Skip to content

Trent Richardson Takes Cancer Survivor To Her Prom

The Browns Board
75 19 2.9k
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #35

    To: Socalbamafan

    By the way, in the event the Mike Holmgren/Heckert/Shurmur experiment truly does bottom out, guess who many have speculated would be prime on the list to take over for them?:

    A former Browns Defensive Coordinator, Kent State graduate by the name of Nick Saban.

  • I have always liked browns fans, hardcore and faithful even In bad times, much like bama fans, but come on, that response was out of line.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @socalbamafan said:

    I have always liked browns fans, hardcore and faithful even In bad times, much like bama fans

    did you go on the saint's board last year and talk up mark ingram? hey, how'd that work out for them last year? big numbers he put up, huh?

    the only thing good about alabama is that it's far enough south that the stench doesn't carry up the coast. rednecks and racists=alabama.

    love the black guy when he's winning games for you, but lynch him when he looks at your wife.

  • @socalbamafan said:

    I have always liked browns fans, hardcore and faithful even In bad times, much like bama fans

    did you go on the saint's board last year and talk up mark ingram? hey, how'd that work out for them last year? big numbers he put up, huh?

    the only thing good about alabama is that it's far enough south that the stench doesn't carry up the coast. rednecks and racists=alabama.

    love the black guy when he's winning games for you, but lynch him when he looks at your wife.

    S Socalbamafan wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @miktoxic said:

    did you go on the saint's board last year and talk up mark ingram? hey, how'd that work out for them last year? big numbers he put up, huh?

    the only thing good about alabama is that it's far enough south that the stench doesn't carry up the coast. rednecks and racists=alabama.

    love the black guy when he's winning games for you, but lynch him when he looks at your wife.

    Wow, just unbelievable, I hope this guy doesn't, represent the majority of browns fans, I'd he does, god help you.

  • S SirLuck wrote on last edited by
    #38

    ummm...sooo, we lost Peyton Hillis (douchebag, good riddance)and not many think we should draft the TOP available RB? Uh, hell YEAH, we should! Our only exciting games were when Cribbs and Hillis were successful. We need more pointmakers. Let's not pretend we know now how well Trent will perform, but we do know he's a damn good prospect.

  • S Socalbamafan wrote on last edited by
    #39

    I thought I would just come on and post a comment about Trent and what kind of a football player he is, and i get hammered. Good luck to you in the future, you,re gonna need it.

  • I thought I would just come on and post a comment about Trent and what kind of a football player he is, and i get hammered. Good luck to you in the future, you,re gonna need it.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @socalbamafan said:

    I thought I would just come on and post a comment about Trent and what kind of a football player he is, and i get hammered. Good luck to you in the future, you,re gonna need it.

    have a nice day. drive safe.

  • I thought I would just come on and post a comment about Trent and what kind of a football player he is, and i get hammered. Good luck to you in the future, you,re gonna need it.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @socalbamafan said:

    I thought I would just come on and post a comment about Trent and what kind of a football player he is, and i get hammered. Good luck to you in the future, you,re gonna need it.

    I would have thought perhaps someone who has been through the SEC wars would have had a bit more Chutzpah.

    I guess the SEC ain't quite as tough as one hears about.

  • S Socalbamafan wrote on last edited by
    #42

    I guess we,re not that tough. Oh, wait, how many national championships have we won in a row?

  • I guess we,re not that tough. Oh, wait, how many national championships have we won in a row?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @socalbamafan said:

    I guess we,re not that tough. Oh, wait, how many national championships have we won in a row?

    The footballers seem pretty tough. The fans seem a little flaccid when faced with adversity.

  • @miktoxic said:

    did you go on the saint's board last year and talk up mark ingram? hey, how'd that work out for them last year? big numbers he put up, huh?

    the only thing good about alabama is that it's far enough south that the stench doesn't carry up the coast. rednecks and racists=alabama.

    love the black guy when he's winning games for you, but lynch him when he looks at your wife.

    Wow, just unbelievable, I hope this guy doesn't, represent the majority of browns fans, I'd he does, god help you.

    BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @socalbamafan said:

    Wow, just unbelievable, I hope this guy doesn't, represent the majority of browns fans, I'd he does, god help you.

    There are a majority of us who do want to draft Trent Richardson. Stick around.

  • BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
    #45

    There really are only 3 worthwhile options @ #4 - Trent, Justin and Claireborne or Kalil if Vikings take one of the other.

    We were all bitching about drafting Braylon and his Diva attitude, So are we going to draft Justin who has already shown some diva-ness and is a guy who is being compared to Michael Crabtree and not Julio Jones? Claireborne, I like and I hope we draft him if we want to go Defense - But if we want to go offense there is only one logical choice I see.

    Trust me if we draft Kalil @ #4, Ghoilie wont be the only one opening threads about OL being dime-a-dozen.

  • Man, u guys r tough, trent is a great football player and a genuine guy, at Alabama he has been the hardest worker on the team and very humble. I know college football is not as big up north as it is here. The kids here really look up to the bama players, this was a big deal to her and the school. If he is drafted by the browns, u will be impressed, I assure you.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @socalbamafan said:

    Man, u guys r tough, trent is a great football player and a genuine guy, at Alabama he has been the hardest worker on the team and very humble. I know college football is not as big up north as it is here. The kids here really look up to the bama players, this was a big deal to her and the school. If he is drafted by the browns, u will be impressed, I assure you.

    College football not big up North? Ever hear of Ohio State? Michigan?

    Sorry one of out posters had to start slinging mud at you right off the bat.

    We're not doubting Trent won't be good- however there's a contingent of Browns fans who question if Richardson will be that much better than several running backs who will be available in the second round.

  • There really are only 3 worthwhile options @ #4 - Trent, Justin and Claireborne or Kalil if Vikings take one of the other.

    We were all bitching about drafting Braylon and his Diva attitude, So are we going to draft Justin who has already shown some diva-ness and is a guy who is being compared to Michael Crabtree and not Julio Jones? Claireborne, I like and I hope we draft him if we want to go Defense - But if we want to go offense there is only one logical choice I see.

    Trust me if we draft Kalil @ #4, Ghoilie wont be the only one opening threads about OL being dime-a-dozen.

    T Taco918 wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @brownindian said:

    There really are only 3 worthwhile options @ #4 - Trent, Justin and Claireborne or Kalil if Vikings take one of the other.

    We were all bitching about drafting Braylon and his Diva attitude, So are we going to draft Justin who has already shown some diva-ness and is a guy who is being compared to Michael Crabtree and not Julio Jones? Claireborne, I like and I hope we draft him if we want to go Defense - But if we want to go offense there is only one logical choice I see.

    Trust me if we draft Kalil @ #4, Ghoilie wont be the only one opening threads about OL being dime-a-dozen.

    You realize Crabtree came from an offense that threw the ball about 90% of the time (Mike Leech). Blackmon comes from one of the most balanced (and productive) offenses in all of college football right? Check out the stats from the past 3 to 4 years under Gundy. Saban ranked OSU at four in the final coaches for a reason. Mostly because he has a pussy.

  • I guess we,re not that tough. Oh, wait, how many national championships have we won in a row?

    T Taco918 wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @socalbamafan said:

    I guess we,re not that tough. Oh, wait, how many national championships have we won in a row?

    Keep in mind you're boy Saban felt it necessary to rank OSU 4th in the final rankings knowing he would actually face a legit challenge in the most balanced offense in the land. The past NC he won was, and still is a complete sham. I'm a firm believer in fate and that 30 grand crystal ball broke for a reason.

  • @socalbamafan said:

    I guess we,re not that tough. Oh, wait, how many national championships have we won in a row?

    Keep in mind you're boy Saban felt it necessary to rank OSU 4th in the final rankings knowing he would actually face a legit challenge in the most balanced offense in the land. The past NC he won was, and still is a complete sham. I'm a firm believer in fate and that 30 grand crystal ball broke for a reason.

    W WhoAmI wrote on last edited by WhoAmI
    #49

    @taco918 said:

    Keep in mind you're boy Saban felt it necessary to rank OSU 4th in the final rankings knowing he would actually face a legit challenge in the most balanced offense in the land. The past NC he won was, and still is a complete sham. I'm a firm believer in fate and that 30 grand crystal ball broke for a reason.

