Skip to content

Trade Possibility

The Browns Board
46 23 2.4k
  • Tannehill is going Top 10.

    I don't like this deal. I want the Eagles #1 next season a 2nd round pick this year and a player capable of starting for the #4 overall. I think that's fair.

    This gives the Browns back to back years with 2 first round picks and flexability to get a franchise QB next year.

    I'm sure the scouting is completed- if the FO thinks Doug Martin is on the heels of Richardson- I don't see what is holding back this type of deal.

  • Tannehill is going Top 10.

    I don't like this deal. I want the Eagles #1 next season a 2nd round pick this year and a player capable of starting for the #4 overall. I think that's fair.

    This gives the Browns back to back years with 2 first round picks and flexability to get a franchise QB next year.

    I'm sure the scouting is completed- if the FO thinks Doug Martin is on the heels of Richardson- I don't see what is holding back this type of deal.

    @sdbrownsfan said:

    Tannehill is going Top 10.

    I don't like this deal. I want the Eagles #1 next season a 2nd round pick this year and a player capable of starting for the #4 overall. I think that's fair.

    This gives the Browns back to back years with 2 first round picks and flexability to get a franchise QB next year.

    I'm sure the scouting is completed- if the FO thinks Doug Martin is on the heels of Richardson- I don't see what is holding back this type of deal.

    So youre saying not their 1st rounder this year? Interesting, I love having the extra ammo next year when we NEED to get that franchise QB and may need to trade up for him...

  • With this scenario these possibilities might exist:

    #15 Kendell Wright WR

    #22 Jonathon Martin OT

    #37 Janoris Jenkins CB

    #46 Either Lamar Miller or Doug Martin RBs

    #51 Either Lavonte David or Zach Brown LBs

    And in the third round perhaps a free safely: George Iloka?

    This would fill a lot of holes. Browns wouldn't get the "Superstar" but they might actually have a solid stock of talent.

    Plus they would have 7 more picks in rounds 4-7.

  • With this scenario these possibilities might exist:

    #15 Kendell Wright WR

    #22 Jonathon Martin OT

    #37 Janoris Jenkins CB

    #46 Either Lamar Miller or Doug Martin RBs

    #51 Either Lavonte David or Zach Brown LBs

    And in the third round perhaps a free safely: George Iloka?

    This would fill a lot of holes. Browns wouldn't get the "Superstar" but they might actually have a solid stock of talent.

    Plus they would have 7 more picks in rounds 4-7.

    @the-gipper said:

    With this scenario these possibilities might exist:

    #15 Kendell Wright WR

    #22 Jonathon Martin OT

    #37 Janoris Jenkins CB

    #46 Either Lamar Miller or Doug Martin RBs

    #51 Either Lavonte David or Zach Brown LBs

    And in the third round perhaps a free safely: George Iloka?

    This would fill a lot of holes. Browns wouldn't get the "Superstar" but they might actually have a solid stock of talent.

    Plus they would have 7 more picks in rounds 4-7.

    I like it. I think Wright may be a bit overrated but thats for the FO to decide. Also I dont like Z. Brown, he doesnt have the instincts or strength and highly unlikely David drops that far...

  • @the-gipper said:

    I am hearing rumors that the Browns and the Eagles may be involved in a trade.

    The Browns would trade their #4 overall to the Eagles in exchange for their #15 overall, plus the two second round picks that they have, thus the Browns would get back for #4:

    #15, #46, #51

    Giving them overall: #15, #22, #37, #46, #51.

    What do you think about them apples? Browns would have 5 of the top 51 picks. They could fill a lot of holes.

    I love trading back... I'm looking at Kiper's 4.0 Mock Draft for relative player value and where theyd go. Obviously not an ideal way to think about it, but it gives me a guide:

    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7766381/mel-kiper-fourth-mock-draft-two-rounds

    #15 J. Martin OT

    #22 K. Wright or S. Hill WR

    #37 L. David OLB

    #46 D. Martin RB

    #51 V. Curry DE or T. Johnson CB

    Looks pretty good to me except for that I'm not really sold on either of those WRs and we CANNOT go into next year without significant improvement at WR... Maybe give up our 3rd (and a 4th or 5th?) to move up a few spots and pick Floyd.

