Skip to content

The end all be all thread regarding quinns arm strength...

The Browns Board
83 38 5.8k
  • Is arm strength really the issue with Quinn? From what I remember, accuracy was a much bigger concern when he was coming out of college.

  • Is arm strength really the issue with Quinn? From what I remember, accuracy was a much bigger concern when he was coming out of college.

    Aloysius said:

    Is arm strength really the issue with Quinn? From what I remember, accuracy was a much bigger concern when he was coming out of college.

    I remember something about him throwing 2-4 WTF passes a game. Just suddenly threw a pass to nowhere.

    Otherwise he was pretty accurate and has a decent NFL arm.

  • Is arm strength really the issue with Quinn? From what I remember, accuracy was a much bigger concern when he was coming out of college.

    Aloysius said:

    Is arm strength really the issue with Quinn? From what I remember, accuracy was a much bigger concern when he was coming out of college.

    You recall correctly, Alo. Nobody who has ever watched football has ever bashed Quinn's arm. Merril Hoge and co. believed he fell in the draft/Browns overpaid because of his perceived accuracy issues. I recall this being beaten into the groud on the radio and on SportsCenter. This whole Quinn-has-no-arm-strength phenomenon, on the other hand, started this season when Lumbergh/gimp/whoever, needing something to bash Quinn on, used Chud/Romeo's "dink and dunk" gameplan as a rip on Quinn.

    It was stupid then and it is still stupid now.

  • Arm strength isn't needed by Mr. Dink-n-Dunk.............Whoops, sorry. I'll be more politically correct...............Mr. Check Down

  • can someone inform me how to post a link

  • can someone inform me how to post a link

    nmills said:

    can someone inform me how to post a link

    just copy and paste the URL of the site

    Or when you're replying to a post hit the button to the right of the smiley face selector box.

  • can someone inform me how to post a link

    nmills said:

    can someone inform me how to post a link

    Just R mouse click in the address bar and copy and paste.

    If you want your own language, then:

    [url(equals sign)PasteLinkHere]PutLanguageYouWantToShowUpHere[/url].

  • Arm strength isn't needed by Mr. Dink-n-Dunk.............Whoops, sorry. I'll be more politically correct...............Mr. Check Down

    @d-bone said:

    Arm strength isn't needed by Mr. Dink-n-Dunk.............Whoops, sorry. I'll be more politically correct...............Mr. Check Down

    I love how these idiots who have never watched football now believe checking down is a bad thing.

  • Arm strength isn't needed by Mr. Dink-n-Dunk.............Whoops, sorry. I'll be more politically correct...............Mr. Check Down

    @d-bone said:

    Arm strength isn't needed by Mr. Dink-n-Dunk.............Whoops, sorry. I'll be more politically correct...............Mr. Check Down

    A new Oregon Trailer? Did Lumbag & gmp get typhoid, or killed by Indians?

  • Aloysius said:

    Is arm strength really the issue with Quinn? From what I remember, accuracy was a much bigger concern when he was coming out of college.

    You recall correctly, Alo. Nobody who has ever watched football has ever bashed Quinn's arm. Merril Hoge and co. believed he fell in the draft/Browns overpaid because of his perceived accuracy issues. I recall this being beaten into the groud on the radio and on SportsCenter. This whole Quinn-has-no-arm-strength phenomenon, on the other hand, started this season when Lumbergh/gimp/whoever, needing something to bash Quinn on, used Chud/Romeo's "dink and dunk" gameplan as a rip on Quinn.

    It was stupid then and it is still stupid now.

    mz. said:

    You recall correctly, Alo. Nobody who has ever watched football has ever bashed Quinn's arm. Merril Hoge and co. believed he fell in the draft/Browns overpaid because of his perceived accuracy issues. I recall this being beaten into the groud on the radio and on SportsCenter. This whole Quinn-has-no-arm-strength phenomenon, on the other hand, started this season when Lumbergh/gimp/whoever, needing something to bash Quinn on, used Chud/Romeo's "dink and dunk" gameplan as a rip on Quinn.

    It was stupid then and it is still stupid now.

    About as stupid as people believing Quinn and Rogers rumor to Denver. People see some dumb post and run with it like it was the holy truth.

  • 1.First off I would like to request that before responding to this post you watch this video...

    2. Secondly I would like you to take a visit to this url, it is Brady Quinns Scout.com profile from college:

    http://car.scout.com/a.z?s=123&p=8&amp...amp;nid=2477577

    3. Thirdly read this quote from a quinn interview:

    "Ken(Seattle): Brady since the season has ended there have been many questions regarding arm strength and if you can throw the long ball. What would you say to your critics?