    I assume that you are suggesting they would have played Oklahoma State and Saban was worried about that. Actually, Alabama would have likely faced Michigan in the Sugar Bowl with LSU and Oklahoma State in the BCS National Championship Game.

    So, the National Championship was a sham? How is Alabama undeserving of the game? I am an Alabama fan, but if we had not gotten a second chance against LSU, we would have only ourselves to blame. The one loss Alabama had was to LSU in overtime. If you watched the game, Alabama was clearly the better team with the exception of Special Teams, but we still lost. Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State as a result of a missed field goal, but the difference in the voters eyes would have to be that losing to the Iowa State is a much worse loss than losing to LSU. The same argument could be made for Stanford. They were just as deserving as Alabama or Oklahoma State. Alabama got the nod because of who they lost to, when they lost, and their dominance during the season. If it had been Ohio State instead of Alabama, don't you think they would get the nod over Oklahoma State or Stanford also? I'm not trying to justify it, just looking at why the decision was made. If Jim Delaney and the Pac-12 could get over the Rose Bowl game issue then we would have already had a playoff and this wouldn't be an issue.

    Now, as far as a previous comment about Alabama= racists; I currently live in Alabama, and before that lived in Cleveland. Cleveland has more racism than Alabama does. The division among the communities is shockingly more present in Ohio than in Alabama. The media loves to portray the South as backwards in this regard when that's just not reality. There is plenty of racism here, but how is it any better to stereotype an entire segment of the population because you see only what executives at a television station want you to see.

    I wish the Browns well this season and they have great fans for the most part. You guys have a really talented running back in Trent Richardson. I understand that as an Alabama fan, and an SEC fan, that we as a group are way too arrogant. Not all of us are like that though; the ones who are simply get the most airtime.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #50

    the poster came into our little haven of cleveland football knowledge and brotherhood. then some newbie first timer comes in all dressed up in his crimson tide gear saying we got the best RB blah blah blah and started talking richardson up. we get you pal. alabama is the best college team ever and every player that has ever tied up his shoelaces down there deserve fans to promote their favorite player on teams web pages.

    like i had asked before, did you hype up ingram on the saint's forum?

    how'd he do last year for them? yeah, right.

    so now this year you are on our board telling/selling the TR deliciousness campaign?

    go back to muscle shoals where you might actually know WTF you're talking about.

    this my friend is called smarm. not intended to do harm just a little smack to the back of your head.

  • @taco918 said:

    Keep in mind you're boy Saban felt it necessary to rank OSU 4th in the final rankings knowing he would actually face a legit challenge in the most balanced offense in the land. The past NC he won was, and still is a complete sham. I'm a firm believer in fate and that 30 grand crystal ball broke for a reason.

    I assume that you are suggesting they would have played Oklahoma State and Saban was worried about that. Actually, Alabama would have likely faced Michigan in the Sugar Bowl with LSU and Oklahoma State in the BCS National Championship Game.

    So, the National Championship was a sham? How is Alabama undeserving of the game? I am an Alabama fan, but if we had not gotten a second chance against LSU, we would have only ourselves to blame. The one loss Alabama had was to LSU in overtime. If you watched the game, Alabama was clearly the better team with the exception of Special Teams, but we still lost. Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State as a result of a missed field goal, but the difference in the voters eyes would have to be that losing to the Iowa State is a much worse loss than losing to LSU. The same argument could be made for Stanford. They were just as deserving as Alabama or Oklahoma State. Alabama got the nod because of who they lost to, when they lost, and their dominance during the season. If it had been Ohio State instead of Alabama, don't you think they would get the nod over Oklahoma State or Stanford also? I'm not trying to justify it, just looking at why the decision was made. If Jim Delaney and the Pac-12 could get over the Rose Bowl game issue then we would have already had a playoff and this wouldn't be an issue.

