Skip to content

Eff It! Let's Draft Tannehill...

The Browns Board
26 17 1.4k
  • Why? The Browns Greatest QB was Otto Graham and he wasn't a college QB either.

    I'm just sayin'...

    Then again it may just be that my case of draft-mania is now in full bloom... 😵

    C'mon 26 April... 😎

  • Sure, let's pass on a 1600 yard a season 20+ Touchdown machine in Trent Richardson for a project backup QB in Tannehill... riiiight.

  • God knows I love you Browns Fans as much as the Browns... but c'mon guys, if we don't take Richardson we're really asking for it now. We've been the butt of jokes and mocked and scorned and on and on...

    Let's change all that and draft this beast. We ALL loved Hillis, Richardson is twice the player Hillis could ever DREAM to be!

    I'm totally serious when I talked about punching Harrison in the mouth, Lewis in the mouth, Poly-urine-stain in his freaking mouth... Anybody that gets in Richardson way IS getting laid the fuck out.

    He's gonna go to war for us if he's our pick... And we're gonna need him.

  • shut up PG

  • shut up PG

    @blowe said:

    shut up PG

    The one thing about drafting Blackmon is we don't really have a "BlackmonIzDaHizzy" guy that we would have to deal with for ten years.

    Zombo

  • Why? The Browns Greatest QB was Otto Graham and he wasn't a college QB either.

    I'm just sayin'...

    Then again it may just be that my case of draft-mania is now in full bloom... 😵

    C'mon 26 April... 😎

    @tour2ma said:

    Why? The Browns Greatest QB was Otto Graham and he wasn't a college QB either.

    I'm just sayin'...

    Really? How do you figure that? (though I think it may be a case of where there was no such thing as a QB per se in college when he played...but he did perform the function of a QB)

  • God knows I love you Browns Fans as much as the Browns... but c'mon guys, if we don't take Richardson we're really asking for it now. We've been the butt of jokes and mocked and scorned and on and on...

    Let's change all that and draft this beast. We ALL loved Hillis, Richardson is twice the player Hillis could ever DREAM to be!

    I'm totally serious when I talked about punching Harrison in the mouth, Lewis in the mouth, Poly-urine-stain in his freaking mouth... Anybody that gets in Richardson way IS getting laid the fuck out.

    He's gonna go to war for us if he's our pick... And we're gonna need him.

    @poeticg said:

    God knows I love you Browns Fans as much as the Browns... but c'mon guys, if we don't take Richardson we're really asking for it now. We've been the butt of jokes and mocked and scorned and on and on...

    Let's change all that and draft this beast. We ALL loved Hillis, Richardson is twice the player Hillis could ever DREAM to be!

    I'm totally serious when I talked about punching Harrison in the mouth, Lewis in the mouth, Poly-urine-stain in his freaking mouth... Anybody that gets in Richardson way IS getting laid the fuck out.

    He's gonna go to war for us if he's our pick... And we're gonna need him.

    Until Richardson gets on the field and proves it...He isnt better than anyone...he could turn out to be a total flop...Remember..the Browns are trying to catch up and become a "passing" team...not a gone by the wayside "running" team.

  • poeticg im on board with richardson but tell me this if we dont take him are you going to disappear like rg3tothecle or the Derick anderson nut case?

  • Sure, It will be fun to draft another QB like Tannehill and turn him into a WR like we did to Cribbs.

  • Nah, I won't. I'll be just as cursed as ever... but I'll still be here. Through thick and thin, good times or bad, winning or losing, with or without Richardson... A Brown for Life.

  • Nah, I won't. I'll be just as cursed as ever... but I'll still be here. Through thick and thin, good times or bad, winning or losing, with or without Richardson... A Brown for Life.

    @poeticg said:

    Nah, I won't. I'll be just as cursed as ever... but I'll still be here. Through thick and thin, good times or bad, winning or losing, with or without Richardson... A Brown for Life.

    I'll drink to that... food-smiley-004.gif

  • God knows I love you Browns Fans as much as the Browns... but c'mon guys, if we don't take Richardson we're really asking for it now. We've been the butt of jokes and mocked and scorned and on and on...

