Skip to content

Browns In The Hunt For Benson

The Browns Board
70 25 3.4k
  • ugh, if we're gonna get a runningback it better be Trent Richardson. He'll be a Brown from the get-go, he doesn't carry over with him a "cat stench" and he is WAAAY better than Cedric Benson. God, first Jamal "baby steps" Lewis then Donta Stallworthless now a used up and discarded Ced Benson... give me a break and give us Trent Richardson for GOD'S SAKE!

  • Plus it's the back up option. There are 4 RB you know the Browns like and this is if they some how don't get a one of them. Benson will come cheap too since NO ONE is looking to sign him.

  • Plus it's the back up option. There are 4 RB you know the Browns like and this is if they some how don't get a one of them. Benson will come cheap too since NO ONE is looking to sign him.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Plus it's the back up option. There are 4 RB you know the Browns like and this is if they some how don't get a one of them. Benson will come cheap too since NO ONE is looking to sign him.

    ... and exactly the reason I hope we avoid him and go Richardson... Richardson wouldn't last 2 minutes on the open market- and that's exactly Why WE NEED him. 😎

  • ugh, if we're gonna get a runningback it better be Trent Richardson. He'll be a Brown from the get-go, he doesn't carry over with him a "cat stench" and he is WAAAY better than Cedric Benson. God, first Jamal "baby steps" Lewis then Donta Stallworthless now a used up and discarded Ced Benson... give me a break and give us Trent Richardson for GOD'S SAKE!

    @poeticg said:

    ugh, if we're gonna get a runningback it better be Trent Richardson. He'll be a Brown from the get-go, he doesn't carry over with him a "cat stench" and he is WAAAY better than Cedric Benson. God, first Jamal "baby steps" Lewis then Donta Stallworthless now a used up and discarded Ced Benson... give me a break and give us Trent Richardson for GOD'S SAKE!

    Stop turning every fucking thread into one about your man-crush.

    Mods, can you please take care of this? I'm getting tired of reading this shit.

  • Would anyone prefer Ryan Grant who is also a free agent ?

  • Would anyone prefer Ryan Grant who is also a free agent ?

    @darren15 said:

    Would anyone prefer Ryan Grant who is also a free agent ?

    I'd actually prefer Grant over Benson.

    Grant is 2 inches taller and has been productive, played in a similar style offense that we're trying to implement, and has far fewer legal problems. He's a decent receiving back, nothing special. And he's been in a winning culture his entire career.

  • @poeticg said:

    ugh, if we're gonna get a runningback it better be Trent Richardson. He'll be a Brown from the get-go, he doesn't carry over with him a "cat stench" and he is WAAAY better than Cedric Benson. God, first Jamal "baby steps" Lewis then Donta Stallworthless now a used up and discarded Ced Benson... give me a break and give us Trent Richardson for GOD'S SAKE!

    Stop turning every fucking thread into one about your man-crush.

    Mods, can you please take care of this? I'm getting tired of reading this shit.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Stop turning every fucking thread into one about your man-crush.

    Mods, can you please take care of this? I'm getting tired of reading this shit.

    Well, I by no means have a man crush on TR, but I do think that taking a young RB in the draft is probably better than getting a retread at this point, be that TR, Lamar Miller, or even waiting for a LaMichael James.

    Though....to be honest with you, I am skeptical of taking anyone that is a La____ James.

    Perfect idea though: if he comes to Cleveland we just call him LaBron James....that way we obfuscate the memory of the other guy by that (similar) name.

  • @darren15 said:

    Would anyone prefer Ryan Grant who is also a free agent ?

    I'd actually prefer Grant over Benson.

    Grant is 2 inches taller and has been productive, played in a similar style offense that we're trying to implement, and has far fewer legal problems. He's a decent receiving back, nothing special. And he's been in a winning culture his entire career.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'd actually prefer Grant over Benson.

    Grant is 2 inches taller and has been productive, played in a similar style offense that we're trying to implement, and has far fewer legal problems. He's a decent receiving back, nothing special. And he's been in a winning culture his entire career.

    Benson is far less injury prone though.

  • For your viewing pleasure... 😁

  • Pretty impressive video. I hope he is a Brown

  • Uhm, ohhkay! link. Not that there is anything wrong with that... Lol.

  • Uhm, ohhkay! link. Not that there is anything wrong with that... Lol.

    @4browns said:

    Uhm, ohhkay! link. Not that there is anything wrong with that... Lol.

    Ya that is literally all speculation. All they had to say it was because they had a gay relationship was that they used to be roommates. And regardless something like 5% of an NFL locker room is gay. Guarantee there is someone in the Browns locker room right now who is anyway.

