Skip to content

Trent Richardson Takes Cancer Survivor To Her Prom

The Browns Board
75 19 2.9k
  • @socalbamafan said:

    I guess we,re not that tough. Oh, wait, how many national championships have we won in a row?

    Keep in mind you're boy Saban felt it necessary to rank OSU 4th in the final rankings knowing he would actually face a legit challenge in the most balanced offense in the land. The past NC he won was, and still is a complete sham. I'm a firm believer in fate and that 30 grand crystal ball broke for a reason.

    W WhoAmI wrote on last edited by WhoAmI
    #49

    @taco918 said:

    Keep in mind you're boy Saban felt it necessary to rank OSU 4th in the final rankings knowing he would actually face a legit challenge in the most balanced offense in the land. The past NC he won was, and still is a complete sham. I'm a firm believer in fate and that 30 grand crystal ball broke for a reason.

    I assume that you are suggesting they would have played Oklahoma State and Saban was worried about that. Actually, Alabama would have likely faced Michigan in the Sugar Bowl with LSU and Oklahoma State in the BCS National Championship Game.

    So, the National Championship was a sham? How is Alabama undeserving of the game? I am an Alabama fan, but if we had not gotten a second chance against LSU, we would have only ourselves to blame. The one loss Alabama had was to LSU in overtime. If you watched the game, Alabama was clearly the better team with the exception of Special Teams, but we still lost. Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State as a result of a missed field goal, but the difference in the voters eyes would have to be that losing to the Iowa State is a much worse loss than losing to LSU. The same argument could be made for Stanford. They were just as deserving as Alabama or Oklahoma State. Alabama got the nod because of who they lost to, when they lost, and their dominance during the season. If it had been Ohio State instead of Alabama, don't you think they would get the nod over Oklahoma State or Stanford also? I'm not trying to justify it, just looking at why the decision was made. If Jim Delaney and the Pac-12 could get over the Rose Bowl game issue then we would have already had a playoff and this wouldn't be an issue.

    Now, as far as a previous comment about Alabama= racists; I currently live in Alabama, and before that lived in Cleveland. Cleveland has more racism than Alabama does. The division among the communities is shockingly more present in Ohio than in Alabama. The media loves to portray the South as backwards in this regard when that's just not reality. There is plenty of racism here, but how is it any better to stereotype an entire segment of the population because you see only what executives at a television station want you to see.

    I wish the Browns well this season and they have great fans for the most part. You guys have a really talented running back in Trent Richardson. I understand that as an Alabama fan, and an SEC fan, that we as a group are way too arrogant. Not all of us are like that though; the ones who are simply get the most airtime.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #50

    the poster came into our little haven of cleveland football knowledge and brotherhood. then some newbie first timer comes in all dressed up in his crimson tide gear saying we got the best RB blah blah blah and started talking richardson up. we get you pal. alabama is the best college team ever and every player that has ever tied up his shoelaces down there deserve fans to promote their favorite player on teams web pages.

    like i had asked before, did you hype up ingram on the saint's forum?

    how'd he do last year for them? yeah, right.

    so now this year you are on our board telling/selling the TR deliciousness campaign?

    go back to muscle shoals where you might actually know WTF you're talking about.

    this my friend is called smarm. not intended to do harm just a little smack to the back of your head.

  • @taco918 said:

    Keep in mind you're boy Saban felt it necessary to rank OSU 4th in the final rankings knowing he would actually face a legit challenge in the most balanced offense in the land. The past NC he won was, and still is a complete sham. I'm a firm believer in fate and that 30 grand crystal ball broke for a reason.

    I assume that you are suggesting they would have played Oklahoma State and Saban was worried about that. Actually, Alabama would have likely faced Michigan in the Sugar Bowl with LSU and Oklahoma State in the BCS National Championship Game.

    So, the National Championship was a sham? How is Alabama undeserving of the game? I am an Alabama fan, but if we had not gotten a second chance against LSU, we would have only ourselves to blame. The one loss Alabama had was to LSU in overtime. If you watched the game, Alabama was clearly the better team with the exception of Special Teams, but we still lost. Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State as a result of a missed field goal, but the difference in the voters eyes would have to be that losing to the Iowa State is a much worse loss than losing to LSU. The same argument could be made for Stanford. They were just as deserving as Alabama or Oklahoma State. Alabama got the nod because of who they lost to, when they lost, and their dominance during the season. If it had been Ohio State instead of Alabama, don't you think they would get the nod over Oklahoma State or Stanford also? I'm not trying to justify it, just looking at why the decision was made. If Jim Delaney and the Pac-12 could get over the Rose Bowl game issue then we would have already had a playoff and this wouldn't be an issue.

    Now, as far as a previous comment about Alabama= racists; I currently live in Alabama, and before that lived in Cleveland. Cleveland has more racism than Alabama does. The division among the communities is shockingly more present in Ohio than in Alabama. The media loves to portray the South as backwards in this regard when that's just not reality. There is plenty of racism here, but how is it any better to stereotype an entire segment of the population because you see only what executives at a television station want you to see.

    I wish the Browns well this season and they have great fans for the most part. You guys have a really talented running back in Trent Richardson. I understand that as an Alabama fan, and an SEC fan, that we as a group are way too arrogant. Not all of us are like that though; the ones who are simply get the most airtime.

    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @whoami said:

    I assume that you are suggesting they would have played Oklahoma State and Saban was worried about that. Actually, Alabama would have likely faced Michigan in the Sugar Bowl with LSU and Oklahoma State in the BCS National Championship Game.

    So, the National Championship was a sham? How is Alabama undeserving of the game? I am an Alabama fan, but if we had not gotten a second chance against LSU, we would have only ourselves to blame. The one loss Alabama had was to LSU in overtime. If you watched the game, Alabama was clearly the better team with the exception of Special Teams, but we still lost. Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State as a result of a missed field goal, but the difference in the voters eyes would have to be that losing to the Iowa State is a much worse loss than losing to LSU. The same argument could be made for Stanford. They were just as deserving as Alabama or Oklahoma State. Alabama got the nod because of who they lost to, when they lost, and their dominance during the season. If it had been Ohio State instead of Alabama, don't you think they would get the nod over Oklahoma State or Stanford also? I'm not trying to justify it, just looking at why the decision was made. If Jim Delaney and the Pac-12 could get over the Rose Bowl game issue then we would have already had a playoff and this wouldn't be an issue.

