Skip to content

Trent Richardson Takes Cancer Survivor To Her Prom

The Browns Board
75 19 2.9k
  • @harry-buffalo said:

    Basically what it comes down to is why you people feel a need to always come on here and hype about your favorite player and try to sell them to use? You make an account and you come on and post 3-7 times and your gone. Save us the trouble and just don't show up. Your not going to contribute more than you currently have and if you had taken just 5 minutes to look around you would find out we had to deal with more than enough of your kind already.

    If you had taken time to read my posts, you would see that I didn't come in here trying to sell anyone to you. I can't make it any clearer than that, but maybe by again referencing my original post. I said you guys got a talented player in Trent Richardson. That's it. In no way does that translate into "Trent is my favorite player, you guys are soooooo lucky to have him." I have been active in enough message boards to know that some people do that. I didn't. If you in particular feel the need to try to call me out for something that didn't happen, then go right ahead. If you disagreed with my post, tell me. Telling me to "get bent" and referencing "my kind" doesn't add anything constructive to any of this.

    I can understand that you guys don't know me and my first post while not intended came across jaded. So, here's some info about me. My name is Scott, I am 31. I have lived in Atlanta, Nashville, Cleveland, and currently Birmingham. I love the NFL, College Football, and MLB. If there is anything else I can provide that will help you get to know me better, let me know. I am going to stay on the board. I chose this one because I like the Browns and hope that I can change the perception that I am a typical SEC homer that knows nothing about sports.

    @whoami said:

    If you had taken time to read my posts, you would see that I didn't come in here trying to sell anyone to you. I can't make it any clearer than that, but maybe by again referencing my original post. I said you guys got a talented player in Trent Richardson. That's it. In no way does that translate into "Trent is my favorite player, you guys are soooooo lucky to have him." I have been active in enough message boards to know that some people do that. I didn't. If you in particular feel the need to try to call me out for something that didn't happen, then go right ahead. If you disagreed with my post, tell me. Telling me to "get bent" and referencing "my kind" doesn't add anything constructive to any of this.

    I can understand that you guys don't know me and my first post while not intended came across jaded. So, here's some info about me. My name is Scott, I am 31. I have lived in Atlanta, Nashville, Cleveland, and currently Birmingham. I love the NFL, College Football, and MLB. If there is anything else I can provide that will help you get to know me better, let me know. I am going to stay on the board. I chose this one because I like the Browns and hope that I can change the perception that I am a typical SEC homer that knows nothing about sports.

    Can you provide your social security number and bank account numbers along with your ATM PIN? 😁

    You said you wanted to get friendly!

  • A proper National Championship Playoff should simply be based on the same way they do things at all the other levels of college football, FCS D-II, and D-III, and should look like this:

    Champions of the following conferenced get automatic bids:

    ACC

    Big 12

    Big 10

    Big East

    Pac 12

    SEC

    Conf-USA

    MAC

    WAC

    Mountain West

    Sun Belt

    Plus 5 At Large teams.

    One caveat: I would suggest a merger between Mt West and WAC and Conf USA and Sun Belt. That would mean 9 automatic bids and 7 At large teams that would play off in a 16 team Bracket.

    home-tournament-16-thumb.jpg

    Of course you would have the Top Seed play the 16 seed etc. The Bowls could be incorporated into this. Perhaps the first round at least would be at the home field of the highest seed.

    It all makes too much sense.

    I know there are some logistics issues about getting fans to the games as the teams go on into the tournament...but so what? Fans are resilient. They will get to see their teams play, if they want. If not, other college football fans will go. I doubt there would be an unsold seat for any game. And the TV money would be astronomical.

    No, it has only to do with those who are currently controlling things: ie, bowl committees, who would lose out. But, they really wouldn't either if the Final Eight/Four/Title games were played in the Rose Bowl/Sugar/Fiesta/Orange etc. bowls. Even some of the lesser bowls would do better.

  • I can see what you are saying about my post. I was referencing one post in particular that I took exception to. Hopefully I will be able to have more quoting capabilities as my post count rises. I know the perception of the state and just like you guys are tired of people going over the top about draft choices, I get tired of being labeled as a redneck or racist because of where I live. I know that was not the intent and that was over-reaction on my part.

    I am not disputing that there are more racists in Alabama than Cleveland, just my observance that their appears to be more apprehension in Cleveland (from my experiences) in interacting with other races than I have seen in Alabama. I should have read over that before posting.

    As far as my social and my bank information, there isn't enough value there to waste your time with. Maybe this weekend when I am up there I will win the Lotto. If I do, I'll buy a round for any of you who want one.

