Skip to content

New Nike Uniforms

The Browns Board
58 27 3.6k
  • Well... that was a big build up for a bunch of nothing...

  • @mld-woody said:

    Is that future Denards jersey?

    As for jerseys that don't work anymore... I got a decent span out of my Edwards jersey haha

    That is Josh Cribbs. Though, since Ghoolie has been asking to replace Cribbs, maybe the Browns could use one of their 7th rounders on Denard and he can return kicks and punts.

    @the-gipper said:

    That is Josh Cribbs. Though, since Ghoolie has been asking to replace Cribbs, maybe the Browns could use one of their 7th rounders on Denard and he can return kicks and punts.

    Denard isn't coming out this year.

  • @hoorta said:

    Depends if you want a "replica" or a game day. The real on-field stuff is expensive, and IMHO doesn't fit as nice as the replicas. The real jerseys are cut for shoulder pads- I usually don't wear pads to tailgates. 🙂 The knock offs are usually well under $100 bucks, the gamedays over $200. If you were ever going to buy one, now would be the time, as NFLShop will be dumping all the Reebok stuff.

    OK, sure. If in fact you purchase a jersey worn in a game, then I would expect it to be more. That is in effect a piece of "Memorabilia" rather than just an apparell purchase.

    I would think that a game worn jersey of Otto Graham's from the 40s/50s would bring quite a bit more than $140.00

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, sure. If in fact you purchase a jersey worn in a game, then I would expect it to be more. That is in effect a piece of "Memorabilia" rather than just an apparell purchase.

    I would think that a game worn jersey of Otto Graham's from the 40s/50s would bring quite a bit more than $140.00

    Not sure if you are joking or not but ...

    No, there is a difference between "gameday" which is basically a replica of what the players wear on ... you guessed it gameday. And "Game worn" which is an actual game word jersey and a piece of memorabilia.

  • Here's a link to see what Cribbs looks like in our new Unis!

    http://www.nfl.com/photos/09000d5d8280d850#id:09000d5d8280d94b

  • @the-gipper said:

    OK, sure. If in fact you purchase a jersey worn in a game, then I would expect it to be more. That is in effect a piece of "Memorabilia" rather than just an apparell purchase.

    I would think that a game worn jersey of Otto Graham's from the 40s/50s would bring quite a bit more than $140.00

    Not sure if you are joking or not but ...

    No, there is a difference between "gameday" which is basically a replica of what the players wear on ... you guessed it gameday. And "Game worn" which is an actual game word jersey and a piece of memorabilia.

    @jnuh said:

    Not sure if you are joking or not but ...

    No, there is a difference between "gameday" which is basically a replica of what the players wear on ... you guessed it gameday. And "Game worn" which is an actual game word jersey and a piece of memorabilia.

    Yes, I suppose I confused Gip. The correct terms are "replica" and "authentic". The "authentics" are identical to what an NFL player actually wears when he goes out on the field, the replicas aren't. Differences? Different materials, the authentics are cut for shoulder pads, (usually- a few teams silk screen) have sewn on letter & numbers as opposed to iron-on for the replicas, and have elastic grippers at the arm holes. Now if you have an "authentic" that was actually worn in a game and autographed by said player- depending on who it was- it could be worth a a lot- a real lot- as memorabilia. I'm sure there would be a few Steeler fans that would shell out as much as necessary if Ben R. autographed the jersey worn when he won the SB, and put it up for sale on e-Bay. 🙂

  • @the-gipper said:

    Wouldn't current players jerseys be just as much? At that price, definitely FTS.

    Naw I sell jerseys for a few extra bucks while im at college. I can get current jerseys for like 30 bucks from china and resell for like 80 to 90 but getting old jerseys are only made by the actual US companies which charge out the ass.

    @baybrownsfan said:

    Naw I sell jerseys for a few extra bucks while im at college. I can get current jerseys for like 30 bucks from china and resell for like 80 to 90 but getting old jerseys are only made by the actual US companies which charge out the ass.

    You had better be careful if the stuff isn't NFL licensed. Big Brother Goodell and his posse take a dim view of counterfeit merchandise.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Wouldn't current players jerseys be just as much? At that price, definitely FTS.