    Brady Quinn: That's the first time I've ever heard anything regarding my arm strength. I've never had any problems throwing the ball down the field."

    4. Read this article, it may not say the best things about Quinn, but it does say he has a solid arm

    http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/VIPIMP/Brady_Quinn/4086

    5. John Murphy Yahoo Sports "Quinn overcame questions about his accuracy, pure arm strength and pocket presence a year ago to post one of the best seasons of any quarterback in Notre Dame history. He jumps right back into the fire this Saturday in the Irish's home opener against Penn State, a team that features three of the best linebackers in college football. "

    6. In this video you can see Quinn toss two 50 yarders with ease

    http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/uncategorize...ady-quinn-38251

    I hope this finally shuts the haters up. The Browns kept Quinns throws short because they're testing him out, and then let him work his way up to the bombs. I was at the houston game when he threw the pretty 40 yarder to Braylon, and you can see littered throughout his highlight video at the top that he can make ALL the throws, and accurately. Alot of people are treating him like he cant throw a ball past the 35 yard mark when it is well known that he tops out in the mid 70's. Its B.S. that he is getting the shaft when it comes to talks about his arm because he is consistently compared to the likes of J Russel and Derek Anderson, those guys dont have good arms, they have rocket launchers. Quinns arm is just as good as Tom Brady's and Peyton Mannings. I hope this threat has changed the mind of those who question the distance that quinn can go.

    3441454122-cleveland-browns-quarterback-brady-quinn-fires-11-yard-pass-maurice.JPG

    @playgroundlegend said:

    1.First off I would like to request that before responding to this post you watch this video...

    2. Secondly I would like you to take a visit to this url, it is Brady Quinns Scout.com profile from college:

    http://car.scout.com/a.z?s=123&p=8&amp...amp;nid=2477577

    3. Thirdly read this quote from a quinn interview:

    "

    Ken(Seattle): Brady since the season has ended there have been many questions regarding arm strength and if you can throw the long ball. What would you say to your critics?

    Brady Quinn: That's the first time I've ever heard anything regarding my arm strength. I've never had any problems throwing the ball down the field."

    4. Read this article, it may not say the best things about Quinn, but it does say he has a solid arm

    http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/VIPIMP/Brady_Quinn/4086

    5. John Murphy Yahoo Sports "Quinn overcame questions about his accuracy, pure arm strength and pocket presence a year ago to post one of the best seasons of any quarterback in Notre Dame history. He jumps right back into the fire this Saturday in the Irish's home opener against Penn State, a team that features three of the best linebackers in college football. "

    6. In this video you can see Quinn toss two 50 yarders with ease

    http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/uncategorize...ady-quinn-38251

    I hope this finally shuts the haters up. The Browns kept Quinns throws short because they're testing him out, and then let him work his way up to the bombs. I was at the houston game when he threw the pretty 40 yarder to Braylon, and you can see littered throughout his highlight video at the top that he can make ALL the throws, and accurately. Alot of people are treating him like he cant throw a ball past the 35 yard mark when it is well known that he tops out in the mid 70's. Its B.S. that he is getting the shaft when it comes to talks about his arm because he is consistently compared to the likes of J Russel and Derek Anderson, those guys dont have good arms, they have rocket launchers. Quinns arm is just as good as Tom Brady's and Peyton Mannings. I hope this threat has changed the mind of those who question the distance that quinn can go.

    3441454122-cleveland-browns-quarterback-brady-quinn-fires-11-yard-pass-maurice.JPG

    dejavu all over crap same crap was said over and over about Couch....................MAKE IT HAPPEN quinnye boy...........YEAH

  • @d-bone said:

    Arm strength isn't needed by Mr. Dink-n-Dunk.............Whoops, sorry. I'll be more politically correct...............Mr. Check Down

    I love how these idiots who have never watched football now believe checking down is a bad thing.

    mz. said:

    I love how these idiots who have never watched football now believe checking down is a bad thing.

    Yep, that's me. Never watched, much less played football. 🙄 Having played the position at the JC level, (laugh if you want) I know how hard it is to break certain tendencies, and always going to your check down when your primary receiver looses his battle, is a hard tendency to eliminate..................But what do I know.

    Make sure you lace 'em up tight when you "watch" football!! 😆

  • Rich, before you say Quinn couldn't win the big games in college, same things were said about Peyton, Tom Brady, and Brees (arm, accuracy, and couldn't win the big one). Suffice to say, those guys did alright. Will Quinn be equal to any of them? Don't know, but won't know until the kid plays. He has all the tools, the smarts, and supposedly the work ethic to be that good. But only Quinn controls whether he'll pull all of those together to be good, really good, or great.