  • A proper National Championship Playoff should simply be based on the same way they do things at all the other levels of college football, FCS D-II, and D-III, and should look like this:

    Champions of the following conferenced get automatic bids:

    ACC

    Big 12

    Big 10

    Big East

    Pac 12

    SEC

    Conf-USA

    MAC

    WAC

    Mountain West

    Sun Belt

    Plus 5 At Large teams.

    One caveat: I would suggest a merger between Mt West and WAC and Conf USA and Sun Belt. That would mean 9 automatic bids and 7 At large teams that would play off in a 16 team Bracket.

    home-tournament-16-thumb.jpg

    Of course you would have the Top Seed play the 16 seed etc. The Bowls could be incorporated into this. Perhaps the first round at least would be at the home field of the highest seed.

    It all makes too much sense.

    I know there are some logistics issues about getting fans to the games as the teams go on into the tournament...but so what? Fans are resilient. They will get to see their teams play, if they want. If not, other college football fans will go. I doubt there would be an unsold seat for any game. And the TV money would be astronomical.

    No, it has only to do with those who are currently controlling things: ie, bowl committees, who would lose out. But, they really wouldn't either if the Final Eight/Four/Title games were played in the Rose Bowl/Sugar/Fiesta/Orange etc. bowls. Even some of the lesser bowls would do better.

    @the-gipper said:

    A proper National Championship Playoff should simply be based on the same way they do things at all the other levels of college football, FCS D-II, and D-III, and should look like this:

    Champions of the following conferenced get automatic bids:

    ACC

    Big 12

    Big 10

    Big East

    Pac 12

    SEC

    Conf-USA

    MAC

    WAC

    Mountain West

    Sun Belt

    Plus 5 At Large teams.

    One caveat: I would suggest a merger between Mt West and WAC and Conf USA and Sun Belt. That would mean 9 automatic bids and 7 At large teams that would play off in a 16 team Bracket.

    home-tournament-16-thumb.jpg

    Of course you would have the Top Seed play the 16 seed etc. The Bowls could be incorporated into this. Perhaps the first round at least would be at the home field of the highest seed.

    It all makes too much sense.

    I know there are some logistics issues about getting fans to the games as the teams go on into the tournament...but so what? Fans are resilient. They will get to see their teams play, if they want. If not, other college football fans will go. I doubt there would be an unsold seat for any game. And the TV money would be astronomical.

    No, it has only to do with those who are currently controlling things: ie, bowl committees, who would lose out. But, they really wouldn't either if the Final Eight/Four/Title games were played in the Rose Bowl/Sugar/Fiesta/Orange etc. bowls. Even some of the lesser bowls would do better.

    I completely agree with this. Hopefully the realignment will calm down and this can come to fruition. There would be no need to find a better conference if there were 16 teams that would get an invite.

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    Basically what it comes down to is why you people feel a need to always come on here and hype about your favorite player and try to sell them to use? You make an account and you come on and post 3-7 times and your gone. Save us the trouble and just don't show up. Your not going to contribute more than you currently have and if you had taken just 5 minutes to look around you would find out we had to deal with more than enough of your kind already.

    If you had taken time to read my posts, you would see that I didn't come in here trying to sell anyone to you. I can't make it any clearer than that, but maybe by again referencing my original post. I said you guys got a talented player in Trent Richardson. That's it. In no way does that translate into "Trent is my favorite player, you guys are soooooo lucky to have him." I have been active in enough message boards to know that some people do that. I didn't. If you in particular feel the need to try to call me out for something that didn't happen, then go right ahead. If you disagreed with my post, tell me. Telling me to "get bent" and referencing "my kind" doesn't add anything constructive to any of this.

    I can understand that you guys don't know me and my first post while not intended came across jaded. So, here's some info about me. My name is Scott, I am 31. I have lived in Atlanta, Nashville, Cleveland, and currently Birmingham. I love the NFL, College Football, and MLB. If there is anything else I can provide that will help you get to know me better, let me know. I am going to stay on the board. I chose this one because I like the Browns and hope that I can change the perception that I am a typical SEC homer that knows nothing about sports.

    @whoami said:

    So, here's some info about me. My name is Scott, I am 31. I have lived in Atlanta, Nashville, Cleveland, and currently Birmingham. I love the NFL, College Football, and MLB. If there is anything else I can provide that will help you get to know me better, let me know.

    do you like pina colodas? gettin caught in the rain?

    @whoami said:

    hope that I can change the perception that I am a typical SEC homer that knows nothing about sports.

    = username ballpeen

  • @whoami said:

    So, here's some info about me. My name is Scott, I am 31. I have lived in Atlanta, Nashville, Cleveland, and currently Birmingham. I love the NFL, College Football, and MLB. If there is anything else I can provide that will help you get to know me better, let me know.

    do you like pina colodas? gettin caught in the rain?

