Skip to content

Browns In The Hunt For Benson

The Browns Board
70 25 3.4k
  • Let's get a Brian Westbrook

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #31

    @mld-woody said:

    Let's get a Brian Westbrook

    Wouldn't suck...

    Not as a feature back, but certainly as a piece of a RB by Committee set up...

    And say hello to Don's Pomeroy House for me...

    I'm really not getting the lack of love for Benson. A 7-year pro coming off of three very strong/ borderline great seasons. Couple "punching" incidents (one unsubstantiated; the other in family... it happens), but the DUI seems to be distant past now. Emphasize behavior in his contact, have Calvin Hill babysit him if need be and take a shot...

    Benson delivers classy goodbye to Bengals

    "There are no hard feelings. I loved my time there," Benson told the team's website. "I can't thank the fans enough for the way they supported me. I'm so forever grateful for the recommendation that I think came out of Chicago and for Marvin [Lewis] believing in me and for the Brown family for giving me a chance."

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @mike-h said:

    I Tweeted to Grossi about this and the Manny Lawson rumors.

    This is what he said:

    “@BigHoagowski: What about Manny Lawson and Ced. Benson reports??”//Untrue."

    Because I trust Tony Grossi.

  • @mike-h said:

    I Tweeted to Grossi about this and the Manny Lawson rumors.

    This is what he said:

    “@BigHoagowski: What about Manny Lawson and Ced. Benson reports??”//Untrue."

    Because I trust Tony Grossi.

    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Because I trust Tony Grossi.

    Cause he is still a beat writer for the Browns. Oh wait...

  • @baybrownsfan said:

    Hey poetic why don't you show me the footage of him in the national championship game when he wasn't even the best RB on the Tide.

    You mean the game where he was the leading rusher with 20 carries 96 yards and 1 TD while the second best rusher was E. Lacy for 11 carries and 43 yards. If your going to try and burn someone make sure your facts or correct before hand. You look like an idiot.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    That's been the case for the past couple years. Same with Ingram and Richardson.

    It proves it's a runningback friendly offense.

    That plays in the toughest defensive league in the nation. Defenses that planned to stop the run. I would be more worried about him if he played in a pass friendly offense and got the same yards on half the carries.

    @cdl15 said:

    oh boy look at him run over all those 170 pound corners and juke all those fifth year seniors from central alabama state.

    Let the big boys handle this #4 pick. If they dont want claiborne then then take someones first next year to move back.

    If you watch any of his highlights other than his long 50 yards runs you will see him fucking up literally everyone. DE, LB, S, it doesn't matter. He trucks them all.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And by "haters" you mean "normal people who actually know shit about football and aren't fucking pussy fanboys who get boners over ESPN's new flavor of the week".

    Got it.

    Auh, I know shit about football. This guy is worth the 4th overall pick. I'm just defending my opinion in an actual augmentative way other than... "Ha good topic on Heckert, But fuck him if he doesn't draft this guy. Highlight, Highlight, Highlight.

    People want us to take other guys later in the draft who they claim can do better. Miller is literally just faster. He doesn't have near the same amount of production and he played against weaker defenses in the ACC. The same goes for Wilson. While he had production last year, it was his only season of showing anything and like Miller he did it in the weak ACC. Then you have Martin. Looks like Rice but played much easier defenses while in a passing happy system. Meaning that these schools ranked #100 in defense were practicing for Moore, not Martin. That's why these guys fall the end of the 2nd and Richardson is considered Elite.

    @jrb12711 said:

    look I'm not gonna get into an argument about TR, but there's no way you use the argument of him running down corners and being in a run friendly offense as knocks on the dude. I could care the less about the truck stick highlights, and yea dude was in a run first offense but everyone knew he was coming in the best defensive college league in the NFL. hell, LSU was ranked 2nd in total defense, georgia third, florida 9th, penn state 10th, vandy 19th, tenn 28th, miss st 43rd. There's literally not much better sampling of what a guy can do against a tough, defense minded schedule.

    I guess I really don't get why people think he's not good, and I don't even want to see him taken at four. He literally has all the tools you want in an elite guy and is coming off arguably the toughest defensive schedule in football.