    @cribbs-is-the-man said:

    I love trading back... I'm looking at Kiper's 4.0 Mock Draft for relative player value and where theyd go. Obviously not an ideal way to think about it, but it gives me a guide:

    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7766381/mel-kiper-fourth-mock-draft-two-rounds

    #15 J. Martin OT

    #22 K. Wright or S. Hill WR

    #37 L. David OLB

    #46 D. Martin RB

    #51 V. Curry DE or T. Johnson CB

    Looks pretty good to me except for that I'm not really sold on either of those WRs and we CANNOT go into next year without significant improvement at WR... Maybe give up our 3rd (and a 4th or 5th?) to move up a few spots and pick Floyd.

    Our minds are thinking alike, though I think if you take Kendell Wright you ARE counting on him to improve the WR corps.

    Plus you might pick up another guy in later rounds. Like Hilton or someone.

  • @sdbrownsfan said:

    Tannehill is going Top 10.

    I don't like this deal. I want the Eagles #1 next season a 2nd round pick this year and a player capable of starting for the #4 overall. I think that's fair.

    This gives the Browns back to back years with 2 first round picks and flexability to get a franchise QB next year.

    I'm sure the scouting is completed- if the FO thinks Doug Martin is on the heels of Richardson- I don't see what is holding back this type of deal.

    So youre saying not their 1st rounder this year? Interesting, I love having the extra ammo next year when we NEED to get that franchise QB and may need to trade up for him...

    @cribbs-is-the-man said:

    So youre saying not their 1st rounder this year? Interesting, I love having the extra ammo next year when we NEED to get that franchise QB and may need to trade up for him...

    I think he wants their first rounder this year AND their first rounder next year to move up.

  • IDK to tell you the truth. Remember though the Browns would still have ammo to jump back up from 15 if they wanted to grab Floyd. Get 2 2nd rounders and give up our 3rd or two 4th rounders to jump back to to around 10ish.

  • I am hearing rumors that the Browns and the Eagles may be involved in a trade.

    The Browns would trade their #4 overall to the Eagles in exchange for their #15 overall, plus the two second round picks that they have, thus the Browns would get back for #4:

    #15, #46, #51

    Giving them overall: #15, #22, #37, #46, #51.

    What do you think about them apples? Browns would have 5 of the top 51 picks. They could fill a lot of holes.

    @the-gipper said:

    I am hearing rumors that the Browns and the Eagles may be involved in a trade.

    The Browns would trade their #4 overall to the Eagles in exchange for their #15 overall, plus the two second round picks that they have, thus the Browns would get back for #4:

    #15, #46, #51

    Giving them overall: #15, #22, #37, #46, #51.

    What do you think about them apples? Browns would have 5 of the top 51 picks. They could fill a lot of holes.

    Btw, where are you hearing these rumors? And who would Philly pick at #4?? They dont need Richardson, Blackmon, or especially Claiborne haha

  • I think we have enough picks this year.

  • Give us Maclin in the deal and the 15th and the 2 2nd rounders and i will be happy.

  • Yeah, who the fuck are the Eagles planning on taking?

    Do they think Kalil will be there?

  • With this scenario these possibilities might exist:

    #15 Kendell Wright WR

    #22 Jonathon Martin OT

    #37 Janoris Jenkins CB

    #46 Either Lamar Miller or Doug Martin RBs

    #51 Either Lavonte David or Zach Brown LBs

    And in the third round perhaps a free safely: George Iloka?

    This would fill a lot of holes. Browns wouldn't get the "Superstar" but they might actually have a solid stock of talent.

    Plus they would have 7 more picks in rounds 4-7.

    @the-gipper said:

    With this scenario these possibilities might exist:

    #15 Kendell Wright WR

    #22 Jonathon Martin OT

    #37 Janoris Jenkins CB

    #46 Either Lamar Miller or Doug Martin RBs

    #51 Either Lavonte David or Zach Brown LBs

    And in the third round perhaps a free safely: George Iloka?

    This would fill a lot of holes. Browns wouldn't get the "Superstar" but they might actually have a solid stock of talent.

    Plus they would have 7 more picks in rounds 4-7.

    We could still get some of these guys if we draft our RB at 4.

    Get Martin at 22.

    Pick up a receiver at 37, in this spot take the best WR available, possibly Jefferys...

    We won't need that extra pick at 46 to pick a RB-we'll already have the next best in Trent.

    If they really want another D player like David or Brown they could then swing a trade up and snag him.