  • @4browns said:

    Uhm, ohhkay! link. Not that there is anything wrong with that... Lol.

    Ya that is literally all speculation. All they had to say it was because they had a gay relationship was that they used to be roommates. And regardless something like 5% of an NFL locker room is gay. Guarantee there is someone in the Browns locker room right now who is anyway.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Ya that is literally all speculation. All they had to say it was because they had a gay relationship was that they used to be roommates. And regardless something like 5% of an NFL locker room is gay. Guarantee there is someone in the Browns locker room right now who is anyway.

    Hey poetic why don't you show me the footage of him in the national championship game when he wasn't even the best RB on the Tide.

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    Ya that is literally all speculation. All they had to say it was because they had a gay relationship was that they used to be roommates. And regardless something like 5% of an NFL locker room is gay. Guarantee there is someone in the Browns locker room right now who is anyway.

    Hey poetic why don't you show me the footage of him in the national championship game when he wasn't even the best RB on the Tide.

    @baybrownsfan said:

    Hey poetic why don't you show me the footage of him in the national championship game when he wasn't even the best RB on the Tide.

    That's been the case for the past couple years. Same with Ingram and Richardson.

    It proves it's a runningback friendly offense.

  • oh boy look at him run over all those 170 pound corners and juke all those fifth year seniors from central alabama state.

    Let the big boys handle this #4 pick. If they dont want claiborne then then take someones first next year to move back.

  • For your viewing pleasure... 😁

    @poeticg said:

    For your viewing pleasure... 😁

    I didn't make past 3 mins. First 30 seconds of nothing, than all the runs have 20 edits in them. You can't watch the guy make a run without seeing it in 5 different angles in 3 seconds... Ugh.. poor video to judge anyone by.

  • Sorry Brownskidd, there is a really awesome highlight video of TR that is like 9+ minutes long without any edits in it. It really showcases his talents and abilities. This one that I posted was more of a show video with edits and voiceovers kinda like the Cleveland Browns Believe Videos. I just found it and thought it was kinda cool and a little different. If you'd like to see the 9+ minute video just youtube "Trent Richardson Highlights 2011", it has a really good sound track to go along with it, it's not just video and people cheering! 😁

    I'd post it again for you but I think I've already posted it in a few discussions sooo I don't think some of the haters would appreciate it... 😉

  • Sorry Brownskidd, there is a really awesome highlight video of TR that is like 9+ minutes long without any edits in it. It really showcases his talents and abilities. This one that I posted was more of a show video with edits and voiceovers kinda like the Cleveland Browns Believe Videos. I just found it and thought it was kinda cool and a little different. If you'd like to see the 9+ minute video just youtube "Trent Richardson Highlights 2011", it has a really good sound track to go along with it, it's not just video and people cheering! 😁

    I'd post it again for you but I think I've already posted it in a few discussions sooo I don't think some of the haters would appreciate it... 😉

    @poeticg said:

    Sorry Brownskidd, there is a really awesome highlight video of TR that is like 9+ minutes long without any edits in it. It really showcases his talents and abilities. This one that I posted was more of a show video with edits and voiceovers kinda like the Cleveland Browns Believe Videos. I just found it and thought it was kinda cool and a little different. If you'd like to see the 9+ minute video just youtube "Trent Richardson Highlights 2011", it has a really good sound track to go along with it, it's not just video and people cheering! 😁

    I'd post it again for you but I think I've already posted it in a few discussions sooo I don't think some of the haters would appreciate it... 😉

    And by "haters" you mean "normal people who actually know shit about football and aren't fucking pussy fanboys who get boners over ESPN's new flavor of the week".

    Got it.

  • I'm not a fanboy of anyone. I like whoever makes the Browns better and helps us WIN FOOTBALL GAMES. Sorry if you can't see it but it's as plain as the nose on your face homeslice, Richardson is the smartest pick for the Browns. Blackmon is slightly above average but Richardson is ELITE. Got that? 😉

  • look I'm not gonna get into an argument about TR, but there's no way you use the argument of him running down corners and being in a run friendly offense as knocks on the dude. I could care the less about the truck stick highlights, and yea dude was in a run first offense but everyone knew he was coming in the best defensive college league in the NFL. hell, LSU was ranked 2nd in total defense, georgia third, florida 9th, penn state 10th, vandy 19th, tenn 28th, miss st 43rd. There's literally not much better sampling of what a guy can do against a tough, defense minded schedule.

    I guess I really don't get why people think he's not good, and I don't even want to see him taken at four. He literally has all the tools you want in an elite guy and is coming off arguably the toughest defensive schedule in football.