Skip to content

The end all be all thread regarding quinns arm strength...

The Browns Board
83 38 5.8k
  • I must now resurrect this thread once again due to people arguing Quinn and armstrength and ability to stretch the field, and Derek Anderson, and cutler, and all that jazz. I encourage all people who have not read my long report on this issue to do so, first post.

    BQ has an arm AND a brain, AND accuracy.. yes... it can happen. We are not trading Quinn and Rogers for cutler... dont get me wrong, Cutler is a great QB, but as this thread shows, Quinn has so much potential

  • @shepwrite said:

    Honestly, Lum, I think Anderson could go 75.

    possible. Here's some other numbers from a different competition.

    Byron Leftwich 73 yds

    Carson Palmer 72 yds

    75 yards would be extreme top end.

    Few QBs can hit 60. The winning throw from a high school competition in California was 61 yards.

    @lumbergh said:

    Byron Leftwich 73 yds

    so backup QB's have good arm strength.

    that's cool. 🙂

  • here...let me bump my own thread to bitch more about other peoples opinions....

    lame.

  • would you rather I have started a new thread? I bumped it due to the Quinn trade talk and I thought that it could produce some insight.

    Sorry if it offended you dude.

    Next time Ill just quote it in other posts, my fault.

    Anyway...

    My point is, Quinn can do anything that Cutler/ DA can. Mangini has no reason to shop our former first rounder who hasnt gotten his shot yet. Its unethical.

  • would you rather I have started a new thread? I bumped it due to the Quinn trade talk and I thought that it could produce some insight.

    Sorry if it offended you dude.

    Next time Ill just quote it in other posts, my fault.

    Anyway...

    My point is, Quinn can do anything that Cutler/ DA can. Mangini has no reason to shop our former first rounder who hasnt gotten his shot yet. Its unethical.

    @playgroundlegend said:

    would you rather I have started a new thread? I bumped it due to the Quinn trade talk and I thought that it could produce some insight.

    Sorry if it offended you dude.

    Next time Ill just quote it in other posts, my fault.

    Anyway...

    My point is, Quinn can do anything that Cutler/ DA can. Mangini has no reason to shop our former first rounder who hasnt gotten his shot yet. Its unethical.

    BQ can do anything any top notch qb can do at least at the college level and the 3 games he started last season shows he has the poise and leadership qualities and given the chance ,a real quality group of hands WR and an offensive coordinator that has faith in him and a real gameplan BQ will burn the nfl up..

    To be fair DA could be something special as well under the same circumstances with good coaching and a well established ruleset to quill his desire to screw up..😉

    I prefer DA or BQ over cutler he is a crybaby and a hothead he has less then desirable leadership qualites and he has far better WRs then BQ and DA had last year our problem isnt qbs its coaching,playcalling and WRs..and he looks like a hobbit...lol i had to throw that in..😉

  • After watching the video, it appears Brady threw at least 6 passes in college that went 45 yards in the air. I counted 1 that went 52-55 yards for sure, depending on the angles, 1or 2 others may have made that distance.

  • Is arm strength really the issue with Quinn? From what I remember, accuracy was a much bigger concern when he was coming out of college.

  • Is arm strength really the issue with Quinn? From what I remember, accuracy was a much bigger concern when he was coming out of college.

    Aloysius said:

    Is arm strength really the issue with Quinn? From what I remember, accuracy was a much bigger concern when he was coming out of college.

    I remember something about him throwing 2-4 WTF passes a game. Just suddenly threw a pass to nowhere.

    Otherwise he was pretty accurate and has a decent NFL arm.

  • Is arm strength really the issue with Quinn? From what I remember, accuracy was a much bigger concern when he was coming out of college.

    Aloysius said:

    Is arm strength really the issue with Quinn? From what I remember, accuracy was a much bigger concern when he was coming out of college.

    You recall correctly, Alo. Nobody who has ever watched football has ever bashed Quinn's arm. Merril Hoge and co. believed he fell in the draft/Browns overpaid because of his perceived accuracy issues. I recall this being beaten into the groud on the radio and on SportsCenter. This whole Quinn-has-no-arm-strength phenomenon, on the other hand, started this season when Lumbergh/gimp/whoever, needing something to bash Quinn on, used Chud/Romeo's "dink and dunk" gameplan as a rip on Quinn.

