Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Trade Possibility

Trade Possibility

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
46 Posts 23 Posters 2.4k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
    • 57k Posts
    • 4k Reputation
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I am hearing rumors that the Browns and the Eagles may be involved in a trade.

    The Browns would trade their #4 overall to the Eagles in exchange for their #15 overall, plus the two second round picks that they have, thus the Browns would get back for #4:

    #15, #46, #51

    Giving them overall: #15, #22, #37, #46, #51.

    What do you think about them apples? Browns would have 5 of the top 51 picks. They could fill a lot of holes.

    runyon27R cribbs is the manC 3 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • The GipperT The Gipper

      I am hearing rumors that the Browns and the Eagles may be involved in a trade.

      The Browns would trade their #4 overall to the Eagles in exchange for their #15 overall, plus the two second round picks that they have, thus the Browns would get back for #4:

      #15, #46, #51

      Giving them overall: #15, #22, #37, #46, #51.

      What do you think about them apples? Browns would have 5 of the top 51 picks. They could fill a lot of holes.

      runyon27 runyon27R Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
      • 713 Posts
      • 180 Reputation
      runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @the-gipper said:

      I am hearing rumors that the Browns and the Eagles may be involved in a trade.

      The Browns would trade their #4 overall to the Eagles in exchange for their #15 overall, plus the two second round picks that they have, thus the Browns would get back for #4:

      #15, #46, #51

      Giving them overall: #15, #22, #37, #46, #51.

      What do you think about them apples? Browns would have 5 of the top 51 picks. They could fill a lot of holes.

      I would rather not trade back that far. I think the farthest I would go is from 4 to 6. Blackmon, Richardson and Floyd will probably all be gone by 15.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • ClevelandBigDawg C
        • 571 Posts
        • 8 Reputation
        C ClevelandBigDawg wrote on last edited by
        #3

        IDK. If Floyd is there, then I love it. If not, I'm not sure who we take there. It would probably be Tannehill which I dont want.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • The GipperT The Gipper

          I am hearing rumors that the Browns and the Eagles may be involved in a trade.

          The Browns would trade their #4 overall to the Eagles in exchange for their #15 overall, plus the two second round picks that they have, thus the Browns would get back for #4:

          #15, #46, #51

          Giving them overall: #15, #22, #37, #46, #51.

          What do you think about them apples? Browns would have 5 of the top 51 picks. They could fill a lot of holes.

          cribbs is the man cribbs is the manC
          • 272 Posts
          • 14 Reputation
          cribbs is the manC cribbs is the man wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @the-gipper said:

          I am hearing rumors that the Browns and the Eagles may be involved in a trade.

          The Browns would trade their #4 overall to the Eagles in exchange for their #15 overall, plus the two second round picks that they have, thus the Browns would get back for #4:

          #15, #46, #51

          Giving them overall: #15, #22, #37, #46, #51.

          What do you think about them apples? Browns would have 5 of the top 51 picks. They could fill a lot of holes.

          I love trading back... I'm looking at Kiper's 4.0 Mock Draft for relative player value and where theyd go. Obviously not an ideal way to think about it, but it gives me a guide:

          http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7766381/mel-kiper-fourth-mock-draft-two-rounds

          #15 J. Martin OT

          #22 K. Wright or S. Hill WR

          #37 L. David OLB

          #46 D. Martin RB

          #51 V. Curry DE or T. Johnson CB

          Looks pretty good to me except for that I'm not really sold on either of those WRs and we CANNOT go into next year without significant improvement at WR... Maybe give up our 3rd (and a 4th or 5th?) to move up a few spots and pick Floyd.

          The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • SDBrownsFan S
            • 126 Posts
            • 4 Reputation
            S SDBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Tannehill is going Top 10.

            I don't like this deal. I want the Eagles #1 next season a 2nd round pick this year and a player capable of starting for the #4 overall. I think that's fair.

            This gives the Browns back to back years with 2 first round picks and flexability to get a franchise QB next year.

            I'm sure the scouting is completed- if the FO thinks Doug Martin is on the heels of Richardson- I don't see what is holding back this type of deal.

            cribbs is the manC 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • S SDBrownsFan

              Tannehill is going Top 10.