    @whoami said:

    hope that I can change the perception that I am a typical SEC homer that knows nothing about sports.

    = username ballpeen

    @miktoxic said:

    do you like pina colodas? gettin caught in the rain?

    Not really, but I could waste away in Margaritaville.

  • Fair enough Who Am I. (Who are you, oo, oo, oo, oo)

    Back to my bracket, if you took last year's results you would have a field that looked like this more or less:

    ACC Clemson

    Big 12 OK St.

    Big East Cincinnati

    Big 10 Wisconsin

    Pac-12 Stanford

    SEC LSU

    C-USA Houston

    MAC N. Illinois

    WAC La. Tech

    Mt. West TCU

    Sun Belt Arkansas St.

    At Large: Alabama, Oregon, Boise St. Michigan St. Arkansas

    If some of the conferences were consolidated, then add Va. Tech and either Georgia or South Carolina to the At-Large spots.

    It would not also bother me if you made LSU and Alabama the #1 and #2 seed, and put them at either end of the Brackets.

    And you would have had first round matchups like this (per "The Gipper's seeding system):

    #1 LSU vs. #16 La. Tech

    #2 Alabama vs. #15 Ark. St.

    #3 Oklahoma St. vs. #14 No. Illinois

    #4 Stanford vs. #13 Clemson

    #5 Wisconsin vs #12 Cincinnati

    #6 Oregon vs. #11 Houston

    #7 Arkansas vs. #10 TCU

    #8 Michigan St. vs. #9 Boise St.

    You could play around with these seedings a little, but I think they are fairly good. There are actually some good regional matchups in this first round....and in several cases travel distances could be minimized. Sorry, but a couple of teams have to go west coast.

    If chalk held, second round matches would have looked like this:

    LSU vs. Mich St.

    Alabama vs. Arkansas

    Oklahoma St. vs. Oregon

    Stanford vs. Wisconsin

    Again, if chalk held you would have:

    LSU vs. Stanford

    Alabama vs. OK. St.

    Then the title game could have been LSU v. Ala......but at least then these two would have faced a serious gauntlet to get there, and who knows what would happen along the way.

  • Fair enough Who Am I. (Who are you, oo, oo, oo, oo)

    Back to my bracket, if you took last year's results you would have a field that looked like this more or less:

    ACC Clemson

    Big 12 OK St.

    Big East Cincinnati

    Big 10 Wisconsin

    Pac-12 Stanford

    SEC LSU

    C-USA Houston

    MAC N. Illinois

    WAC La. Tech

    Mt. West TCU

    Sun Belt Arkansas St.

    At Large: Alabama, Oregon, Boise St. Michigan St. Arkansas

    If some of the conferences were consolidated, then add Va. Tech and either Georgia or South Carolina to the At-Large spots.

    It would not also bother me if you made LSU and Alabama the #1 and #2 seed, and put them at either end of the Brackets.

    And you would have had first round matchups like this (per "The Gipper's seeding system):

    #1 LSU vs. #16 La. Tech

    #2 Alabama vs. #15 Ark. St.

    #3 Oklahoma St. vs. #14 No. Illinois

    #4 Stanford vs. #13 Clemson

    #5 Wisconsin vs #12 Cincinnati

    #6 Oregon vs. #11 Houston

    #7 Arkansas vs. #10 TCU

    #8 Michigan St. vs. #9 Boise St.

    You could play around with these seedings a little, but I think they are fairly good. There are actually some good regional matchups in this first round....and in several cases travel distances could be minimized. Sorry, but a couple of teams have to go west coast.

    If chalk held, second round matches would have looked like this:

    LSU vs. Mich St.

    Alabama vs. Arkansas

    Oklahoma St. vs. Oregon

    Stanford vs. Wisconsin

    Again, if chalk held you would have:

    LSU vs. Stanford

    Alabama vs. OK. St.

    Then the title game could have been LSU v. Ala......but at least then these two would have faced a serious gauntlet to get there, and who knows what would happen along the way.

    @the-gipper said:

    Fair enough Who Am I. (Who are you, oo, oo, oo, oo)

    Back to my bracket, if you took last year's results you would have a field that looked like this more or less:

    ACC Clemson

    Big 12 OK St.

    Big East Cincinnati

    Big 10 Wisconsin

    Pac-12 Stanford

    SEC LSU

    C-USA Houston

    MAC N. Illinois

    WAC La. Tech

    Mt. West TCU

    Sun Belt Arkansas St.

    At Large: Alabama, Oregon, Boise St. Michigan St. Arkansas

    If some of the conferences were consolidated, then add Va. Tech and either Georgia or South Carolina to the At-Large spots.

