Trent Richardson
-
Great- he can bench 365. Too bad football rules won't let him pick up a 185 pound cornerback with one hand, and toss him into the cheap seats.
I'll admit with Hillis hitting the road the odds of the Browns actually drafting this guy went up slightly.
Michael Bush is a better option, and he won't cost us the #4 pick that we could use on Blackmon or Claiborne.
I like Bush too. His numbers have gotten better every year in the league
and it looks like he knows how to hang onto the ball. I bet he is closer to 260 lbs.
I watched him fairly often when he was with Louisville and was impressed. Too bad he broke his leg but seemingly his toughness has got him
back playing at a competetive level.
Makes sense to me picking up a FA who has proven he can produce in this league instead of rolling the dice and
crapping out on a hyped first round draft pick.
I like Bush too. His numbers have gotten better every year in the league
and it looks like he knows how to hang onto the ball. I bet he is closer to 260 lbs.
I watched him fairly often when he was with Louisville and was impressed. Too bad he broke his leg but seemingly his toughness has got him
back playing at a competetive level.
Makes sense to me picking up a FA who has proven he can produce in this league instead of rolling the dice and
crapping out on a hyped first round draft pick.
Michael Bush already signed with the Bears. No point in talking about him.
-
I like Bush too. His numbers have gotten better every year in the league
and it looks like he knows how to hang onto the ball. I bet he is closer to 260 lbs.
I watched him fairly often when he was with Louisville and was impressed. Too bad he broke his leg but seemingly his toughness has got him
back playing at a competetive level.
Makes sense to me picking up a FA who has proven he can produce in this league instead of rolling the dice and
crapping out on a hyped first round draft pick.
Michael Bush already signed with the Bears. No point in talking about him.
Michael Bush already signed with the Bears. No point in talking about him.
thanx for the update
-
Michael Bush already signed with the Bears. No point in talking about him.
thanx for the update
thanx for the update
Honestly surprised more people didn't know about this. It happened like a week ago. Right after it happened Barber decided to retire as well. Was pretty big news on ESPN. Supposedly Matt Forte wasn't too happy about the signing, I actually know less about his contract situation. Did he already resign and for how long?
Edit: Oh and I wanted to also say, regardless of what side of the fence you are on with Richardson, you have to be excited to see what his numbers are going to be today for his pro day.
-
Forte was franchised (for like $7.7 mil)
Then Bears signed Bush.
Now Forte feels "disrespected" and went off on Bears on Twitter.
Lovie let Forte know he still loves him and is optimistic a long-term deal will still happen (although Lovie doesn't get involved in contract negotiations
).Now Forte is subject of trade rumors... most notably with Pats.
I kinda hope we are in those discussions.
-
Well, I think that we've all seen all that we need to see on Trent Richardson. Unbelieveable runningback with uncanny instincts coupled with power and speed. 4.4 - 4.5 speed, in that frame? Pittsburgh is going to need to upgrade their defense and Baltimore is shaking in their cleats... Trent Richardson changes everything about our offense and makes us relevant... as relevant as taking RG3 would have made us, maybe better because RG3's transition into the pros is still in question where as Trent is a lock to show up big his rookie year... Possibly even Rookie of the year status(over Luck, RG3 and Kalil, Claiborn and Blackmon) is certainly possible.
With the fourth pick of the 2012 NFL Draft, The Cleveland Browns select: Runningback Trent Richardson University of Alabama! Having the pick announced by Jim Brown would make this selection epic.
TR#3 or Bust!
I actually cheered during his proday when he snagged that high thrown ball, one handed on the sideline!


-
Well, I think that we've all seen all that we need to see on Trent Richardson. Unbelieveable runningback with uncanny instincts coupled with power and speed. 4.4 - 4.5 speed, in that frame? Pittsburgh is going to need to upgrade their defense and Baltimore is shaking in their cleats... Trent Richardson changes everything about our offense and makes us relevant... as relevant as taking RG3 would have made us, maybe better because RG3's transition into the pros is still in question where as Trent is a lock to show up big his rookie year... Possibly even Rookie of the year status(over Luck, RG3 and Kalil, Claiborn and Blackmon) is certainly possible.
With the fourth pick of the 2012 NFL Draft, The Cleveland Browns select: Runningback Trent Richardson University of Alabama! Having the pick announced by Jim Brown would make this selection epic.
TR#3 or Bust!
I actually cheered during his proday when he snagged that high thrown ball, one handed on the sideline!


