Our Next Right Tackle
-
@mike-h said:
The way you used "return" is misleading.
Can you source me to something that says negotiations are taking place please?
Just the fact that both Heckert and Shurmer have both said they would be open to resigning him for less that what he was owed.
-
Why such a dick?
There are no absolutes in football.
I would not be surprised if they moved Pinkston to RT.
I didn't realize I was being a dick? I was called an idiot, I defended myself. Does anybody think we're not drafting a right tackle?
Football is full of absolutes. It's pretty simple, if you don't have a RT, you have to get one. Same with any other positon. We don't have one, we haven't picked up one in free agency, its as close to an absolute can get that we're drafting one. Just like WR. Not being a dick, like I said just common sense.
I didn't realize I was being a dick? I was called an idiot, I defended myself. Does anybody think we're not drafting a right tackle?
Football is full of absolutes. It's pretty simple, if you don't have a RT, you have to get one. Same with any other positon. We don't have one, we haven't picked up one in free agency, its as close to an absolute can get that we're drafting one. Just like WR. Not being a dick, like I said just common sense.
But if you already have one on the roster, you don't need to go pay too much for one. Right? If Pinkston is good enough to be a RT, why wouldn't we use him there, and then pay less to get a new (old in Steinbach) guard?
-
#Browns HC Pat Shurmur on G Eric Steinbach: "I think it's realistic that he could be back."
I feel like this is just as likely to happen. Mary Kay just said Shurmer "indicated" they would draft a starting RT. She didn't give any quote because he obviously never said it out loud that they would.
Gotta take anything you read, especially before the draft, with a grain of salt.
-
I didn't realize I was being a dick? I was called an idiot, I defended myself. Does anybody think we're not drafting a right tackle?
Football is full of absolutes. It's pretty simple, if you don't have a RT, you have to get one. Same with any other positon. We don't have one, we haven't picked up one in free agency, its as close to an absolute can get that we're drafting one. Just like WR. Not being a dick, like I said just common sense.
But if you already have one on the roster, you don't need to go pay too much for one. Right? If Pinkston is good enough to be a RT, why wouldn't we use him there, and then pay less to get a new (old in Steinbach) guard?
But if you already have one on the roster, you don't need to go pay too much for one. Right? If Pinkston is good enough to be a RT, why wouldn't we use him there, and then pay less to get a new (old in Steinbach) guard?
We don't know that Pinkston can play RT at an NFL level. He wasn't that great at guard, he'll be on an island every play at RT. I don't think he's the answer there and apparently neither does Heckert or Shurmer.
We picked up a solid guard in the 5th round last year. We're going to have to take a RT much earlier then that if he's gonna be of starting quality out of the gates. The skill level difference between a guard and a tackle is about a big a difference as a RB and FB. It's a whole different world out there.
-
But if you already have one on the roster, you don't need to go pay too much for one. Right? If Pinkston is good enough to be a RT, why wouldn't we use him there, and then pay less to get a new (old in Steinbach) guard?
We don't know that Pinkston can play RT at an NFL level. He wasn't that great at guard, he'll be on an island every play at RT. I don't think he's the answer there and apparently neither does Heckert or Shurmer.
We picked up a solid guard in the 5th round last year. We're going to have to take a RT much earlier then that if he's gonna be of starting quality out of the gates. The skill level difference between a guard and a tackle is about a big a difference as a RB and FB. It's a whole different world out there.
We don't know that Pinkston can play RT at an NFL level. He wasn't that great at guard, he'll be on an island every play at RT. I don't think he's the answer there and apparently neither does Heckert or Shurmer.
We picked up a solid guard in the 5th round last year. We're going to have to take a RT much earlier then that if he's gonna be of starting quality out of the gates. The skill level difference between a guard and a tackle is about a big a difference as a RB and FB. It's a whole different world out there.
Did you even read the article I posted?
-
@mike-h said:
Saying "i think it's realistic he _could_ be back" is the same if not even less than "indicating" something is going to happen.
I think it's realistic I could win the powerball tonight. Doesn't mean it's going to happen or even has any strong chance of happening.
If you are using realistic in that context, I don't think it means what you think it means.
-
We don't know that Pinkston can play RT at an NFL level. He wasn't that great at guard, he'll be on an island every play at RT. I don't think he's the answer there and apparently neither does Heckert or Shurmer.