    Naw I sell jerseys for a few extra bucks while im at college. I can get current jerseys for like 30 bucks from china and resell for like 80 to 90 but getting old jerseys are only made by the actual US companies which charge out the ass.

    @baybrownsfan said:

    Naw I sell jerseys for a few extra bucks while im at college. I can get current jerseys for like 30 bucks from china and resell for like 80 to 90 but getting old jerseys are only made by the actual US companies which charge out the ass.

    wow...

    i bet youre proud too....

  • Great, help the Chinese companies make money who use child labor to make the shirts. Very Collegiate of you.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Is that future Denards jersey?

    As for jerseys that don't work anymore... I got a decent span out of my Edwards jersey haha

    That is Josh Cribbs. Though, since Ghoolie has been asking to replace Cribbs, maybe the Browns could use one of their 7th rounders on Denard and he can return kicks and punts.

    @the-gipper said:

    That is Josh Cribbs. Though, since Ghoolie has been asking to replace Cribbs, maybe the Browns could use one of their 7th rounders on Denard and he can return kicks and punts.

    You know how happy that would make me if we did that next year?

    I'll go make a custom jersey with Robinson and 16 on the back. I think they're like $185 and it would be completely worth it.

  • No change is good change, we should stay completely traditional until after we have won a superbowl and then perhaps modernize with the swirly neon shit like every other team in the league..

    There is nothing ugly about our colors or uniform it is what it is and i cant wait until this team actually plays like former teams that have worn these colors before them..

  • @the-gipper said:

    OK, sure. If in fact you purchase a jersey worn in a game, then I would expect it to be more. That is in effect a piece of "Memorabilia" rather than just an apparell purchase.

    I would think that a game worn jersey of Otto Graham's from the 40s/50s would bring quite a bit more than $140.00

    Not sure if you are joking or not but ...

    No, there is a difference between "gameday" which is basically a replica of what the players wear on ... you guessed it gameday. And "Game worn" which is an actual game word jersey and a piece of memorabilia.

    @jnuh said:

    Not sure if you are joking or not but ...

    No, there is a difference between "gameday" which is basically a replica of what the players wear on ... you guessed it gameday. And "Game worn" which is an actual game word jersey and a piece of memorabilia.

    I wasn't really joking. I guess I don't know enough about this apparell market to know what I don't know. But what I am gathering is that you have the following:

    A. A jersey, which is just a big pullover shirt basically for sale to yabos that have nothing better to do with their money

    B. A gameday jersey, which is cut differently...to match those worn by players, but which was never actually worn by a player

    C. A Gameworn Jersey, which is a jersey that was actually worn by a player in a real NFL game.

    Is that how it goes?

    Question: Do the player recycle the jerseys they wear in games or do they get a new jersey for every game? What are done with the ones that are worn when they are no longer used in a games? Do the players get to keep them? Does the team demand them back for sale on the Memorabilia market in order to make money from them?

    Anyone know?

  • @the-gipper said:

    That is Josh Cribbs. Though, since Ghoolie has been asking to replace Cribbs, maybe the Browns could use one of their 7th rounders on Denard and he can return kicks and punts.

    You know how happy that would make me if we did that next year?

    I'll go make a custom jersey with Robinson and 16 on the back. I think they're like $185 and it would be completely worth it.

    @mld-woody said:

    You know how happy that would make me if we did that next year?

    I'll go make a custom jersey with Robinson and 16 on the back. I think they're like $185 and it would be completely worth it.

    Why do you think Cribbs would give up his number? If that were to happen, Robinson would have to change numbers. He could go to just #6.

  • No change is good change, we should stay completely traditional until after we have won a superbowl and then perhaps modernize with the swirly neon shit like every other team in the league..

    There is nothing ugly about our colors or uniform it is what it is and i cant wait until this team actually plays like former teams that have worn these colors before them..

    @gips said:

    No change is good change, we should stay completely traditional until after we have won a superbowl and then perhaps modernize with the swirly neon shit like every other team in the league..

    There is nothing ugly about our colors or uniform it is what it is and i cant wait until this team actually plays like former teams that have worn these colors before them..

    There is nothing about the uniforms that the team winning wouldn't solve.

  • Great, help the Chinese companies make money who use child labor to make the shirts. Very Collegiate of you.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Great, help the Chinese companies make money who use child labor to make the shirts. Very Collegiate of you.

