Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Janoris Jenkins

Janoris Jenkins

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
17 Posts 14 Posters 916 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • ClevelandBigDawg C
    • 571 Posts
    • 8 Reputation
    C ClevelandBigDawg wrote on last edited by
    #1

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/12/janoris-jenkins-kept-smoking-at-north-alabama/

    Dude has the talent just makes dumb decisions. May be around in round 2 which would cause passing on Claiborne a great decision at pick 4 if we were to take him in 2.

    cribbs is the manC 7 2 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • C ClevelandBigDawg

      http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/12/janoris-jenkins-kept-smoking-at-north-alabama/

      Dude has the talent just makes dumb decisions. May be around in round 2 which would cause passing on Claiborne a great decision at pick 4 if we were to take him in 2.

      cribbs is the man cribbs is the manC
      • 272 Posts
      • 14 Reputation
      cribbs is the manC cribbs is the man wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @clevelandbigdawg said:

      http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/12/janoris-jenkins-kept-smoking-at-north-alabama/

      Dude has the talent just makes dumb decisions. May be around in round 2 which would cause passing on Claiborne a great decision at pick 4 if we were to take him in 2.

      Maybe I'm different than most people but weed doesn't bother me. I'd take him in the second if he interviewed well.. Do they even test for marijuana in the NFL?

      cambridgehoC C 2 Replies Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • cribbs is the manC cribbs is the man

        @clevelandbigdawg said:

        http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/12/janoris-jenkins-kept-smoking-at-north-alabama/

        Dude has the talent just makes dumb decisions. May be around in round 2 which would cause passing on Claiborne a great decision at pick 4 if we were to take him in 2.

        Maybe I'm different than most people but weed doesn't bother me. I'd take him in the second if he interviewed well.. Do they even test for marijuana in the NFL?

        cambridgeho cambridgehoC Very Popular Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 2k Posts
        • 139 Reputation
        cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @cribbs-is-the-man said:

        Maybe I'm different than most people but weed doesn't bother me. I'd take him in the second if he interviewed well.. Do they even test for marijuana in the NFL?

        He is a great talent. I think detroit will snag him in the 1st. They do not care about onfield or off field issues.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • cribbs is the manC cribbs is the man

          @clevelandbigdawg said:

          http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/12/janoris-jenkins-kept-smoking-at-north-alabama/

          Dude has the talent just makes dumb decisions. May be around in round 2 which would cause passing on Claiborne a great decision at pick 4 if we were to take him in 2.

          Maybe I'm different than most people but weed doesn't bother me. I'd take him in the second if he interviewed well.. Do they even test for marijuana in the NFL?

          ClevelandBigDawg C
          • 571 Posts
          • 8 Reputation
          C ClevelandBigDawg wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @cribbs-is-the-man said:

          Maybe I'm different than most people but weed doesn't bother me. I'd take him in the second if he interviewed well.. Do they even test for marijuana in the NFL?

          I think they test for it. Isnt that was Fred Davis and Trent Williams got in trouble for for the the Redskins?

          But I agree, weed doesn't bother me one bit. It should be legal.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • C ClevelandBigDawg

            http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/12/janoris-jenkins-kept-smoking-at-north-alabama/

            Dude has the talent just makes dumb decisions. May be around in round 2 which would cause passing on Claiborne a great decision at pick 4 if we were to take him in 2.

            7moses7 7 Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 1k Posts
            • 248 Reputation
            7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @clevelandbigdawg said:

            http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/12/janoris-jenkins-kept-smoking-at-north-alabama/

            Dude has the talent just makes dumb decisions. May be around in round 2 which would cause passing on Claiborne a great decision at pick 4 if we were to take him in 2.

            I'd pass,Iwould rather take Josh Robinson CB out of Centhal Florida who is 5-11 199 runs a 4.29 and doesn't have off field issues .

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • choco chocoC
              • 4k Posts
              • 352 Reputation
              chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Weed? Lmao....

