Skip to content

New Nike Uniforms

The Browns Board
58 27 3.6k
  • The new uniforms Nike has made for teams this year will be revealed tomorrow at 11 a.m. Eastern Time. Although there isn't much change with the Browns general uniform model, there are strong rumors floating around that we will be using an orange top alternate Nike has made a few times this year. Excited to see what Nike has done, but I hope they haven't messed with the traditional style as well. Here is an article with more info.

    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/45163/uni-watch-unveiling-set-for-tuesday

    Nike became the NFL's official uniform outfitter on Sunday, but you'll have to wait to see if there are any changes in store for your favorite AFC North team. The new threads will be showcased at a media event scheduled for 11 a.m. ET on Tuesday.

    There have been a few leaks such as the Carolina Panthers tweaking their logo and the Jacksonville Jaguars sporting an alternate black jersey. Remember to check back here tomorrow and I'll give my take on the new uniforms.

    My guess is the Cleveland Browns won't be putting a brownie elf on their helmets and the Pittsburgh Steelers won't be changing to all-gold jerseys. As most of you know, I graduated from the University of Maryland, and if you saw the Terps' football team play last season, uniforms are a sensitive subject in the Hensley household.

  • Let's just hope Nike and/or the NFL and/or the Browns showed a little restraint...

    Some of the Nike Collegiate stuff is just, plain FUGLY.

  • No need to worry about anything. In college it's all about getting recruits and as lame as it is... having flashy uniforms helps. In the pros there is no need to have insane uniforms because you aren't trying to get the top young high school recruits to commit to your school.

    The uniforms will be fairly conservative I believe.

  • Great...We'll be the fucking Cleveland Ducks now!

  • Is neon brown a color?

  • I think the only team going through major changes is the Seattle Seahawks. All other teams probably won't be noticable, other than a Nike swoosh replacing the reebok on the jersey.

    The real question is who's jersey do you buy? I guess whichever player seems to have the longest future on the team. Since most Browns fans have closets filled with Hills, Edwards, Couch, Droughns, Vickers, Winslow, Garcia, Frye, Wimbley, Anderson, Quinn, or Lewis jerseys. Can you buy some #00 with "insert name here" on the back? McCoy, will soon be added to that list.

    I'd say Phil Dawson haha since we only care about making field goals, so he'll be around forever!

    Seriously Cleveland fans have to buy the most jerseys out of any sports city. They only have a lifespan of 2-years max, before you have to get the duct tape out and cover up the name

  • I was given a #32 for Christmas that does not have a name on it... so I'm good to go. 😛

  • I was given a #32 for Christmas that does not have a name on it... so I'm good to go. 😛

    @tour2ma said:

    I was given a #32 for Christmas that does not have a name on it... so I'm good to go. 😛

    I've said may times use #46 put your name on it, and it's good forever. 🙂

  • My dad rocks a 32 jersey knowing that any Browns fan worth his salt doesn't have to ask who the player was that had such a jersey. Myself? I currently have a Kosar jersey.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I was given a #32 for Christmas that does not have a name on it... so I'm good to go. 😛

    I've said may times use #46 put your name on it, and it's good forever. 🙂

    @hoorta said:

    I've said may times use #46 put your name on it, and it's good forever. 🙂

    ... or 14 or 45 or 76...

    I actually had to look up Fleming. I did not remember him or his sad story.

    On a happier note I met Lou-the-Toe one winter at Metropark's Swiss Chalet toboggan run.

  • I think what Nike will do is release some insane college like jerseys but they will be for fans only. I don't see the actual jerseys changing except for fabric.

  • Because change is good. These hats rock.

    My link

  • Because change is good. These hats rock.

    My link

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Because change is good. These hats rock.

    My link

    No worse than the New Era hats they just released!!!

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Because change is good. These hats rock.

    My link

    No worse than the New Era hats they just released!!!

    @b86b said:

    No worse than the New Era hats they just released!!!

    Do they even ask people what they think?

  • @b86b said:

    No worse than the New Era hats they just released!!!

    Do they even ask people what they think?

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Do they even ask people what they think?

    I liked the Reebok hats, yes they made some ugly ass ones but for the most part they were nice and fit well. New Era hats are ugly and the worst fitting hats out there.

    Maybe they went to the pubs on a friday night in Buffalo and asked the locals what they thought of the hats, only way i can see people liking them.

  • The jerseys in college are just recruiting tools. Turned Oregon into a team trying to bust the top #25 into a legit national title contender every season. For the NFL they won't do much but look cool or ugly as shit. Doesn't matter for us though, they won't be able to change the Browns jersey's too much but maybe we will get lucky and see the return of orange pants!

  • I think the only team going through major changes is the Seattle Seahawks. All other teams probably won't be noticable, other than a Nike swoosh replacing the reebok on the jersey.

    The real question is who's jersey do you buy? I guess whichever player seems to have the longest future on the team. Since most Browns fans have closets filled with Hills, Edwards, Couch, Droughns, Vickers, Winslow, Garcia, Frye, Wimbley, Anderson, Quinn, or Lewis jerseys. Can you buy some #00 with "insert name here" on the back? McCoy, will soon be added to that list.

    I'd say Phil Dawson haha since we only care about making field goals, so he'll be around forever!

    Seriously Cleveland fans have to buy the most jerseys out of any sports city. They only have a lifespan of 2-years max, before you have to get the duct tape out and cover up the name

    @feartheroo said:

    I think the only team going through major changes is the Seattle Seahawks. All other teams probably won't be noticable, other than a Nike swoosh replacing the reebok on the jersey.

    The real question is who's jersey do you buy? I guess whichever player seems to have the longest future on the team. Since most Browns fans have closets filled with Hills, Edwards, Couch, Droughns, Vickers, Winslow, Garcia, Frye, Wimbley, Anderson, Quinn, or Lewis jerseys. Can you buy some #00 with "insert name here" on the back? McCoy, will soon be added to that list.

    I'd say Phil Dawson haha since we only care about making field goals, so he'll be around forever!

    Seriously Cleveland fans have to buy the most jerseys out of any sports city. They only have a lifespan of 2-years max, before you have to get the duct tape out and cover up the name

    Why buy anyone's jersey? I am a Browns fan, I don't own a single goddam jersey. A fucking complete waste of money. Just go to any store that sells Browns gear and buy a hat, jacket, t-shirt, muffler, sweat pants, whatever. Generic stuff.

    If you HAVE to have a players jersey, there are plenty of #32s you can buy, or #76, or #14.

    Those would be the only ones I would consider.

    (yea, they are the retired jerseys of Jim Brown, Lou Groza, and Otto Graham)

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    Do they even ask people what they think?

    I liked the Reebok hats, yes they made some ugly ass ones but for the most part they were nice and fit well. New Era hats are ugly and the worst fitting hats out there.

    Maybe they went to the pubs on a friday night in Buffalo and asked the locals what they thought of the hats, only way i can see people liking them.

    @b86b said:

    I liked the Reebok hats, yes they made some ugly ass ones but for the most part they were nice and fit well. New Era hats are ugly and the worst fitting hats out there.

    Maybe they went to the pubs on a friday night in Buffalo and asked the locals what they thought of the hats, only way i can see people liking them.

    What happened to the plain black hat with the logo on it. That is why I haven't bought a hat in 8 years.

  • Nothing new.

    Seahawks jerseys are ugly, though.

  • Apka-abCMAECl7s.jpg

    Have to say pretty disappointed after all the rumours going round about major changes, but hey knew Browns weren't going to change much