    Now, as far as a previous comment about Alabama= racists; I currently live in Alabama, and before that lived in Cleveland. Cleveland has more racism than Alabama does. The division among the communities is shockingly more present in Ohio than in Alabama. The media loves to portray the South as backwards in this regard when that's just not reality. There is plenty of racism here, but how is it any better to stereotype an entire segment of the population because you see only what executives at a television station want you to see.

    I wish the Browns well this season and they have great fans for the most part. You guys have a really talented running back in Trent Richardson. I understand that as an Alabama fan, and an SEC fan, that we as a group are way too arrogant. Not all of us are like that though; the ones who are simply get the most airtime.

    Get bent fuckwad.

  • @taco918 said:

    Keep in mind you're boy Saban felt it necessary to rank OSU 4th in the final rankings knowing he would actually face a legit challenge in the most balanced offense in the land. The past NC he won was, and still is a complete sham. I'm a firm believer in fate and that 30 grand crystal ball broke for a reason.

    I assume that you are suggesting they would have played Oklahoma State and Saban was worried about that. Actually, Alabama would have likely faced Michigan in the Sugar Bowl with LSU and Oklahoma State in the BCS National Championship Game.

    So, the National Championship was a sham? How is Alabama undeserving of the game? I am an Alabama fan, but if we had not gotten a second chance against LSU, we would have only ourselves to blame. The one loss Alabama had was to LSU in overtime. If you watched the game, Alabama was clearly the better team with the exception of Special Teams, but we still lost. Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State as a result of a missed field goal, but the difference in the voters eyes would have to be that losing to the Iowa State is a much worse loss than losing to LSU. The same argument could be made for Stanford. They were just as deserving as Alabama or Oklahoma State. Alabama got the nod because of who they lost to, when they lost, and their dominance during the season. If it had been Ohio State instead of Alabama, don't you think they would get the nod over Oklahoma State or Stanford also? I'm not trying to justify it, just looking at why the decision was made. If Jim Delaney and the Pac-12 could get over the Rose Bowl game issue then we would have already had a playoff and this wouldn't be an issue.

    Now, as far as a previous comment about Alabama= racists; I currently live in Alabama, and before that lived in Cleveland. Cleveland has more racism than Alabama does. The division among the communities is shockingly more present in Ohio than in Alabama. The media loves to portray the South as backwards in this regard when that's just not reality. There is plenty of racism here, but how is it any better to stereotype an entire segment of the population because you see only what executives at a television station want you to see.

    I wish the Browns well this season and they have great fans for the most part. You guys have a really talented running back in Trent Richardson. I understand that as an Alabama fan, and an SEC fan, that we as a group are way too arrogant. Not all of us are like that though; the ones who are simply get the most airtime.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @whoami said:

    I assume that you are suggesting they would have played Oklahoma State and Saban was worried about that. Actually, Alabama would have likely faced Michigan in the Sugar Bowl with LSU and Oklahoma State in the BCS National Championship Game.

    So, the National Championship was a sham? How is Alabama undeserving of the game? I am an Alabama fan, but if we had not gotten a second chance against LSU, we would have only ourselves to blame. The one loss Alabama had was to LSU in overtime. If you watched the game, Alabama was clearly the better team with the exception of Special Teams, but we still lost.

    My thinking about LSU having to replay Alabama is that it is a been there, done that deal. Why should they have had to prove that they are capable of beating Alabama when they had already done that?

    Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State as a result of a missed field goal, but the difference in the voters eyes would have to be that losing to the Iowa State is a much worse loss than losing to LSU.

    Yes, but they lost to LSU. They did not deserve a second chance any more than OK St. or or Stanford deserved a first chance. To me it was just a matter of fairness.

    If you are not going to have a legitimate playoff....then the loss by Alabama to LSU should have constituted an elimination game in my view....despite the apparent strength of Alabama.

    This is not to denigrate Alabama's capabilities, but to denigrate the system in place.

    If they had say and 8 team playoff and Alabama was included and in the process they defeated everyone including LSU again, then I wouldn't have a problem. But they have a one game playoff. Alabama lost to LSU, nuff said, good night, go home.

    The same argument could be made for Stanford. They were just as deserving as Alabama or Oklahoma State. Alabama got the nod because of who they lost to, when they lost, and their dominance during the season. If it had been Ohio State instead of Alabama, don't you think they would get the nod over Oklahoma State or Stanford also? I'm not trying to justify it, just looking at why the decision was made. If Jim Delaney and the Pac-12 could get over the Rose Bowl game issue then we would have already had a playoff and this wouldn't be an issue.

    I don't think the lack of a playoff can be laid directly on the backs of the Big 10/Pac 12. Plenty of players have the hand in the pot....protecting the pot. Particularly the Bowl Committees.

    Now, as far as a previous comment about Alabama= racists; I currently live in Alabama, and before that lived in Cleveland. Cleveland has more racism than Alabama does. The division among the communities is shockingly more present in Ohio than in Alabama. The media loves to portray the South as backwards in this regard when that's just not reality. There is plenty of racism here, but how is it any better to stereotype an entire segment of the population because you see only what executives at a television station want you to see.

    Now you are shuffling, big time. My in laws live in South Carolina...and it IS reality there. Sorry. It ain't Cleveland that thinks that the SEC winning a few silly football games makes up for losing the Civil War. That is your SEC mentality.

    I wish the Browns well this season and they have great fans for the most part. You guys have a really talented running back in Trent Richardson. I understand that as an Alabama fan, and an SEC fan, that we as a group are way too arrogant. Not all of us are like that though; the ones who are simply get the most airtime.

  • @taco918 said:

    Keep in mind you're boy Saban felt it necessary to rank OSU 4th in the final rankings knowing he would actually face a legit challenge in the most balanced offense in the land. The past NC he won was, and still is a complete sham. I'm a firm believer in fate and that 30 grand crystal ball broke for a reason.