    The only thing we'll be missing out on is a Jenkins who's smallish and I prefer Minnifield if he falls some anyways.

    We could alway take a swing with Vontaze if he falls in place of David or Brown. JHMO.

  • Yeah, who the fuck are the Eagles planning on taking?

    Do they think Kalil will be there?

    @mld-woody said:

    Yeah, who the fuck are the Eagles planning on taking?

    Do they think Kalil will be there?

    They would take Blackmon is my guess.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I am hearing rumors that the Browns and the Eagles may be involved in a trade.

    The Browns would trade their #4 overall to the Eagles in exchange for their #15 overall, plus the two second round picks that they have, thus the Browns would get back for #4:

    #15, #46, #51

    Giving them overall: #15, #22, #37, #46, #51.

    What do you think about them apples? Browns would have 5 of the top 51 picks. They could fill a lot of holes.

    Btw, where are you hearing these rumors? And who would Philly pick at #4?? They dont need Richardson, Blackmon, or especially Claiborne haha

    @cribbs-is-the-man said:

    Btw, where are you hearing these rumors? And who would Philly pick at #4?? They dont need Richardson, Blackmon, or especially Claiborne haha

    Agree, I don't see this happening...there's not one player @4 that completes the puzzle for them, that they can't get @ 15

    Tackle,guard,LB,WR,DE...They'll all be there at 15.

  • Yeah, who the fuck are the Eagles planning on taking?

    Do they think Kalil will be there?

    @mld-woody said:

    Yeah, who the fuck are the Eagles planning on taking?

    Do they think Kalil will be there?

    Rumor has it Tannehill

  • If this happens it proves once again. The browns aren't looking to win just exist.

  • With this scenario these possibilities might exist:

    #15 Kendell Wright WR

    #22 Jonathon Martin OT

    #37 Janoris Jenkins CB

    #46 Either Lamar Miller or Doug Martin RBs

    #51 Either Lavonte David or Zach Brown LBs

    And in the third round perhaps a free safely: George Iloka?

    This would fill a lot of holes. Browns wouldn't get the "Superstar" but they might actually have a solid stock of talent.

    Plus they would have 7 more picks in rounds 4-7.

    @the-gipper said:

    With this scenario these possibilities might exist:

    #15 Kendell Wright WR

    #22 Jonathon Martin OT

    #37 Janoris Jenkins CB

    #46 Either Lamar Miller or Doug Martin RBs

    #51 Either Lavonte David or Zach Brown LBs

    And in the third round perhaps a free safely: George Iloka?

    This would fill a lot of holes. Browns wouldn't get the "Superstar" but they might actually have a solid stock of talent.

    Plus they would have 7 more picks in rounds 4-7.

    Don't like Kendall Wright with the #15 pick, anyway he'll likely be there at 22.

    At 15 do you consider DeCastro (If he's there)? I bring his name up because no way he makes it to 22. Can Pinkston be groomed as a RT sign a guy on the cheap like Marcus McNeil for a 1 year stop gap. Have Pinkston and Lavaman compete for one of the guard spots this season. Could you image Thomas, DeCastro and Mack on one side- easily the best left side in the NFL?

    If your going to go to 15- you better get a Number 1 next season too. I'll give #4 for #15, #51 and 2013 1st round pick. Its time we start getting these great trade down deals the others get.

    So #15, and we get to #22 the Pats come calling for Brockers. Trade #22 and #37 for #27 and #31 and a 2013 3rd Round Pick. Not like the Pats to give up picks but the need Dline help and Brockers doesn't get past Denver and he's clearly better player than a guy like Reyes who alot of people seem to put with the Pats.

    At 15- Decastro or J. Martin

    27- Hill

    31- D. Martin (I could see a team beginning of the 2nd round taking him- I don't think he makes it to 37)

    51- V. Curry

    The big part of the deals

    2- 1's next season

    and two 3rd round picks.

  • @the-gipper said:

    With this scenario these possibilities might exist:

    #15 Kendell Wright WR

    #22 Jonathon Martin OT

    #37 Janoris Jenkins CB

    #46 Either Lamar Miller or Doug Martin RBs

    #51 Either Lavonte David or Zach Brown LBs

    And in the third round perhaps a free safely: George Iloka?

    This would fill a lot of holes. Browns wouldn't get the "Superstar" but they might actually have a solid stock of talent.

