Calfox's Less Stupid Browns Mock Draft
-
I have no complaints. That is rare. Blackmon instead of Richardson is my only preference but if we draft T Rich I am not gonna bitch about it.
-
I like the sound of that...very well thought out
-
First general comment... you are reaching.
Not the way I'd go, but Richardson is fine. However, I feel we can trade down and still get him.
Hill (WR) at 22 is a reach. He is just as likely to be there at 37. Not one I would go with even then, too "trackish" for my tastes.
Any QB at 37 when you open by saying we are going to get our QB of the future in 2013 makes no sense, let alone Weedon, a 29-yo QB. Any GM that takes Weedon before round 5 ought to be fired on the spot... so consider yourself fired.
Not feeling Wagner (OLB) as a 2nd Rnd alternative to Weedon at all. Ref's I'm seeing have him at 6'0" and running 4.69.
Mosely (OT) is a good prospect, but no way is he ready to step in and start in 2012.
Brooks (OG) is a great choice. That's why he was in my mock...

Agreement is a good place to stop... kudos for the effort...
-
I like the picks and would have no problem if this is how it turned out. Maybe a reach for Weeden but that the only one that sticks out but other than that it's great.
-
First general comment... you are reaching.
Not the way I'd go, but Richardson is fine. However, I feel we can trade down and still get him.
Hill (WR) at 22 is a reach. He is just as likely to be there at 37. Not one I would go with even then, too "trackish" for my tastes.
Any QB at 37 when you open by saying we are going to get our QB of the future in 2013 makes no sense, let alone Weedon, a 29-yo QB. Any GM that takes Weedon before round 5 ought to be fired on the spot... so consider yourself fired.
Not feeling Wagner (OLB) as a 2nd Rnd alternative to Weedon at all. Ref's I'm seeing have him at 6'0" and running 4.69.
Mosely (OT) is a good prospect, but no way is he ready to step in and start in 2012.
Brooks (OG) is a great choice. That's why he was in my mock...

Agreement is a good place to stop... kudos for the effort...
First general comment... you are reaching.
Not the way I'd go, but Richardson is fine. However, I feel we can trade down and still get him.
Hill (WR) at 22 is a reach. He is just as likely to be there at 37. Not one I would go with even then, too "trackish" for my tastes.
Any QB at 37 when you open by saying we are going to get our QB of the future in 2013 makes no sense, let alone Weedon, a 29-yo QB. Any GM that takes Weedon before round 5 ought to be fired on the spot... so consider yourself fired.
Not feeling Wagner (OLB) as a 2nd Rnd alternative to Weedon at all. Ref's I'm seeing have him at 6'0" and running 4.69.
Mosely (OT) is a good prospect, but no way is he ready to step in and start in 2012.
Brooks (OG) is a great choice. That's why he was in my mock...

Agreement is a good place to stop... kudos for the effort...
Hill isn't going to make it out of the first round, there isn't a chance of that an Weeden most likely won't make it out of the second regardless of his age. If he was 4 years younger he would be the Browns pick at 4. His level of play is just below RGIII's and he can and could be a starting QB somewhere for over 5 years.
-
First general comment... you are reaching.
Not the way I'd go, but Richardson is fine. However, I feel we can trade down and still get him.
Hill (WR) at 22 is a reach. He is just as likely to be there at 37. Not one I would go with even then, too "trackish" for my tastes.
Any QB at 37 when you open by saying we are going to get our QB of the future in 2013 makes no sense, let alone Weedon, a 29-yo QB. Any GM that takes Weedon before round 5 ought to be fired on the spot... so consider yourself fired.
Not feeling Wagner (OLB) as a 2nd Rnd alternative to Weedon at all. Ref's I'm seeing have him at 6'0" and running 4.69.
Mosely (OT) is a good prospect, but no way is he ready to step in and start in 2012.
Brooks (OG) is a great choice. That's why he was in my mock...

Agreement is a good place to stop... kudos for the effort...
Hill isn't going to make it out of the first round, there isn't a chance of that an Weeden most likely won't make it out of the second regardless of his age. If he was 4 years younger he would be the Browns pick at 4. His level of play is just below RGIII's and he can and could be a starting QB somewhere for over 5 years.
Hill isn't going to make it out of the first round, there isn't a chance of that an Weeden most likely won't make it out of the second regardless of his age. If he was 4 years younger he would be the Browns pick at 4. His level of play is just below RGIII's and he can and could be a starting QB somewhere for over 5 years.
First, I'll take some of that Hill action... but only because Al Davis is dead...
Second, as long as it's not us I could care who wastes a high pick on Weedon.
-
I knew I'd get bitched at... but hey, I'm an ex computer guy, and current day farmer.