    I assume that you are suggesting they would have played Oklahoma State and Saban was worried about that. Actually, Alabama would have likely faced Michigan in the Sugar Bowl with LSU and Oklahoma State in the BCS National Championship Game.

    So, the National Championship was a sham? How is Alabama undeserving of the game? I am an Alabama fan, but if we had not gotten a second chance against LSU, we would have only ourselves to blame. The one loss Alabama had was to LSU in overtime. If you watched the game, Alabama was clearly the better team with the exception of Special Teams, but we still lost. Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State as a result of a missed field goal, but the difference in the voters eyes would have to be that losing to the Iowa State is a much worse loss than losing to LSU. The same argument could be made for Stanford. They were just as deserving as Alabama or Oklahoma State. Alabama got the nod because of who they lost to, when they lost, and their dominance during the season. If it had been Ohio State instead of Alabama, don't you think they would get the nod over Oklahoma State or Stanford also? I'm not trying to justify it, just looking at why the decision was made. If Jim Delaney and the Pac-12 could get over the Rose Bowl game issue then we would have already had a playoff and this wouldn't be an issue.

    Now, as far as a previous comment about Alabama= racists; I currently live in Alabama, and before that lived in Cleveland. Cleveland has more racism than Alabama does. The division among the communities is shockingly more present in Ohio than in Alabama. The media loves to portray the South as backwards in this regard when that's just not reality. There is plenty of racism here, but how is it any better to stereotype an entire segment of the population because you see only what executives at a television station want you to see.

    I wish the Browns well this season and they have great fans for the most part. You guys have a really talented running back in Trent Richardson. I understand that as an Alabama fan, and an SEC fan, that we as a group are way too arrogant. Not all of us are like that though; the ones who are simply get the most airtime.

    T Taco918 wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @whoami said:

    I assume that you are suggesting they would have played Oklahoma State and Saban was worried about that. Actually, Alabama would have likely faced Michigan in the Sugar Bowl with LSU and Oklahoma State in the BCS National Championship Game.

    So, the National Championship was a sham? How is Alabama undeserving of the game? I am an Alabama fan, but if we had not gotten a second chance against LSU, we would have only ourselves to blame. The one loss Alabama had was to LSU in overtime. If you watched the game, Alabama was clearly the better team with the exception of Special Teams, but we still lost. Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State as a result of a missed field goal, but the difference in the voters eyes would have to be that losing to the Iowa State is a much worse loss than losing to LSU. The same argument could be made for Stanford. They were just as deserving as Alabama or Oklahoma State. Alabama got the nod because of who they lost to, when they lost, and their dominance during the season. If it had been Ohio State instead of Alabama, don't you think they would get the nod over Oklahoma State or Stanford also? I'm not trying to justify it, just looking at why the decision was made. If Jim Delaney and the Pac-12 could get over the Rose Bowl game issue then we would have already had a playoff and this wouldn't be an issue.

    Now, as far as a previous comment about Alabama= racists; I currently live in Alabama, and before that lived in Cleveland. Cleveland has more racism than Alabama does. The division among the communities is shockingly more present in Ohio than in Alabama. The media loves to portray the South as backwards in this regard when that's just not reality. There is plenty of racism here, but how is it any better to stereotype an entire segment of the population because you see only what executives at a television station want you to see.

    I wish the Browns well this season and they have great fans for the most part. You guys have a really talented running back in Trent Richardson. I understand that as an Alabama fan, and an SEC fan, that we as a group are way too arrogant. Not all of us are like that though; the ones who are simply get the most airtime.

    I'll admit I was quite intoxicated while writing that post and I was referring to Oklahoma State getting jipped out of the NC. Obviously Oklahoma State wouldn't have faced Alabama but what Saban did was a completely bush league. Saban manipulated the coaches poll to serve his own self interest. Oklahoma State was without a doubt the most dominant offense last year and were at worst the third best team in all of college football. Saban ranked them at 4 to do everything he could to ensure a rematch with LSU.

    Now I'm sure bama fans rationalized it that he was merely doing his job as a head coach. What every other college football fan saw was a punk ass misusing the privilege of voting in the coaches poll for his own advancement. Thats not the purpose of the coaches poll. It never has been and never should be. Its purose is to give those involved with the game the chance to accurately judge which team is the best. Was Oklahoma State the 4th best team last year? Nope not after they manhandled OU in Bedlem. Hell even Les Miles sleazy ass voted Oklahoma State 3rd. If Les Miles outclasses you character wise then you should know you're doing something terribly wrong.

  • @whoami said:

    I assume that you are suggesting they would have played Oklahoma State and Saban was worried about that. Actually, Alabama would have likely faced Michigan in the Sugar Bowl with LSU and Oklahoma State in the BCS National Championship Game.

    So, the National Championship was a sham? How is Alabama undeserving of the game? I am an Alabama fan, but if we had not gotten a second chance against LSU, we would have only ourselves to blame. The one loss Alabama had was to LSU in overtime. If you watched the game, Alabama was clearly the better team with the exception of Special Teams, but we still lost. Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State as a result of a missed field goal, but the difference in the voters eyes would have to be that losing to the Iowa State is a much worse loss than losing to LSU. The same argument could be made for Stanford. They were just as deserving as Alabama or Oklahoma State. Alabama got the nod because of who they lost to, when they lost, and their dominance during the season. If it had been Ohio State instead of Alabama, don't you think they would get the nod over Oklahoma State or Stanford also? I'm not trying to justify it, just looking at why the decision was made. If Jim Delaney and the Pac-12 could get over the Rose Bowl game issue then we would have already had a playoff and this wouldn't be an issue.

    Now, as far as a previous comment about Alabama= racists; I currently live in Alabama, and before that lived in Cleveland. Cleveland has more racism than Alabama does. The division among the communities is shockingly more present in Ohio than in Alabama. The media loves to portray the South as backwards in this regard when that's just not reality. There is plenty of racism here, but how is it any better to stereotype an entire segment of the population because you see only what executives at a television station want you to see.