We picked up a solid guard in the 5th round last year. We're going to have to take a RT much earlier then that if he's gonna be of starting quality out of the gates. The skill level difference between a guard and a tackle is about a big a difference as a RB and FB. It's a whole different world out there.
Did you even read the article I posted?
-
@mike-h said:
Saying "i think it's realistic he _could_ be back" is the same if not even less than "indicating" something is going to happen.
I think it's realistic I could win the powerball tonight. Doesn't mean it's going to happen or even has any strong chance of happening.
Hence why I said I felt it was just as likely to happen. Fact of the matter is Shurmer at least flat out said something about Steinbach while Mary Kay went off something so remote that Shurmer said she couldn't even quote it. But either or could happen, I don't really trust any of it.
-
Yea I did. He's working hard with LeCharles Bentley. So what that makes him a RT now? I don't get what your saying?
If you read the entire article, you'd see the part that talked about him getting a staff infection in his elbow after his pro day and that he couldn't do workouts for teams. So he basically was out of shape for training camp and then was thrust in as a starter when Steinbach had surgery.
So he started the season, weak, out of shape, and a rookie. As the season wore on, he got better and better as his strength and shape returned.
He was a good LT in college.
He is now in the best shape of his life, he will be stronger, faster, and more prepared having started 16 games.
He should get a look see at RT.
-
With his new conditioning, it's smart to consider the possibility of moving him to right tackle.
The knock on him before was weakness and balance. With the strength, his quick feet, and his desire
to play the game, hell yeah it's a possibility. Then, the Browns could draft this guy as a backup/future starter
or immediate starter at OG:
**********************************
Brandon Brooks, OG/OT
Why? Because he 6'5", 346, and he runs the forty in 4.98.From Miami of Ohio.Performed well at his pro day and put up
impressive numbers. Was overlooked - wasn't invited to the combine. I'd pick him to go in the fourth round, but I don't think
he'll be there. He's an agile, powerful monster of a lineman. He could actually play RT, but he'll probably be a RG.
-
Regardless I like how he is working out with the best OL trainer in the business. Turned Boone from an UDFA, over weight, weak, drunk into a second string LT that could be starting on about half the teams in the NFL and is still improving. I wouldn't want Pinkston working with anyone else.
-
Pinkston will stay at guard, Heckert's said it numerous times. Will be drafting our right tackle.
Pinkston will stay at guard, Heckert's said it numerous times. Will be drafting our right tackle.
Absolutes like "we will draft our RT" are idiotic.
No it's called common sense, just like 6 month's ago when I said Steinbach would be released. Everybody wanted to take shots at me, guess who was right?
Why such a dick? There are no absolutes in football.
I didn't realize I was being a dick? I was called an idiot, I defended myself. Does anybody think we're not drafting a right tackle?
Football is full of absolutes. It's pretty simple, if you don't have a RT, you have to get one. Same with any other positon. We don't have one, we haven't picked up one in free agency, its as close to an absolute can get that we're drafting one. Just like WR. Not being a dick, like I said just common sense.
For the record I said that Hechert's saying "We will draft our RT" was an idiotic absolute. If you think I was referring to you, then you are an idiot and a thin skinned one at that.
And drafting for need is not an example of an "absolute". And being right once is not a sign of infallibility.
@mike-h said:
#Browns HC Shurmur indicated the #Browns will draft a right tackle that can start in 2012.Can start for us is not a very high bar. If we want someone that can start and be effective, we'd better be going after Riley or Martin cause after these two the fall off is pretty dramatic IMO.
Again I have to say that not considering a player who played well in 38 consecutive starts at LT for Pitt, and is working his ass off for a shot at RT, is idiotic.
I'd like a couple opinions on Kevin Zeitler. He seems like he could be a really good player if we put him between Thomas and Mack, but then we'd have to move Pinkston to RT...
Zeitner is a hard working road-grader with much better than average pass protection technique. I took him in my mock and made a case for him at RT. Rebuttle was made that his arms are a tad short for OT, but I think his feet compensate.
Gotta go... Buckeyes are on...
-
Pinkston will stay at guard, Heckert's said it numerous times. Will be drafting our right tackle.
