Skip to content

Manning Derby

The Browns Board
18 9 1.0k
  • @choco said:

    what if he goes to NE? we could get brady.... 🙄

    I'm talking about a possible scenario.

    What if he goes to Miami?????? Your still a dick!

    @1-more-season said:

    I'm talking about a possible scenario.

    What if he goes to Miami?????? Your still a dick!

    If he goes to Miami, he can hang with Crockett and Tubbs:

  • Denver can't be high on his list of destinations if he wants a warm weather team. The weather in Denver is generally worse (colder, snowier) than the weather in Cleveland.

    If Manning has say 3 good years left in him, those are still 3 pretty damn good years. Were I a GM, I'd rather have one of the best QBs in the league (in his final Favre years) than some other washed up scrub (Kolb, Hasselbeck) to evaluate where I stand from my draft picks. If you don't win, or make progress your chance of GMing in the next season greatly diminishes. As for Shurmur, giving up some play-calling control to Manning for victories should be a no brainer. Especially, when as a coach you failed to demonstrate your offensive genius in your first year.

    I agree the Redskins made a crazy offer to get RG3, and sadly RG3 will probably be out on the streets in 2015 after the draft debacle Snyder just created. I'm more shocked that reports are stating the Browns were close to matching Snyder's offer (3-1sts and a 2nd rounder is way too much to move up 2 draft spots). Anyways, by not even trying to lure Manning to Cleveland, your staff seriously tells me that they aren't interested in making the Browns contenders this year. They will add more pieces, but your chances of finding the general to lead those pieces isn't good unless you compete for the worst record in 2012. Sadly you'll probably waste a 1st or 2nd round pick on another Colt McCoy or Brady Quinn type QB.

  • Denver can't be high on his list of destinations if he wants a warm weather team. The weather in Denver is generally worse (colder, snowier) than the weather in Cleveland.

    If Manning has say 3 good years left in him, those are still 3 pretty damn good years. Were I a GM, I'd rather have one of the best QBs in the league (in his final Favre years) than some other washed up scrub (Kolb, Hasselbeck) to evaluate where I stand from my draft picks. If you don't win, or make progress your chance of GMing in the next season greatly diminishes. As for Shurmur, giving up some play-calling control to Manning for victories should be a no brainer. Especially, when as a coach you failed to demonstrate your offensive genius in your first year.

    I agree the Redskins made a crazy offer to get RG3, and sadly RG3 will probably be out on the streets in 2015 after the draft debacle Snyder just created. I'm more shocked that reports are stating the Browns were close to matching Snyder's offer (3-1sts and a 2nd rounder is way too much to move up 2 draft spots). Anyways, by not even trying to lure Manning to Cleveland, your staff seriously tells me that they aren't interested in making the Browns contenders this year. They will add more pieces, but your chances of finding the general to lead those pieces isn't good unless you compete for the worst record in 2012. Sadly you'll probably waste a 1st or 2nd round pick on another Colt McCoy or Brady Quinn type QB.

    Endymion said:

    Denver can't be high on his list of destinations if he wants a warm weather team. The weather in Denver is generally worse (colder, snowier) than the weather in Cleveland.

    If Manning has say 3 good years left in him, those are still 3 pretty damn good years. Were I a GM, I'd rather have one of the best QBs in the league (in his final Favre years) than some other washed up scrub (Kolb, Hasselbeck) to evaluate where I stand from my draft picks. If you don't win, or make progress your chance of GMing in the next season greatly diminishes. As for Shurmur, giving up some play-calling control to Manning for victories should be a no brainer. Especially, when as a coach you failed to demonstrate your offensive genius in your first year.

    I agree the Redskins made a crazy offer to get RG3, and sadly RG3 will probably be out on the streets in 2015 after the draft debacle Snyder just created. I'm more shocked that reports are stating the Browns were close to matching Snyder's offer (3-1sts and a 2nd rounder is way too much to move up 2 draft spots). Anyways, by not even trying to lure Manning to Cleveland, your staff seriously tells me that they aren't interested in making the Browns contenders this year. They will add more pieces, but your chances of finding the general to lead those pieces isn't good unless you compete for the worst record in 2012. Sadly you'll probably waste a 1st or 2nd round pick on another Colt McCoy or Brady Quinn type QB.

