Skip to content

Browns 2012 Schedule

The Browns Board
46 22 2.0k
  • A nice spread of games.....no having to head up back to back weeks.

    My initial thinking is the Bengals game Oct, 14th needs to be the blowout.

    Steve is playing the Eastland on the 13th....Pat is determined to hear his whole act.

    My thinking is I'll be up for the Eagles and Bills in Sept., Bengals and Chargers in Oct., Steelers in Nov., and Skins in Dec......6 games....works, no back to back weeks or night games.

    I am happy.

  • A nice spread of games.....no having to head up back to back weeks.

    My initial thinking is the Bengals game Oct, 14th needs to be the blowout.

    Steve is playing the Eastland on the 13th....Pat is determined to hear his whole act.

    My thinking is I'll be up for the Eagles and Bills in Sept., Bengals and Chargers in Oct., Steelers in Nov., and Skins in Dec......6 games....works, no back to back weeks or night games.

    I am happy.

    @ballpeen said:

    A nice spread of games.....no having to head up back to back weeks.

    My initial thinking is the Bengals game Oct, 14th needs to be the blowout.

    Steve is playing the Eastland on the 13th....Pat is determined to hear his whole act.

    My thinking is I'll be up for the Eagles and Bills in Sept., Bengals and Chargers in Oct., Steelers in Nov., and Skins in Dec......6 games....works, no back to back weeks or night games.

    I am happy.

    There was talk of an early season gathering. The Philly gamewould be good for that. I think the Browns will have a little suprise waiting. And those who want to come close to ensuring a victory may like the Bills matchup! And maybe we could draw a good Canadian crew to add to that mix too. I feel bad that Howie and G only get to see losses. ๐Ÿ™‚

  • I'll wait for word from our overseas friends as to what game we will be attending. The only one that i'm out for sure is the Rats game on the November 4th. October is tough for me with 2 kids birthdays and an anniversary (4th, 10th, 23rd in case you were wondering) and I think spending my 20th wedding anniversary in Cleveland is a sure fire way to guarentee there won't be a 21st.

    I'm scared shitless that these goofballs are going to pick December 9th against the Cheifs...

  • @ballpeen said:

    A nice spread of games.....no having to head up back to back weeks.

    My initial thinking is the Bengals game Oct, 14th needs to be the blowout.

    Steve is playing the Eastland on the 13th....Pat is determined to hear his whole act.

    My thinking is I'll be up for the Eagles and Bills in Sept., Bengals and Chargers in Oct., Steelers in Nov., and Skins in Dec......6 games....works, no back to back weeks or night games.

    I am happy.

    There was talk of an early season gathering. The Philly gamewould be good for that. I think the Browns will have a little suprise waiting. And those who want to come close to ensuring a victory may like the Bills matchup! And maybe we could draw a good Canadian crew to add to that mix too. I feel bad that Howie and G only get to see losses. ๐Ÿ™‚

    @browns57 said:

    There was talk of an early season gathering. The Philly gamewould be good for that. I think the Browns will have a little suprise waiting. And those who want to come close to ensuring a victory may like the Bills matchup! And maybe we could draw a good Canadian crew to add to that mix too. I feel bad that Howie and G only get to see losses. ๐Ÿ™‚

    You don't feel sorry for Zombo and myself who also only see losses? what the hell...

  • @browns57 said:

    There was talk of an early season gathering. The Philly gamewould be good for that. I think the Browns will have a little suprise waiting. And those who want to come close to ensuring a victory may like the Bills matchup! And maybe we could draw a good Canadian crew to add to that mix too. I feel bad that Howie and G only get to see losses. ๐Ÿ™‚

    You don't feel sorry for Zombo and myself who also only see losses? what the hell...

    @mark-o said:

    You don't feel sorry for Zombo and myself who also only see losses? what the hell...

    Not for you! you at least get to watch every game in real time! Not three days later. LOL. They come to another country to see the games and get FG's and losses. And if they pick that Chiefs game they will probably see a loss AGAIN! Although you know i hate Romeo, almost as much as Shurmer! ๐Ÿ™„

    And heck to me it seems like you are on vacation every day. ๐Ÿ™‚

  • Skins-Browns will be a good game. Looking forward to that game.