    It was stupid then and it is still stupid now.

  • Arm strength isn't needed by Mr. Dink-n-Dunk.............Whoops, sorry. I'll be more politically correct...............Mr. Check Down

  • can someone inform me how to post a link

  • can someone inform me how to post a link

    nmills said:

    can someone inform me how to post a link

    just copy and paste the URL of the site

    Or when you're replying to a post hit the button to the right of the smiley face selector box.

  • can someone inform me how to post a link

    nmills said:

    can someone inform me how to post a link

    Just R mouse click in the address bar and copy and paste.

    If you want your own language, then:

    [url(equals sign)PasteLinkHere]PutLanguageYouWantToShowUpHere[/url].

  • Arm strength isn't needed by Mr. Dink-n-Dunk.............Whoops, sorry. I'll be more politically correct...............Mr. Check Down

    @d-bone said:

    Arm strength isn't needed by Mr. Dink-n-Dunk.............Whoops, sorry. I'll be more politically correct...............Mr. Check Down

    I love how these idiots who have never watched football now believe checking down is a bad thing.

  • Arm strength isn't needed by Mr. Dink-n-Dunk.............Whoops, sorry. I'll be more politically correct...............Mr. Check Down

    @d-bone said:

    Arm strength isn't needed by Mr. Dink-n-Dunk.............Whoops, sorry. I'll be more politically correct...............Mr. Check Down

    A new Oregon Trailer? Did Lumbag & gmp get typhoid, or killed by Indians?

  • Aloysius said:

    Is arm strength really the issue with Quinn? From what I remember, accuracy was a much bigger concern when he was coming out of college.

    You recall correctly, Alo. Nobody who has ever watched football has ever bashed Quinn's arm. Merril Hoge and co. believed he fell in the draft/Browns overpaid because of his perceived accuracy issues. I recall this being beaten into the groud on the radio and on SportsCenter. This whole Quinn-has-no-arm-strength phenomenon, on the other hand, started this season when Lumbergh/gimp/whoever, needing something to bash Quinn on, used Chud/Romeo's "dink and dunk" gameplan as a rip on Quinn.

    It was stupid then and it is still stupid now.

    mz. said:

    You recall correctly, Alo. Nobody who has ever watched football has ever bashed Quinn's arm. Merril Hoge and co. believed he fell in the draft/Browns overpaid because of his perceived accuracy issues. I recall this being beaten into the groud on the radio and on SportsCenter. This whole Quinn-has-no-arm-strength phenomenon, on the other hand, started this season when Lumbergh/gimp/whoever, needing something to bash Quinn on, used Chud/Romeo's "dink and dunk" gameplan as a rip on Quinn.

    It was stupid then and it is still stupid now.

    About as stupid as people believing Quinn and Rogers rumor to Denver. People see some dumb post and run with it like it was the holy truth.

  • 1.First off I would like to request that before responding to this post you watch this video...

    2. Secondly I would like you to take a visit to this url, it is Brady Quinns Scout.com profile from college:

    http://car.scout.com/a.z?s=123&p=8&amp...amp;nid=2477577

    3. Thirdly read this quote from a quinn interview:

    "Ken(Seattle): Brady since the season has ended there have been many questions regarding arm strength and if you can throw the long ball. What would you say to your critics?

    Brady Quinn: That's the first time I've ever heard anything regarding my arm strength. I've never had any problems throwing the ball down the field."