I personally think that they won't draft a qb at all this year, and will draft one next year. But, if I'm
wrong, then Weeden fits. I know he's 29, but he's impressing some teams, and I don't like any of the
other qb's out there after him. Osweiler sp? could be the pick instead of Weeden... but ... I read where
he is heavy footed. Then I read where he is surprisingly able to roll out and run. Beats me.
But I don't like him in case he's another Derek "Dumbass Bigfoot" Anderson. @@
The problem with Hill is, plenty of teams will reach for him, which will drive up his position in the draft.
If Hill does't fall to the Browns in the 2nd round, they are in trouble in the wr area. So, the higher need and the not so great wr crop..
drives Hill to not be there for the Browns at #2. I think.
You could be correct about Mosely. But, I can't figure out a good draft that has an OT in the first or second round.
Even Bobbie Massie, who is often referred to as maybe not as quick feet for the NFL RT spot, will surely go before
the Browns pick in the third. But Pinkston made it through his rookie year. Mosely isn't strong like Massie and and a few others...
but he's very quick on the slide and he's a gamer. OT's will fall in the first two rounds like overripe crabapples in a tornado.
It would be better if the Browns signed a veteran ROT, but that hasn't happened yet. That would give Mosely a year or two
to grow into the NFL RT spot.
I think I'd want a real stalwart drafted RT to start, but then I'd have to scrap my not so stupid mock draft and start over again.
It's the best I got. Good thing none of us will be the drafter for the Browns, eh?
-
Hah. I just discovered another Hill. That's crazy. But here he is:
(this will make the draft very different..... maybe)
-
I think this is one of the deepest WR drafts in a long time...and am not worried about the browns getting at least 2 of these guys in the draft...however there is only one Trent Richardson.
becasue it's so deep and Trent is such a good blocker in the back field i can't see us not drafting Trent. The only other back that could handle our WCO would be Turbin and we have no clue where he will go and we may have to reach for him which would be stupid.
Elite
Blackmon
Floyd
Jefferey
Wright
Starters
Streeter
Hill
Mcnutt
Sanu
Toon
Sleepers
Jarius Wright
Greg Childs
Travis Benjamin
-
Decent draft cal. Not bad for a French guy.
-
That guy looks sick. There was another small school gem at CB that people have been talking about. I think he played at the Senior Bowl of the East/West game and was really dominate but he played Div 2 or 3 ball. Damn I can't remember his name though.
-
Decent draft cal. Not bad for a French guy.
Cysko
***********************
Hey, I don't do any parlay vu nothin. @@ (How do you call somebody an "egg sucking weasel" in French?)

Oh wait, you liked my draft.
Nevermind. GGG
-
I knew I'd get bitched at... but hey, I'm an ex computer guy, and current day farmer.

I personally think that they won't draft a qb at all this year, and will draft one next year. But, if I'm
wrong, then Weeden fits. I know he's 29, but he's impressing some teams, and I don't like any of the
other qb's out there after him. Osweiler sp? could be the pick instead of Weeden... but ... I read where
he is heavy footed. Then I read where he is surprisingly able to roll out and run. Beats me.
But I don't like him in case he's another Derek "Dumbass Bigfoot" Anderson. @@
The problem with Hill is, plenty of teams will reach for him, which will drive up his position in the draft.
If Hill does't fall to the Browns in the 2nd round, they are in trouble in the wr area. So, the higher need and the not so great wr crop..
drives Hill to not be there for the Browns at #2. I think.
You could be correct about Mosely. But, I can't figure out a good draft that has an OT in the first or second round.
Even Bobbie Massie, who is often referred to as maybe not as quick feet for the NFL RT spot, will surely go before
the Browns pick in the third. But Pinkston made it through his rookie year. Mosely isn't strong like Massie and and a few others...
but he's very quick on the slide and he's a gamer. OT's will fall in the first two rounds like overripe crabapples in a tornado.
It would be better if the Browns signed a veteran ROT, but that hasn't happened yet. That would give Mosely a year or two
to grow into the NFL RT spot.
I think I'd want a real stalwart drafted RT to start, but then I'd have to scrap my not so stupid mock draft and start over again.
It's the best I got. Good thing none of us will be the drafter for the Browns, eh?
I knew I'd get bitched at... but hey, I'm an ex computer guy, and current day farmer.

It's the best I got. Good thing none of us will be the drafter for the Browns, eh?
I'll answer that after the draft...

Seriously though, kudos for making an effort that you obviously put some thought into. I mean your players actually are likely to be where you said you'd take them. Compared to some of the mock's around here that alone warrants high praise.
It's not as easy as it looks...
That's why after picking apart some earlier efforts, I did mine a week ago. It's here. Have at it...
I think this is one of the deepest WR drafts in a long time...and am not worried about the browns getting at least 2 of these guys in the draft...however there is only one Trent Richardson.
because it's so deep and Trent is such a good blocker in the back field i can't see us not drafting Trent. The only other back that could handle our WCO would be Turbin and we have no clue where he will go and we may have to reach for him which would be stupid.
Elite Blackmon Floyd Jefferey Wright
Starters Streeter Hill Mcnutt Sanu Toon
Sleepers Jarius Wright Greg Childs Travis Benjamin
How many catches did TR have in his college career? Kinda an important attribute for a WCO RB don't ya think?
I keep saying this kid is made for the WCO:
Cyrus Grey (RB-A&M) - 5'10"/206 & 4.47 speed and 100+ career catches. Roger Craig potential... I swear... and you can get him in Rnd 3...
And here are two more WR's for your list:
Marvin Jones (WR-Cal) - 6'2"/200 & 4.46 speed. Late 3rd, maybe early 4th. Can start on our Offense.
Dwight Jones (WR- NC) - 6'3"/230 & 4.55 speed and a jumper. Late 4th. Good Red Zone contributor...
-
I knew I'd get bitched at... but hey, I'm an ex computer guy, and current day farmer.