    I wish the Browns well this season and they have great fans for the most part. You guys have a really talented running back in Trent Richardson. I understand that as an Alabama fan, and an SEC fan, that we as a group are way too arrogant. Not all of us are like that though; the ones who are simply get the most airtime.

    I'll admit I was quite intoxicated while writing that post and I was referring to Oklahoma State getting jipped out of the NC. Obviously Oklahoma State wouldn't have faced Alabama but what Saban did was a completely bush league. Saban manipulated the coaches poll to serve his own self interest. Oklahoma State was without a doubt the most dominant offense last year and were at worst the third best team in all of college football. Saban ranked them at 4 to do everything he could to ensure a rematch with LSU.

    Now I'm sure bama fans rationalized it that he was merely doing his job as a head coach. What every other college football fan saw was a punk ass misusing the privilege of voting in the coaches poll for his own advancement. Thats not the purpose of the coaches poll. It never has been and never should be. Its purose is to give those involved with the game the chance to accurately judge which team is the best. Was Oklahoma State the 4th best team last year? Nope not after they manhandled OU in Bedlem. Hell even Les Miles sleazy ass voted Oklahoma State 3rd. If Les Miles outclasses you character wise then you should know you're doing something terribly wrong.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @taco918 said:

    I'll admit I was quite intoxicated while writing that post and I was referring to Oklahoma State getting jipped out of the NC. Obviously Oklahoma State wouldn't have faced Alabama but what Saban did was a completely bush league. Saban manipulated the coaches poll to serve his own self interest. Oklahoma State was without a doubt the most dominant offense last year and were at worst the third best team in all of college football. Saban ranked them at 4 to do everything he could to ensure a rematch with LSU.

    Now I'm sure bama fans rationalized it that he was merely doing his job as a head coach. What every other college football fan saw was a punk ass misusing the privilege of voting in the coaches poll for his own advancement. Thats not the purpose of the coaches poll. It never has been and never should be. Its purose is to give those involved with the game the chance to accurately judge which team is the best. Was Oklahoma State the 4th best team last year? Nope not after they manhandled OU in Bedlem. Hell even Les Miles sleazy ass voted Oklahoma State 3rd. If Les Miles outclasses you character wise then you should know you're doing something terribly wrong.

    I guess I am not following. Just what did Nick Saban do to manipulate the Coaches poll? He didn't hold a gun to anyone's head. If there is to blame, blame the coaches...or their SIDs who voted. Enough coaches ranked Ala. ahead of both Ok St. and Stanford or other contenders to give them the second place spot.

    With an undefeated LSU out there having already defeated Alabama, I, personally would have disqualified them from playing LSU again in the title game. I would have ranked them no higher than probably 5th place.

    If LSU had lost, and it appeared that Ok St. or Stanford would have gained a spot in the title game and LSU wouldn't, then it would have been fair game for Bama to come back in and be in the National Title picture.....but NOT when they had already lost to the #1 team that was going to be in that game.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #55

    Here was the final BCS poll:

    BCS Standings - Dec. 4, 2011

    Rank Team Harris Poll USA TODAY poll Computer rank BCS Average

    1 LSU 1 1.0000 1 1.0000 1 1.0000 1.0000

    2 Alabama 2 .9471 2 .9485 3 .9300 .9419

    3 Oklahoma State 3 .9231 3 .9268 2 .9500 .9333

    4 Stanford 4 .8710 4 .8719 5 (tie) .8000 .8476

    5 Oregon 5 .8250 5 .8353 8 .7100 .7901

    6 Arkansas 7 .7523 7 .7539 5 (tie) .8000 .7687

    7 Boise State 6 .7777 6 .7647 9 .6800 .7408

    8 Kansas State 10 .6028 10 .5953 4 .8500 .6827

    9 South Carolina 9 .6376 9 .6583 10 .6700 .6553

    10 Wisconsin 8 .7165 8 .7356 14 .4600 .6374

    Now, Bama was ranked #2 in both the Harris and the USA poll. I blame them. Naturally you will hear them say: our job is to rank who we think is the best teams.

    And I say: Bullshit. Your job simply is to vote on who should be in the National Championship game. Who is entitle to their "shot" at the national title. Having ranked LSU #1 and LSU having defeated Alabama....these voters should have said "Alabama eliminated".

    I liken this to the Super Bowl. It would be like saying: " Well, we know that the Giants beat the Packers head to head.....but, really, the Packers were such the strong team all year long...so they should given a chance to play the Giants again in the Super Bowl....and lets see if the Packers can beat them this time".

    No way in hell should that happen, but, essentially it did when Bama was granted a pass into the title game.

  • @socalbamafan said:

    Man, u guys r tough, trent is a great football player and a genuine guy, at Alabama he has been the hardest worker on the team and very humble. I know college football is not as big up north as it is here. The kids here really look up to the bama players, this was a big deal to her and the school. If he is drafted by the browns, u will be impressed, I assure you.

    College football not big up North? Ever hear of Ohio State? Michigan?

    Sorry one of out posters had to start slinging mud at you right off the bat.

    We're not doubting Trent won't be good- however there's a contingent of Browns fans who question if Richardson will be that much better than several running backs who will be available in the second round.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @hoorta said:

    College football not big up North? Ever hear of Ohio State? Michigan?

    Sorry one of out posters had to start slinging mud at you right off the bat.

    We're not doubting Trent won't be good- however there's a contingent of Browns fans who question if Richardson will be that much better than several running backs who will be available in the second round.

    I have heard of them, and even rooted for one all the time and the other every once in while, but in retrospect, was misguided.

    Root SEC if you want to root for the best.

  • @taco918 said:

    I'll admit I was quite intoxicated while writing that post and I was referring to Oklahoma State getting jipped out of the NC. Obviously Oklahoma State wouldn't have faced Alabama but what Saban did was a completely bush league. Saban manipulated the coaches poll to serve his own self interest. Oklahoma State was without a doubt the most dominant offense last year and were at worst the third best team in all of college football. Saban ranked them at 4 to do everything he could to ensure a rematch with LSU.