Absolutes like "we will draft our RT" are idiotic.
No it's called common sense, just like 6 month's ago when I said Steinbach would be released. Everybody wanted to take shots at me, guess who was right?
Why such a dick? There are no absolutes in football.
I didn't realize I was being a dick? I was called an idiot, I defended myself. Does anybody think we're not drafting a right tackle?
Football is full of absolutes. It's pretty simple, if you don't have a RT, you have to get one. Same with any other positon. We don't have one, we haven't picked up one in free agency, its as close to an absolute can get that we're drafting one. Just like WR. Not being a dick, like I said just common sense.
For the record I said that Hechert's saying "We will draft our RT" was an idiotic absolute. If you think I was referring to you, then you are an idiot and a thin skinned one at that.
And drafting for need is not an example of an "absolute". And being right once is not a sign of infallibility.
@mike-h said:
#Browns HC Shurmur indicated the #Browns will draft a right tackle that can start in 2012.Can start for us is not a very high bar. If we want someone that can start and be effective, we'd better be going after Riley or Martin cause after these two the fall off is pretty dramatic IMO.
Again I have to say that not considering a player who played well in 38 consecutive starts at LT for Pitt, and is working his ass off for a shot at RT, is idiotic.
I'd like a couple opinions on Kevin Zeitler. He seems like he could be a really good player if we put him between Thomas and Mack, but then we'd have to move Pinkston to RT...
Zeitner is a hard working road-grader with much better than average pass protection technique. I took him in my mock and made a case for him at RT. Rebuttle was made that his arms are a tad short for OT, but I think his feet compensate.
Gotta go... Buckeyes are on...
For the record I said that Hechert's saying "We will draft our RT" was an idiotic absolute. If you think I was referring to you, then you are an idiot and a thin skinned one at that.
No you weren't, you said it right after I posted that and Heckert never said we will draft our RT. So if it makes you feel better go ahead and backtrack. I leave name calling to the children.
And drafting for need is not an example of an "absolute".
Sure it is, Indy and Washington need a QB, they will absolutely draft one.
And being right once is not a sign of infallibility.
Being right has nothing to do with it, I'm certain common sense does. Or should I say not so common sense?
We do agree on one thing though....Go Buckeyes
-
No it's called common sense, just like 6 month's ago when I said Steinbach would be released. Everybody wanted to take shots at me, guess who was right?
Wow should we all get in line and give you an attaboy and a pat on the back?
Seriously. STFU.
-
No it's called common sense, just like 6 month's ago when I said Steinbach would be released. Everybody wanted to take shots at me, guess who was right?
Wow should we all get in line and give you an attaboy and a pat on the back?
Seriously. STFU.
Wow should we all get in line and give you an attaboy and a pat on the back?
Seriously. STFU.
Haters hate, winners regulate. I ain't lookin for no pat on the back. I voice my opinion, if you dont like it thats your choice. I'd be wise of you to listen, you might learn a thing or two.
-
Wow should we all get in line and give you an attaboy and a pat on the back?
Seriously. STFU.
Haters hate, winners regulate. I ain't lookin for no pat on the back. I voice my opinion, if you dont like it thats your choice. I'd be wise of you to listen, you might learn a thing or two.
Haters hate, winners regulate. I ain't lookin for no pat on the back. I voice my opinion, if you dont like it thats your choice. I'd be wise of you to listen, you might learn a thing or two.
LOL...and the beat goes on...pretty high opinion of yourself sherlock...it would be totally hilarious if your proven dead wrong...then maybe...just maybe...you'll learn a thing or 2 junior.
-
Haters hate, winners regulate. I ain't lookin for no pat on the back. I voice my opinion, if you dont like it thats your choice. I'd be wise of you to listen, you might learn a thing or two.
LOL...and the beat goes on...pretty high opinion of yourself sherlock...it would be totally hilarious if your proven dead wrong...then maybe...just maybe...you'll learn a thing or 2 junior.
LOL...and the beat goes on...pretty high opinion of yourself sherlock...it would be totally hilarious if your proven dead wrong...then maybe...just maybe...you'll learn a thing or 2 junior.
I was just trying to lower myself to his level of douchery, I'm not at all that person. But do I think its a lock that were taking a RT??? Absolutely

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login