YES!!!
-
I understand what you are saying and I agree, their needs to be a playoff, but you cant discount what Florida has done and you can not discount them being the champions, because this is how it is right now, this is the system and thats how it goes. Florida plays such a stronger schedule then the Utes, you can not compare the two, They beat Alabama but so did Florida, whats your point? You can not say well they beat them on this day and struggled but the other team beat them 3 weeks later and didnt struggle. Your comparisions are unfounded and dont make much sense. A playoff is the only answer, but ask Hawaii how they felt after their "undefeated" chance last year when they played a SEC Georgia team, the conference is much stronger and the best in the country, you can not compare those two teams and schedules
If you read what I wrote, I said to line up and let them play! How can you deny that Utah should at least have a shot. And I am a buckeye fan, so I am not even arguing this point as a homer. I simply beleive that if you run the table, you should get a chance to prove your worth!
If you read what I wrote, I said to line up and let them play! How can you deny that Utah should at least have a shot. And I am a buckeye fan, so I am not even arguing this point as a homer. I simply beleive that if you run the table, you should get a chance to prove your worth!
If you read my post you would know I agree, but thats not the system we are in, The Florida Gators are the champs. Read my post above
-
AdaM said:
Um... play stronger teams.... average more points.... play in a tougher conference.Here is what Utah did this season.
Sat, Aug 30 at Michigan W 25-23 --
Sat, Sep 6 UNLV W 42-21 --
Sat, Sep 13 at Utah State W 58-10 --
Sat, Sep 20 at Air Force W 30-23 --
Sat, Sep 27 Weber State W 37-21 --
Thu, Oct 2 Oregon State W 31-28 --
Sat, Oct 11 at Wyoming W 40-7 --
Sat, Oct 18 Colorado State W 49-16 --
Sat, Nov 1 at New Mexico W 13-10 --
Thu, Nov 6 (11) TCU W 13-10 --
Sat, Nov 15 at San Diego State W 63-14 --
Sat, Nov 22 (16) Brigham Young W 48-24 --
Postseason
Date Opponent Time/Result Audio
Fri, Jan 2 at (4) Alabama W 31-17 --
That schedule is not that easy. And they ran it! The point I'm making is that any team...regardless of strength of schedule...that runs the table, should get a shot! At least in a playoff scenario! How can you be so ignorant to disagree with that?! For that matter, how can the Sooners get a shot, but Texas does not? And Texas Tech essentially gets nothing? Do you really not believe a playoff would be the better way to go rather than writers' perceptions of who the best two teams in the country are?
Here is what Utah did this season.
Sat, Aug 30 at Michigan W 25-23 --
Sat, Sep 6 UNLV W 42-21 --
Sat, Sep 13 at Utah State W 58-10 --
Sat, Sep 20 at Air Force W 30-23 --
Sat, Sep 27 Weber State W 37-21 --
Thu, Oct 2 Oregon State W 31-28 --
Sat, Oct 11 at Wyoming W 40-7 --
Sat, Oct 18 Colorado State W 49-16 --
Sat, Nov 1 at New Mexico W 13-10 --
Thu, Nov 6 (11) TCU W 13-10 --
Sat, Nov 15 at San Diego State W 63-14 --
Sat, Nov 22 (16) Brigham Young W 48-24 --
Postseason
Date Opponent Time/Result Audio
Fri, Jan 2 at (4) Alabama W 31-17 --
That schedule is not that easy. And they ran it! The point I'm making is that any team...regardless of strength of schedule...that runs the table, should get a shot! At least in a playoff scenario! How can you be so ignorant to disagree with that?! For that matter, how can the Sooners get a shot, but Texas does not? And Texas Tech essentially gets nothing? Do you really not believe a playoff would be the better way to go rather than writers' perceptions of who the best two teams in the country are?
ok also look at the schedule and the points they won by, Michigan lets face it, not that good.....Air Force, just ok, and won by 7......Oregon State, I think a good team, won by 3.....TCU, pretty good team, won by 3..... The rest of their schedule isnt that tough at all, not compared to a top notch divisions weekly schedules
-
they deserve the NC.... I hate them almost as much as Michigan for obvious reasons....
