Skip to content

Trent Richardson

The Browns Board
108 31 5.4k
  • It was my understanding that they were open to the idea of resigning Vickers. That all changed when they drafted Marecic, but since Marecic didn't pan out the way they had hoped maybe they ought to revisit the original decision. Beside, Vickers would come back to Cleveland in a heartbeat... at a reduced rate at that, most likely. Just tell him he'll be run blocking for an up-n-coming TR3 and the deal is sealed.

  • In my opinion I really see the draft going in 2 ways. Either the Browns go Richardson at 4 and Kendall Wright/Alshon Jeffery/or best WR available at 22. OR they take Blackmon at 4 and Lamar Miller/David Wilson/Best RB available at 22. So it's kind of pick your poison and I don't think there's truly a wrong choice.

    @dawginit said:

    In my opinion I really see the draft going in 2 ways. Either the Browns go Richardson at 4 and Kendall Wright/Alshon Jeffery/or best WR available at 22. OR they take Blackmon at 4 and Lamar Miller/David Wilson/Best RB available at 22. So it's kind of pick your poison and I don't think there's truly a wrong choice.

    Unless, of course, they decide to go for defense.....or they fall in love with Tannehill.

    Nevertheless, you make sense.

  • In my opinion I really see the draft going in 2 ways. Either the Browns go Richardson at 4 and Kendall Wright/Alshon Jeffery/or best WR available at 22. OR they take Blackmon at 4 and Lamar Miller/David Wilson/Best RB available at 22. So it's kind of pick your poison and I don't think there's truly a wrong choice.

    @dawginit said:

    In my opinion I really see the draft going in 2 ways. Either the Browns go Richardson at 4 and Kendall Wright/Alshon Jeffery/or best WR available at 22. OR they take Blackmon at 4 and Lamar Miller/David Wilson/Best RB available at 22. So it's kind of pick your poison and I don't think there's truly a wrong choice.

    God I hope its not Alshon "i love big macs" Jeffery.. Im on the Blackmon/Wilson train.. I still have a funny feeling Ingram is a possibility@4

  • I've been on record on being in love with Trent. I honestly think the guy has more ability and talent than AP not to mention he played in the toughest division against high caliber talent consistently. I also think after RGIII, Luck and Kalil he's the best best prospect in this draft. I'm on the side of saying taking a RB that high is dangerous, but don't doubt this guy's ability. He could be an immediate game changer player for the browns should we decide to take him.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I've been on record on being in love with Trent. I honestly think the guy has more ability and talent than AP not to mention he played in the toughest division against high caliber talent consistently. I also think after RGIII, Luck and Kalil he's the best best prospect in this draft. I'm on the side of saying taking a RB that high is dangerous, but don't doubt this guy's ability. He could be an immediate game changer player for the browns should we decide to take him.

    Trent has more ability and talent then AP? Wow just wow.

  • If we can do a trade with the Rams where we go to #6 still get Trent and get their 2nd rounder I AM ALL IN and i think the BROWNS too...if no sale then i think we may take Blackmon who i am not a fan of at all.

    who i wouldn't be upset getting

    QB

    Tannehill 2nd round Cousins 3rd

    RB

    Trent 1st Wilson 2nd Turbin 3rd

    WR

    Floyd 1st, Streeter, 2nd Mcnutt late 3rd

    CB

    Gilmore 2nd, Cotty 5th, J. Jackson supplemental

    This is going to be a GREAT DRAFT!

    also saw we tendered norwood...so do we need another slot reciever like blackmon?

    Trent, Floyd, Gilmore Mcnutt, Cousins wouldn't be to bad in the first few picks

  • If we can do a trade with the Rams where we go to #6 still get Trent and get their 2nd rounder I AM ALL IN and i think the BROWNS too...if no sale then i think we may take Blackmon who i am not a fan of at all.

    who i wouldn't be upset getting

    QB

    Tannehill 2nd round Cousins 3rd

    RB

    Trent 1st Wilson 2nd Turbin 3rd

    WR

    Floyd 1st, Streeter, 2nd Mcnutt late 3rd

    CB

    Gilmore 2nd, Cotty 5th, J. Jackson supplemental

    This is going to be a GREAT DRAFT!

    also saw we tendered norwood...so do we need another slot reciever like blackmon?