Well, I think that we've all seen all that we need to see on Trent Richardson. Unbelieveable runningback with uncanny instincts coupled with power and speed. 4.4 - 4.5 speed, in that frame? Pittsburgh is going to need to upgrade their defense and Baltimore is shaking in their cleats... Trent Richardson changes everything about our offense and makes us relevant... as relevant as taking RG3 would have made us, maybe better because RG3's transition into the pros is still in question where as Trent is a lock to show up big his rookie year... Possibly even Rookie of the year status(over Luck, RG3 and Kalil, Claiborn and Blackmon) is certainly possible.
With the fourth pick of the 2012 NFL Draft, The Cleveland Browns select: Runningback Trent Richardson University of Alabama! Having the pick announced by Jim Brown would make this selection epic.
TR#3 or Bust!
I actually cheered during his proday when he snagged that high thrown ball, one handed on the sideline!


Shut. The. Fuck. Up. Already.
-
Well, I think that we've all seen all that we need to see on Trent Richardson. Unbelieveable runningback with uncanny instincts coupled with power and speed. 4.4 - 4.5 speed, in that frame? Pittsburgh is going to need to upgrade their defense and Baltimore is shaking in their cleats... Trent Richardson changes everything about our offense and makes us relevant... as relevant as taking RG3 would have made us, maybe better because RG3's transition into the pros is still in question where as Trent is a lock to show up big his rookie year... Possibly even Rookie of the year status(over Luck, RG3 and Kalil, Claiborn and Blackmon) is certainly possible.
With the fourth pick of the 2012 NFL Draft, The Cleveland Browns select: Runningback Trent Richardson University of Alabama! Having the pick announced by Jim Brown would make this selection epic.
TR#3 or Bust!
I actually cheered during his proday when he snagged that high thrown ball, one handed on the sideline!


-
-
Well, I think that we've all seen all that we need to see on Trent Richardson. Unbelieveable runningback with uncanny instincts coupled with power and speed. 4.4 - 4.5 speed, in that frame? Pittsburgh is going to need to upgrade their defense and Baltimore is shaking in their cleats... Trent Richardson changes everything about our offense and makes us relevant... as relevant as taking RG3 would have made us, maybe better because RG3's transition into the pros is still in question where as Trent is a lock to show up big his rookie year... Possibly even Rookie of the year status(over Luck, RG3 and Kalil, Claiborn and Blackmon) is certainly possible.
With the fourth pick of the 2012 NFL Draft, The Cleveland Browns select: Runningback Trent Richardson University of Alabama! Having the pick announced by Jim Brown would make this selection epic.
TR#3 or Bust!
I actually cheered during his proday when he snagged that high thrown ball, one handed on the sideline!


Shut. The. Fuck. Up. Already.
Shut. The. Fuck. Up. Already.
Seriously.
-
Having read this board for a while can anyone confirm who they think PoeticG would like the Browns to select with the number 4 pick ?

-
Orange County? Did you move?
Only 6 years ago... Its easier for skippy to keep saying San Diego so I just go with it.
-
Orange County? Did you move?
Only 6 years ago... Its easier for skippy to keep saying San Diego so I just go with it.
Only 6 years ago... Its easier for skippy to keep saying San Diego so I just go with it.
I dunno. It was kinda cool to say you are from San Diego. To say you are from Orange County sounds kinda douchey, don't it? I mean, even the swallows of Capistrano have abandoned the mission for a bridge underpass.
-
I just live here....if anyone asks me...I'm originally from Ohio. It wasn't my choice. Orange County people suck...
-
So, I'm a homo because a player made a great play?
...Oh yeah, I'm supposed to snap my fingers and blink really fast like you do, so as to not be a homo... is that it? Or maybe I should should blurt out "CHECKMATE" and borrow your pocket protector while fantasizing about your mother? If none of this makes any sense to you, join the club because that's exactly the way I feel everytime I read anything you say... I bet you abuse animals and wear ladies underwear as well...

