Skip to content

Lets Move On

The Browns Board
17 12 1.2k
  • I still think we take Blackmon, if we trade down then Trent " the guy who should have won the Hiesman" Richardson is who i hope we get, then wr Floyd from ND.

  • What you described is the difference between a losing franchise and a winning franchise. Good teams find a way to win those games and we always find a way to lose. Always. As much as it pains me to somewhat side with a certain poster on here, I am getting tired of not taking chances and playing it safe in the draft and FA. That's been the formulas for years and we've sucked for years. I'm just so tired of seeing these teams take chances on say Cam Newton or Carson Palmer and winning football games while we take DT and suck it up cause we never have a QB capable of running an elite offense. We're drafting good players and there are plenty of holes to fill, there's no doubt about that one. But the gaping, bottomless pit has always been the QB position. It's ridiculous how many "project" guys we bring in, suck it up and leave us with 4-6 win seasons. My only hope is that Holmgren has his eyes set on Flynn and is willing to offer him a decent contract. Sure he has question marks but it's all about taking a chance. But we won't of course, we'll trade down in the first, draft a CB and watch the offense score 12 points a game while we draft a 5th round project guy who ends up sucking.

  • A good draft will be a cure for all.

  • I wouldn't be surprised to see us trade down to the Rams for the 6 and 33.

  • I think the Rams would give up the 2nd rndr they just received to move back up to 4 to get Blackmon.

    I would take that in a second. Two 1sts and Two 2nds would rebuild the Browns very quickly.

    I would still give Colt a year. Let's be fair to him, he had no time to grow and lesser talents have become very good qb's.

    Take a QB next year in rnd one if necessary

  • I think the Rams would give up the 2nd rndr they just received to move back up to 4 to get Blackmon.

    I would take that in a second. Two 1sts and Two 2nds would rebuild the Browns very quickly.

    I would still give Colt a year. Let's be fair to him, he had no time to grow and lesser talents have become very good qb's.

    Take a QB next year in rnd one if necessary

    @wj-brownfan said:

    I think the Rams would give up the 2nd rndr they just received to move back up to 4 to get Blackmon.

    I would take that in a second. Two 1sts and Two 2nds would rebuild the Browns very quickly.

    I would still give Colt a year. Let's be fair to him, he had no time to grow and lesser talents have become very good qb's.

    Take a QB next year in rnd one if necessary

    Giving a perspective (for what it's worth) following the Rams closely;

    They won't trade up for Blackmon. I think they like him, but I think they'll gladly take Claiborne or Richardson... and adding to that... I think they really-really like Richardson which might be a surprise to some.

    Not to mention, if someone comes calling for Richardson or Claiborne they may move down again.

    My 2 cents.

  • Sorry to ramble on but i am back from serving,

    Are you a waiter? 🥷

  • What you described is the difference between a losing franchise and a winning franchise. Good teams find a way to win those games and we always find a way to lose. Always. As much as it pains me to somewhat side with a certain poster on here, I am getting tired of not taking chances and playing it safe in the draft and FA. That's been the formulas for years and we've sucked for years. I'm just so tired of seeing these teams take chances on say Cam Newton or Carson Palmer and winning football games while we take DT and suck it up cause we never have a QB capable of running an elite offense. We're drafting good players and there are plenty of holes to fill, there's no doubt about that one. But the gaping, bottomless pit has always been the QB position. It's ridiculous how many "project" guys we bring in, suck it up and leave us with 4-6 win seasons. My only hope is that Holmgren has his eyes set on Flynn and is willing to offer him a decent contract. Sure he has question marks but it's all about taking a chance. But we won't of course, we'll trade down in the first, draft a CB and watch the offense score 12 points a game while we draft a 5th round project guy who ends up sucking.

    @jrb12711 said:

    What you described is the difference between a losing franchise and a winning franchise. Good teams find a way to win those games and we always find a way to lose. Always. As much as it pains me to somewhat side with a certain poster on here, I am getting tired of not taking chances and playing it safe in the draft and FA. That's been the formulas for years and we've sucked for years. I'm just so tired of seeing these teams take chances on say Cam Newton or Carson Palmer and winning football games while we take DT and suck it up cause we never have a QB capable of running an elite offense. We're drafting good players and there are plenty of holes to fill, there's no doubt about that one. But the gaping, bottomless pit has always been the QB position. It's ridiculous how many "project" guys we bring in, suck it up and leave us with 4-6 win seasons. My only hope is that Holmgren has his eyes set on Flynn and is willing to offer him a decent contract. Sure he has question marks but it's all about taking a chance. But we won't of course, we'll trade down in the first, draft a CB and watch the offense score 12 points a game while we draft a 5th round project guy who ends up sucking.

    I don't think a team is "playing it safe" by drafting good, solid players on the offensive and defensive lines or at defensive back.

    And you want to bring in Flynn? This guy is a 7th round project if I recall who has started all of 2 games in his NFL career. HE is a guy who seems to me is ripe to go high on the suckage meter.

  • Sorry to ramble on but i am back from serving,

    Are you a waiter? 🥷

    @the-gipper said:

    Sorry to ramble on but i am back from serving,

    Are you a waiter? 🥷

    . Miltary
  • @jrb12711 said:

    What you described is the difference between a losing franchise and a winning franchise. Good teams find a way to win those games and we always find a way to lose. Always. As much as it pains me to somewhat side with a certain poster on here, I am getting tired of not taking chances and playing it safe in the draft and FA. That's been the formulas for years and we've sucked for years. I'm just so tired of seeing these teams take chances on say Cam Newton or Carson Palmer and winning football games while we take DT and suck it up cause we never have a QB capable of running an elite offense. We're drafting good players and there are plenty of holes to fill, there's no doubt about that one. But the gaping, bottomless pit has always been the QB position. It's ridiculous how many "project" guys we bring in, suck it up and leave us with 4-6 win seasons. My only hope is that Holmgren has his eyes set on Flynn and is willing to offer him a decent contract. Sure he has question marks but it's all about taking a chance. But we won't of course, we'll trade down in the first, draft a CB and watch the offense score 12 points a game while we draft a 5th round project guy who ends up sucking.

    I don't think a team is "playing it safe" by drafting good, solid players on the offensive and defensive lines or at defensive back.

    And you want to bring in Flynn? This guy is a 7th round project if I recall who has started all of 2 games in his NFL career. HE is a guy who seems to me is ripe to go high on the suckage meter.

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't think a team is "playing it safe" by drafting good, solid players on the offensive and defensive lines or at defensive back.

    And you want to bring in Flynn? This guy is a 7th round project if I recall who has started all of 2 games in his NFL career. HE is a guy who seems to me is ripe to go high on the suckage meter.

    Listening to Adam Schefter this morning, he made the statement that couldn't be truer. He said "this is a quarterback driven league. If you don't have a franchise QB, you've got nothing." Colt is not and never will be a franchise QB, plain and simple. Flynn is a huge gamble but many knowledgeable people think he's franchise QB material. He comes from an elite passing WCO and has been able to learn under the best QB right now in the game. Sure it's a risk, but that sounds a hell of a lot better to me than what we've got now. Stick with Colt and we're drafting top 10 again.