How Is This For The First 3 Picks?
-
Personally I think the best true RT is the draft is Massie and he will be available at #37
********************************************
I was picking Bobby Massie in the third... but he's going to go in the second, especially
after Pinkston talked about him changing his strength, agility, etc, at the oline camp.
Trent Richardson at 4 is a no brainer. As much as I like Doug Martin -
he's not the elite talent that Richardson is.
The Browns will draft him because they play in Cleveland, because he IS all that and more.
He is a major no risk.
Besides, picking a LT at four, to play RT? Sure he can. But it isn't necessary.
-
What about a trade scenario with Tampa where they can move up to get Richardson but we get Blount?
If Kalil falls to us at 4 we really have to strongly considering trading back
-
If we take Kalil at 4 it damn well better be because we couldn't get a trade done in time. Taking Kalil would be slightly less disappointing then taking Tannehill. Blackmon, Claiborne, or Richardson are the only acceptable picks at 4. With that said I'm expecting us to trade up to 3 to take Tannehill.
-
I would be surprised by Kalil at 4 but not angry. The only thing that would make me angry is a QB (T-hill) at 4. I would be OK with Claiborne at 4 if the next pick and 3 rounds that follow were on offence. To me, that would just mean he was too good to pass up. I could see a trade to fall back a few spots and I would not be angry if they did that. So many options!
I don't think this team can really just draft bpa w/o consideration to position. I think they will look to pug holes and see the draft as a whole. If it's deep in a position (not much drop-off), or if the position is not that important, they will draft a player there later in the rounds of the draft. So it depends on how they see draft and the positions of need, QB, WR, RB, FB, LT, OLB, DB, S,DE - that's 9 spots where we have needs. We need some of these more than others. Some of these positions are more important than others, and some of the players in the draft are far more talented than the next best.
If they draft at 4, it's gotta be Blackmon, Richardson, or Claiborne. If it's not Blackmon, they'll go WR at 22 and RT in the second round. I think it's about BPA at that point. So perhaps the question we should be trying to answer is how much better are these three players over who would be available to us at 22. And remember WCO - so they have to be better as viewed from our system.
In heckert we trust!
What I marked red we don't don't need. They just drafted Marecic last season in the 4th round, they won't draft another FB unless it's with one of those comp 7th rounders and that is very unlikely. Regardless of what you think of the guy they are not going to give up on a guy they drafted to be the starter after one season. LT obviously also isn't a need. We could use some depth yes but it's still not pressing, especially when you consider that Thomas has never missed a game due to injury. RT and G are more likely to be looked at before LT depth.
Now I marked DB, S, and DE blue because you are confusing me. First DB covers literally CB, SS, and FS and S covers SS and FS soooo your saying our strength last year is a huge need? I'll admit that we need to address CB or FS at some point in the draft but it's not such a need that we NEED to take someone. Claiborne is an option just because he could be BPA. I think that is the only way we take a DB before round 4 is if someone they like falls to them. Now DE DEFINITELY isn't going to be drafted unless someone they like falls to them, as in they won't be taking a DE cause there is a guy they like and they don't think he will be there with their next pick. If someone falls to them and he is on top of the board they will grab him up, but with our FA signings Heckert has told us NO big DE draft pick is going to happen.
What I marked red we don't don't need. They just drafted Marecic last season in the 4th round, they won't draft another FB unless it's with one of those comp 7th rounders and that is very unlikely. Regardless of what you think of the guy they are not going to give up on a guy they drafted to be the starter after one season. LT obviously also isn't a need. We could use some depth yes but it's still not pressing, especially when you consider that Thomas has never missed a game due to injury. RT and G are more likely to be looked at before LT depth.
Now I marked DB, S, and DE blue because you are confusing me. First DB covers literally CB, SS, and FS and S covers SS and FS soooo your saying our strength last year is a huge need? I'll admit that we need to address CB or FS at some point in the draft but it's not such a need that we NEED to take someone. Claiborne is an option just because he could be BPA. I think that is the only way we take a DB before round 4 is if someone they like falls to them. Now DE DEFINITELY isn't going to be drafted unless someone they like falls to them, as in they won't be taking a DE cause there is a guy they like and they don't think he will be there with their next pick. If someone falls to them and he is on top of the board they will grab him up, but with our FA signings Heckert has told us NO big DE draft pick is going to happen.
I apologize, I meant to say RT not LT and yes, I was saying CB and FS and agree that they are a need but not necessarily a huge need. I'm not saying anything that hasn't already been discussed on this board as a need numerous times - to one degree or another. I was just saying that there are too many holes not to consider positions as well as BPA and to look at the draft as a whole, rather than BPA at a particular pick. I've heard people talk about TE as well, so we could add that position as number 10. Also, I read that DE could still happen in the late rounds as a developmental project or pass rusher depth. And I also read that a punter could be drafted in the 7th round. As for Marecic, I've got to wonder if he's going to be good enough for them next year.
Another point I was trying to make is that if they pass on somebody at a position of need - say Richardson. Well, it might be because they think they can get someone later on without a huge drop off. So for our pick at 4, it might not be the person as much as the drop off.
-
If we take Kalil at 4 it damn well better be because we couldn't get a trade done in time. Taking Kalil would be slightly less disappointing then taking Tannehill. Blackmon, Claiborne, or Richardson are the only acceptable picks at 4. With that said I'm expecting us to trade up to 3 to take Tannehill.
If we take Kalil at 4 it damn well better be because we couldn't get a trade done in time. Taking Kalil would be slightly less disappointing then taking Tannehill. Blackmon, Claiborne, or Richardson are the only acceptable picks at 4. With that said I'm expecting us to trade up to 3 to take Tannehill.
LOL - I don't see that happening. But if another team does trade for T-hill, that will set up the Browns nicely to either trade down or make a great pick between K, B, C, or R. I don't think they'll take K or B, C only if he's pro-bowl material. Likely pick will be Richardson. It's also the less risky - I think.
-
Better trade up to get RG3.
Trade everything to get that guy.
CLE's defense is good enough to keep them in all their games.
All they need is a QB and a few Free Agents to catch some balls.
-
It is the concept of taking the Best Player Available. If Kalil is actually still there at #4 it is highly probable that he will be considered the BPA on just about everybody's board.
Sure it doesn't make since (sic....are you from Tennessee?) to draft an LT that high and try to put him at RT...but you never know.
No reason a LT can't be a stud RT.
No reason a LT can't be a stud RT.
Sure, but not if the LT is drafted that high. You might do that with a 3rd rounder, but not a #4 overall pick,
-
Better trade up to get RG3.
Trade everything to get that guy.
CLE's defense is good enough to keep them in all their games.
All they need is a QB and a few Free Agents to catch some balls.
Better trade up to get RG3.
Trade everything to get that guy.
CLE's defense is good enough to keep them in all their games.
All they need is a QB and a few Free Agents to catch some balls.
you are a total Retard.
-
Better trade up to get RG3.
Trade everything to get that guy.
CLE's defense is good enough to keep them in all their games.
All they need is a QB and a few Free Agents to catch some balls.
you are a total Retard.
-
ok, he is a fuckface.
how's that, mr. PC?
-
-
ok, he is a fuckface.
how's that, mr. PC?
Actually yes.
Its funny because he is fine with giving people concussions and purposely injuring other human beings. But apparently calling someone a Retard is wrong.
I'm fine with going toe to toe with someone who is mentally and physically competent. Making fun of the handicapped is fucked up.
-
ok, he is a fuckface.
how's that, mr. PC?
Actually yes.
Its funny because he is fine with giving people concussions and purposely injuring other human beings. But apparently calling someone a Retard is wrong.
I'm fine with going toe to toe with someone who is mentally and physically competent. Making fun of the handicapped is fucked up.
Making fun of the handicapped is fucked up.
i agree. but that's not what i was doing.
-
Its funny because he is fine with giving people concussions and purposely injuring other human beings. But apparently calling someone a Retard is wrong.
Better yet all those concussions can make you Retarded, just look at jim McMahon or is it harbaugh, either way that dude is fucked up for real because of all the concussions
-
Making fun of the handicapped is fucked up.
i agree. but that's not what i was doing.
i agree. but that's not what i was doing.
I know that is not how you were using it but that is what the word represents. It's like the N word for black people. I don't want to get in this whole argument on here again I would just appreciate people not using it. Just call him fuck face