    Fact.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @harry-buffalo said:

    That plays in the toughest defensive league in the nation. Defenses that planned to stop the run.

    so i say we sign some of those guys that made up the best defensive league in the nation. i.e.. claiborn.

    i can remember all those mark ingram nfl highlights from last year.........yawn.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Because I trust Tony Grossi.

    Cause he is still a beat writer for the Browns. Oh wait...

    USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Cause he is still a beat writer for the Browns. Oh wait...

    He's on ESPN Cleveland now.

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    That plays in the toughest defensive league in the nation. Defenses that planned to stop the run.

    so i say we sign some of those guys that made up the best defensive league in the nation. i.e.. claiborn.

    i can remember all those mark ingram nfl highlights from last year.........yawn.

    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @miktoxic said:

    so i say we sign some of those guys that made up the best defensive league in the nation. i.e.. claiborn.

    i can remember all those mark ingram nfl highlights from last year.........yawn.

    And I remember all the Peterson ones too. He's a good return specialist but was bad at corner. Maybe their defensive system makes CB look good?

  • BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Im all up for signing Cedric Benson, Just not to a long term contract. He is an established NFL starter and we can draft defense then and have a monster D.

  • For your viewing pleasure... 😁

    slimdawgS slimdawg wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @poeticg said:

    For your viewing pleasure... 😁

    im sold man...put that shit on the browns!!

  • ITHIKAI ITHIKA wrote on last edited by
    #39

    I'd like no part of a washed up, trouble making, whinny Cedric Benson. After getting shafted in the RG3 sweepstakes and now focused on the remaining top 5 college players, the more I read and watch about Trent Richardson, the more i'd like to see him taken at 4. Virtually every scouting report shows this guy without a weakness. He can hit the home run with his speed and break away, he can run you over with his power, he has great hands out of the backfield to catch passes and he blocks better than any RB in college. That is saying ALOT!

    Now what H&H have to ask themselves is this question, who will help the Browns win the most out of these 4 potential players at 4? #1 Maurice Claiborne, I think this guy is going to be a perennial pro bowl corner, he has a nose for the ball and will tally a high INT rate in the pros the way he has in college, however we have a shutdown corner in Haden and IMO we don't need another. Still a solid pick i will not gripe about. #2 Justin Blackmon a great WR in college, big physical and will go up and get the ball, does not have ground breaking speed, but still has above average speed for his size. WR is an area of need for the Browns, however Blackmon is a WR and wont garner as many touches as a RB. still a solid pick at 4. #3 Trent Richardson as stated above after watching the film the guy is the most complete RB coming out of college in many years, he has all the tools and if we draft him the guy should get 20 touches a game, This takes pressure off the QB and opens the passing game, this unlike drafting Blackmon makes the offense a ton better, not just a little bit better. TR is a horse we can ride for many years! #4 Ryan Tanehil, hes a huge reach here and a guy that is a project QB, he'll have to sit his first season in the NFL and learn. Im not against drafting Tanehil, i'm against drafting him in the first round, if hes there in the second i'm all for it, this team has to many holes to fill to draft a guy that is a project in the first round we need starters right out of the gate. He does have great physical attributes and i feel wit the right tutelage could turn out to be a great QB so someone will draft him in the first round, unfortunately for the Browns we have way too many holes to be that team.

    Below is some excerpts from Mike Mayock regarding Trent Richarson that i believe are very telling about how good this kid is going to be!

    Even at a devalued position, Richardson’s talent too great to pass up

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/27/even-at-a-devalued-position-richardsons-talent-too-great-to-pass-up/

    The NFL’s transformation into a passing league has hit running backs hard, both on draft day (the first running off the board went 28th in last year’s first round) and in free agency (veteran running backs haven’t found much of a market for their services this year). But with the NFL draft a month away, Alabama running back Trent Richardson has so much talent that he appears poised to buck the trend of running backs being devalued.

    A couple of weeks ago we passed along comments from NFL Network’s Mike Mayock suggesting that Richardson might slip out of the Top 10 because of the low value so many teams place on running backs. But with more time to study the tape, Mayock now says Richardson is simply too talented for more than five or six teams to pass on him

    “Boy was I wrong,” Mayock said of suggesting Richardson might get out of the Top 10. “He’s going in the Top 10. Let’s face it, if the two quarterbacks [Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III] go 1-2, and the Vikings are not in the market for a tailback at No. 3 because of Adrian Peterson, this kid is going 4, 5 or 6. He’s the best tailback I’ve seen come out since the aforementioned Adrian Peterson. He brings toughness, he brings speed, he brings pass protection.”