    Let's change all that and draft this beast. We ALL loved Hillis, Richardson is twice the player Hillis could ever DREAM to be!

    I'm totally serious when I talked about punching Harrison in the mouth, Lewis in the mouth, Poly-urine-stain in his freaking mouth... Anybody that gets in Richardson way IS getting laid the fuck out.

    He's gonna go to war for us if he's our pick... And we're gonna need him.

    @poeticg said:

    God knows I love you Browns Fans as much as the Browns... but c'mon guys, if we don't take Richardson we're really asking for it now. We've been the butt of jokes and mocked and scorned and on and on...

    Let's change all that and draft this beast. We ALL loved Hillis, Richardson is twice the player Hillis could ever DREAM to be!

    I'm totally serious when I talked about punching Harrison in the mouth, Lewis in the mouth, Poly-urine-stain in his freaking mouth... Anybody that gets in Richardson way IS getting laid the fuck out.

    He's gonna go to war for us if he's our pick... And we're gonna need him.

    PG, quit using hyperbole (others have put it a little more crudely). Twice the player Hillis was? OK, when Richardson rushes for 2,354 Yards (NFL single season record, double Hillis' best year) and 22 touchdowns (sixth best all-time for a season, also double Hillis') I start blowing the guy like you've been for the last couple of months.

    Until then, chill out and don't kill yourself if we don't draft Trent.

  • Richardson scored 20 touchdowns rushing last year and gained nearly 1600 on the ground, not even counting his receptions, in less games than the pros play. I don't see anyone stopping him at the next level either, he'll continue to get better. He's a lock to gain AT LEAST 100 yards a game, that 1600. Throw in 4 games where he just kills it and gains 200+ yards and we're at 2000 yards. With a season like that I see a playoff birth, how many yards in the playoffs? 100 a game that's four hundred on the way to the championship. That's 2400 yards... I think??? 😎

  • Richardson scored 20 touchdowns rushing last year and gained nearly 1600 on the ground, not even counting his receptions, in less games than the pros play. I don't see anyone stopping him at the next level either, he'll continue to get better. He's a lock to gain AT LEAST 100 yards a game, that 1600. Throw in 4 games where he just kills it and gains 200+ yards and we're at 2000 yards. With a season like that I see a playoff birth, how many yards in the playoffs? 100 a game that's four hundred on the way to the championship. That's 2400 yards... I think??? 😎

    @poeticg said:

    Richardson scored 20 touchdowns rushing last year and gained nearly 1600 on the ground, not even counting his receptions, in less games than the pros play. I don't see anyone stopping him at the next level either, he'll continue to get better. He's a lock to gain AT LEAST 100 yards a game, that 1600. Throw in 4 games where he just kills it and gains 200+ yards and we're at 2000 yards. With a season like that I see a playoff birth, how many yards in the playoffs? 100 a game that's four hundred on the way to the championship. That's 2400 yards... I think??? 😎

    so you're saying I should take him with the first pick in my fantasy draft, right 🙂

  • Richardson scored 20 touchdowns rushing last year and gained nearly 1600 on the ground, not even counting his receptions, in less games than the pros play. I don't see anyone stopping him at the next level either, he'll continue to get better. He's a lock to gain AT LEAST 100 yards a game, that 1600. Throw in 4 games where he just kills it and gains 200+ yards and we're at 2000 yards. With a season like that I see a playoff birth, how many yards in the playoffs? 100 a game that's four hundred on the way to the championship. That's 2400 yards... I think??? 😎

    @poeticg said:

    Richardson scored 20 touchdowns rushing last year and gained nearly 1600 on the ground, not even counting his receptions, in less games than the pros play. I don't see anyone stopping him at the next level either, he'll continue to get better. He's a lock to gain AT LEAST 100 yards a game, that 1600. Throw in 4 games where he just kills it and gains 200+ yards and we're at 2000 yards. With a season like that I see a playoff birth, how many yards in the playoffs? 100 a game that's four hundred on the way to the championship. That's 2400 yards... I think??? 😎

    Since 2000 there has been 24 200yd/Game Rushers, good stat is 23 of those went onto win that game, only 2 had 2000yd Seasons and only 10 had Winning Seasons, as much as I want TR as well, big games and big season Yards wise could mean nothing if the rest of the team doesnt match up to TR and come together to win the games.