    Now, as far as a previous comment about Alabama= racists; I currently live in Alabama, and before that lived in Cleveland. Cleveland has more racism than Alabama does. The division among the communities is shockingly more present in Ohio than in Alabama. The media loves to portray the South as backwards in this regard when that's just not reality. There is plenty of racism here, but how is it any better to stereotype an entire segment of the population because you see only what executives at a television station want you to see.

    I wish the Browns well this season and they have great fans for the most part. You guys have a really talented running back in Trent Richardson. I understand that as an Alabama fan, and an SEC fan, that we as a group are way too arrogant. Not all of us are like that though; the ones who are simply get the most airtime.

    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @whoami said:

    I assume that you are suggesting they would have played Oklahoma State and Saban was worried about that. Actually, Alabama would have likely faced Michigan in the Sugar Bowl with LSU and Oklahoma State in the BCS National Championship Game.

    So, the National Championship was a sham? How is Alabama undeserving of the game? I am an Alabama fan, but if we had not gotten a second chance against LSU, we would have only ourselves to blame. The one loss Alabama had was to LSU in overtime. If you watched the game, Alabama was clearly the better team with the exception of Special Teams, but we still lost. Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State as a result of a missed field goal, but the difference in the voters eyes would have to be that losing to the Iowa State is a much worse loss than losing to LSU. The same argument could be made for Stanford. They were just as deserving as Alabama or Oklahoma State. Alabama got the nod because of who they lost to, when they lost, and their dominance during the season. If it had been Ohio State instead of Alabama, don't you think they would get the nod over Oklahoma State or Stanford also? I'm not trying to justify it, just looking at why the decision was made. If Jim Delaney and the Pac-12 could get over the Rose Bowl game issue then we would have already had a playoff and this wouldn't be an issue.

    Now, as far as a previous comment about Alabama= racists; I currently live in Alabama, and before that lived in Cleveland. Cleveland has more racism than Alabama does. The division among the communities is shockingly more present in Ohio than in Alabama. The media loves to portray the South as backwards in this regard when that's just not reality. There is plenty of racism here, but how is it any better to stereotype an entire segment of the population because you see only what executives at a television station want you to see.

    I wish the Browns well this season and they have great fans for the most part. You guys have a really talented running back in Trent Richardson. I understand that as an Alabama fan, and an SEC fan, that we as a group are way too arrogant. Not all of us are like that though; the ones who are simply get the most airtime.

    Get bent fuckwad.

  • @taco918 said:

    Keep in mind you're boy Saban felt it necessary to rank OSU 4th in the final rankings knowing he would actually face a legit challenge in the most balanced offense in the land. The past NC he won was, and still is a complete sham. I'm a firm believer in fate and that 30 grand crystal ball broke for a reason.

    I assume that you are suggesting they would have played Oklahoma State and Saban was worried about that. Actually, Alabama would have likely faced Michigan in the Sugar Bowl with LSU and Oklahoma State in the BCS National Championship Game.

    So, the National Championship was a sham? How is Alabama undeserving of the game? I am an Alabama fan, but if we had not gotten a second chance against LSU, we would have only ourselves to blame. The one loss Alabama had was to LSU in overtime. If you watched the game, Alabama was clearly the better team with the exception of Special Teams, but we still lost. Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State as a result of a missed field goal, but the difference in the voters eyes would have to be that losing to the Iowa State is a much worse loss than losing to LSU. The same argument could be made for Stanford. They were just as deserving as Alabama or Oklahoma State. Alabama got the nod because of who they lost to, when they lost, and their dominance during the season. If it had been Ohio State instead of Alabama, don't you think they would get the nod over Oklahoma State or Stanford also? I'm not trying to justify it, just looking at why the decision was made. If Jim Delaney and the Pac-12 could get over the Rose Bowl game issue then we would have already had a playoff and this wouldn't be an issue.

    Now, as far as a previous comment about Alabama= racists; I currently live in Alabama, and before that lived in Cleveland. Cleveland has more racism than Alabama does. The division among the communities is shockingly more present in Ohio than in Alabama. The media loves to portray the South as backwards in this regard when that's just not reality. There is plenty of racism here, but how is it any better to stereotype an entire segment of the population because you see only what executives at a television station want you to see.

