 or get a ball hawking FS to cover over the top.
There are plenty of DBs to like in this draft that you can get in the later rounds. Casey Heyward, Stephen Gilmore, Shaun Prater, Brandon Boykins, even Chase Minnifield can possibly be had after the 2nd round.
I also like alot of late round FS this year. Winston Guy Jr., Brandon Taylor, Markelle Martin, and Aaron Henry.
As for FAs I would look to bring in someone like Richard Marshall, a player who isnt going to command alot of money but is a solind #2 or 3 CB. He wont lead the league in INTs but he covers well and is one of the best tackling CBs in the league.
-
Forum consensus seems to be we need a bookend CB to pair with Haden with most of the focus on LSU's Claiborne, but if for whatever reason we don't land him who do you draft or sign?
Draft:
- Kirkpatrick (Bama) is believed will last longer than Claiborne (which is fine by me as I like Dre better), but how much longer? I like him at 6 or 8 assuming Clairborne goes top 4. Dre is my trade-down target.
- Charles Brown (NC) should be a mid-roundish pick, and I think is a sleeper... fast, tough, 3-year starter. Good cover guy that might get even better with some good old, technique coachin' up...
FA's:
- Finnegan (TN) will likely end up too pricey given the 'Boys and Pats interest in him, but the skill and attitude he'd add to the D would be significant. Seeing him torment Andre Johnson twice a year for the past couple years showed me he's worth a shot.
- Thomas (NYG) has an injury question, but if he recovers his form, he could be a FA steal.
Forum consensus seems to be we need a bookend CB to pair with Haden with most of the focus on LSU's Claiborne, but if for whatever reason we don't land him who do you draft or sign?
Draft:
- Kirkpatrick (Bama) is believed will last longer than Claiborne (which is fine by me as I like Dre better), but how much longer? I like him at 6 or 8 assuming Clairborne goes top 4. Dre is my trade-down target.
- Charles Brown (NC) should be a mid-roundish pick, and I think is a sleeper... fast, tough, 3-year starter. Good cover guy that might get even better with some good old, technique coachin' up...
Good Grief. Why would we want Charlie Brown on our team?
-
I have only heard bad things about Kirk. At best he might be able to switch to safety. He just isn't that good in pass coverage, he has really stiff hips. His run support is great though.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login