Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Rams Trading Up Now...

Rams Trading Up Now...

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
8 Posts 8 Posters 890 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • SDBrownsFan S
    • 126 Posts
    • 4 Reputation
    S SDBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I could actually see the Rams trying to move up now to select Blackmon.

    What happens if they move up #3? Do we select Kalil? Claiborne? I just hope its not Tannehill- three guys this season (that are/were available could be intriguing to replace Colt (Manning, Luck and RGIII).

    Vikings have to be thinking that we won't take Kalil the Bucs who knows but maybe its worth the gamble to the Vikings as there are some other solid tackles and now they could add an early second round pick or MORE from the Rams. I think the Vikings could really play this smart and still get there guy.

    I would go with Claiborne- if the Rams move up and take Blackmon (If we couldn't find a trade partner to move down)finish up our defense and try to win games by scores like 10-7. But I think we could make someone overpay for Kalil or Tannehill- and take a RT, Floyd, and a guy like Lamar Miller with the acquired picks.

    If Colt can't do it with a new RT (3 first round picks on the line), a new go to WR and nice change of pace weapon- we get our QB next year- and at least we know.

    miktoxicM 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • S SDBrownsFan

      I could actually see the Rams trying to move up now to select Blackmon.

      What happens if they move up #3? Do we select Kalil? Claiborne? I just hope its not Tannehill- three guys this season (that are/were available could be intriguing to replace Colt (Manning, Luck and RGIII).

      Vikings have to be thinking that we won't take Kalil the Bucs who knows but maybe its worth the gamble to the Vikings as there are some other solid tackles and now they could add an early second round pick or MORE from the Rams. I think the Vikings could really play this smart and still get there guy.

      I would go with Claiborne- if the Rams move up and take Blackmon (If we couldn't find a trade partner to move down)finish up our defense and try to win games by scores like 10-7. But I think we could make someone overpay for Kalil or Tannehill- and take a RT, Floyd, and a guy like Lamar Miller with the acquired picks.

      If Colt can't do it with a new RT (3 first round picks on the line), a new go to WR and nice change of pace weapon- we get our QB next year- and at least we know.

      miktoxic miktoxicM
      • 13k Posts
      • 1k Reputation
      miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @sdbrownsfan said:

      I would go with Claiborne-

      If Colt can't do it with a new RT (3 first round picks on the line), a new go to WR and nice change of pace weapon- we get our QB next year- and at least we know.

      ^ 100% agree

      hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • 4Browns 4
        • 187 Posts
        • 8 Reputation
        4 4Browns wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Most every mock I've seen has the Vikes taking Kalil at #3. So if the draft goes Luck, RGIII, Kalil, and the Rams call while the Browns are on the clock, would you take their second round selection (#33) to drop back to six? I'd do it, because at six you are guaranteed to get either Claiborne or Richardson, and we could use either guy. Blackmon is going to be good, but probably not AJ Green good. There ought to be some good WR options left at #22. Picks 6,22,33 and 37 ought to really stock up the talent level of the Browns, assuming Heckert does a good job.

        B 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • 4 4Browns

          Most every mock I've seen has the Vikes taking Kalil at #3. So if the draft goes Luck, RGIII, Kalil, and the Rams call while the Browns are on the clock, would you take their second round selection (#33) to drop back to six? I'd do it, because at six you are guaranteed to get either Claiborne or Richardson, and we could use either guy. Blackmon is going to be good, but probably not AJ Green good. There ought to be some good WR options left at #22. Picks 6,22,33 and 37 ought to really stock up the talent level of the Browns, assuming Heckert does a good job.

          beefjerky B
          • 548 Posts
          • 26 Reputation
          B beefjerky wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @4browns said:

          Most every mock I've seen has the Vikes taking Kalil at #3. So if the draft goes Luck, RGIII, Kalil, and the Rams call while the Browns are on the clock, would you take their second round selection (#33) to drop back to six? I'd do it, because at six you are guaranteed to get either Claiborne or Richardson, and we could use either guy. Blackmon is going to be good, but probably not AJ Green good. There ought to be some good WR options left at #22. Picks 6,22,33 and 37 ought to really stock up the talent level of the Browns, assuming Heckert does a good job.

          I think Blackmon has a chance to be Fitzgerald and I'd take him for that reason alone.

          USFBrownU 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • B beefjerky

            @4browns said:

            Most every mock I've seen has the Vikes taking Kalil at #3. So if the draft goes Luck, RGIII, Kalil, and the Rams call while the Browns are on the clock, would you take their second round selection (#33) to drop back to six? I'd do it, because at six you are guaranteed to get either Claiborne or Richardson, and we could use either guy. Blackmon is going to be good, but probably not AJ Green good. There ought to be some good WR options left at #22. Picks 6,22,33 and 37 ought to really stock up the talent level of the Browns, assuming Heckert does a good job.

            I think Blackmon has a chance to be Fitzgerald and I'd take him for that reason alone.

            USFBrown USFBrownU Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 2k Posts
            • 270 Reputation
            USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @beefjerky said:

            I think Blackmon has a chance to be Fitzgerald and I'd take him for that reason alone.

            Blackmon! The Browns need a real receiving thread to help prevent defenses from stacking the box on us every play.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • ClevelandBigDawg C
              • 571 Posts
              • 8 Reputation
              C ClevelandBigDawg wrote on last edited by
              #6

              If Browns are thinking Richardson over Blackmon at that point, yes you trade down. If Blackmon is our highest rated player on the board. You take him. The Buccs I dont think are a threat to take Richardson, but they will be a threat to take Claiborne, which I think is likely there pick.

              In Short if our board looks like 1) Richardson 2) Blackmon and we KNOW that the Rams will take Blackmon and the Buccaneers will take Claiborne AND we can pick up a 2nd rounder... pull the trigger. If we are not certain then we take our highest rated player

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • miktoxicM miktoxic

                @sdbrownsfan said:

                I would go with Claiborne-

                If Colt can't do it with a new RT (3 first round picks on the line), a new go to WR and nice change of pace weapon- we get our QB next year- and at least we know.

                ^ 100% agree

                hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 20k Posts
                • 5k Reputation
                hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @miktoxic said:

                ^ 100% agree

                Yeah Mik- tell me how the Eagles and Jets did having two stud cornerbacks. Let's keep on building that defense, and hope we can start winning games 9-6.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • slowburn slowburnS
                  • 2k Posts
                  • 116 Reputation
                  slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Leave it to the H & h posse to not pick Blackmon.

                  These guys would fcku up a one car funeral.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply

                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                  Register Login
                  Reply
                  • Reply as topic
                  Log in to reply
                  • Oldest to Newest
                  • Newest to Oldest
                  • Most Votes


                  Theme
                  • System
                  • Light
                  • Dark
                  The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                  The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                  • First post
                    Last post
                  0
                  • Forums
                  • Recent
                  • Popular
                  • Users
                  • Donate