Obama/holder Justice Department Persecutes Medical Marijuana Patients
-
The Obama/Holder Justice Department is continuing its persecution of medical marijuana patients.
Today it raided the hub of the California medical marijuana movement, a center in Oakland that's called Oaksterdam University.
Will you click here to demand that Obama and Holder stop persecuting medical marijuana patients?
Here's a report from Jesse, a Demand Progress member and activist:
I'm so sad. I'm almost speechless. All day on facebook and ustream I've been watching my close friends, who I hang out with all the time, being verbally and physically abused by federal police.
The police arrested Rich, pushed Danielle, knocked over Steph, and hit Mischa with a car. All four are patients and activists. All this abuse and violence was paid for with my federal tax dollars.
Oaksterdam was founded in 2007 and offers classes on the cultivation, health, and legal issues related to medical marijuana.
These attacks directly contradict repeated promises that Obama made during the 2008 campaign -- statements like, "I would not have the Justice Department prosecuting and raiding medical marijuana users. It's not a good use of our resources." (August 21, 2007, event in Nashua, New Hampshire)
Thanks for fighting for our freedoms.
-Demand Progress
PS: Please urge your friends to join our cause. You can vote up this link on Reddit and forward this email or use these links:

-
There are more pressing issues Obama.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login