    Plus they would have 7 more picks in rounds 4-7.

    Don't like Kendall Wright with the #15 pick, anyway he'll likely be there at 22.

    At 15 do you consider DeCastro (If he's there)? I bring his name up because no way he makes it to 22. Can Pinkston be groomed as a RT sign a guy on the cheap like Marcus McNeil for a 1 year stop gap. Have Pinkston and Lavaman compete for one of the guard spots this season. Could you image Thomas, DeCastro and Mack on one side- easily the best left side in the NFL?

    If your going to go to 15- you better get a Number 1 next season too. I'll give #4 for #15, #51 and 2013 1st round pick. Its time we start getting these great trade down deals the others get.

    So #15, and we get to #22 the Pats come calling for Brockers. Trade #22 and #37 for #27 and #31 and a 2013 3rd Round Pick. Not like the Pats to give up picks but the need Dline help and Brockers doesn't get past Denver and he's clearly better player than a guy like Reyes who alot of people seem to put with the Pats.

    At 15- Decastro or J. Martin

    27- Hill

    31- D. Martin (I could see a team beginning of the 2nd round taking him- I don't think he makes it to 37)

    51- V. Curry

    The big part of the deals

    2- 1's next season

    and two 3rd round picks.

    @sdbrownsfan said:

    If your going to go to 15- you better get a Number 1 next season too. I'll give #4 for #15, #51 and 2013 1st round pick. Its time we start getting these great trade down deals the others get.

    I agree with this as the price, or keep the pick. If we have another 3-5 win season in 2012, that about guarantees that the Colt McCoy experiment will be over, and we may need those two first round picks to move up and get a quarterback in next years draft. (I just can't see us drafting Tannehill at 4 this season)

  • @the-gipper said:

    I am hearing rumors that the Browns and the Eagles may be involved in a trade.

    The Browns would trade their #4 overall to the Eagles in exchange for their #15 overall, plus the two second round picks that they have, thus the Browns would get back for #4:

    #15, #46, #51

    Giving them overall: #15, #22, #37, #46, #51.

    What do you think about them apples? Browns would have 5 of the top 51 picks. They could fill a lot of holes.

    Btw, where are you hearing these rumors? And who would Philly pick at #4?? They dont need Richardson, Blackmon, or especially Claiborne haha

    @cribbs-is-the-man said:

    Btw, where are you hearing these rumors? And who would Philly pick at #4?? They dont need Richardson, Blackmon, or especially Claiborne haha

    It was on WKNR this morning. I am not sure who they were hot after.

  • @the-gipper said:

    With this scenario these possibilities might exist:

    #15 Kendell Wright WR

    #22 Jonathon Martin OT

    #37 Janoris Jenkins CB

    #46 Either Lamar Miller or Doug Martin RBs

    #51 Either Lavonte David or Zach Brown LBs

    And in the third round perhaps a free safely: George Iloka?

    This would fill a lot of holes. Browns wouldn't get the "Superstar" but they might actually have a solid stock of talent.

    Plus they would have 7 more picks in rounds 4-7.

    We could still get some of these guys if we draft our RB at 4.

    Get Martin at 22.

    Pick up a receiver at 37, in this spot take the best WR available, possibly Jefferys...

    We won't need that extra pick at 46 to pick a RB-we'll already have the next best in Trent.

    If they really want another D player like David or Brown they could then swing a trade up and snag him.

    The only thing we'll be missing out on is a Jenkins who's smallish and I prefer Minnifield if he falls some anyways.

    We could alway take a swing with Vontaze if he falls in place of David or Brown. JHMO.

    @poeticg said:

    We could still get some of these guys if we draft our RB at 4.

    Get Martin at 22.

    Pick up a receiver at 37, in this spot take the best WR available, possibly Jefferys...

    We won't need that extra pick at 46 to pick a RB-we'll already have the next best in Trent.

    If they really want another D player like David or Brown they could then swing a trade up and snag him.

    The only thing we'll be missing out on is a Jenkins who's smallish and I prefer Minnifield if he falls some anyways.

    We could alway take a swing with Vontaze if he falls in place of David or Brown. JHMO.

    The Browns might do it because of the multiple holes they have. Then they would have not 3 picks in the top 51, but 5 in the top 51, and they could get solid picks at RB, WR, RT, LB, DB all of whom they would be relying on to contribute pretty immediately.