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                • 3k Posts
                • 241 Reputation
                Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                #7

                If he fell to #37 and we didn't take Claiborne at #4 or anyone at CB at #22 then I think they take the chance on Jenkins. I don't think weed is bad either but the NFL does and all I am looking at are games he could potentially be suspended for if he gets caught again or fails a test.

                Ruining threads since 1897.
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Unsympathetic U Reacting Well Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 4k Posts
                  • 1k Reputation
                  U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
                  #8

                  Jenkins is a t10 talent, no doubt. Gilmore, Kirkpatrick, Robinson are cleaner characters but less talented. Straight-line speed has little to do with CB success, they're more about agility [deceleration] assuming the 40 is under 4.7 But all 4 of those are projected to go early.

                  However, I'm not seeing the Browns getting out of 4/22/37 any other way than RB, WR, OT - and the only thing that could change is the sequence of the picks.

                  I hope it's Blackmon/J Martin/D Martin, because I think D Martin will have a better career than Richardson.

                  The more labels you have for yourself, the dumber they make you. "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." Paul Brown
                  S miktoxicM 2 Replies Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • U Unsympathetic

                    Jenkins is a t10 talent, no doubt. Gilmore, Kirkpatrick, Robinson are cleaner characters but less talented. Straight-line speed has little to do with CB success, they're more about agility [deceleration] assuming the 40 is under 4.7 But all 4 of those are projected to go early.

                    However, I'm not seeing the Browns getting out of 4/22/37 any other way than RB, WR, OT - and the only thing that could change is the sequence of the picks.

                    I hope it's Blackmon/J Martin/D Martin, because I think D Martin will have a better career than Richardson.

                    SDBrownsFan S
                    • 126 Posts
                    • 4 Reputation
                    S SDBrownsFan wrote on last edited by SDBrownsFan
                    #9

                    @unsympathetic said:

                    Jenkins is a t10 talent, no doubt. Gilmore, Kirkpatrick, Robinson are cleaner characters but less talented. Straight-line speed has little to do with CB success, they're more about agility [deceleration] assuming the 40 is under 4.7 But all 4 of those are projected to go early.

                    However, I'm not seeing the Browns getting out of 4/22/37 any other way than RB, WR, OT - and the only thing that could change is the sequence of the picks.

                    I hope it's Blackmon/J Martin/D Martin, because I think D Martin will have a better career than Richardson.

                    There was a poster on the Kirkpatrick train- and I mentioned to him that he's probably the 4th best DB in this draft. If Jenkins plays (assuming he stays out of trouble and is healthy) IMO he will be the best corner in this draft.

                    I honestly think the Browns go BPA at 37 and someone falls that is a first round talent. So I'm not locked into the RB,RT, WR. I also think there is good WR talent in rounds 3-5. I hope its Vinny Curry at 37 I think he's every bit as good as Sheard. I'll take Sheard 2.0 with a 2nd round pick.

                    I'm also not convinced they make a pick at 22- possibly move down I think.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Taco918 T
                      • 1k Posts
                      • 94 Reputation
                      T Taco918 wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      I don't have a problem with pot but the fact that he knows he won't be able to do it in the NFL and continues to do it is a concern. He knows the risk, and if he doesn't he isn't too bright, but it hasn't been a deterrent for him. He's lost himself a couple mil just to get a lil high. If millions of dollars isn't enough to entice him to put down the blunt then he's probably someone to keep you're distance from.

                      cambridgehoC 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                        • 3k Posts
                        • 241 Reputation
                        Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        Well it's saying on NFL.com that he failed at least 2 drug tests while at Northern Alabama and that in the past year he has fathered something like 3 kids. Jesus. I don't see this guy maturing. He has to be completely off the Browns radar. Ironically I think his only hope in the NFL would be to team back up with big brother Haden.

                        Ruining threads since 1897.
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Canton Mike Canton MikeC
                          • 4k Posts
                          • 2k Reputation
                          Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          OK, I'm the 65 year old square here, & yes, I AM anti-weed & anti-drug.

                          Bottom line....NFL frowns upon weed usage, you are looking at a VERY rewarding financial future...if you use weed & risk that future, you're a complete DUMBASS!