    Trent, Floyd, Gilmore Mcnutt, Cousins wouldn't be to bad in the first few picks

    @brownfish said:

    If we can do a trade with the Rams where we go to #6 still get Trent and get their 2nd rounder I AM ALL IN and i think the BROWNS too...if no sale then i think we may take Blackmon who i am not a fan of at all.

    who i wouldn't be upset getting

    QB

    Tannehill 2nd round Cousins 3rd

    Trent 1st Wilson 2nd Turbin 3rd

    Floyd 1st, Streeter, 2nd Mcnutt late 3rd

    also saw we tendered norwood...so do we need another slot reciever like blackmon?

    Trent, Floyd, Gilmore Mcnutt, Cousins wouldn't be to bad in the first few picks

    How do you figure Blackmon as a slot receiver? Because he's 6'1?

  • @brownfish said:

    If we can do a trade with the Rams where we go to #6 still get Trent and get their 2nd rounder I AM ALL IN and i think the BROWNS too...if no sale then i think we may take Blackmon who i am not a fan of at all.

    who i wouldn't be upset getting

    QB

    Tannehill 2nd round Cousins 3rd

    Trent 1st Wilson 2nd Turbin 3rd

    Floyd 1st, Streeter, 2nd Mcnutt late 3rd

    also saw we tendered norwood...so do we need another slot reciever like blackmon?

    Trent, Floyd, Gilmore Mcnutt, Cousins wouldn't be to bad in the first few picks

    How do you figure Blackmon as a slot receiver? Because he's 6'1?

    @taco918 said:

    How do you figure Blackmon as a slot receiver? Because he's 6'1?

    Cause apparently anyone one any size any speed would make a great slot receiver according to people on this board. Slot receiver, short quick/fast WR with above average hands. The team's #1 wr might put into the slot in 2+ wr sets, but has to still be able to be good on the outside. You don't draft a #1 wr to play slot.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    I've been on record on being in love with Trent. I honestly think the guy has more ability and talent than AP not to mention he played in the toughest division against high caliber talent consistently. I also think after RGIII, Luck and Kalil he's the best best prospect in this draft. I'm on the side of saying taking a RB that high is dangerous, but don't doubt this guy's ability. He could be an immediate game changer player for the browns should we decide to take him.

    Trent has more ability and talent then AP? Wow just wow.

    @taco918 said:

    Trent has more ability and talent then AP? Wow just wow.

    He's coming out of college just as strong, fast, a scouted better blocker, ran behind ingram and still dominated, played in the SEC against 1st round NFL talent, doesn't have the wear and tear of being a 4 year starter, and doesn't have near an injury history. But he's nowhere near AP right? He's just as good as AP coming out of college and in fact is scouted higher than he was. I get AP has proven it in the NFL but this guy is just like AP with more to offer.

    Man I swear some people on here are clueless.

  • I'd be 3000% content with Richardson and any one of these receivers in the first round. Blackmon. Hill. Wright. Jeffries. Floyd. In no particular order after Blackmon. Obviously he's the first choice.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    I've been on record on being in love with Trent. I honestly think the guy has more ability and talent than AP not to mention he played in the toughest division against high caliber talent consistently. I also think after RGIII, Luck and Kalil he's the best best prospect in this draft. I'm on the side of saying taking a RB that high is dangerous, but don't doubt this guy's ability. He could be an immediate game changer player for the browns should we decide to take him.

    Trent has more ability and talent then AP? Wow just wow.

    @taco918 said:

    Trent has more ability and talent then AP? Wow just wow.

    A lot of scouts say that TR is the best running back since Barry Sanders. I don't see it though.

  • @taco918 said:

    Trent has more ability and talent then AP? Wow just wow.

    He's coming out of college just as strong, fast, a scouted better blocker, ran behind ingram and still dominated, played in the SEC against 1st round NFL talent, doesn't have the wear and tear of being a 4 year starter, and doesn't have near an injury history. But he's nowhere near AP right? He's just as good as AP coming out of college and in fact is scouted higher than he was. I get AP has proven it in the NFL but this guy is just like AP with more to offer.

    Man I swear some people on here are clueless.

    @jrb12711 said:

    He's coming out of college just as strong, fast, a scouted better blocker, ran behind ingram and still dominated, played in the SEC against 1st round NFL talent, doesn't have the wear and tear of being a 4 year starter, and doesn't have near an injury history. But he's nowhere near AP right? He's just as good as AP coming out of college and in fact is scouted higher than he was. I get AP has proven it in the NFL but this guy is just like AP with more to offer.