  • Keep in mind...I PAY to watch every game in real time. But yes they do have a whole lot farther to travel.

    The last win I saw was in 2000 (I think) Browns over Patriots (of all teams). Doug Pederson was the QB for the Browns. I was only in town for the game..I flew in Sunday morning and flew out Sunday night after the game was over. I had to be in Chicago working on Monday morning so I flew a day early...took the redeye into Cleveland and then flew to Chicago that night.

  • I'll wait for word from our overseas friends as to what game we will be attending. The only one that i'm out for sure is the Rats game on the November 4th. October is tough for me with 2 kids birthdays and an anniversary (4th, 10th, 23rd in case you were wondering) and I think spending my 20th wedding anniversary in Cleveland is a sure fire way to guarentee there won't be a 21st.

    I'm scared shitless that these goofballs are going to pick December 9th against the Cheifs...

    @mark-o said:

    I'll wait for word from our overseas friends as to what game we will be attending. The only one that i'm out for sure is the Rats game on the November 4th. October is tough for me with 2 kids birthdays and an anniversary (4th, 10th, 23rd in case you were wondering) and I think spending my 20th wedding anniversary in Cleveland is a sure fire way to guarentee there won't be a 21st.

    I'm scared shitless that these goofballs are going to pick December 9th against the Cheifs...

    Your just scared of your beer freezing in its cup at the game, with the cold in December

  • Keep in mind...I PAY to watch every game in real time. But yes they do have a whole lot farther to travel.

    The last win I saw was in 2000 (I think) Browns over Patriots (of all teams). Doug Pederson was the QB for the Browns. I was only in town for the game..I flew in Sunday morning and flew out Sunday night after the game was over. I had to be in Chicago working on Monday morning so I flew a day early...took the redeye into Cleveland and then flew to Chicago that night.

    @mark-o said:

    Keep in mind...I PAY to watch every game in real time. But yes they do have a whole lot farther to travel.

    The last win I saw was in 2000 (I think) Browns over Patriots (of all teams). Doug Pederson was the QB for the Browns. I was only in town for the game..I flew in Sunday morning and flew out Sunday night after the game was over. I had to be in Chicago working on Monday morning so I flew a day early...took the redeye into Cleveland and then flew to Chicago that night.

    That is dedication! You should try staying after the game! I love downtown Cleveland after a game! Even when they lose the vibe downtown is pretty darn cool.

  • @mark-o said:

    I'll wait for word from our overseas friends as to what game we will be attending. The only one that i'm out for sure is the Rats game on the November 4th. October is tough for me with 2 kids birthdays and an anniversary (4th, 10th, 23rd in case you were wondering) and I think spending my 20th wedding anniversary in Cleveland is a sure fire way to guarentee there won't be a 21st.

    I'm scared shitless that these goofballs are going to pick December 9th against the Cheifs...

    Your just scared of your beer freezing in its cup at the game, with the cold in December

    @kamac19 said:

    Your just scared of your beer freezing in its cup at the game, with the cold in December

    That is a GREAT point! I forgot about that! lol

  • someone should post it on here...

  • @ballpeen said:

    A nice spread of games.....no having to head up back to back weeks.

    My initial thinking is the Bengals game Oct, 14th needs to be the blowout.

    Steve is playing the Eastland on the 13th....Pat is determined to hear his whole act.

    My thinking is I'll be up for the Eagles and Bills in Sept., Bengals and Chargers in Oct., Steelers in Nov., and Skins in Dec......6 games....works, no back to back weeks or night games.

    I am happy.