-
Well, I think that we've all seen all that we need to see on Trent Richardson. Unbelieveable runningback with uncanny instincts coupled with power and speed. 4.4 - 4.5 speed, in that frame? Pittsburgh is going to need to upgrade their defense and Baltimore is shaking in their cleats... Trent Richardson changes everything about our offense and makes us relevant... as relevant as taking RG3 would have made us, maybe better because RG3's transition into the pros is still in question where as Trent is a lock to show up big his rookie year... Possibly even Rookie of the year status(over Luck, RG3 and Kalil, Claiborn and Blackmon) is certainly possible.
With the fourth pick of the 2012 NFL Draft, The Cleveland Browns select: Runningback Trent Richardson University of Alabama! Having the pick announced by Jim Brown would make this selection epic.
TR#3 or Bust!
I actually cheered during his proday when he snagged that high thrown ball, one handed on the sideline!


Shut. The. Fuck. Up. Already.
Shut. The. Fuck. Up. Already.
Do you have anything to add to this topic or just want to reinforce the notion that your a complete dumbass? You are in the TRENT RICHARDSON thread... why don't you ADD SOMETHING to the discussion or you can FUCK.OFF.ALREADY.OKAY.GOT.IT.BUB... yeah, it really does look just as dumb if I do it... your lame ass is annoying.
-
I was just out scouting around some of the Bucs message boards and I'm seeing a lot of the same things as what's going on around here. There seems to be a divide over there as well about whether or not to take Richardson or address other needs. It's funny it's the same but add in the facts that there is less name calling and more discussion going on over there on this topic. It's funny that when children get mad they intend to call names and cry about stuff, whereas grown men can usually act mature and hash things out with facts and opinions... tells a lot about peoples character, I'm sure your mom still likes you... somewhat...
Just to save you the trouble and hassel of writing a complete sentence(I know how hard it is for you), I will NOT be going over there and joining their board. I like it here. Being called homo or fag doesn't bother me. Being told to shut up with swear words doen't scare me either, I'm not your 4 year old daughter that you can bully around "big guy".
I'm here to talk about the Browns. Talk about the draft, specific players and positions, strategy, coaches, other teams strengths/weakness, fads, forums and junkies. Why would you come into a Thread about Richardson if you don't want to talk about Richardson? Seems like you have an agenda my friend.
So, you don't like Richardson or you just not enough to pick him at four?...
Wait, let me try this another way... So basically you like and have your own "man-crush" on another player, is that it?
Here, let me subjubate myself again to your level of reasoning... Does your "mancrush" have bigger muscles than my "mancrush"? Or better yet... "I bet you your lunch money that my "mancrush" could kick your mancrush's butt"!
I didn't know that in order to be impressed by a player's ability or potential that you had to want to cuddle up with them and play doctor. I'm sensing some deep seeded anger in you, something that's eating at you just beneath the surface... Let's see here, why don't we start off by having you tell us a little about your father, did he... "touch you"? Did he play any... "strange games" with you as a child? It's okay, nobody's gonna hurt you anymore...
-
I am truly torn on TR. The kid seems like a beast and the transition to the NFL should be relatively smooth.
My 2 concerns are...
The physical toll that is taken on a RB's body is greater then any other position which obviously increases the chance of injury. And it seems like every year rookie running backs drop like flies. Last year we saw Leshoure and Stphen Williams go down before the season started, and then Demarco Murry during the season ... the year before both Hardesty and Tate went down before the season and Jahvid best during the season ... you are getting the point. I would hate to see us grab a RB at 4 onlly to have hom go down during the pre season. Problem with that thinking is anyone could get hurt.
My second concern is it seems like you can get high quality running backs deeper in the draft. Aside from CJ and Peterson all the top running backs in the game were not first round picks.
The thing that does make me lean towards him though is if we pass on him and take Blackmmon I am going to be dissapointed as well. I don't think anyone who we can get at 4 gives us great value for the pick aside from Claiborne and Kahill. Kahill we obviously do not need, and if we take Claiborne we will most likely lose him or Haden after there rookie deals are up because keeping to high end corners will cost too much. I would really explore trading out of the pick if I was Heckert. It would be nice to end up at around 8 after making 2-3 trades to get there and picking up multiple teams second or third rounders in the process.
-
Just ask Cal, my choice at #4 has always been Richardson. He will do more to take pressure OFF the QB more than any other draftee. Here is some of what he brings...
http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/richardson_trent00.html
Mike
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login