    Man I swear some people on here are clueless.

    Man did you ever see AP play in college? AP could've come out his Freshman year and dominated in the NFL. I've seen Trent play quite a bit and I have never come out of it in complete awe like I did with AP. There is no way Trent is faster then AP on the football field. I can't recall ever seeing someone catch AP from behind once he's in the open field unlike your boy Trent. Trent bounces off tacklers, AP ran/runs through them. I can still to this day remember seeing AP break off that 80 year run against Ok St. in Stillwater his Freshman year. Every single poke fan in that stadium was in complete shock. There was no booing, there was no yelling, just awe in knowing that we all just witnessed something truly great. Everybody in orange was looking at each other with a "Did you see that?" look on their face. Nobody was mad. Nobody was angry. Just in awe. That doesn't happen when OU plays OSU. Its called bedlam for a reason. You can throw all the stats and scouting reports out there that you want but Trent has never had that singular moment where everybody knew they were witnessing true greatness. I'll add the link to the video but it doesn't do it justice.

    Edit: That was my first Bedlam game and I've been to every one since. Never have I seen the crowd react the way they did after that run.

  • @taco918 said:

    Trent has more ability and talent then AP? Wow just wow.

    A lot of scouts say that TR is the best running back since Barry Sanders. I don't see it though.

    @baybrownsfan said:

    A lot of scouts say that TR is the best running back since Barry Sanders. I don't see it though.

    Honestly Barry Sanders is probably a better comparison. They both have/had that ability to bounce off tackles. Trent isn't as shifty as Sanders but I see more Sanders in Trent then AP.

  • @baybrownsfan said:

    A lot of scouts say that TR is the best running back since Barry Sanders. I don't see it though.

    Honestly Barry Sanders is probably a better comparison. They both have/had that ability to bounce off tackles. Trent isn't as shifty as Sanders but I see more Sanders in Trent then AP.

    @taco918 said:

    Honestly Barry Sanders is probably a better comparison. They both have/had that ability to bounce off tackles. Trent isn't as shifty as Sanders but I see more Sanders in Trent then AP.

    lol this is getting ridiculous. Aside from durability and being a better receiver out of the backfield, give me one trait of TR's thats better than AP's.

    Out of college, Adrian Peterson was measured at 6'1 1/2' with a 4.40 40-time and explosiveness that you never find in a big back. That, and he ran through linebackers and safeties like they were nothing. He was absolutely unreal in college, he should have won the heisman his soph year before the injury. I like Trent, but as an NFL prospect, he's not as good as AP.

    Hell, as a prospect, McFadden was better than Trent.

  • @taco918 said:

    Honestly Barry Sanders is probably a better comparison. They both have/had that ability to bounce off tackles. Trent isn't as shifty as Sanders but I see more Sanders in Trent then AP.

    lol this is getting ridiculous. Aside from durability and being a better receiver out of the backfield, give me one trait of TR's thats better than AP's.

    Out of college, Adrian Peterson was measured at 6'1 1/2' with a 4.40 40-time and explosiveness that you never find in a big back. That, and he ran through linebackers and safeties like they were nothing. He was absolutely unreal in college, he should have won the heisman his soph year before the injury. I like Trent, but as an NFL prospect, he's not as good as AP.

    Hell, as a prospect, McFadden was better than Trent.

    @secondwave said:

    lol this is getting ridiculous. Aside from durability and being a better receiver out of the backfield, give me one trait of TR's thats better than AP's.

    Out of college, Adrian Peterson was measured at 6'1 1/2' with a 4.40 40-time and explosiveness that you never find in a big back. That, and he ran through linebackers and safeties like they were nothing. He was absolutely unreal in college, he should have won the heisman his soph year before the injury. I like Trent, but as an NFL prospect, he's not as good as AP.

    Hell, as a prospect, McFadden was better than Trent.

    I was defending AP my man. And he should've won the Heisman his freshman year. Less then a hundred yards short of 2000 while missing 1 or 2 games. He ended up second in the Heisman because freshman aren't supposed to win.