    Now I'm sure bama fans rationalized it that he was merely doing his job as a head coach. What every other college football fan saw was a punk ass misusing the privilege of voting in the coaches poll for his own advancement. Thats not the purpose of the coaches poll. It never has been and never should be. Its purose is to give those involved with the game the chance to accurately judge which team is the best. Was Oklahoma State the 4th best team last year? Nope not after they manhandled OU in Bedlem. Hell even Les Miles sleazy ass voted Oklahoma State 3rd. If Les Miles outclasses you character wise then you should know you're doing something terribly wrong.

    I guess I am not following. Just what did Nick Saban do to manipulate the Coaches poll? He didn't hold a gun to anyone's head. If there is to blame, blame the coaches...or their SIDs who voted. Enough coaches ranked Ala. ahead of both Ok St. and Stanford or other contenders to give them the second place spot.

    With an undefeated LSU out there having already defeated Alabama, I, personally would have disqualified them from playing LSU again in the title game. I would have ranked them no higher than probably 5th place.

    If LSU had lost, and it appeared that Ok St. or Stanford would have gained a spot in the title game and LSU wouldn't, then it would have been fair game for Bama to come back in and be in the National Title picture.....but NOT when they had already lost to the #1 team that was going to be in that game.

    T Taco918 wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @the-gipper said:

    I guess I am not following. Just what did Nick Saban do to manipulate the Coaches poll? He didn't hold a gun to anyone's head. If there is to blame, blame the coaches...or their SIDs who voted. Enough coaches ranked Ala. ahead of both Ok St. and Stanford or other contenders to give them the second place spot.

    With an undefeated LSU out there having already defeated Alabama, I, personally would have disqualified them from playing LSU again in the title game. I would have ranked them no higher than probably 5th place.

    If LSU had lost, and it appeared that Ok St. or Stanford would have gained a spot in the title game and LSU wouldn't, then it would have been fair game for Bama to come back in and be in the National Title picture.....but NOT when they had already lost to the #1 team that was going to be in that game.

    I'm not disputing the overall coaches poll. My problem is with Saban's voting. He didn't need to pad the lead yet he still did. Evidently he wasn't confident enough his team's merits to make it into the championship game so he put his main rival (Oklahoma State) at a disadvantage by placing them 4th.

  • the poster came into our little haven of cleveland football knowledge and brotherhood. then some newbie first timer comes in all dressed up in his crimson tide gear saying we got the best RB blah blah blah and started talking richardson up. we get you pal. alabama is the best college team ever and every player that has ever tied up his shoelaces down there deserve fans to promote their favorite player on teams web pages.

    like i had asked before, did you hype up ingram on the saint's forum?

    how'd he do last year for them? yeah, right.

    so now this year you are on our board telling/selling the TR deliciousness campaign?

    go back to muscle shoals where you might actually know WTF you're talking about.

    this my friend is called smarm. not intended to do harm just a little smack to the back of your head.

    W WhoAmI wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @miktoxic said:

    the poster came into our little haven of cleveland football knowledge and brotherhood. then some newbie first timer comes in all dressed up in his crimson tide gear saying we got the best RB blah blah blah and started talking richardson up. we get you pal. alabama is the best college team ever and every player that has ever tied up his shoelaces down there deserve fans to promote their favorite player on teams web pages.

    like i had asked before, did you hype up ingram on the saint's forum?

    how'd he do last year for them? yeah, right.

    so now this year you are on our board telling/selling the TR deliciousness campaign?

    go back to muscle shoals where you might actually know WTF you're talking about.

    this my friend is called smarm. not intended to do harm just a little smack to the back of your head.

    I don't see that I was talking up/selling Richardson by saying you guys got a talented player.

    Apparently my theories about Alabama getting into the BCS game came off more crimson-shaded than intended. I was suggesting why the voters (not coaches) did what they did, not stating it as fact. I didn't say that Saban wasn't trying to keep Oklahoma State out of the game, just that he wasn't voting to keep from playing Oklahoma State. I said that Stanford and Oklahoma State were just as deserving as Alabama. That's a valid point. I also said that if we hadn't gotten in then we could only blame ourselves for losing. So, looking back at what I said, how did you arrive at the conclusion that I don't know what I am talking about? I would legitimately like to know, not intended as a cocky reply.

    I'll be happy to discuss football (college or NFL) with you guys anytime. It wasn't a stir-the-pot and leave post.

    I've actually never been to Muscle Shoals, but have heard that they have some decent music there.

  • W WhoAmI wrote on last edited by
    #59

    "I don't think the lack of a playoff can be laid directly on the backs of the Big 10/Pac 12. Plenty of players have the hand in the pot....protecting the pot. Particularly the Bowl Committees."

    That is a fair point. The majority of what is televised points to keeping the tradition of the Rose Bowl has kept the two conferences from wanting a playoff. This isn't helped by the Pac-10(at the time) being reluctant to join the BCS.

    "Now you are shuffling, big time. My in laws live in South Carolina...and it IS reality there. Sorry. It ain't Cleveland that thinks that the SEC winning a few silly football games makes up for losing the Civil War. That is your SEC mentality."

    I said that racism exists in Alabama, but also in Cleveland. I have lived both places and the South receives more negative coverage of race issues, but that to say the entire state = racists as was said is ignorant. What does the SEC winning football games have to do with the Civil War? Yes, there are people who talk about the South "rising again", but did I imply this in any way? I don't see how I am shuffling big time.

  • @miktoxic said:

    the poster came into our little haven of cleveland football knowledge and brotherhood. then some newbie first timer comes in all dressed up in his crimson tide gear saying we got the best RB blah blah blah and started talking richardson up. we get you pal. alabama is the best college team ever and every player that has ever tied up his shoelaces down there deserve fans to promote their favorite player on teams web pages.

    like i had asked before, did you hype up ingram on the saint's forum?

    how'd he do last year for them? yeah, right.

    so now this year you are on our board telling/selling the TR deliciousness campaign?

    go back to muscle shoals where you might actually know WTF you're talking about.

    this my friend is called smarm. not intended to do harm just a little smack to the back of your head.

    I don't see that I was talking up/selling Richardson by saying you guys got a talented player.

