Skip to content

The end all be all thread regarding quinns arm strength...

The Browns Board
83 38 5.8k
  • Zombo said:

    I'm talking about making plays, not avoiding Interceptions.

    Anderson threw for 29 TDs in 2007 and a lot of it was beating the defender.

    No one denies his other faults and inconsistency in his young career so far ... but if you don't think that big arm can make a difference on games days ... and to the coaching staff ... you're fooling yourselves.

    Zombo

    I like a strong arm too. However, arm strength is just one of the many variables in the good QB's equation for success.

  • I am leaning to the neither is the answer camp. Though I will say that if you put DA in the conditions you mentioned flug then I do think he will be successful. Since BQ seems to mirror DA I would have to say in the right situation he probably would be successful also. But I am leaning to the Move DA asap camp, let BQ have the year and then draft a real QB next year and let him play behind BQ for a year. then trade BQ. The only QB that seems to be playing like he wants the job is Ratliff.

    @cmac12 said:

    I am leaning to the neither is the answer camp. Though I will say that if you put DA in the conditions you mentioned flug then I do think he will be successful. Since BQ seems to mirror DA I would have to say in the right situation he probably would be successful also. But I am leaning to the Move DA asap camp, let BQ have the year and then draft a real QB next year and let him play behind BQ for a year. then trade BQ. The only QB that seems to be playing like he wants the job is Ratliff.

    Thanks for the reply CMAC. I'd just like to see what we have in Quinn since we gave up alot to get him. I was surprised Minnesota didn't even consider DA. Then he would have had an elite defense, elite running game, dry football, no wind, no cold and NO 1st round alternative the fans are wondering about. Childress brought an offense where the QB has to read through progressions so I'm sure he looked at DA on film. DA's BEST throws are timing patterns where he's not asked to think or speed read. In 07 when he had time for the 5 step drops he was hitting the post patterns and flag patterns off the plant. The blitz took away the 5 step drops and he was forced to speed read. That was the difference between Cincy I and 4 INTS at Cincy.

    In 2008, the Atlanta Falcons did exactly what we did on the previous draft day. QB & LT in round 1 and added a free agent RB with something to prove. They were in the same place we were the year we drafted Quinn. The difference was they believed in what they did and were willing to endure growing pains if need be. I've never understood why we would draft a young QB the way we did ONLY to start another young QB nobody was interested in. You have to admit - when he became available this offseason, teams needing QBs either said "we'll just draft one" or we'll sign other guys.

    I'm delighted to hear Ratliff is impressing people. That's great news for us.

    - Tom F.

  • post-399-1249992939.gif

    How many different ways is it possible to persecute yourselves on this topic?

    It's Quinns destiny to play for the Browns

    Now sit back and enjoy!!

    post-399-1249993075_thumb.png