  • you got to be insane to pick a running back at #4. big Fing deal he did this and that. how has peterson led the vikes to the SB?

    why does everybody/some people just clamp their chompers around some of these guys cocks?

    jimmy johnson once said that you can turn a corner and find a running back. it's about who's in front to block for the asshole.

  • Some of you are sooo silly... are you telling me you wouldn't draft Jim Brown with the #4 overall? Get REAL!

    @poeticg said:

    Some of you are sooo silly... are you telling me you wouldn't draft Jim Brown with the #4 overall? Get REAL!

    So now you think Richardson has Jim Brown potential? Wow, you've been drinking the Trent Kool-aid heavily I see. FWIW, I'm old enough to have seen Jim Brown play many times- in person, and I've seen virtually all of his highlights. Trent isn't even in the discussion. In fact the only modern runner that had a chance to equal the great JB was Bo Jackson- before he got hurt. Bo had enough power to run over people- his steamrolling Brian Bosworth is classic, and until this year I had no idea how fast he was. Richardson can run a 4.4? Big whoop. Bo at 230 pounds was clocked at 4.15 second fastest (to Darrell Green) in the history of the NFL when they were able to track hundredths in a 40 time.

    @poeticg said:

    tell me you don't get chills imagining him in the orange and browns doing this to the Steelers and Ravens TWICE a year and shoving a stiff arm down the Bengals throat. With Trent Richardson, Colt continuing to grow and the Development of our WR corp and the shoring up the right side of the OL(Pashos is already gone- Thank God), the Browns have a real shot at sweeping the division!

    Know what I saw in the video of Richardson? Another Ray Rice. Drafted in the second round FYI.

    Finally,more than ever it's a quarterback league. Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Ladanian Tomlinson, and Jim Brown combined don't have as many championship rings as Joe Montana.

    Regarding Colt- I'm afraid he's "grown" about as much as he can. Perhaps you haven't noticed, but the more astute of us here sure have- H&H going after RGIII, and now with rumors circulating about Flynn- that should SCREAM to you the Browns have given a big no-confidence vote to Mr. McCoy.

  • I'm tired of hearing how much of a workout animal this kid is. We're not drafting him to workout. I don't give a shit if you can't bench more than 200 lbs...if you can ball, you can ball.

    His on the field play isn't anything stellar. Most of his big hits are on defensive backs. He's not going to be half as effective in the NFL as he was in college, and most of his effectiveness in college was due to the fact he was playing for Alabama. He was outshone by his backup a couple times, just as he outshone Mark Ingram. Alabama has a very run-friendly system, RB's are flourishing there.

  • I never was high on taking Richardson but the more i think about it, i dont think id mind much if they took him. I think him touching the ball 20+ times per game would greatly reduce the pressure off of McCoy and on top of that i think our play action game could finally become effective.

  • I am really curious what people want the Browns to draft position-wise.

    The mention of taking a RB at #4 after losing our starter in Hillis makes sense (minus the fact that Richardson was injured during the combine).

    Then comes the option of Blackmon, but then people say it is silly to take a WR that high. OK... So, we will stick with SlowMoMass and Little?...

    The only player I don't hear people get pissed about is Morris Claiborne... I appreciate the value of having he and Haden, but don't we need to score points to win games?

    Are you going to tell me that Tannehill is a #4 pick?... I doubt it.

  • I am really curious what people want the Browns to draft position-wise.

    The mention of taking a RB at #4 after losing our starter in Hillis makes sense (minus the fact that Richardson was injured during the combine).

    Then comes the option of Blackmon, but then people say it is silly to take a WR that high. OK... So, we will stick with SlowMoMass and Little?...

    The only player I don't hear people get pissed about is Morris Claiborne... I appreciate the value of having he and Haden, but don't we need to score points to win games?

    Are you going to tell me that Tannehill is a #4 pick?... I doubt it.

    @loyalty said:

    I am really curious what people want the Browns to draft position-wise.

    The mention of taking a RB at #4 after losing our starter in Hillis makes sense (minus the fact that Richardson was injured during the combine).

    Then comes the option of Blackmon, but then people say it is silly to take a WR that high. OK... So, we will stick with SlowMoMass and Little?...

    The only player I don't hear people get pissed about is Morris Claiborne... I appreciate the value of having he and Haden, but don't we need to score points to win games?

    Are you going to tell me that Tannehill is a #4 pick?... I doubt it.

    We have Dawson to score points, don't need anyone else 🙂