    So you've never in you're entire life purchased or owned anything from overseas? All he's doing is what ever single American company has been doing for decades. Hell he's probably learning more about business buying and reselling those jerseys then he actually will in and economic class.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Great, help the Chinese companies make money who use child labor to make the shirts. Very Collegiate of you.

    So you've never in you're entire life purchased or owned anything from overseas? All he's doing is what ever single American company has been doing for decades. Hell he's probably learning more about business buying and reselling those jerseys then he actually will in and economic class.

    @taco918 said:

    So you've never in you're entire life purchased or owned anything from overseas? All he's doing is what ever single American company has been doing for decades. Hell he's probably learning more about business buying and reselling those jerseys then he actually will in and economic class.

    Who said don't buy anything from overseas? Just checked- my NFL licensed replica jersey was made in Korea. Have a nice Nalini team cycling jacket from Italy. Heck, Nike's "real" stuff is made in either Malaysia, Sri Lanka, or wherever they can pay people 10 cents an hour to make it.

    The counterfeit clothes industry is big business- and it's not limited to NFL merchandise. I'm not saying don't buy it, if it's not against your conscience, but I wouldn't- just to save a few bucks.

  • @taco918 said:

    So you've never in you're entire life purchased or owned anything from overseas? All he's doing is what ever single American company has been doing for decades. Hell he's probably learning more about business buying and reselling those jerseys then he actually will in and economic class.

    Who said don't buy anything from overseas? Just checked- my NFL licensed replica jersey was made in Korea. Have a nice Nalini team cycling jacket from Italy. Heck, Nike's "real" stuff is made in either Malaysia, Sri Lanka, or wherever they can pay people 10 cents an hour to make it.

    The counterfeit clothes industry is big business- and it's not limited to NFL merchandise. I'm not saying don't buy it, if it's not against your conscience, but I wouldn't- just to save a few bucks.

    @hoorta said:

    Who said don't buy anything from overseas? Just checked- my NFL licensed replica jersey was made in Korea. Have a nice Nalini team cycling jacket from Italy. Heck, Nike's "real" stuff is made in either Malaysia, Sri Lanka, or wherever they can pay people 10 cents an hour to make it.

    The counterfeit clothes industry is big business- and it's not limited to NFL merchandise. I'm not saying don't buy it, if it's not against your conscience, but I wouldn't- just to save a few bucks.

    Honestly I'd rather spend my money on a knock off jersey knowing its going to a college kid who more then likely needs the money instead of a multi-billion dollar corporation which is able to jack up the price due to them being the sole provider, especially when they both are using the same basic business model. Throw in that the consumer is saving money by buying the knock off and its a win-win in my book. Its not like Nike or the NFL is going to go bankrupt because of it. Don't get me wrong I get where you're coming from but I personally don't feel compelled to help out the big guy over the small guy, especially when their ethical business practices are on the same level. Just my opinion.

  • espn is having a vote on the best classic jersey...first up browns vs jets....GO VOTE

    http://www.profootballhof.com/interactive/jersey-showdown.aspx?module=HP11_content_stream

  • We're losing right now 54 to 46%... Let's go Brownies!

  • On a side note about the new uniforms... The GreenBay Packers have rejected the new uniform designs from Nike. Not only that but they have also opted to pass on having the new tech uniforms altogether. They will use the same uniforms as they have in seasons past...

    Why are they doing this? Aren't the new uniforms supposed to be lighter, allow more range of movement and other advantages?

  • On a side note about the new uniforms... The GreenBay Packers have rejected the new uniform designs from Nike. Not only that but they have also opted to pass on having the new tech uniforms altogether. They will use the same uniforms as they have in seasons past...

    Why are they doing this? Aren't the new uniforms supposed to be lighter, allow more range of movement and other advantages?

    @poeticg said:

    On a side note about the new uniforms... The GreenBay Packers have rejected the new uniform designs from Nike. Not only that but they have also opted to pass on having the new tech uniforms altogether. They will use the same uniforms as they have in seasons past...

    Why are they doing this? Aren't the new uniforms supposed to be lighter, allow more range of movement and other advantages?

    Well considering the success they've had the past few years there's no point in fixing something that ain't broke.