    Mayock said that if the Browns pass on Richardson at No. 4, he can’t see why the Bucs would pass on him at No. 5. Mayock said Richardson running behind the Buccaneers’ offensive line in Greg Schiano’s offense could have a big impact as a rookie.

    “Trent Richardson might be the best position player in this draft,” Mayock said. “I watched 150 of his carries today. I watched every catch he made on tape today. . . . I watched every pass protection I could find in about a 10-game span, and he might be the best pass-protecting running back in this draft also. So when you talk about toughness and perhaps the best positional player in the entire draft, I think if he is available at No. 5, with that offensive line, they’ve got to pull the trigger.”

    And if the Bucs do pull the trigger, they may find themselves with the most talented player in the draft.

  • cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #40

    I can hear it now, with the 4th pick in the 2012 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns select Trent Richardson Rb from The univeristy of Alabama. We may think its to early of a spot to take him, but when he dons that uniform and starts to produce for us, we will not give a rats ass about how early we picked him.

  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #41

    If everyone is being honest with themselves. What is his bust/success line at. What ammount of yardage and td's does he need to get?

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #42

    I don't like Cedric Benson.

    Dude has issues.

    Let's hit up the draft for a running back.

    Zombo

  • I can hear it now, with the 4th pick in the 2012 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns select Trent Richardson Rb from The univeristy of Alabama. We may think its to early of a spot to take him, but when he dons that uniform and starts to produce for us, we will not give a rats ass about how early we picked him.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @cambridgeho said:

    I can hear it now, with the 4th pick in the 2012 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns select Trent Richardson Rb from The univeristy of Alabama. We may think its to early of a spot to take him, but when he dons that uniform and starts to produce for us, we will not give a rats ass about how early we picked him.

    Ummm no this isnt Leroy Kelly or Jim Brown your talking about...give it a break....just how good did Ricky Williams turn out?.... No thanks!

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #44

    CB had issues...

    Don't like 1000 yd rushers???

    We'll draft a RB... just not in round 1... at least not at #4.

  • CB had issues...

    Don't like 1000 yd rushers???

    We'll draft a RB... just not in round 1... at least not at #4.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @tour2ma said:

    CB had issues...

    Don't like 1000 yd rushers???

    We'll draft a RB... just not in round 1... at least not at #4.

    I'm allowed not to like him.

    I don't like him.

    1,000 yard rushers can be found. Our last one was a throw-in in a trade for a busted QB. So, with 13 draft picks I like our chances of finding someone with far more tread on the tires than ol' Ced and about ten years younger.

    And more likeable to Zombo.

    Zombo

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #46

    Of course you're allowed to not like Cedric...

    You are also allowed to cut off your nose to spite your face...

    But I wouldn't recommend either...

  • Of course you're allowed to not like Cedric...

    You are also allowed to cut off your nose to spite your face...

    But I wouldn't recommend either...

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @tour2ma said:

    Of course you're allowed to not like Cedric...

    You are also allowed to cut off your nose to spite your face...

    But I wouldn't recommend either...

    I like Cedric the Entertainer ... does that count?

    Cedric-the-Entertainer.jpg

    Zombo

    --I hear he ran a 4.35

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by slowburn
    #48

    As evidenced by the stats Cedric HAS produced these past few season albeit he is a fumbling machine ala headcase Hillis...

    He is getting kind of long in tooth and it's unknown how much juice he has in the tank..

    Yea he has a problem with women and substance abuse but who are the Browns to hold out for a potential contributer based on his citizenship skills.

    In hindsight they should have got him last year when he was available.

    If he has some moves left like Cedric the entertainer I say send the club limo down to the Queen City and bring his outlaw ass to CBS.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @harry-buffalo said:

    So you show how much of a fool you are and your come back is to make fun of the mentally disabled!? Have at least a bit of fucking class. What's next are you going to throw out a racial slur and make fun of someone for their religious beliefs. It's not my fault you are clearly incapable of reading and comprehending what was actually written so you ran your mouth off like a buffoon.

    your more dense than I thought...get a life you dumbass

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #50

    It's personal attack season. Yes!

    Zombo

    --That being the case ... you are all a bunch of homos