Skip to content

Same finish as usual for Sweater Vests Buckeyes. Nothing new at all.

The Browns Board
15 9 931
  • Its pretty obvious this is just an OSU hater trying to rile you all up...

  • Going to 2 of the last 3 title games is hardly an embarrasment.

    Bob Stoops has lost his last 5 BCS games, including a loss to Boise St.

    Masters said:

    Going to 2 of the last 3 title games is hardly an embarrasment.

    Bob Stoops has lost his last 5 BCS games, including a loss to Boise St.

    3 losses the last 3 BCS games

    You want to tell me Masters who were those top teams Ohio St defeated to get to the BCS games every year

    Ohio St plays one of the easiest schedules every year, with there schedule to get 9-10 wins they just need to show up.

    The biggest problem Ohio St has is that top recruits are going to start looking to go to other schools who play a more wide open system and Ohio St won't be getting those players

  • Anyone who lived through the John Cooper years can not POSSIBLY be anything but ecstatic at what Tressel has done for Ohio State. Yeah, he needs to work on some things, but I hope he stays in Columbus for another 40 years.

    Doug

  • you are happy getting killed by USC, LSU, FLA, TX?

    Make Urban Meyer an offer and get rid of choking sweatervest. He is a GOOD coach in DIV 1 AA, just stinks in DIV 1 A.

    Please Urban Meyer come to Ohio State

  • blah blah blah..... blah blah I am a secret Michigan rich rodriguez fan blah blah blah.... I am angry Pryor went to Ohio state blah blah My favorite team lost to Ohio state AGAIN blah blah blah....

    Yeah and ANN ARBOR IS STILL A WHORE!!!!!!

  • Jim reminds me of how Gruden coaches. Playing to kick field goals, keeping it close until the fourth and then win the game.Horrible play calling and really, horrible defense when it counted. Tressel got outcoahced bad. He lost the game. another big one lost.

    I don't get all the idol worship he gets. He did great at Youngstown, but can't win when it really counts.

    his bowl record shows when the level of competition increases he loses:

    Jan. 5, 2009 BCS Fiesta Bowl - Texas 24, Ohio St. 21 Embarrassing

    Jan. 7, 2008 BCS National Championship-LSU 38, Ohio St. 24 Embarrassing

    Jan. 8, 2007 BCS National Championship-Florida 41, Ohio St. 14 Embarrassing

    Jan. 2, 2006 Fiesta Bowl-Ohio St. 34, Notre Dame 20 Mediocre win

    Dec. 29, 2004 Alamo Bowl-Ohio St. 33, Oklahoma St. 7 Mediocre win

    Jan. 2, 2004 Fiesta Bowl-Ohio St. 35, Kansas St. 28 Ok win

    Jan. 3, 2003 Fiesta Bowl-Ohio St. 31, Miami 24, 2OT Lucky win with help

    Jan. 1, 2002 Outback Bowl-South Carolina 31, Ohio St. 28 Embarrassing

  • Masters said:

    Going to 2 of the last 3 title games is hardly an embarrasment.

    Bob Stoops has lost his last 5 BCS games, including a loss to Boise St.

    3 losses the last 3 BCS games

    You want to tell me Masters who were those top teams Ohio St defeated to get to the BCS games every year

    Ohio St plays one of the easiest schedules every year, with there schedule to get 9-10 wins they just need to show up.

    The biggest problem Ohio St has is that top recruits are going to start looking to go to other schools who play a more wide open system and Ohio St won't be getting those players

    @sony-reed said:

    3 losses the last 3 BCS games

    You want to tell me Masters who were those top teams Ohio St defeated to get to the BCS games every year

    Ohio St plays one of the easiest schedules every year, with there schedule to get 9-10 wins they just need to show up.

    The biggest problem Ohio St has is that top recruits are going to start looking to go to other schools who play a more wide open system and Ohio St won't be getting those players

    And Stoops has lost 5 straight BCS games. Do you think he should lose his job too?

    Did I say OSU defeated a bunch of top teams to get there? Is it really relivant? They got there didn't they? So according to the BCS formula, they play a tough enough schedule, even when they had one loss. It isn't OSU's fault the Big Ten is in a slump. I can point to any team in the SEC, Pac-10, or Big 12 and point out weak competition in schedules.

  • you are happy getting killed by USC, LSU, FLA, TX?

    Make Urban Meyer an offer and get rid of choking sweatervest. He is a GOOD coach in DIV 1 AA, just stinks in DIV 1 A.

    Please Urban Meyer come to Ohio State

    @romeotressel said:

    you are happy getting killed by USC, LSU, FLA, TX?

    Make Urban Meyer an offer and get rid of choking sweatervest. He is a GOOD coach in DIV 1 AA, just stinks in DIV 1 A.

    Please Urban Meyer come to Ohio State

    Since when is losing by 3 points in the final minute of the game getting killed by Texas 🙄

  • @romeotressel said:

    you are happy getting killed by USC, LSU, FLA, TX?

    Make Urban Meyer an offer and get rid of choking sweatervest. He is a GOOD coach in DIV 1 AA, just stinks in DIV 1 A.

    Please Urban Meyer come to Ohio State

    Since when is losing by 3 points in the final minute of the game getting killed by Texas 🙄

    Masters said:

    Since when is losing by 3 points in the final minute of the game getting killed by Texas 🙄

    I don't think you have a chance at intelligent conversation with the person that started this thread Masters. He couldn't hang with you. Besides, his agenda isn't to dicuss football - it's to be insulting to an entire fanbase. I only read the last post of this thread because I saw your name.

    Tressell has been consistent BUT I couldn't help calling out some of those that overrated Tressell's ability enough to tell us all for 5-7 straight years he should be the mind behind the Browns. I've never HATED the guy as accused but I think he's learned the painful difference between how to beat the Youngstown State competition and what it takes to beat teams outside of the Big 10. That doesn't slam dunk ready for the NFL to me; but, I think he could win about 4 more National Titles for Youngstown State.

    - Tom F.

  • Masters said:

    Since when is losing by 3 points in the final minute of the game getting killed by Texas 🙄

    I don't think you have a chance at intelligent conversation with the person that started this thread Masters. He couldn't hang with you. Besides, his agenda isn't to dicuss football - it's to be insulting to an entire fanbase. I only read the last post of this thread because I saw your name.

    Tressell has been consistent BUT I couldn't help calling out some of those that overrated Tressell's ability enough to tell us all for 5-7 straight years he should be the mind behind the Browns. I've never HATED the guy as accused but I think he's learned the painful difference between how to beat the Youngstown State competition and what it takes to beat teams outside of the Big 10. That doesn't slam dunk ready for the NFL to me; but, I think he could win about 4 more National Titles for Youngstown State.

    - Tom F.

    @flugel said:

    I don't think you have a chance at intelligent conversation with the person that started this thread Masters. He couldn't hang with you. Besides, his agenda isn't to dicuss football - it's to be insulting to an entire fanbase. I only read the last post of this thread because I saw your name.

    Tressell has been consistent BUT I couldn't help calling out some of those that overrated Tressell's ability enough to tell us all for 5-7 straight years he should be the mind behind the Browns. I've never HATED the guy as accused but I think he's learned the painful difference between how to beat the Youngstown State competition and what it takes to beat teams outside of the Big 10. That doesn't slam dunk ready for the NFL to me; but, I think he could win about 4 more National Titles for Youngstown State.

    - Tom F.

    Tom we 100% agree that Tressel is not and never will be an NFL coach. His game style does not fit it. On top of that, I believe Jimmy T when he has said he doesn't want to coach in the NFL as well.