              I don't like this deal. I want the Eagles #1 next season a 2nd round pick this year and a player capable of starting for the #4 overall. I think that's fair.

              This gives the Browns back to back years with 2 first round picks and flexability to get a franchise QB next year.

              I'm sure the scouting is completed- if the FO thinks Doug Martin is on the heels of Richardson- I don't see what is holding back this type of deal.

              cribbs is the man cribbs is the manC
              • 272 Posts
              • 14 Reputation
              cribbs is the manC cribbs is the man wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @sdbrownsfan said:

              Tannehill is going Top 10.

              I don't like this deal. I want the Eagles #1 next season a 2nd round pick this year and a player capable of starting for the #4 overall. I think that's fair.

              This gives the Browns back to back years with 2 first round picks and flexability to get a franchise QB next year.

              I'm sure the scouting is completed- if the FO thinks Doug Martin is on the heels of Richardson- I don't see what is holding back this type of deal.

              So youre saying not their 1st rounder this year? Interesting, I love having the extra ammo next year when we NEED to get that franchise QB and may need to trade up for him...

              The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                • 57k Posts
                • 4k Reputation
                The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                #7

                With this scenario these possibilities might exist:

                #15 Kendell Wright WR

                #22 Jonathon Martin OT

                #37 Janoris Jenkins CB

                #46 Either Lamar Miller or Doug Martin RBs

                #51 Either Lavonte David or Zach Brown LBs

                And in the third round perhaps a free safely: George Iloka?

                This would fill a lot of holes. Browns wouldn't get the "Superstar" but they might actually have a solid stock of talent.

                Plus they would have 7 more picks in rounds 4-7.

                cribbs is the manC PoeticGP S B D 5 Replies Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • The GipperT The Gipper

                  With this scenario these possibilities might exist:

                  #15 Kendell Wright WR

                  #22 Jonathon Martin OT

                  #37 Janoris Jenkins CB

                  #46 Either Lamar Miller or Doug Martin RBs

                  #51 Either Lavonte David or Zach Brown LBs

                  And in the third round perhaps a free safely: George Iloka?

                  This would fill a lot of holes. Browns wouldn't get the "Superstar" but they might actually have a solid stock of talent.

                  Plus they would have 7 more picks in rounds 4-7.

                  cribbs is the man cribbs is the manC
                  • 272 Posts
                  • 14 Reputation
                  cribbs is the manC cribbs is the man wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @the-gipper said:

                  With this scenario these possibilities might exist:

                  #15 Kendell Wright WR

                  #22 Jonathon Martin OT

                  #37 Janoris Jenkins CB

                  #46 Either Lamar Miller or Doug Martin RBs

                  #51 Either Lavonte David or Zach Brown LBs

                  And in the third round perhaps a free safely: George Iloka?

                  This would fill a lot of holes. Browns wouldn't get the "Superstar" but they might actually have a solid stock of talent.

                  Plus they would have 7 more picks in rounds 4-7.

                  I like it. I think Wright may be a bit overrated but thats for the FO to decide. Also I dont like Z. Brown, he doesnt have the instincts or strength and highly unlikely David drops that far...

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • cribbs is the manC cribbs is the man

                    @the-gipper said:

                    I am hearing rumors that the Browns and the Eagles may be involved in a trade.

                    The Browns would trade their #4 overall to the Eagles in exchange for their #15 overall, plus the two second round picks that they have, thus the Browns would get back for #4:

                    #15, #46, #51

                    Giving them overall: #15, #22, #37, #46, #51.

                    What do you think about them apples? Browns would have 5 of the top 51 picks. They could fill a lot of holes.

                    I love trading back... I'm looking at Kiper's 4.0 Mock Draft for relative player value and where theyd go. Obviously not an ideal way to think about it, but it gives me a guide:

                    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7766381/mel-kiper-fourth-mock-draft-two-rounds

                    #15 J. Martin OT

                    #22 K. Wright or S. Hill WR

                    #37 L. David OLB

                    #46 D. Martin RB

                    #51 V. Curry DE or T. Johnson CB

                    Looks pretty good to me except for that I'm not really sold on either of those WRs and we CANNOT go into next year without significant improvement at WR... Maybe give up our 3rd (and a 4th or 5th?) to move up a few spots and pick Floyd.