    Apparently my theories about Alabama getting into the BCS game came off more crimson-shaded than intended. I was suggesting why the voters (not coaches) did what they did, not stating it as fact. I didn't say that Saban wasn't trying to keep Oklahoma State out of the game, just that he wasn't voting to keep from playing Oklahoma State. I said that Stanford and Oklahoma State were just as deserving as Alabama. That's a valid point. I also said that if we hadn't gotten in then we could only blame ourselves for losing. So, looking back at what I said, how did you arrive at the conclusion that I don't know what I am talking about? I would legitimately like to know, not intended as a cocky reply.

    I'll be happy to discuss football (college or NFL) with you guys anytime. It wasn't a stir-the-pot and leave post.

    I've actually never been to Muscle Shoals, but have heard that they have some decent music there.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #60

    @whoami said:

    I don't see that I was talking up/selling Richardson by saying you guys got a talented player.

    and i wasn't trying to flame you as much as i came off. it's just the fact that we all on here have heard it from certain members of the forum about TR and how great he is 3 months before the draft. everyday all day long.

    some of us were thinking claiborn or blackmon. so we all didn't agree on what player to draft at #4 (3). so when you came in to tout TR it was like beating a dead horse.

    i'm not the guy to talk college football and yes alabama deserved the national championship. i just really don't care about stats and end-of-year voting blah blah blah. there are other members on here that will argue that for me. yeah i like ohio state cuz i'm from ohio. but my best friend likes georgia. his son's best friend graduated alabama so there are some saturday afternoon blasts that are worthy of saying that hands down the SEC is the best conf. in college football. hopefully u. meyer can help change that. but who wouldn't want to go down south or out west to play ball with warm weather and hot blonds sucking your cock all day long? those teams have an advantage in recruiting that we up north can ever show these kids.

    but i really don't care.

    give me sunday football and a browns win and i'm happy as a pig in shit.

  • @whoami said:

    I don't see that I was talking up/selling Richardson by saying you guys got a talented player.

    and i wasn't trying to flame you as much as i came off. it's just the fact that we all on here have heard it from certain members of the forum about TR and how great he is 3 months before the draft. everyday all day long.

    some of us were thinking claiborn or blackmon. so we all didn't agree on what player to draft at #4 (3). so when you came in to tout TR it was like beating a dead horse.

    i'm not the guy to talk college football and yes alabama deserved the national championship. i just really don't care about stats and end-of-year voting blah blah blah. there are other members on here that will argue that for me. yeah i like ohio state cuz i'm from ohio. but my best friend likes georgia. his son's best friend graduated alabama so there are some saturday afternoon blasts that are worthy of saying that hands down the SEC is the best conf. in college football. hopefully u. meyer can help change that. but who wouldn't want to go down south or out west to play ball with warm weather and hot blonds sucking your cock all day long? those teams have an advantage in recruiting that we up north can ever show these kids.

    but i really don't care.

    give me sunday football and a browns win and i'm happy as a pig in shit.

    B Bills-n-Browns-Fan wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @miktoxic said:

    and i wasn't trying to flame you as much as i came off. it's just the fact that we all on here have heard it from certain members of the forum about TR and how great he is 3 months before the draft. everyday all day long.

    some of us were thinking claiborn or blackmon. so we all didn't agree on what player to draft at #4 (3). so when you came in to tout TR it was like beating a dead horse.

    i'm not the guy to talk college football and yes alabama deserved the national championship. i just really don't care about stats and end-of-year voting blah blah blah. there are other members on here that will argue that for me. yeah i like ohio state cuz i'm from ohio. but my best friend likes georgia. his son's best friend graduated alabama so there are some saturday afternoon blasts that are worthy of saying that hands down the SEC is the best conf. in college football. hopefully u. meyer can help change that. but who wouldn't want to go down south or out west to play ball with warm weather and hot blonds sucking your cock all day long? those teams have an advantage in recruiting that we up north can ever show these kids.

    but i really don't care.

    give me sunday football and a browns win and i'm happy as a pig in shit.

    You mean PoeticG...

  • @miktoxic said:

    the poster came into our little haven of cleveland football knowledge and brotherhood. then some newbie first timer comes in all dressed up in his crimson tide gear saying we got the best RB blah blah blah and started talking richardson up. we get you pal. alabama is the best college team ever and every player that has ever tied up his shoelaces down there deserve fans to promote their favorite player on teams web pages.

    like i had asked before, did you hype up ingram on the saint's forum?

    how'd he do last year for them? yeah, right.

    so now this year you are on our board telling/selling the TR deliciousness campaign?

    go back to muscle shoals where you might actually know WTF you're talking about.

    this my friend is called smarm. not intended to do harm just a little smack to the back of your head.

    I don't see that I was talking up/selling Richardson by saying you guys got a talented player.

    Apparently my theories about Alabama getting into the BCS game came off more crimson-shaded than intended. I was suggesting why the voters (not coaches) did what they did, not stating it as fact. I didn't say that Saban wasn't trying to keep Oklahoma State out of the game, just that he wasn't voting to keep from playing Oklahoma State. I said that Stanford and Oklahoma State were just as deserving as Alabama. That's a valid point. I also said that if we hadn't gotten in then we could only blame ourselves for losing. So, looking back at what I said, how did you arrive at the conclusion that I don't know what I am talking about? I would legitimately like to know, not intended as a cocky reply.

    I'll be happy to discuss football (college or NFL) with you guys anytime. It wasn't a stir-the-pot and leave post.

    I've actually never been to Muscle Shoals, but have heard that they have some decent music there.

    Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @whoami said:

    I don't see that I was talking up/selling Richardson by saying you guys got a talented player.

    Apparently my theories about Alabama getting into the BCS game came off more crimson-shaded than intended. I was suggesting why the voters (not coaches) did what they did, not stating it as fact. I didn't say that Saban wasn't trying to keep Oklahoma State out of the game, just that he wasn't voting to keep from playing Oklahoma State. I said that Stanford and Oklahoma State were just as deserving as Alabama. That's a valid point. I also said that if we hadn't gotten in then we could only blame ourselves for losing. So, looking back at what I said, how did you arrive at the conclusion that I don't know what I am talking about? I would legitimately like to know, not intended as a cocky reply.