I would like to have seen USC play Florida because I thought they were the two best teams this year. That takes a lot for me to admit considering USC and Florida spanking my bucks but its true.
-
I'm for cutting out the conference championship games, having top 16 teams in the country play with top 4 teams getting bye's , the week after OSU plays mich...playoff through first 2 weeks in DECEMBER.. then have finals/top4...play in the BOWL's i.e Rose, fiesta and orange! More viewers than the bizzilion bowl games, hence more revenue from TV...then split the money up in tiers. the two teams left play in final!
-
Enjoy your BCS National Championship. It is still the most untrue "Championship" in all of sports! Until they go with some sort of playoff or give the undefeateds the credit they are due, we will never have a true champion in that sport. I am not a Utah fan. But they deserve that National Championship a hell of a lot more than those Gators! And you can't really even argue that! Your Gators struggled against the very same Alabama team that got their butts handed to them by the Utes! I say line up and let the only undefeated team in the country get the shot they deserve! In fact, there were 2 undefeateds going into the bowls and neither of them got a shot at the championship? That makes absolutely no sense!!! What else do they have to do?!
Um... play stronger teams.... average more points.... play in a tougher conference.
AdaM said:
Um... play stronger teams.... average more points.... play in a tougher conference.But how are they supposed to do that when bigger schools won't play them and they can't schedule any tough teams?
The BCS is the biggest joke in sports. The fact that every year undefeated teams don't even get to sniff the title through no fault of their own is a mockery.
I'm for cutting out the conference championship games, having top 16 teams in the country play with top 4 teams getting bye's , the week after OSU plays mich...playoff through first 2 weeks in DECEMBER.. then have finals/top4...play in the BOWL's i.e Rose, fiesta and orange! More viewers than the bizzilion bowl games, hence more revenue from TV...then split the money up in tiers. the two teams left play in final!
Hell, they don't even have to eliminate the countless money-grubbing bowl games, just make them for things like the division championships. Finally the papajohns.com bowl would be important if it decided the Mountain West champ.
Their public reason for not wanting a playoff is that the kids would miss too much school time...except they don't seem to have that problem when basketball season rolls around.
-
Question for Gator fans -
Why doesn't Emmit Smith ever show up or hang on the sidleine during these big games ?
You'd think it'd be a heck of an inspiration and support from an Alumni with such a prestigious career.
Last night Chris Leak was on the sideline.
-
Question for Gator fans -
Why doesn't Emmit Smith ever show up or hang on the sidleine during these big games ?
You'd think it'd be a heck of an inspiration and support from an Alumni with such a prestigious career.
Last night Chris Leak was on the sideline.
Question for Gator fans -
Why doesn't Emmit Smith ever show up or hang on the sidleine during these big games ?
You'd think it'd be a heck of an inspiration and support from an Alumni with such a prestigious career.
Last night Chris Leak was on the sideline.
They're probably embarrassed he went there...
-
WOW, I'll shut up.
That's bad.
... or should I say, 'dat be the badnest never'.
-
I wish Urban Meyer could give Jim Tressel some tips about winning and not being embarrassed on national TV.
Man I wish Urban Meyer was the coach at OSU!!!
Tresell stinks up the joint.
-
tressel is a great recruiter and a great coach..... Offensive coordinator well he's not so strong. We have at least been to 3 national championships and won one in the last 8 years and done pretty good in the fiesta bowl 3-1 (almost beat texas!!!) plus a heisman.
I am a bit envious over mr meyer who was an assistant with us, bowling green and then what he did with Utah and now finally Florida he is definately right up there with Pete Carroll. Those two are my number one and two with stoops and tressel right behind them.
-
@inspecta said:
Ahhh last night was great wasn't it Peen?I forget, we had this conversation a long time ago, but what's your connection to Gainsville?
I graduated from UF.....been a proud member of the Gator Nation for a long time.
I had a girlfriend who lived in Newberry..and lived off campus 6-7 miles out Newberry Hwy.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login