-
I just don't like an O-Lineman taken that high. We need someone to score touchdowns, and the line won't do that. The way I see it Colt can have 30 minutes to throw, but if there's no one to catch the ball what good is all that time? Only upside is that a good line will make a bad RB look good.
-
i agree. but that's not what i was doing.
I know that is not how you were using it but that is what the word represents. It's like the N word for black people. I don't want to get in this whole argument on here again I would just appreciate people not using it. Just call him fuck face

I know that is not how you were using it but that is what the word represents. It's like the N word for black people. I don't want to get in this whole argument on here again I would just appreciate people not using it. Just call him fuck face

How about if you call him a R-egistered N-urse.
-
#4 - This shouldn't even need to be said anymore at this point, it's blatantly obvious that Trent Richardson is the pick. Go Browns.
#22- It seems Floyd will be gone by this pick... but if he's not then he's the pick. If gone, I would consider Kendall Wright. Yeah, so he's not as fast as we all would like, he's not as tall either... What he is though is a playmaker. The kid makes plays, he made RG3 the last 2 years and that's all he does is make plays. He's quick and shifty enough to get open and make separation from the DBs. He's got a good feel for where the ball is in the air. Across from Little or in the slot he will make plays. I think Little, Mitchell and Wright are a good 3 combo with Trent in the backfield...That said if Nick Perry falls to this spot I could see Heckert not being able to resist and drafting the DE outta USC. Yeah, we've got Frostee and Parker but Parker is old and Frostee is a stop gap for insurance since Heck had to shore up the position.
#37- Kevin Zeitler or Alshon Jeffery if he fall this far could be a good pickup for us.
Heckert said he could see 2 out of the 3 first picks on Offense which means he might go that DE route... maybe a stud Linebacker or a ballhawk safety, who knows... is it April 26th yet

-
If we trade back within the top 10:
1st: M. Floyd WR
1st: J. Martin OT
2nd: D. Martin RB
2nd: L. David OLB
This might be a bit of a stretch to get these guys at those slots, but also definitely possible.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login