    I wish the Browns well this season and they have great fans for the most part. You guys have a really talented running back in Trent Richardson. I understand that as an Alabama fan, and an SEC fan, that we as a group are way too arrogant. Not all of us are like that though; the ones who are simply get the most airtime.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @whoami said:

    I assume that you are suggesting they would have played Oklahoma State and Saban was worried about that. Actually, Alabama would have likely faced Michigan in the Sugar Bowl with LSU and Oklahoma State in the BCS National Championship Game.

    So, the National Championship was a sham? How is Alabama undeserving of the game? I am an Alabama fan, but if we had not gotten a second chance against LSU, we would have only ourselves to blame. The one loss Alabama had was to LSU in overtime. If you watched the game, Alabama was clearly the better team with the exception of Special Teams, but we still lost.

    My thinking about LSU having to replay Alabama is that it is a been there, done that deal. Why should they have had to prove that they are capable of beating Alabama when they had already done that?

    Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State as a result of a missed field goal, but the difference in the voters eyes would have to be that losing to the Iowa State is a much worse loss than losing to LSU.

    Yes, but they lost to LSU. They did not deserve a second chance any more than OK St. or or Stanford deserved a first chance. To me it was just a matter of fairness.

    If you are not going to have a legitimate playoff....then the loss by Alabama to LSU should have constituted an elimination game in my view....despite the apparent strength of Alabama.

    This is not to denigrate Alabama's capabilities, but to denigrate the system in place.

    If they had say and 8 team playoff and Alabama was included and in the process they defeated everyone including LSU again, then I wouldn't have a problem. But they have a one game playoff. Alabama lost to LSU, nuff said, good night, go home.

    The same argument could be made for Stanford. They were just as deserving as Alabama or Oklahoma State. Alabama got the nod because of who they lost to, when they lost, and their dominance during the season. If it had been Ohio State instead of Alabama, don't you think they would get the nod over Oklahoma State or Stanford also? I'm not trying to justify it, just looking at why the decision was made. If Jim Delaney and the Pac-12 could get over the Rose Bowl game issue then we would have already had a playoff and this wouldn't be an issue.

    I don't think the lack of a playoff can be laid directly on the backs of the Big 10/Pac 12. Plenty of players have the hand in the pot....protecting the pot. Particularly the Bowl Committees.

    Now, as far as a previous comment about Alabama= racists; I currently live in Alabama, and before that lived in Cleveland. Cleveland has more racism than Alabama does. The division among the communities is shockingly more present in Ohio than in Alabama. The media loves to portray the South as backwards in this regard when that's just not reality. There is plenty of racism here, but how is it any better to stereotype an entire segment of the population because you see only what executives at a television station want you to see.

    Now you are shuffling, big time. My in laws live in South Carolina...and it IS reality there. Sorry. It ain't Cleveland that thinks that the SEC winning a few silly football games makes up for losing the Civil War. That is your SEC mentality.

    I wish the Browns well this season and they have great fans for the most part. You guys have a really talented running back in Trent Richardson. I understand that as an Alabama fan, and an SEC fan, that we as a group are way too arrogant. Not all of us are like that though; the ones who are simply get the most airtime.

  • @taco918 said:

    Keep in mind you're boy Saban felt it necessary to rank OSU 4th in the final rankings knowing he would actually face a legit challenge in the most balanced offense in the land. The past NC he won was, and still is a complete sham. I'm a firm believer in fate and that 30 grand crystal ball broke for a reason.

    I assume that you are suggesting they would have played Oklahoma State and Saban was worried about that. Actually, Alabama would have likely faced Michigan in the Sugar Bowl with LSU and Oklahoma State in the BCS National Championship Game.

    So, the National Championship was a sham? How is Alabama undeserving of the game? I am an Alabama fan, but if we had not gotten a second chance against LSU, we would have only ourselves to blame. The one loss Alabama had was to LSU in overtime. If you watched the game, Alabama was clearly the better team with the exception of Special Teams, but we still lost. Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State as a result of a missed field goal, but the difference in the voters eyes would have to be that losing to the Iowa State is a much worse loss than losing to LSU. The same argument could be made for Stanford. They were just as deserving as Alabama or Oklahoma State. Alabama got the nod because of who they lost to, when they lost, and their dominance during the season. If it had been Ohio State instead of Alabama, don't you think they would get the nod over Oklahoma State or Stanford also? I'm not trying to justify it, just looking at why the decision was made. If Jim Delaney and the Pac-12 could get over the Rose Bowl game issue then we would have already had a playoff and this wouldn't be an issue.