    Denver actually has pretty decent weather. Its considered a high altitude desert. It doesn't get nearly as much snow as most would think and definitely not as much as Northeast Ohio. I don't think you're taking into account the most important factor, Manning doesn't want to come to Cleveland. He's looking for a team that can compete and have a legit chance at a Super Bowl. A team that's in perpetual rebuilding/building mode isn't going to entice him. Throw in the weather and divisional opponents and there's no possibility he'll look at the Browns, much less join them. He refused to even talk to the Seahawks and they are much more enticing then the Browns.

  • Denver can't be high on his list of destinations if he wants a warm weather team. The weather in Denver is generally worse (colder, snowier) than the weather in Cleveland.

    If Manning has say 3 good years left in him, those are still 3 pretty damn good years. Were I a GM, I'd rather have one of the best QBs in the league (in his final Favre years) than some other washed up scrub (Kolb, Hasselbeck) to evaluate where I stand from my draft picks. If you don't win, or make progress your chance of GMing in the next season greatly diminishes. As for Shurmur, giving up some play-calling control to Manning for victories should be a no brainer. Especially, when as a coach you failed to demonstrate your offensive genius in your first year.

    I agree the Redskins made a crazy offer to get RG3, and sadly RG3 will probably be out on the streets in 2015 after the draft debacle Snyder just created. I'm more shocked that reports are stating the Browns were close to matching Snyder's offer (3-1sts and a 2nd rounder is way too much to move up 2 draft spots). Anyways, by not even trying to lure Manning to Cleveland, your staff seriously tells me that they aren't interested in making the Browns contenders this year. They will add more pieces, but your chances of finding the general to lead those pieces isn't good unless you compete for the worst record in 2012. Sadly you'll probably waste a 1st or 2nd round pick on another Colt McCoy or Brady Quinn type QB.

    Endymion said:

    Denver can't be high on his list of destinations if he wants a warm weather team. The weather in Denver is generally worse (colder, snowier) than the weather in Cleveland.

    If Manning has say 3 good years left in him, those are still 3 pretty damn good years. Were I a GM, I'd rather have one of the best QBs in the league (in his final Favre years) than some other washed up scrub (Kolb, Hasselbeck) to evaluate where I stand from my draft picks. If you don't win, or make progress your chance of GMing in the next season greatly diminishes. As for Shurmur, giving up some play-calling control to Manning for victories should be a no brainer. Especially, when as a coach you failed to demonstrate your offensive genius in your first year.

    I agree the Redskins made a crazy offer to get RG3, and sadly RG3 will probably be out on the streets in 2015 after the draft debacle Snyder just created. I'm more shocked that reports are stating the Browns were close to matching Snyder's offer (3-1sts and a 2nd rounder is way too much to move up 2 draft spots). Anyways, by not even trying to lure Manning to Cleveland, your staff seriously tells me that they aren't interested in making the Browns contenders this year. They will add more pieces, but your chances of finding the general to lead those pieces isn't good unless you compete for the worst record in 2012. Sadly you'll probably waste a 1st or 2nd round pick on another Colt McCoy or Brady Quinn type QB.

    If we don't go after Flynn (God I hope not, I see Scott Mitchell II in the works) and we continue to suck (hey with another great draft and Colt at the controls we may finish 7-9) and be picking in the 10-12 range. Browns fans will just have to hope we get relatively lucky like the Steelers did and find another Rothlisberger there at #9 (you can sacrifice a second rounder to move up a few spots if you have to) or hope you find the next Aaron Rodgers free falling down into the 20s. That's not ancient history, so it could happen again.

  • Endymion said:

    Denver can't be high on his list of destinations if he wants a warm weather team. The weather in Denver is generally worse (colder, snowier) than the weather in Cleveland.

    If Manning has say 3 good years left in him, those are still 3 pretty damn good years. Were I a GM, I'd rather have one of the best QBs in the league (in his final Favre years) than some other washed up scrub (Kolb, Hasselbeck) to evaluate where I stand from my draft picks. If you don't win, or make progress your chance of GMing in the next season greatly diminishes. As for Shurmur, giving up some play-calling control to Manning for victories should be a no brainer. Especially, when as a coach you failed to demonstrate your offensive genius in your first year.

    I agree the Redskins made a crazy offer to get RG3, and sadly RG3 will probably be out on the streets in 2015 after the draft debacle Snyder just created. I'm more shocked that reports are stating the Browns were close to matching Snyder's offer (3-1sts and a 2nd rounder is way too much to move up 2 draft spots). Anyways, by not even trying to lure Manning to Cleveland, your staff seriously tells me that they aren't interested in making the Browns contenders this year. They will add more pieces, but your chances of finding the general to lead those pieces isn't good unless you compete for the worst record in 2012. Sadly you'll probably waste a 1st or 2nd round pick on another Colt McCoy or Brady Quinn type QB.

