Skip to content

Eff It! Let's Draft Tannehill...

The Browns Board
26 17 1.4k
  • Richardson scored 20 touchdowns rushing last year and gained nearly 1600 on the ground, not even counting his receptions, in less games than the pros play. I don't see anyone stopping him at the next level either, he'll continue to get better. He's a lock to gain AT LEAST 100 yards a game, that 1600. Throw in 4 games where he just kills it and gains 200+ yards and we're at 2000 yards. With a season like that I see a playoff birth, how many yards in the playoffs? 100 a game that's four hundred on the way to the championship. That's 2400 yards... I think??? 😎

    @poeticg said:

    Richardson scored 20 touchdowns rushing last year and gained nearly 1600 on the ground, not even counting his receptions, in less games than the pros play. I don't see anyone stopping him at the next level either, he'll continue to get better. He's a lock to gain AT LEAST 100 yards a game, that 1600. Throw in 4 games where he just kills it and gains 200+ yards and we're at 2000 yards. With a season like that I see a playoff birth, how many yards in the playoffs? 100 a game that's four hundred on the way to the championship. That's 2400 yards... I think??? 😎

    so you're saying I should take him with the first pick in my fantasy draft, right 🙂

  • Richardson scored 20 touchdowns rushing last year and gained nearly 1600 on the ground, not even counting his receptions, in less games than the pros play. I don't see anyone stopping him at the next level either, he'll continue to get better. He's a lock to gain AT LEAST 100 yards a game, that 1600. Throw in 4 games where he just kills it and gains 200+ yards and we're at 2000 yards. With a season like that I see a playoff birth, how many yards in the playoffs? 100 a game that's four hundred on the way to the championship. That's 2400 yards... I think??? 😎

    @poeticg said:

    Richardson scored 20 touchdowns rushing last year and gained nearly 1600 on the ground, not even counting his receptions, in less games than the pros play. I don't see anyone stopping him at the next level either, he'll continue to get better. He's a lock to gain AT LEAST 100 yards a game, that 1600. Throw in 4 games where he just kills it and gains 200+ yards and we're at 2000 yards. With a season like that I see a playoff birth, how many yards in the playoffs? 100 a game that's four hundred on the way to the championship. That's 2400 yards... I think??? 😎

    Since 2000 there has been 24 200yd/Game Rushers, good stat is 23 of those went onto win that game, only 2 had 2000yd Seasons and only 10 had Winning Seasons, as much as I want TR as well, big games and big season Yards wise could mean nothing if the rest of the team doesnt match up to TR and come together to win the games.

  • Richardson scored 20 touchdowns rushing last year and gained nearly 1600 on the ground, not even counting his receptions, in less games than the pros play. I don't see anyone stopping him at the next level either, he'll continue to get better. He's a lock to gain AT LEAST 100 yards a game, that 1600. Throw in 4 games where he just kills it and gains 200+ yards and we're at 2000 yards. With a season like that I see a playoff birth, how many yards in the playoffs? 100 a game that's four hundred on the way to the championship. That's 2400 yards... I think??? 😎

    @poeticg said:

    Richardson scored 20 touchdowns rushing last year and gained nearly 1600 on the ground, not even counting his receptions, in less games than the pros play. I don't see anyone stopping him at the next level either, he'll continue to get better. He's a lock to gain AT LEAST 100 yards a game, that 1600. Throw in 4 games where he just kills it and gains 200+ yards and we're at 2000 yards. With a season like that I see a playoff birth, how many yards in the playoffs? 100 a game that's four hundred on the way to the championship. That's 2400 yards... I think??? 😎

    You can tell offseason is in full stride. Most Browns fans start getting delusional this time of year. It starts at the draft. Goes higher during practices. Then spikes in preseason. Then reality sets in about the 4th game of the regular season.

    Rinse and repeat.

  • Let's draft another RB, so he can turn into William Green, Lee Suggs, Montario Hardesty, and even Jerome Harrison.

    Please, I really don't want to watch the defense smother Trent Richardson.