    Now, as far as a previous comment about Alabama= racists; I currently live in Alabama, and before that lived in Cleveland. Cleveland has more racism than Alabama does. The division among the communities is shockingly more present in Ohio than in Alabama. The media loves to portray the South as backwards in this regard when that's just not reality. There is plenty of racism here, but how is it any better to stereotype an entire segment of the population because you see only what executives at a television station want you to see.

    I wish the Browns well this season and they have great fans for the most part. You guys have a really talented running back in Trent Richardson. I understand that as an Alabama fan, and an SEC fan, that we as a group are way too arrogant. Not all of us are like that though; the ones who are simply get the most airtime.

    T Taco918 wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @whoami said:

    I assume that you are suggesting they would have played Oklahoma State and Saban was worried about that. Actually, Alabama would have likely faced Michigan in the Sugar Bowl with LSU and Oklahoma State in the BCS National Championship Game.

    So, the National Championship was a sham? How is Alabama undeserving of the game? I am an Alabama fan, but if we had not gotten a second chance against LSU, we would have only ourselves to blame. The one loss Alabama had was to LSU in overtime. If you watched the game, Alabama was clearly the better team with the exception of Special Teams, but we still lost. Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State as a result of a missed field goal, but the difference in the voters eyes would have to be that losing to the Iowa State is a much worse loss than losing to LSU. The same argument could be made for Stanford. They were just as deserving as Alabama or Oklahoma State. Alabama got the nod because of who they lost to, when they lost, and their dominance during the season. If it had been Ohio State instead of Alabama, don't you think they would get the nod over Oklahoma State or Stanford also? I'm not trying to justify it, just looking at why the decision was made. If Jim Delaney and the Pac-12 could get over the Rose Bowl game issue then we would have already had a playoff and this wouldn't be an issue.

    Now, as far as a previous comment about Alabama= racists; I currently live in Alabama, and before that lived in Cleveland. Cleveland has more racism than Alabama does. The division among the communities is shockingly more present in Ohio than in Alabama. The media loves to portray the South as backwards in this regard when that's just not reality. There is plenty of racism here, but how is it any better to stereotype an entire segment of the population because you see only what executives at a television station want you to see.

    I wish the Browns well this season and they have great fans for the most part. You guys have a really talented running back in Trent Richardson. I understand that as an Alabama fan, and an SEC fan, that we as a group are way too arrogant. Not all of us are like that though; the ones who are simply get the most airtime.

    I'll admit I was quite intoxicated while writing that post and I was referring to Oklahoma State getting jipped out of the NC. Obviously Oklahoma State wouldn't have faced Alabama but what Saban did was a completely bush league. Saban manipulated the coaches poll to serve his own self interest. Oklahoma State was without a doubt the most dominant offense last year and were at worst the third best team in all of college football. Saban ranked them at 4 to do everything he could to ensure a rematch with LSU.

    Now I'm sure bama fans rationalized it that he was merely doing his job as a head coach. What every other college football fan saw was a punk ass misusing the privilege of voting in the coaches poll for his own advancement. Thats not the purpose of the coaches poll. It never has been and never should be. Its purose is to give those involved with the game the chance to accurately judge which team is the best. Was Oklahoma State the 4th best team last year? Nope not after they manhandled OU in Bedlem. Hell even Les Miles sleazy ass voted Oklahoma State 3rd. If Les Miles outclasses you character wise then you should know you're doing something terribly wrong.

  • @whoami said:

    I assume that you are suggesting they would have played Oklahoma State and Saban was worried about that. Actually, Alabama would have likely faced Michigan in the Sugar Bowl with LSU and Oklahoma State in the BCS National Championship Game.