    I'll be happy to discuss football (college or NFL) with you guys anytime. It wasn't a stir-the-pot and leave post.

    I've actually never been to Muscle Shoals, but have heard that they have some decent music there.

    Basically what it comes down to is why you people feel a need to always come on here and hype about your favorite player and try to sell them to use? You make an account and you come on and post 3-7 times and your gone. Save us the trouble and just don't show up. Your not going to contribute more than you currently have and if you had taken just 5 minutes to look around you would find out we had to deal with more than enough of your kind already.

  • @whoami said:

    I don't see that I was talking up/selling Richardson by saying you guys got a talented player.

    Apparently my theories about Alabama getting into the BCS game came off more crimson-shaded than intended. I was suggesting why the voters (not coaches) did what they did, not stating it as fact. I didn't say that Saban wasn't trying to keep Oklahoma State out of the game, just that he wasn't voting to keep from playing Oklahoma State. I said that Stanford and Oklahoma State were just as deserving as Alabama. That's a valid point. I also said that if we hadn't gotten in then we could only blame ourselves for losing. So, looking back at what I said, how did you arrive at the conclusion that I don't know what I am talking about? I would legitimately like to know, not intended as a cocky reply.

    I'll be happy to discuss football (college or NFL) with you guys anytime. It wasn't a stir-the-pot and leave post.

    I've actually never been to Muscle Shoals, but have heard that they have some decent music there.

    Basically what it comes down to is why you people feel a need to always come on here and hype about your favorite player and try to sell them to use? You make an account and you come on and post 3-7 times and your gone. Save us the trouble and just don't show up. Your not going to contribute more than you currently have and if you had taken just 5 minutes to look around you would find out we had to deal with more than enough of your kind already.

    W WhoAmI wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Basically what it comes down to is why you people feel a need to always come on here and hype about your favorite player and try to sell them to use? You make an account and you come on and post 3-7 times and your gone. Save us the trouble and just don't show up. Your not going to contribute more than you currently have and if you had taken just 5 minutes to look around you would find out we had to deal with more than enough of your kind already.

    If you had taken time to read my posts, you would see that I didn't come in here trying to sell anyone to you. I can't make it any clearer than that, but maybe by again referencing my original post. I said you guys got a talented player in Trent Richardson. That's it. In no way does that translate into "Trent is my favorite player, you guys are soooooo lucky to have him." I have been active in enough message boards to know that some people do that. I didn't. If you in particular feel the need to try to call me out for something that didn't happen, then go right ahead. If you disagreed with my post, tell me. Telling me to "get bent" and referencing "my kind" doesn't add anything constructive to any of this.

    I can understand that you guys don't know me and my first post while not intended came across jaded. So, here's some info about me. My name is Scott, I am 31. I have lived in Atlanta, Nashville, Cleveland, and currently Birmingham. I love the NFL, College Football, and MLB. If there is anything else I can provide that will help you get to know me better, let me know. I am going to stay on the board. I chose this one because I like the Browns and hope that I can change the perception that I am a typical SEC homer that knows nothing about sports.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I guess I am not following. Just what did Nick Saban do to manipulate the Coaches poll? He didn't hold a gun to anyone's head. If there is to blame, blame the coaches...or their SIDs who voted. Enough coaches ranked Ala. ahead of both Ok St. and Stanford or other contenders to give them the second place spot.

    With an undefeated LSU out there having already defeated Alabama, I, personally would have disqualified them from playing LSU again in the title game. I would have ranked them no higher than probably 5th place.

    If LSU had lost, and it appeared that Ok St. or Stanford would have gained a spot in the title game and LSU wouldn't, then it would have been fair game for Bama to come back in and be in the National Title picture.....but NOT when they had already lost to the #1 team that was going to be in that game.

    I'm not disputing the overall coaches poll. My problem is with Saban's voting. He didn't need to pad the lead yet he still did. Evidently he wasn't confident enough his team's merits to make it into the championship game so he put his main rival (Oklahoma State) at a disadvantage by placing them 4th.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @taco918 said:

    I'm not disputing the overall coaches poll. My problem is with Saban's voting. He didn't need to pad the lead yet he still did. Evidently he wasn't confident enough his team's merits to make it into the championship game so he put his main rival (Oklahoma State) at a disadvantage by placing them 4th.

    Again, to me, it is a flaw in the system. You say, apparently, that because Saban voted Ok St. 4th, that that single coaches vote put his team in the NC game ahead of someone else, right?

    If it really came down to that small of a margin of error, then, again, something is wrong with the system.

    First off, it creates a conflict of interest to me. The BCS should NOT be allowing those who are involved in the competition to vote.

    It would be like say, letting Mary Lou Retton to not only be a competitor in her gymnastics event, but also letter her be one of the judges of the event.

    It would be like allowing OJ Simpson to sit on the jury of his own trial.

    I can see where a more extreme case could occur, (and it probably has). I can see where a coach, like Nick Saban, could list a team that he is in competiton with for a title game spot

    to not just vote them 4th instead of 3rd, but to vote them 10th.

    In fact, I swear this has happened in the past where a coach turned in his ballot and didn't even rank another team in the top 25 that nearly everyone else ranked in the top 5.

  • "I don't think the lack of a playoff can be laid directly on the backs of the Big 10/Pac 12. Plenty of players have the hand in the pot....protecting the pot. Particularly the Bowl Committees."

    That is a fair point. The majority of what is televised points to keeping the tradition of the Rose Bowl has kept the two conferences from wanting a playoff. This isn't helped by the Pac-10(at the time) being reluctant to join the BCS.

    "Now you are shuffling, big time. My in laws live in South Carolina...and it IS reality there. Sorry. It ain't Cleveland that thinks that the SEC winning a few silly football games makes up for losing the Civil War. That is your SEC mentality."

    I said that racism exists in Alabama, but also in Cleveland. I have lived both places and the South receives more negative coverage of race issues, but that to say the entire state = racists as was said is ignorant. What does the SEC winning football games have to do with the Civil War? Yes, there are people who talk about the South "rising again", but did I imply this in any way? I don't see how I am shuffling big time.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @whoami said:

    "I don't think the lack of a playoff can be laid directly on the backs of the Big 10/Pac 12. Plenty of players have the hand in the pot....protecting the pot. Particularly the Bowl Committees."