                    The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                    • 57k Posts
                    • 4k Reputation
                    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @cribbs-is-the-man said:

                    I love trading back... I'm looking at Kiper's 4.0 Mock Draft for relative player value and where theyd go. Obviously not an ideal way to think about it, but it gives me a guide:

                    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7766381/mel-kiper-fourth-mock-draft-two-rounds

                    #15 J. Martin OT

                    #22 K. Wright or S. Hill WR

                    #37 L. David OLB

                    #46 D. Martin RB

                    #51 V. Curry DE or T. Johnson CB

                    Looks pretty good to me except for that I'm not really sold on either of those WRs and we CANNOT go into next year without significant improvement at WR... Maybe give up our 3rd (and a 4th or 5th?) to move up a few spots and pick Floyd.

                    Our minds are thinking alike, though I think if you take Kendell Wright you ARE counting on him to improve the WR corps.

                    Plus you might pick up another guy in later rounds. Like Hilton or someone.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • cribbs is the manC cribbs is the man

                      @sdbrownsfan said:

                      Tannehill is going Top 10.

                      I don't like this deal. I want the Eagles #1 next season a 2nd round pick this year and a player capable of starting for the #4 overall. I think that's fair.

                      This gives the Browns back to back years with 2 first round picks and flexability to get a franchise QB next year.

                      I'm sure the scouting is completed- if the FO thinks Doug Martin is on the heels of Richardson- I don't see what is holding back this type of deal.

                      So youre saying not their 1st rounder this year? Interesting, I love having the extra ammo next year when we NEED to get that franchise QB and may need to trade up for him...

                      The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                      • 57k Posts
                      • 4k Reputation
                      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @cribbs-is-the-man said:

                      So youre saying not their 1st rounder this year? Interesting, I love having the extra ammo next year when we NEED to get that franchise QB and may need to trade up for him...

                      I think he wants their first rounder this year AND their first rounder next year to move up.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Harry Buffalo Harry BuffaloH
                        • 3k Posts
                        • 241 Reputation
                        Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        IDK to tell you the truth. Remember though the Browns would still have ammo to jump back up from 15 if they wanted to grab Floyd. Get 2 2nd rounders and give up our 3rd or two 4th rounders to jump back to to around 10ish.

                        Ruining threads since 1897.
                        Tour2maT 1 Reply Last reply
                        👍
                        Quote Reply
                        • The GipperT The Gipper

                          I am hearing rumors that the Browns and the Eagles may be involved in a trade.

                          The Browns would trade their #4 overall to the Eagles in exchange for their #15 overall, plus the two second round picks that they have, thus the Browns would get back for #4:

                          #15, #46, #51

                          Giving them overall: #15, #22, #37, #46, #51.

                          What do you think about them apples? Browns would have 5 of the top 51 picks. They could fill a lot of holes.

                          cribbs is the man cribbs is the manC
                          • 272 Posts
                          • 14 Reputation
                          cribbs is the manC cribbs is the man wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @the-gipper said:

                          I am hearing rumors that the Browns and the Eagles may be involved in a trade.

                          The Browns would trade their #4 overall to the Eagles in exchange for their #15 overall, plus the two second round picks that they have, thus the Browns would get back for #4:

                          #15, #46, #51

                          Giving them overall: #15, #22, #37, #46, #51.

                          What do you think about them apples? Browns would have 5 of the top 51 picks. They could fill a lot of holes.

                          Btw, where are you hearing these rumors? And who would Philly pick at #4?? They dont need Richardson, Blackmon, or especially Claiborne haha

                          BrownB499B The GipperT T 3 Replies Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Blackcloud B
                            • 8 Posts
                            • 1 Reputation
                            B Blackcloud wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            I think we have enough picks this year.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            👍
                            Quote Reply
                            • cambridgeho cambridgehoC Very Popular Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 2k Posts
                              • 139 Reputation
                              cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              Give us Maclin in the deal and the 15th and the 2 2nd rounders and i will be happy.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                                • 33k Posts
                                • 3k Reputation
                                MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                Yeah, who the fuck are the Eagles planning on taking?

                                Do they think Kalil will be there?