    So, the National Championship was a sham? How is Alabama undeserving of the game? I am an Alabama fan, but if we had not gotten a second chance against LSU, we would have only ourselves to blame. The one loss Alabama had was to LSU in overtime. If you watched the game, Alabama was clearly the better team with the exception of Special Teams, but we still lost. Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State as a result of a missed field goal, but the difference in the voters eyes would have to be that losing to the Iowa State is a much worse loss than losing to LSU. The same argument could be made for Stanford. They were just as deserving as Alabama or Oklahoma State. Alabama got the nod because of who they lost to, when they lost, and their dominance during the season. If it had been Ohio State instead of Alabama, don't you think they would get the nod over Oklahoma State or Stanford also? I'm not trying to justify it, just looking at why the decision was made. If Jim Delaney and the Pac-12 could get over the Rose Bowl game issue then we would have already had a playoff and this wouldn't be an issue.

    Now, as far as a previous comment about Alabama= racists; I currently live in Alabama, and before that lived in Cleveland. Cleveland has more racism than Alabama does. The division among the communities is shockingly more present in Ohio than in Alabama. The media loves to portray the South as backwards in this regard when that's just not reality. There is plenty of racism here, but how is it any better to stereotype an entire segment of the population because you see only what executives at a television station want you to see.

    I wish the Browns well this season and they have great fans for the most part. You guys have a really talented running back in Trent Richardson. I understand that as an Alabama fan, and an SEC fan, that we as a group are way too arrogant. Not all of us are like that though; the ones who are simply get the most airtime.

    I'll admit I was quite intoxicated while writing that post and I was referring to Oklahoma State getting jipped out of the NC. Obviously Oklahoma State wouldn't have faced Alabama but what Saban did was a completely bush league. Saban manipulated the coaches poll to serve his own self interest. Oklahoma State was without a doubt the most dominant offense last year and were at worst the third best team in all of college football. Saban ranked them at 4 to do everything he could to ensure a rematch with LSU.

    Now I'm sure bama fans rationalized it that he was merely doing his job as a head coach. What every other college football fan saw was a punk ass misusing the privilege of voting in the coaches poll for his own advancement. Thats not the purpose of the coaches poll. It never has been and never should be. Its purose is to give those involved with the game the chance to accurately judge which team is the best. Was Oklahoma State the 4th best team last year? Nope not after they manhandled OU in Bedlem. Hell even Les Miles sleazy ass voted Oklahoma State 3rd. If Les Miles outclasses you character wise then you should know you're doing something terribly wrong.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @taco918 said:

    I'll admit I was quite intoxicated while writing that post and I was referring to Oklahoma State getting jipped out of the NC. Obviously Oklahoma State wouldn't have faced Alabama but what Saban did was a completely bush league. Saban manipulated the coaches poll to serve his own self interest. Oklahoma State was without a doubt the most dominant offense last year and were at worst the third best team in all of college football. Saban ranked them at 4 to do everything he could to ensure a rematch with LSU.

    Now I'm sure bama fans rationalized it that he was merely doing his job as a head coach. What every other college football fan saw was a punk ass misusing the privilege of voting in the coaches poll for his own advancement. Thats not the purpose of the coaches poll. It never has been and never should be. Its purose is to give those involved with the game the chance to accurately judge which team is the best. Was Oklahoma State the 4th best team last year? Nope not after they manhandled OU in Bedlem. Hell even Les Miles sleazy ass voted Oklahoma State 3rd. If Les Miles outclasses you character wise then you should know you're doing something terribly wrong.

    I guess I am not following. Just what did Nick Saban do to manipulate the Coaches poll? He didn't hold a gun to anyone's head. If there is to blame, blame the coaches...or their SIDs who voted. Enough coaches ranked Ala. ahead of both Ok St. and Stanford or other contenders to give them the second place spot.

    With an undefeated LSU out there having already defeated Alabama, I, personally would have disqualified them from playing LSU again in the title game. I would have ranked them no higher than probably 5th place.

    If LSU had lost, and it appeared that Ok St. or Stanford would have gained a spot in the title game and LSU wouldn't, then it would have been fair game for Bama to come back in and be in the National Title picture.....but NOT when they had already lost to the #1 team that was going to be in that game.