I personally think that they won't draft a qb at all this year, and will draft one next year. But, if I'm
wrong, then Weeden fits. I know he's 29, but he's impressing some teams, and I don't like any of the
other qb's out there after him. Osweiler sp? could be the pick instead of Weeden... but ... I read where
he is heavy footed. Then I read where he is surprisingly able to roll out and run. Beats me.
But I don't like him in case he's another Derek "Dumbass Bigfoot" Anderson. @@
The problem with Hill is, plenty of teams will reach for him, which will drive up his position in the draft.
If Hill does't fall to the Browns in the 2nd round, they are in trouble in the wr area. So, the higher need and the not so great wr crop..
drives Hill to not be there for the Browns at #2. I think.
You could be correct about Mosely. But, I can't figure out a good draft that has an OT in the first or second round.
Even Bobbie Massie, who is often referred to as maybe not as quick feet for the NFL RT spot, will surely go before
the Browns pick in the third. But Pinkston made it through his rookie year. Mosely isn't strong like Massie and and a few others...
but he's very quick on the slide and he's a gamer. OT's will fall in the first two rounds like overripe crabapples in a tornado.
It would be better if the Browns signed a veteran ROT, but that hasn't happened yet. That would give Mosely a year or two
to grow into the NFL RT spot.
I think I'd want a real stalwart drafted RT to start, but then I'd have to scrap my not so stupid mock draft and start over again.
It's the best I got. Good thing none of us will be the drafter for the Browns, eh?
-
Decent, except I'd take Blackmon at 4 and either Martin or Adams at 22 to dominate at RT for the next 5 years. We've taken fourth or fifth round RT's for the last few years and none of them have worked out.
-
hoping to get there one day soon.
rather ride a john deere than some friggin friday deadline.
got any animals? Mik
**********************************
Nope. That's too much work, cept I plan on having a dozen or two of chickens.
But we have about 7 acres of hay we bale ourselves and sell, and 14 acres of soybeans,
not yet planted, and we can now harvest those and transport those ourselves.
That, and the giant garden again. About "700" tomato plants, I think, 300 peppers...
squash, everything else. I'm still working on the right method of growing sweet corn
and flour corn.
-
No bad for a teabagger.
-
I think this is one of the deepest WR drafts in a long time...and am not worried about the browns getting at least 2 of these guys in the draft...however there is only one Trent Richardson.
becasue it's so deep and Trent is such a good blocker in the back field i can't see us not drafting Trent. The only other back that could handle our WCO would be Turbin and we have no clue where he will go and we may have to reach for him which would be stupid.
Elite
Blackmon
Floyd
Jefferey
Wright
Starters
Streeter
Hill
Mcnutt
Sanu
Toon
Sleepers
Jarius Wright
Greg Childs
Travis Benjamin
I think this is one of the deepest WR drafts in a long time...and am not worried about the browns getting at least 2 of these guys in the draft...however there is only one Trent Richardson.
becasue it's so deep and Trent is such a good blocker in the back field i can't see us not drafting Trent. The only other back that could handle our WCO would be Turbin and we have no clue where he will go and we may have to reach for him which would be stupid.
Elite
Blackmon
Floyd
Jefferey
Wright
Starters
Streeter
Hill
Mcnutt
Sanu
Toon
Sleepers
Jarius Wright
Greg Childs
Travis Benjamin
Floyd, Wright, and Jeffries are not elite. Blackmon may not even be considered elite... the WR class is deep, but not top heavy, much like the draft this year in general.
-
-
I think this is one of the deepest WR drafts in a long time...and am not worried about the browns getting at least 2 of these guys in the draft...however there is only one Trent Richardson.
becasue it's so deep and Trent is such a good blocker in the back field i can't see us not drafting Trent. The only other back that could handle our WCO would be Turbin and we have no clue where he will go and we may have to reach for him which would be stupid.
Elite
Blackmon
Floyd
Jefferey
Wright
Starters
Streeter
Hill
Mcnutt
Sanu
Toon
Sleepers
Jarius Wright
Greg Childs
Travis Benjamin
Floyd, Wright, and Jeffries are not elite. Blackmon may not even be considered elite... the WR class is deep, but not top heavy, much like the draft this year in general.
Floyd, Wright, and Jeffries are not elite. Blackmon may not even be considered elite... the WR class is deep, but not top heavy, much like the draft this year in general.
I think Floyd and Blackmon are both elite.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login