Alex Smith For Qb?
-
No.
Next.
-
If the Titans get Manning does anyone see Holmgren wanting Hasselbeck, not saying I want him but does anyone envisage a move ?
-
If the Titans get Manning does anyone see Holmgren wanting Hasselbeck, not saying I want him but does anyone envisage a move ?
If the Titans get Manning does anyone see Holmgren wanting Hasselbeck, not saying I want him but does anyone envisage a move ?
KNR said in a news blurb the other day that Hasselbeck was an option and so was Kolb. However the Cards have paid Kolb his 7million so it looks like he is staying. Miami is working on Flynn right now. So it's either Hasselbeck, which might not be a bad idea to bring him in and help Colt out. But we shall see.
-
I would be happy if Hasslebeck accepted a back-up roll here and McCoy was able to develop.
-
No.
Next.
No.
Pretty much sums it up...
-
No.
Pretty much sums it up...
-
I rather have the TE try to be the QB

-
Hasselbeck creates a problem and an opportunity. If you're looking to develop a young quarterback, he's arguably the best guy in the league to have around. He's a pro's pro, very smart, and is a good teammate. He could accelerate McCoy's development substantially.
The problem? He's still in great shape physically, and there is absolutely no justification for playing McCoy if Hasselbeck's on the roster. So, while it may make McCoy a better QB, in the end it may put off your evaluation by a season or two. And, by that time, he'll need a new contract, and still have a pretty limited resume - and be 28 or 29 years old.
That said, if you're done with the Colt McCoy experiment, bring in Hasselbeck. You can get a solid season or two out of him, while you look for your QB in next year's draft. Oh, and you might actually win some games. There are a million worse options for the Browns.
-jj
-
Alex Smith? Hello no... to Flacco-esque
Matt Hasselbeck? I have faith that he could be good.
-
Alex Smith? Hello no... to Flacco-esque
Matt Hasselbeck? I have faith that he could be good.
Alex Smith? Hello no... to Flacco-esque
Matt Hasselbeck? I have faith that he could be good.
Flacco is an upgrade over what we got .... just saying ....
-
I'd sign Alex Smith for sure. He's visiting Miami so I see him going over there before signing with us and we still get stuck with Flynn.
-
I'd take him. He is a clear upgrade over McCoy IMO.
This front office is acting like we won 10 games last year.
-
I don't see Smith or Flynn as a significant upgrade over Colt. Smith had one good season. Flynn has had 2 great games. Colt had a few good games in 2010. None of them are elite. If we can get Smith or Flynn on the cheap to compete with Colt then go for it. If they want big money or a guarantee to start from day one then move on. If we're going to take a chance on an unproven or mediocre QB we might as well pick one up in the draft.
-
Alex Smith is nobody without a GREAT Coach. And well, we dont have one of those
-
Matt Flynn just signed with Seattle, 3 years 26 million.
Fixed it for ya- we have to be accurate- the Mods.

-
Matt Flynn just signed with Seattle, 3 years 26 million.
Fixed it for ya- we have to be accurate- the Mods.

Matt Flynn just signed with Seattle, 3 years 226 million.
That's quite a large contract for someone who has never started. HAHA, first ever 200+ million dollar contract.
-
Yep. $150 million guaranteed
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login