    4. Read this article, it may not say the best things about Quinn, but it does say he has a solid arm

    http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/VIPIMP/Brady_Quinn/4086

    5. John Murphy Yahoo Sports "Quinn overcame questions about his accuracy, pure arm strength and pocket presence a year ago to post one of the best seasons of any quarterback in Notre Dame history. He jumps right back into the fire this Saturday in the Irish's home opener against Penn State, a team that features three of the best linebackers in college football. "

    6. In this video you can see Quinn toss two 50 yarders with ease

    http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/uncategorize...ady-quinn-38251

    I hope this finally shuts the haters up. The Browns kept Quinns throws short because they're testing him out, and then let him work his way up to the bombs. I was at the houston game when he threw the pretty 40 yarder to Braylon, and you can see littered throughout his highlight video at the top that he can make ALL the throws, and accurately. Alot of people are treating him like he cant throw a ball past the 35 yard mark when it is well known that he tops out in the mid 70's. Its B.S. that he is getting the shaft when it comes to talks about his arm because he is consistently compared to the likes of J Russel and Derek Anderson, those guys dont have good arms, they have rocket launchers. Quinns arm is just as good as Tom Brady's and Peyton Mannings. I hope this threat has changed the mind of those who question the distance that quinn can go.

    3441454122-cleveland-browns-quarterback-brady-quinn-fires-11-yard-pass-maurice.JPG

    @playgroundlegend said:

    1.First off I would like to request that before responding to this post you watch this video...

    2. Secondly I would like you to take a visit to this url, it is Brady Quinns Scout.com profile from college:

    http://car.scout.com/a.z?s=123&p=8&amp...amp;nid=2477577

    3. Thirdly read this quote from a quinn interview:

    "

    Ken(Seattle): Brady since the season has ended there have been many questions regarding arm strength and if you can throw the long ball. What would you say to your critics?

    Brady Quinn: That's the first time I've ever heard anything regarding my arm strength. I've never had any problems throwing the ball down the field."

    4. Read this article, it may not say the best things about Quinn, but it does say he has a solid arm

    http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/VIPIMP/Brady_Quinn/4086

    5. John Murphy Yahoo Sports "Quinn overcame questions about his accuracy, pure arm strength and pocket presence a year ago to post one of the best seasons of any quarterback in Notre Dame history. He jumps right back into the fire this Saturday in the Irish's home opener against Penn State, a team that features three of the best linebackers in college football. "

    6. In this video you can see Quinn toss two 50 yarders with ease

    http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/uncategorize...ady-quinn-38251

    I hope this finally shuts the haters up. The Browns kept Quinns throws short because they're testing him out, and then let him work his way up to the bombs. I was at the houston game when he threw the pretty 40 yarder to Braylon, and you can see littered throughout his highlight video at the top that he can make ALL the throws, and accurately. Alot of people are treating him like he cant throw a ball past the 35 yard mark when it is well known that he tops out in the mid 70's. Its B.S. that he is getting the shaft when it comes to talks about his arm because he is consistently compared to the likes of J Russel and Derek Anderson, those guys dont have good arms, they have rocket launchers. Quinns arm is just as good as Tom Brady's and Peyton Mannings. I hope this threat has changed the mind of those who question the distance that quinn can go.

    3441454122-cleveland-browns-quarterback-brady-quinn-fires-11-yard-pass-maurice.JPG

    dejavu all over crap same crap was said over and over about Couch....................MAKE IT HAPPEN quinnye boy...........YEAH

  • @d-bone said:

    Arm strength isn't needed by Mr. Dink-n-Dunk.............Whoops, sorry. I'll be more politically correct...............Mr. Check Down

    I love how these idiots who have never watched football now believe checking down is a bad thing.

    mz. said:

    I love how these idiots who have never watched football now believe checking down is a bad thing.

    Yep, that's me. Never watched, much less played football. 🙄 Having played the position at the JC level, (laugh if you want) I know how hard it is to break certain tendencies, and always going to your check down when your primary receiver looses his battle, is a hard tendency to eliminate..................But what do I know.

    Make sure you lace 'em up tight when you "watch" football!! 😆

  • Rich, before you say Quinn couldn't win the big games in college, same things were said about Peyton, Tom Brady, and Brees (arm, accuracy, and couldn't win the big one). Suffice to say, those guys did alright. Will Quinn be equal to any of them? Don't know, but won't know until the kid plays. He has all the tools, the smarts, and supposedly the work ethic to be that good. But only Quinn controls whether he'll pull all of those together to be good, really good, or great.