                                Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                                cambridgehoC C 2 Replies Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • The GipperT The Gipper

                                  With this scenario these possibilities might exist:

                                  #15 Kendell Wright WR

                                  #22 Jonathon Martin OT

                                  #37 Janoris Jenkins CB

                                  #46 Either Lamar Miller or Doug Martin RBs

                                  #51 Either Lavonte David or Zach Brown LBs

                                  And in the third round perhaps a free safely: George Iloka?

                                  This would fill a lot of holes. Browns wouldn't get the "Superstar" but they might actually have a solid stock of talent.

                                  Plus they would have 7 more picks in rounds 4-7.

                                  PoeticG PoeticGP Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 4k Posts
                                  • 658 Reputation
                                  PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @the-gipper said:

                                  With this scenario these possibilities might exist:

                                  #15 Kendell Wright WR

                                  #22 Jonathon Martin OT

                                  #37 Janoris Jenkins CB

                                  #46 Either Lamar Miller or Doug Martin RBs

                                  #51 Either Lavonte David or Zach Brown LBs

                                  And in the third round perhaps a free safely: George Iloka?

                                  This would fill a lot of holes. Browns wouldn't get the "Superstar" but they might actually have a solid stock of talent.

                                  Plus they would have 7 more picks in rounds 4-7.

                                  We could still get some of these guys if we draft our RB at 4.

                                  Get Martin at 22.

                                  Pick up a receiver at 37, in this spot take the best WR available, possibly Jefferys...

                                  We won't need that extra pick at 46 to pick a RB-we'll already have the next best in Trent.

                                  If they really want another D player like David or Brown they could then swing a trade up and snag him.

                                  The only thing we'll be missing out on is a Jenkins who's smallish and I prefer Minnifield if he falls some anyways.

                                  We could alway take a swing with Vontaze if he falls in place of David or Brown. JHMO.

                                  The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one. -Mark Twain- "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." -Mark Twain-
                                  The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                                    Yeah, who the fuck are the Eagles planning on taking?

                                    Do they think Kalil will be there?

                                    cambridgeho cambridgehoC Very Popular Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 2k Posts
                                    • 139 Reputation
                                    cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @mld-woody said:

                                    Yeah, who the fuck are the Eagles planning on taking?

                                    Do they think Kalil will be there?

                                    They would take Blackmon is my guess.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • cribbs is the manC cribbs is the man

                                      @the-gipper said:

                                      I am hearing rumors that the Browns and the Eagles may be involved in a trade.

                                      The Browns would trade their #4 overall to the Eagles in exchange for their #15 overall, plus the two second round picks that they have, thus the Browns would get back for #4:

                                      #15, #46, #51

                                      Giving them overall: #15, #22, #37, #46, #51.

                                      What do you think about them apples? Browns would have 5 of the top 51 picks. They could fill a lot of holes.

                                      Btw, where are you hearing these rumors? And who would Philly pick at #4?? They dont need Richardson, Blackmon, or especially Claiborne haha

                                      BrownB499 BrownB499B
                                      • 571 Posts
                                      • 32 Reputation
                                      BrownB499B BrownB499 wrote on last edited by BrownB499
                                      #18

                                      @cribbs-is-the-man said:

                                      Btw, where are you hearing these rumors? And who would Philly pick at #4?? They dont need Richardson, Blackmon, or especially Claiborne haha

                                      Agree, I don't see this happening...there's not one player @4 that completes the puzzle for them, that they can't get @ 15

                                      Tackle,guard,LB,WR,DE...They'll all be there at 15.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                                        Yeah, who the fuck are the Eagles planning on taking?

                                        Do they think Kalil will be there?

                                        ClevelandBigDawg C
                                        • 571 Posts
                                        • 8 Reputation
                                        C ClevelandBigDawg wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @mld-woody said:

                                        Yeah, who the fuck are the Eagles planning on taking?

                                        Do they think Kalil will be there?

                                        Rumor has it Tannehill

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • 1 more season 1 more season1
                                          • 659 Posts
                                          • 30 Reputation
                                          1 more season1 1 more season wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          If this happens it proves once again. The browns aren't looking to win just exist.

                                          Soccer, Futball, Fusball, Futsal, Foosball, Europe ... Mods are all gay.
                                          The GipperT miktoxicM 2 Replies Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate