Skip to content

How Is This For The First 3 Picks?

The Browns Board
41 20 1.8k
  • If Kalil is there at 4 draft him. You then have 2 great bookend tackles for the next 4 to 5 years. Take best WR at 22. I would prefer Hill. Then at 37 best available RB since this draft is deep with RB's.

    Just an idea I wanted to throw out there and get your thoughts on it.

    Thomaspro

  • If Kalil is there at 4 draft him. You then have 2 great bookend tackles for the next 4 to 5 years. Take best WR at 22. I would prefer Hill. Then at 37 best available RB since this draft is deep with RB's.

    Just an idea I wanted to throw out there and get your thoughts on it.

    Thomaspro

    @thomaspro said:

    If Kalil is there at 4 draft him. You then have 2 great bookend tackles for the next 4 to 5 years. Take best WR at 22. I would prefer Hill. Then at 37 best available RB since this draft is deep with RB's.

    Just an idea I wanted to throw out there and get your thoughts on it.

    Thomaspro

    I don't think very highly of it.

    Here is what I predict the Browns will do. Among their first 3 picks will be a WR, a RT, a CB or a FS....but the RT will not be at #4.

    (yes, no QB, no RB)

  • Well. I do think we should not take a QB. Colt deserves another year with actual weapons around him and a actual RT. Not revolving door Pashos.

  • pretty sure we won't get any of those players..this would make me a lot happier

    Blackmon

    Jefferies

    Adams

    Mcnutt

    Turbin

    Kirk Cousins

    T. Johnson

    Malik Jackson

    Bentley

    Jarius Wright

    Bryce Brown

    Janzen Jackson

    Danny Coale

  • If I hear another person talk about drafting a RT at #4 I am going to go ape shit. Personally I think the best true RT is the draft is Massie and he will be available at #37. #4 and #22 should be used on offensive skill players. Whether thats a RB/WR, WR/RB, WR/WR I don't care but a RT at #4 is offensive suicide.

  • If I hear another person talk about drafting a RT at #4 I am going to go ape shit. Personally I think the best true RT is the draft is Massie and he will be available at #37. #4 and #22 should be used on offensive skill players. Whether thats a RB/WR, WR/RB, WR/WR I don't care but a RT at #4 is offensive suicide.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    If I hear another person talk about drafting a RT at #4 I am going to go ape shit. Personally I think the best true RT is the draft is Massie and he will be available at #37. #4 and #22 should be used on offensive skill players. Whether thats a RB/WR, WR/RB, WR/WR I don't care but a RT at #4 is offensive suicide.

    Yeah I dont understand this whole drafting a RT at #4. Makes zero since to me when we can get a good RT later.

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    If I hear another person talk about drafting a RT at #4 I am going to go ape shit. Personally I think the best true RT is the draft is Massie and he will be available at #37. #4 and #22 should be used on offensive skill players. Whether thats a RB/WR, WR/RB, WR/WR I don't care but a RT at #4 is offensive suicide.

    Yeah I dont understand this whole drafting a RT at #4. Makes zero since to me when we can get a good RT later.

    @runyon27 said:

    Yeah I dont understand this whole drafting a RT at #4. Makes zero since to me when we can get a good RT later.

    It is the concept of taking the Best Player Available. If Kalil is actually still there at #4 it is highly probable that he will be considered the BPA on just about everybody's board.

    Sure it doesn't make since (sic....are you from Tennessee?) to draft an LT that high and try to put him at RT...but you never know.

  • @runyon27 said:

    Yeah I dont understand this whole drafting a RT at #4. Makes zero since to me when we can get a good RT later.

    It is the concept of taking the Best Player Available. If Kalil is actually still there at #4 it is highly probable that he will be considered the BPA on just about everybody's board.

    Sure it doesn't make since (sic....are you from Tennessee?) to draft an LT that high and try to put him at RT...but you never know.

    @the-gipper said:

    It is the concept of taking the Best Player Available. If Kalil is actually still there at #4 it is highly probable that he will be considered the BPA on just about everybody's board.

    Sure it doesn't make since (sic....are you from Tennessee?) to draft an LT that high and try to put him at RT...but you never know.

    No reason a LT can't be a stud RT.

  • @the-gipper said:

    It is the concept of taking the Best Player Available. If Kalil is actually still there at #4 it is highly probable that he will be considered the BPA on just about everybody's board.

    Sure it doesn't make since (sic....are you from Tennessee?) to draft an LT that high and try to put him at RT...but you never know.

    No reason a LT can't be a stud RT.

    @baybrownsfan said:

    No reason a LT can't be a stud RT.

    No reason to spend that high of a pick on a RT

  • @baybrownsfan said:

    No reason a LT can't be a stud RT.

    No reason to spend that high of a pick on a RT

    @harry-buffalo said:

    No reason to spend that high of a pick on a RT

    I agree 100%. Pick 4 MUST be an offensive playmaker, & that's Trich, IMHO.

    Mike

  • Kalil is going to command Thomas type bucks, so in part the question has to be, "can you afford to pay a stud LT salary to play RT?" I think the answer is pretty obvious...

    If Kalil falls to us, our phone will ring off the hook... and we will answer it.

    I don't like Hill at 22... I tag Floyd in Round 1 either with the 1st Rnd pick I get trading down our #4 or by reinvesting some of the accumulated picks to get the #22 back up in Floyd-ville...

  • The Browns can do whatever they want AFTER they take Richardson at 4... after that, it's a wrap.

  • The Browns can do whatever they want AFTER they take Richardson at 4... after that, it's a wrap.

    @poeticg said:

    The Browns can do whatever they want AFTER they take Richardson at 4... after that, it's a wrap.

    I agree........he gives the offense a huge boost, and there will be good receivers all through the draft.

  • I would be surprised by Kalil at 4 but not angry. The only thing that would make me angry is a QB (T-hill) at 4. I would be OK with Claiborne at 4 if the next pick and 3 rounds that follow were on offence. To me, that would just mean he was too good to pass up. I could see a trade to fall back a few spots and I would not be angry if they did that. So many options!

    I don't think this team can really just draft bpa w/o consideration to position. I think they will look to pug holes and see the draft as a whole. If it's deep in a position (not much drop-off), or if the position is not that important, they will draft a player there later in the rounds of the draft. So it depends on how they see draft and the positions of need, QB, WR, RB, FB, LT, OLB, DB, S, DE - that's 9 spots where we have needs. We need some of these more than others. Some of these positions are more important than others, and some of the players in the draft are far more talented than the next best.

    If they draft at 4, it's gotta be Blackmon, Richardson, or Claiborne. If it's not Blackmon, they'll go WR at 22 and RT in the second round. I think it's about BPA at that point. So perhaps the question we should be trying to answer is how much better are these three players over who would be available to us at 22. And remember WCO - so they have to be better as viewed from our system.

    In heckert we trust!

  • Of course, I want Trich at 4, & since WR is one of the deepest positions in the draft, I go Fleener (Stanford TE) at 22. After all, we have Watson, who has been valuable but is almost done due mostly to multiple concussions, Moore (who can't or won't block) Cameron, who is still very raw & Smith. Fleener is a polished & very good TE for our WCO & we can still get a good WR or 2 later. Second round on I leave to Heckert, but they WILL draft another QB somewhere in the draft. I hope that's either Weeden, Cousins, or Foles, but we'll see.

    Mike

  • My Needs List:

    1)RB

    2)RT

    3)WR

    4)OLB

    5)FS

    6)CB

    7)FB

    8)QB

  • I like Brock Osweiler for a backup project QB. He's young and really tall. Good arm and Mobile. Where do you guys think he'd fall?

  • I would be surprised by Kalil at 4 but not angry. The only thing that would make me angry is a QB (T-hill) at 4. I would be OK with Claiborne at 4 if the next pick and 3 rounds that follow were on offence. To me, that would just mean he was too good to pass up. I could see a trade to fall back a few spots and I would not be angry if they did that. So many options!

    I don't think this team can really just draft bpa w/o consideration to position. I think they will look to pug holes and see the draft as a whole. If it's deep in a position (not much drop-off), or if the position is not that important, they will draft a player there later in the rounds of the draft. So it depends on how they see draft and the positions of need, QB, WR, RB, FB, LT, OLB, DB, S, DE - that's 9 spots where we have needs. We need some of these more than others. Some of these positions are more important than others, and some of the players in the draft are far more talented than the next best.

    If they draft at 4, it's gotta be Blackmon, Richardson, or Claiborne. If it's not Blackmon, they'll go WR at 22 and RT in the second round. I think it's about BPA at that point. So perhaps the question we should be trying to answer is how much better are these three players over who would be available to us at 22. And remember WCO - so they have to be better as viewed from our system.

    In heckert we trust!

    @frenchie said:

    I would be surprised by Kalil at 4 but not angry. The only thing that would make me angry is a QB (T-hill) at 4. I would be OK with Claiborne at 4 if the next pick and 3 rounds that follow were on offence. To me, that would just mean he was too good to pass up. I could see a trade to fall back a few spots and I would not be angry if they did that. So many options!

    I don't think this team can really just draft bpa w/o consideration to position. I think they will look to pug holes and see the draft as a whole. If it's deep in a position (not much drop-off), or if the position is not that important, they will draft a player there later in the rounds of the draft. So it depends on how they see draft and the positions of need, QB, WR, RB, FB, LT, OLB, DB, S,DE - that's 9 spots where we have needs. We need some of these more than others. Some of these positions are more important than others, and some of the players in the draft are far more talented than the next best.

    If they draft at 4, it's gotta be Blackmon, Richardson, or Claiborne. If it's not Blackmon, they'll go WR at 22 and RT in the second round. I think it's about BPA at that point. So perhaps the question we should be trying to answer is how much better are these three players over who would be available to us at 22. And remember WCO - so they have to be better as viewed from our system.

    In heckert we trust!

    What I marked red we don't don't need. They just drafted Marecic last season in the 4th round, they won't draft another FB unless it's with one of those comp 7th rounders and that is very unlikely. Regardless of what you think of the guy they are not going to give up on a guy they drafted to be the starter after one season. LT obviously also isn't a need. We could use some depth yes but it's still not pressing, especially when you consider that Thomas has never missed a game due to injury. RT and G are more likely to be looked at before LT depth.

    Now I marked DB, S, and DE blue because you are confusing me. First DB covers literally CB, SS, and FS and S covers SS and FS soooo your saying our strength last year is a huge need? I'll admit that we need to address CB or FS at some point in the draft but it's not such a need that we NEED to take someone. Claiborne is an option just because he could be BPA. I think that is the only way we take a DB before round 4 is if someone they like falls to them. Now DE DEFINITELY isn't going to be drafted unless someone they like falls to them, as in they won't be taking a DE cause there is a guy they like and they don't think he will be there with their next pick. If someone falls to them and he is on top of the board they will grab him up, but with our FA signings Heckert has told us NO big DE draft pick is going to happen.

  • Personally I think the best true RT is the draft is Massie and he will be available at #37

    ********************************************

    I was picking Bobby Massie in the third... but he's going to go in the second, especially

    after Pinkston talked about him changing his strength, agility, etc, at the oline camp.

    Trent Richardson at 4 is a no brainer. As much as I like Doug Martin -

    he's not the elite talent that Richardson is.

    The Browns will draft him because they play in Cleveland, because he IS all that and more.

    He is a major no risk.

    Besides, picking a LT at four, to play RT? Sure he can. But it isn't necessary.

  • What about a trade scenario with Tampa where they can move up to get Richardson but we get Blount?

    If Kalil falls to us at 4 we really have to strongly considering trading back