                          I'll pass on him.

                          Mike

                          IN DORSEY I TRUST
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • U Unsympathetic

                            Jenkins is a t10 talent, no doubt. Gilmore, Kirkpatrick, Robinson are cleaner characters but less talented. Straight-line speed has little to do with CB success, they're more about agility [deceleration] assuming the 40 is under 4.7 But all 4 of those are projected to go early.

                            However, I'm not seeing the Browns getting out of 4/22/37 any other way than RB, WR, OT - and the only thing that could change is the sequence of the picks.

                            I hope it's Blackmon/J Martin/D Martin, because I think D Martin will have a better career than Richardson.

                            miktoxic miktoxicM
                            • 13k Posts
                            • 1k Reputation
                            miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @unsympathetic said:

                            I hope it's Blackmon/J Martin/D Martin, because I think D Martin will have a better career than Richardson.

                            ^this.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • ClevelandFanForLife ClevelandFanForLifeC One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 2k Posts
                              • 100 Reputation
                              ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              The question isn't should weed be legal. It's should we take a risk on a guy who loves weed. The fact is its illegal, period. If he can't stay off of it then I don't want him. If he's dumb enough to keep smoking it when he is making is making millions then he deserves to be suspended. It's illegal and you can't smoke it in the nfl. That's all that matters. Pass.

                              once a fan, always a fan. married to a steeler fan. aaaaaaaaah! --andy
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • T Taco918

                                I don't have a problem with pot but the fact that he knows he won't be able to do it in the NFL and continues to do it is a concern. He knows the risk, and if he doesn't he isn't too bright, but it hasn't been a deterrent for him. He's lost himself a couple mil just to get a lil high. If millions of dollars isn't enough to entice him to put down the blunt then he's probably someone to keep you're distance from.

                                cambridgeho cambridgehoC Very Popular Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 2k Posts
                                • 139 Reputation
                                cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @taco918 said:

                                I don't have a problem with pot but the fact that he knows he won't be able to do it in the NFL and continues to do it is a concern. He knows the risk, and if he doesn't he isn't too bright, but it hasn't been a deterrent for him. He's lost himself a couple mil just to get a lil high. If millions of dollars isn't enough to entice him to put down the blunt then he's probably someone to keep you're distance from.

                                Ricky Williams quit football to smoke weed, some people i guess do not have that reasonable thought process.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                  • 64k Posts
                                  • 8k Reputation
                                  C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  He's a waste of a pick, even if he tries to stay out of trouble.

                                  There is no way he fits Cleveland's locker room.

                                  Nice pick for the Raiders or Detroit, so they can wait for him

                                  to get killed or arrested.

                                  The Browns will not take the chance on a player like him, that high.

                                  Or lower. Solid picks. The Browns rolled the dice a lot in the past,

                                  and got burnt. Lesson learned. Forget it.

                                  Tour2maT 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • C calfoxwc

                                    He's a waste of a pick, even if he tries to stay out of trouble.

                                    There is no way he fits Cleveland's locker room.

                                    Nice pick for the Raiders or Detroit, so they can wait for him

                                    to get killed or arrested.

                                    The Browns will not take the chance on a player like him, that high.

                                    Or lower. Solid picks. The Browns rolled the dice a lot in the past,

                                    and got burnt. Lesson learned. Forget it.

                                    Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                    • 30k Posts
                                    • 6k Reputation
                                    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    Yup... Ricky was the NFL's pot poster boy...

                                    @calfoxwc said:

                                    The Browns will not take the chance on a player like him, that high.

                                    Very punny... 😁

                                    Maybe the kid has Glaucoma... 😳

                                    "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    👍
                                    Quote Reply

                                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                    Register Login
                                    Reply
                                    • Reply as topic
                                    Log in to reply
                                    • Oldest to Newest
                                    • Newest to Oldest
                                    • Most Votes


                                    Theme
                                    • System
                                    • Light
                                    • Dark
                                    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    0
                                    • Forums
                                    • Recent
                                    • Popular
                                    • Users
                                    • Donate