  • mz. said:

    I love how these idiots who have never watched football now believe checking down is a bad thing.

    Yep, that's me. Never watched, much less played football. 🙄 Having played the position at the JC level, (laugh if you want) I know how hard it is to break certain tendencies, and always going to your check down when your primary receiver looses his battle, is a hard tendency to eliminate..................But what do I know.

    Make sure you lace 'em up tight when you "watch" football!! 😆

    @d-bone said:

    Having played the position at the JC level, (laugh if you want) I know how hard it is to break certain tendencies, and always going to your check down when your primary receiver looses his battle, is a hard tendency to eliminate..................But what do I know.

    When your primary receiver is covered, throw it anyway. Clearly, a proven recipe for success. 😒

  • mz. said:

    I love how these idiots who have never watched football now believe checking down is a bad thing.

    Yep, that's me. Never watched, much less played football. 🙄 Having played the position at the JC level, (laugh if you want) I know how hard it is to break certain tendencies, and always going to your check down when your primary receiver looses his battle, is a hard tendency to eliminate..................But what do I know.

    Make sure you lace 'em up tight when you "watch" football!! 😆

    @d-bone said:

    Yep, that's me. Never watched, much less played football. 🙄 Having played the position at the JC level, (laugh if you want) I know how hard it is to break certain tendencies, and always going to your check down when your primary receiver looses his battle, is a hard tendency to eliminate..................But what do I know.

    Make sure you lace 'em up tight when you "watch" football!! 😆

    Why don't you enlighten us on some of DA's "tendencies" that you've observed and proceed to blather on about how much of a detriment to his game they are and how hard those tendencies will be for him to break?

    Nevermind, I forgot that with certain posters on here we're back in the '80s playing The Oregon Trail on an Apple IIc.

    It really is too bad that that game doesn't seem quite so great as it once did..... scratch-head03-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000416-design.gif

  • Yep, that's me. Never watched, much less played football. Having played the position at the JC level, (laugh if you want) I know how hard it is to break certain tendencies, and always going to your check down when your primary receiver looses his battle, is a hard tendency to eliminate..................But what do I know.

    Make sure you lace 'em up tight when you "watch" football!!

    Sorta like the tendency to try and thread the needle when a receiver isn't really open that leads to wtf INT's?

    Yeah, I'll take the "tendency" that plays to smarter football: "Receiver's not open, go to my next stop on the progression".

  • I am definately a BQ or any draftee skeptic until they prove it on a NFL field. I dont think BQ has overall arm stregth problems in any way. I question if he can throw the 20-35 yard accurate dart with NFL level coverage.

    Than again he has not had enough games for any of us to know one way or the other. Lum let it go IF he is the starter and he definatley goes into training camps with at least a 10% lead he will earn the job and have to prove his value on the field.

    Honestly DA makes me want to vomit at times and others I just shake my head at the throws he does make.... If Bq is better that is only good for us as a franchise if not well then we still (at this point) have DA to put in.

    I am more worried about the draft and the holes we have on defense along with our wide reciever issues than the qb position. That is actually something we seem to have depth in right now and I am happy with that.

  • I dont think BQ has overall arm stregth problems in any way. I question if he can throw the 20-35 yard accurate dart with NFL level coverage.

    Contradictory statements methinks.

    A 35 yard pass (assuming you mean from the LoS) has to travel, what close to 45 yards on mid to deep drop? How many guys throw a 45 yard "dart"? That pass is DA's real strength. Threw some truly unreal balls in that range.

    That said, Drew Brees doesn't scare anybody on that pass. For that matter, neither does Manning or Brady.

    You did sum it up, however, with this statement:

    I am definately a BQ or any draftee skeptic until they prove it on a NFL field.

    Where we differ is that I believe DA has demonstrated enough doubt at this stage to warrant a complete look at Quinn. Just too much risk in betting that DA will suddenly mature out of his decision making problems and also magically develop a deft touch on shorter passes.

  • Who cares how far any QB can throw a football. The only time that matters is with a hail Mary.

    How far can Drew Brees throw a football? Or Joe Montana?

    I want a guy who can play the game. You know, a boxer not a puncher.

    @greythan said:

    Who cares how far any QB can throw a football. The only time that matters is with a hail Mary.

    How far can Drew Brees throw a football? Or Joe Montana?

    I want a guy who can play the game. You know, a boxer not a puncher.

    Right- once you get past a certain point, so what. If arm strength were all that mattered, JaMarkus Russell should be one of the greatest ever. Jeff George had a cannon- where'd it get him. Way back in 1999 when we were discussing what qb to take one of the Central Florida alums swore he saw Daunte Culpepper toss a football 90 yards in practice.