    That is a fair point. The majority of what is televised points to keeping the tradition of the Rose Bowl has kept the two conferences from wanting a playoff. This isn't helped by the Pac-10(at the time) being reluctant to join the BCS.

    Well, I think their should be a full national championship playoff, not this silly BCS, so it doesn't bother me if one or two of the conferences are reluctant to join it.

    "Now you are shuffling, big time. My in laws live in South Carolina...and it IS reality there. Sorry. It ain't Cleveland that thinks that the SEC winning a few silly football games makes up for losing the Civil War. That is your SEC mentality."

    I said that racism exists in Alabama, but also in Cleveland. I have lived both places and the South receives more negative coverage of race issues, but that to say the entire state = racists as was said is ignorant.

    I don't think anyone is saying the entire state is racists, by no means. But I would stick to the fact that there are still a greater percentage of racists there in the south...still, than in the north. (and of course Cleveland, like every other major city has its racial divides)

    What does the SEC winning football games have to do with the Civil War? Yes, there are people who talk about the South "rising again", but did I imply this in any way?

    You answered your own question...that some see SEC dominance in football as the proof that the "South rose again". The things that allowed the "South to rise again" is air conditioning, and the desire of snowbirds to get away from snow drifts and high heating bills.

    I don't see how I am shuffling big time.

    I was talking about your comment that there are more racists in Cleveland than Alabama. That my friend is clearly doing a Stepin Fetchit Shuffle (was that racist to call it that?)

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    Basically what it comes down to is why you people feel a need to always come on here and hype about your favorite player and try to sell them to use? You make an account and you come on and post 3-7 times and your gone. Save us the trouble and just don't show up. Your not going to contribute more than you currently have and if you had taken just 5 minutes to look around you would find out we had to deal with more than enough of your kind already.

    If you had taken time to read my posts, you would see that I didn't come in here trying to sell anyone to you. I can't make it any clearer than that, but maybe by again referencing my original post. I said you guys got a talented player in Trent Richardson. That's it. In no way does that translate into "Trent is my favorite player, you guys are soooooo lucky to have him." I have been active in enough message boards to know that some people do that. I didn't. If you in particular feel the need to try to call me out for something that didn't happen, then go right ahead. If you disagreed with my post, tell me. Telling me to "get bent" and referencing "my kind" doesn't add anything constructive to any of this.

    I can understand that you guys don't know me and my first post while not intended came across jaded. So, here's some info about me. My name is Scott, I am 31. I have lived in Atlanta, Nashville, Cleveland, and currently Birmingham. I love the NFL, College Football, and MLB. If there is anything else I can provide that will help you get to know me better, let me know. I am going to stay on the board. I chose this one because I like the Browns and hope that I can change the perception that I am a typical SEC homer that knows nothing about sports.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #66

    @whoami said:

    If you had taken time to read my posts, you would see that I didn't come in here trying to sell anyone to you. I can't make it any clearer than that, but maybe by again referencing my original post. I said you guys got a talented player in Trent Richardson. That's it. In no way does that translate into "Trent is my favorite player, you guys are soooooo lucky to have him." I have been active in enough message boards to know that some people do that. I didn't. If you in particular feel the need to try to call me out for something that didn't happen, then go right ahead. If you disagreed with my post, tell me. Telling me to "get bent" and referencing "my kind" doesn't add anything constructive to any of this.

    I can understand that you guys don't know me and my first post while not intended came across jaded. So, here's some info about me. My name is Scott, I am 31. I have lived in Atlanta, Nashville, Cleveland, and currently Birmingham. I love the NFL, College Football, and MLB. If there is anything else I can provide that will help you get to know me better, let me know. I am going to stay on the board. I chose this one because I like the Browns and hope that I can change the perception that I am a typical SEC homer that knows nothing about sports.

    Can you provide your social security number and bank account numbers along with your ATM PIN? 😁

    You said you wanted to get friendly!

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #67

    A proper National Championship Playoff should simply be based on the same way they do things at all the other levels of college football, FCS D-II, and D-III, and should look like this:

    Champions of the following conferenced get automatic bids:

    ACC

    Big 12

    Big 10

    Big East

    Pac 12

    SEC

    Conf-USA

    MAC

    WAC

    Mountain West

    Sun Belt

    Plus 5 At Large teams.

    One caveat: I would suggest a merger between Mt West and WAC and Conf USA and Sun Belt. That would mean 9 automatic bids and 7 At large teams that would play off in a 16 team Bracket.

    home-tournament-16-thumb.jpg

    Of course you would have the Top Seed play the 16 seed etc. The Bowls could be incorporated into this. Perhaps the first round at least would be at the home field of the highest seed.

    It all makes too much sense.

    I know there are some logistics issues about getting fans to the games as the teams go on into the tournament...but so what? Fans are resilient. They will get to see their teams play, if they want. If not, other college football fans will go. I doubt there would be an unsold seat for any game. And the TV money would be astronomical.

    No, it has only to do with those who are currently controlling things: ie, bowl committees, who would lose out. But, they really wouldn't either if the Final Eight/Four/Title games were played in the Rose Bowl/Sugar/Fiesta/Orange etc. bowls. Even some of the lesser bowls would do better.

  • W WhoAmI wrote on last edited by
    #68

    I can see what you are saying about my post. I was referencing one post in particular that I took exception to. Hopefully I will be able to have more quoting capabilities as my post count rises. I know the perception of the state and just like you guys are tired of people going over the top about draft choices, I get tired of being labeled as a redneck or racist because of where I live. I know that was not the intent and that was over-reaction on my part.

    I am not disputing that there are more racists in Alabama than Cleveland, just my observance that their appears to be more apprehension in Cleveland (from my experiences) in interacting with other races than I have seen in Alabama. I should have read over that before posting.

    As far as my social and my bank information, there isn't enough value there to waste your time with. Maybe this weekend when I am up there I will win the Lotto. If I do, I'll buy a round for any of you who want one.