    There was talk of an early season gathering. The Philly gamewould be good for that. I think the Browns will have a little suprise waiting. And those who want to come close to ensuring a victory may like the Bills matchup! And maybe we could draw a good Canadian crew to add to that mix too. I feel bad that Howie and G only get to see losses. ๐Ÿ™‚

    @browns57 said:

    There was talk of an early season gathering. The Philly gamewould be good for that. I think the Browns will have a little suprise waiting. And those who want to come close to ensuring a victory may like the Bills matchup! And maybe we could draw a good Canadian crew to add to that mix too. I feel bad that Howie and G only get to see losses. ๐Ÿ™‚

    I am good with that....if Oct doesn't work for some, I'll make that a blowout weekend for me...I am flexible....tell me to be there, I'll be there, but i am with Mark, Dec. needs to be nixed from the big weekend schedule......that leaves Sept. or Nov.

  • The pessimisim on here may be warranted, but I'm not buying into it until we see the draft and a real training camp this year.

    A new system, little time to prepare, and lack of key offensive pieces didn't leave much room for success last year. All of that will be improved upon this year and we'll get a real sense of what Shurmur can accomplish as a Head Coach, and what Colt can do as a QB.

    There isn't a team on that schedule that won't lose games this year, and except for a couple, most will probably take the Browns lightly. (this is the pep talk I keep giving myself to try to keep a little speck of optimism alive)

  • We'll be lucky to win 4 games. Looking like a 2-14 season if we're lucky.

  • 16-0, Bitches.

    Two warm weather September tank top games.

    Best ...Schedule ... Ever

    33938_10150698602079081_154197234080_9559992_1625193776_n.jpg

    Zombo

  • Everyone should attend the week 10 game !! No way the Browns lose on week 10. NO F'in WAY !!!!!!!!

  • I agree it is a very very tough schedule we have but it pisses me off that so many have given up already. You pussies have no faith, now you see why we have to have Richardson,whoever is our wideouts. You show no faith in defense offense my team at all! Just turn in the schedule you chumps will be the same ones talking about I told you so when they start winning some games.

  • Browns 2012 schedule released

    Posted 2 hours ago

    By Matt Florjancic, Staff Writer

    The Browns received their schedule for the 2012 season when the NFL made a live television announcement on Tuesday evening.

    The Cleveland Browns will begin and end the 2012 regular season in familiar places.

    For the 13th time in the last 14 years, the Browns will open the season at home. They play host to the Philadelphia Eagles at Cleveland Browns Stadium on Sunday, Sept. 9 at 1 p.m. ET. For the second time in five years, the Browns end the season with a visit to their AFC North Division rival, the Pittsburgh Steelers.

    The Browns and Steelers end the 2012 regular season with a 1 p.m. ET game at Heinz Field on Sunday, Dec. 30.

    โ€œAlthough we have known our opponents and where we are going to play since the end of last season, there is always a certain amount of anticipation as to how everything will fall into place,โ€ Browns coach Pat Shurmur said in a release. โ€œI think that opening the year at home against the Eagles will be great for our players and our fans. It will be exciting to play a team, an organization and a coach for whom I have a tremendous amount of respect. It will be a good test for our team. Ending the year in two of the tougher venues in the NFL also will present a challenge. I am looking forward to kicking off the 2012 season.โ€

    The Brownsโ€™ 2012 opponents posted a combined record of 102-106 in 2011 and half of the 16 games will be against teams who qualified for postseason play last season.

    After consecutive seasons with a stretch of three straight road games, the Browns play no more than back-to-back games away from Cleveland Browns Stadium. Their longest stretches of games away from Cleveland come in late September/early October and at the end of December.

    The Browns play their first road game of the year on Sunday, Sept. 16 against their intrastate rivals, the Cincinnati Bengals. After returning home to play the Buffalo Bills (Sunday, Sept. 23), the Browns play back-to-back road games, first at Baltimore on Thursday, Sept. 27 and then, 10 days later against the New York Giants at MetLife Stadium.

    Following the two road games, the Browns will play three of the next four at home before the bye week on Nov. 11. They host the Bengals (Oct. 14), San Diego Chargers (Oct. 28) and Ravens (Nov. 4) with a road trip to Indianapolis (Oct. 21) also on the pre-bye week schedule.

    The Browns return from the bye week and play at Dallas (Nov. 18) before hosting the Steelers (Nov. 25).