    If we don't go after Flynn (God I hope not, I see Scott Mitchell II in the works) and we continue to suck (hey with another great draft and Colt at the controls we may finish 7-9) and be picking in the 10-12 range. Browns fans will just have to hope we get relatively lucky like the Steelers did and find another Rothlisberger there at #9 (you can sacrifice a second rounder to move up a few spots if you have to) or hope you find the next Aaron Rodgers free falling down into the 20s. That's not ancient history, so it could happen again.

    @hoorta said:

    (God I hope not, I see Scott Mitchell II in the works)

    why? break down the similarities please.

    i hope its better than "i have a feeling", cause not every aspiring starter moving up from backup becomes mitchell. mitchell was an exception...hence why everyone remembers him.

    relying on luck.....psht

  • Ben Roethlisberger was selected with the #11th pick and not the #9th pick. Buffalo had tried to negotiate several trades to move up ahead of the Steelers to nab Ben Roethlisberger, but those teams did not want to lose the guys they were targeting.

    In terms of where Manning wants to play vs. where he doesn't. Cleveland hasn't (to my knowledge) throw it's hat in the Manning ring. H&H should at least try to build fan sympathy for Manning (like they have over RG3) and said hey we wanted Manning but he rejected us.

    Pittsburgh may be headed for a down year in 2012. The purge of our aging defensive stars have begun, and we don't have the cash to sign free agents. Colbert has drafted solidly (especially in the 1st and 2nd rounds) over his tenure and hopefully the defensive players he's selected will pay dividends. I'm not really happy with the contract they offered Timmons. While he is a decent player, he wasn't good enough to warrant the 50M+ contract they signed him too. Based on 2011, the NFC North does look like a difficult division to win with Cleveland, but you do have some pieces in place to win games with Manning.

    Baltimore have to be AFC North Division favorites. But like the Steelers they have many key older players who are past there prime. Flacco still has trouble with the big games, and wasn't really impressive vs. Browns/Bengals in 2011. Then again the AFC does employ alot of the 3-4 defense, which has presented Manning with a bit more trouble than the 4-3 over the years.

    In addition to Manning you could've made bold moves in the Wide Reciever core, of which Cleveland has done nothing. Signing a top name WO, could've got Mannings attention. Your defense is pretty good and your running back had shown flashes of greatness 2 years ago. Plus, as I've said, you have a pretty stout offensive line, which to me has to be one of the major factors for Manning. It does him no good to join a play-off calibre team only to get killed by a sub-par O-line.

    Mannings best shot at winning a super bowl has to be joining the SF 49'ers. They have offensive weapons, the have a defense, and they have a good coach. Imagine how good that team would've been with Manning at it's helm in 2011. Yet there has been no talk of Manning to SF. If Manning goes to AZ, he'll have to go through them to win the division, while AZ would be one of 3 speed bumps if he goes to SF.

    Denver makes alot of sense. The Chargers are thought to be the class of that division, yet they find ways to screw it up year after year, and with Norv there look for more of the same. KC and Oak aren't exactly fearsome opponents. Denver, like SF, has the potential to really cruise to a bye week with Manning at the helm.

    Tennessee also makes alot of sense for Manning. He's familar with that division, and he's owned the teams in it. TT finished second in the division with Hasselbeck at the helm. The Texans defense will probably take a hit this year, but regardless, Manning can still outwit them.

    If I were Manning, I would go to SF if I wanted to win a super bowl (more than I wanted I big payday). If I wanted a big payday and a chance to be a contender, there's alot of other teams I would consider. If the Browns were offering a big payday, they do have some pieces in place that would interest me.

  • Looks like the 49ers changed their minds about Manning.

    They signed Moss, who I believe despite his mental issues could still be a top 5 receiver if he wants to be.

  • Do we need this thread? Really...I mean turn on Sportscenter

  • I think it's time for a new handle.

  • Looks like the 49ers changed their minds about Manning.

    They signed Moss, who I believe despite his mental issues could still be a top 5 receiver if he wants to be.

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    Looks like the 49ers changed their minds about Manning.

    They signed Moss, who I believe despite his mental issues could still be a top 5 receiver if he wants to be.

    called this in jan. no brainer if u ask me. at least two sbs.