  • Richardson scored 20 touchdowns rushing last year and gained nearly 1600 on the ground, not even counting his receptions, in less games than the pros play. I don't see anyone stopping him at the next level either, he'll continue to get better. He's a lock to gain AT LEAST 100 yards a game, that 1600. Throw in 4 games where he just kills it and gains 200+ yards and we're at 2000 yards. With a season like that I see a playoff birth, how many yards in the playoffs? 100 a game that's four hundred on the way to the championship. That's 2400 yards... I think??? 😎

    @poeticg said:

    Richardson scored 20 touchdowns rushing last year and gained nearly 1600 on the ground, not even counting his receptions, in less games than the pros play. I don't see anyone stopping him at the next level either, he'll continue to get better. He's a lock to gain AT LEAST 100 yards a game, that 1600. Throw in 4 games where he just kills it and gains 200+ yards and we're at 2000 yards. With a season like that I see a playoff birth, how many yards in the playoffs? 100 a game that's four hundred on the way to the championship. That's 2400 yards... I think??? 😎

    You can tell offseason is in full stride. Most Browns fans start getting delusional this time of year. It starts at the draft. Goes higher during practices. Then spikes in preseason. Then reality sets in about the 4th game of the regular season.

    Rinse and repeat.

  • Let's draft another RB, so he can turn into William Green, Lee Suggs, Montario Hardesty, and even Jerome Harrison.

    Please, I really don't want to watch the defense smother Trent Richardson.

    Give me a person that can stretch the field, stretch the defense, and open up some running lanes ----- A FREAKING STUD WIDE RECEIVER

  • Let me mention, if the RB was Adrian Peterson, I would take him in a heart beat. Trent Richardson is the next Brandon Jacobs. Slow, and not very good for today's NFL standards

  • @poeticg said:

    Richardson scored 20 touchdowns rushing last year and gained nearly 1600 on the ground, not even counting his receptions, in less games than the pros play. I don't see anyone stopping him at the next level either, he'll continue to get better. He's a lock to gain AT LEAST 100 yards a game, that 1600. Throw in 4 games where he just kills it and gains 200+ yards and we're at 2000 yards. With a season like that I see a playoff birth, how many yards in the playoffs? 100 a game that's four hundred on the way to the championship. That's 2400 yards... I think??? 😎

    Since 2000 there has been 24 200yd/Game Rushers, good stat is 23 of those went onto win that game, only 2 had 2000yd Seasons and only 10 had Winning Seasons, as much as I want TR as well, big games and big season Yards wise could mean nothing if the rest of the team doesnt match up to TR and come together to win the games.

    @kamac19 said:

    Since 2000 there has been 24 200yd/Game Rushers, good stat is 23 of those went onto win that game, only 2 had 2000yd Seasons and only 10 had Winning Seasons, as much as I want TR as well, big games and big season Yards wise could mean nothing if the rest of the team doesnt match up to TR and come together to win the games.

    Doesnt that hold true for all things ? - Blackmon may be a stud wide receiver; But if Colt cannot connect with him it is pointless. Colt may have learnt the plays well and might have improved his throws but if he cannot get people to block for him long enough and WRs to get separation then it is pointless. Everything means nothing if it does not translate into a W.

  • Richardson has to be the pick. Without him, Colt to "stud wide receiver of choice" = plan A...and B...and C. If we didn't think Richardson was the real deal, we'd have gone for a "proven" RB free agent. We can get a WR at 22 or even 37 if we go OL with 22.

    Tannehill would be such a bad pick at 4 that I can't even contemplate it, let alone discuss it. There's just no need to draft a QB when the only two quality ones are going 1 and 2.