    Over the final five weeks of the season, the Browns will play three road games, including at the Oakland Raiders (Dec. 2), Denver Broncos (Dec. 23) and Steelers (Dec. 30). The teamโ€™s final two home games come against the Kansas City Chiefs (Dec. 9) and Washington Redskins (Dec. 16).

    PLAYING THE CHAMPIONS

    For the fourth season in five years, the Browns will play the defending Super Bowl champions. Over that time, the Browns are 3-1 against the reigning champions, dating back to a 35-14 win over the New York Giants at Cleveland Browns Stadium on Oct. 13, 2008.

    The Browns split the season series against the Steelers in 2009 and then, defeated the New Orleans Saints at the Louisiana Superdome 30-17 on Oct. 24, 2010.

    Last year, the Browns defeated the reigning Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers in the preseason opener at Cleveland Browns Stadium.

    REVISITING THE PAST

    Excluding the home-and-away games slated for the AFC North, the Browns will make return trips to two stadiums they played in during the 2011 season.

    The Browns return to Lucas Oil Stadium against the Colts on Oct. 21 and, later in the season, travel back to California to play the Oakland Raiders (Dec. 2). The Browns defeated the Colts 27-19 on Sept. 18 and fell to the Raiders 24-17 on Oct. 16 last season.

    AFC NORTH GAMES

    The Browns played five of their six games against the AFC North after Thanksgiving last season, but in 2012, all but the two games with the Steelers will be played before the bye week on Sunday, Nov. 11.

    The Browns travel to Cincinnati and Baltimore in the first month of the season and play home games with the Bengals and Ravens over the next five weeks.

    2012 BROWNS SCHEDULE

    Preseason

    Friday, August 10 at Detroit Lions, 7:30 p.m. ET

    Thursday, August 16 at Green Bay Packers, 8:00 p.m. ET

    Friday, August 24 Philadelphia Eagles, 7:30 p.m. ET

    Thursday, August 30 Chicago Bears, 7:30 p.m. ET

    Regular Season

    Sunday, September 9 vs. Philadelphia Eagles, 1 p.m. ET

    Sunday, September 16 at Cincinnati Bengals, 1 p.m. ET

    Sunday, September 23 vs. Buffalo Bills, 1 p.m. ET

    Thursday, September 27 at Baltimore Ravens, 8:20 p.m. ET

    Sunday, October 7 at New York Giants, 1 p.m. ET

    Sunday, October 14 vs. Cincinnati Bengals, 1 p.m. ET

    Sunday, October 21 at Indianapolis Colts, 1 p.m. ET

    Sunday, October 28 vs. San Diego Chargers, 1 p.m. ET

    Sunday, November 4 vs. Baltimore Ravens, 1 p.m. ET

    Sunday, November 11 BYE WEEK

    Sunday, November 18 at Dallas Cowboys, 1 p.m. ET

    Sunday, November 25 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, 1 p.m. ET

    Sunday, December 2 at Oakland Raiders, 4:15 p.m. ET

    Sunday, December 9 vs. Kansas City Chiefs, 1 p.m. ET

    Sunday, December 16 vs. Washington Redskins, 1 p.m. ET

    Sunday, December 23 at Denver Broncos, 4:05 p.m. ET

    Sunday, December 30 at Pittsburgh Steelers, 1 p.m. ET

  • Cant wait! We will see how our run D is right off the bat.

  • the preview blurb:

    "Let's play "Find the win so the Browns can avoid going 0-16." They'll be huge underdogs in every game they play against much more talented teams except for these two: an away tilt at Indianapolis in October, where Andrew Luck may have his sea legs under him; and a home game against the Redskins in mid-December. Cleveland could realistically be 0-13 headed into that one. "

    couldn't agree more.

    @gafreleets said:

    the preview blurb:

    "Let's play "Find the win so the Browns can avoid going 0-16." They'll be huge underdogs in every game they play against much more talented teams except for these two: an away tilt at Indianapolis in October, where Andrew Luck may have his sea legs under him; and a home game against the Redskins in mid-December. Cleveland could realistically be 0-13 headed into that one. "

    couldn't agree more.

    Predicting wins before the draft is laughable..