    It would not also bother me if you made LSU and Alabama the #1 and #2 seed, and put them at either end of the Brackets.

    And you would have had first round matchups like this (per "The Gipper's seeding system):

    #1 LSU vs. #16 La. Tech

    #2 Alabama vs. #15 Ark. St.

    #3 Oklahoma St. vs. #14 No. Illinois

    #4 Stanford vs. #13 Clemson

    #5 Wisconsin vs #12 Cincinnati

    #6 Oregon vs. #11 Houston

    #7 Arkansas vs. #10 TCU

    #8 Michigan St. vs. #9 Boise St.

    You could play around with these seedings a little, but I think they are fairly good. There are actually some good regional matchups in this first round....and in several cases travel distances could be minimized. Sorry, but a couple of teams have to go west coast.

    If chalk held, second round matches would have looked like this:

    LSU vs. Mich St.

    Alabama vs. Arkansas

    Oklahoma St. vs. Oregon

    Stanford vs. Wisconsin

    Again, if chalk held you would have:

    LSU vs. Stanford

    Alabama vs. OK. St.

    Then the title game could have been LSU v. Ala......but at least then these two would have faced a serious gauntlet to get there, and who knows what would happen along the way.

    That is completely acceptable. Too many teams such as Alabama, Notre Dame, USC, Michigan, Ohio State, etc.. get passes sometimes due to name. I don't doubt this helped Alabama last year. They aren't always the better team though. For example, a few years ago, Utah beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl because they were the better team. I would much rather have a playoff.

    btw, WhoAmI is a reference to a song I like by Dave Matthews Band.

  • Well, one thing we can forget is having the WAC in on the playoffs. After all the realignment of conferences, the WAC is down to just two team: Idaho and New Mexico St.

    As it will stand in about 2014 after all the realignment comes down you will have the following conference lineups:

    BIG TEN, 12 members:

    Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Mich. St., Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio St., Penn St. Wisconsin, Nebraska, Purdue

    PAC 12, 12 members:

    Arizona, Ariz. St., Cal, Oregon, Ore St., Stanford, UCLA, USC, Wash., Wash St., Colorado, Utah

    BIG 12, 10 members:

    Baylor, Iowa St., Kansas, Kan. St., Oklahoma, OK St., Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, West Virg.

    SEC, 14 members:

    Alabama, Ark, Auburn, Fla, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Ole Miss, Miss St., So. Caro., Tenn. Vandy, Missouri, Texas A&M

    Big East, 11 members:

    Cinci, L-ville, UConn, Rutgers, South Fla., Temple, Boise St. Houston, Memphis, SMU, Cent. Fla.

    ACC, 14 members:

    Boston College, Clemson, Duke, FSU, Ga. Tech, Maryland, Miami, NC, NC ST., Virginia, Va. Tech, Wake Forest, Pitt, Syracuse

    Mountain West, 11 members:

    Air Force, Colo. St., New Mex., San Diego St., UNLV, Wyoming, Fresno St., Hawaii, Nevada, San Jose St., Utah St.

    Conf.-USA, 12 members:

    East Carolina, Marshall, Rice, So. Miss., Tulsa, Tulane, UAB, UTEP, Fla Int'l, North Texas, UT-San Antonio

    Sun Belt, 10 members:

    Ark. St., Fla-Atlantic, Lou-Lafayette, Lou-Monroe, Mid Tenn. St., Troy St., West. KY, So. Alabama, Georgia St., Texas St.

    MAC, 13 members:

    Akron, Ball St., Bowling Green, Buffalo, Cent. Mich, E. Mich., West. Mich., Kent St. Miami O.,

    N. Illinois, Ohio U., Toledo, UMass.

    WAC, 2 members:

    Idaho, N.Mex. St.

    Independents, 4:

    Army, Navy, Notre Dame, BYU

    Clearly some additional changes will be forthcoming. Obviously the WAC will seemingly go under. Not sure why the MWC doesn't just absorb those last two members.

    That is 121 schools that are in now 10 viable confereces plus 4 independents.

    Maybe 10 Automatic plus 6 at large is a number that my proposed playoff system could work with.

  • @whoami said:

    So, here's some info about me. My name is Scott, I am 31. I have lived in Atlanta, Nashville, Cleveland, and currently Birmingham. I love the NFL, College Football, and MLB. If there is anything else I can provide that will help you get to know me better, let me know.

    do you like pina colodas? gettin caught in the rain?

    @whoami said:

    hope that I can change the perception that I am a typical SEC homer that knows nothing about sports.

    = username ballpeen

    @miktoxic said:

    do you like pina colodas? gettin caught in the rain?

    Ha! Funny...

    Zombo