    Give me a person that can stretch the field, stretch the defense, and open up some running lanes ----- A FREAKING STUD WIDE RECEIVER

  • Let me mention, if the RB was Adrian Peterson, I would take him in a heart beat. Trent Richardson is the next Brandon Jacobs. Slow, and not very good for today's NFL standards

  • @poeticg said:

    Richardson scored 20 touchdowns rushing last year and gained nearly 1600 on the ground, not even counting his receptions, in less games than the pros play. I don't see anyone stopping him at the next level either, he'll continue to get better. He's a lock to gain AT LEAST 100 yards a game, that 1600. Throw in 4 games where he just kills it and gains 200+ yards and we're at 2000 yards. With a season like that I see a playoff birth, how many yards in the playoffs? 100 a game that's four hundred on the way to the championship. That's 2400 yards... I think??? 😎

    Since 2000 there has been 24 200yd/Game Rushers, good stat is 23 of those went onto win that game, only 2 had 2000yd Seasons and only 10 had Winning Seasons, as much as I want TR as well, big games and big season Yards wise could mean nothing if the rest of the team doesnt match up to TR and come together to win the games.

    @kamac19 said:

    Since 2000 there has been 24 200yd/Game Rushers, good stat is 23 of those went onto win that game, only 2 had 2000yd Seasons and only 10 had Winning Seasons, as much as I want TR as well, big games and big season Yards wise could mean nothing if the rest of the team doesnt match up to TR and come together to win the games.

    Doesnt that hold true for all things ? - Blackmon may be a stud wide receiver; But if Colt cannot connect with him it is pointless. Colt may have learnt the plays well and might have improved his throws but if he cannot get people to block for him long enough and WRs to get separation then it is pointless. Everything means nothing if it does not translate into a W.

  • Richardson has to be the pick. Without him, Colt to "stud wide receiver of choice" = plan A...and B...and C. If we didn't think Richardson was the real deal, we'd have gone for a "proven" RB free agent. We can get a WR at 22 or even 37 if we go OL with 22.

    Tannehill would be such a bad pick at 4 that I can't even contemplate it, let alone discuss it. There's just no need to draft a QB when the only two quality ones are going 1 and 2.

  • Lets get elite weapons around our QB before we draft another qb in the top 3 rounds.

  • @blowe said:

    shut up PG

    The one thing about drafting Blackmon is we don't really have a "BlackmonIzDaHizzy" guy that we would have to deal with for ten years.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    The one thing about drafting Blackmon is we don't really have a "BlackmonIzDaHizzy" guy that we would have to deal with for ten years.

    Zombo

    I really do miss Lumberg around here. That guy was always good for a laugh after a horrible sunday of football

  • @poeticg said:

    Richardson scored 20 touchdowns rushing last year and gained nearly 1600 on the ground, not even counting his receptions, in less games than the pros play. I don't see anyone stopping him at the next level either, he'll continue to get better. He's a lock to gain AT LEAST 100 yards a game, that 1600. Throw in 4 games where he just kills it and gains 200+ yards and we're at 2000 yards. With a season like that I see a playoff birth, how many yards in the playoffs? 100 a game that's four hundred on the way to the championship. That's 2400 yards... I think??? 😎

    Since 2000 there has been 24 200yd/Game Rushers, good stat is 23 of those went onto win that game, only 2 had 2000yd Seasons and only 10 had Winning Seasons, as much as I want TR as well, big games and big season Yards wise could mean nothing if the rest of the team doesnt match up to TR and come together to win the games.

    @kamac19 said:

    Since 2000 there has been 24 200yd/Game Rushers, good stat is 23 of those went onto win that game, only 2 had 2000yd Seasons and only 10 had Winning Seasons, as much as I want TR as well, big games and big season Yards wise could mean nothing if the rest of the team doesnt match up to TR and come together to win the games.

    Thanks Keith. The stats don't lie, trends don't lie. As much as I'd like to see Richardson turn into the second coming of Jim Brown- that's not how you turn into a consistent winner in today's NFL.

  • Zombo said:

    The one thing about drafting Blackmon is we don't really have a "BlackmonIzDaHizzy" guy that we would have to deal with for ten years.

    Zombo

    I really do miss Lumberg around here. That guy was always good for a laugh after a horrible sunday of football

    @halfsane said:

    I really do miss Lumberg around here.

    Lumbergh?

    BillLumbergh.png

  • Yeah, draft Tannehill, that's a sure way to get another top pick next year. Tannehill grades as a 2nd round prospect, so anyone who takes him leaves another good player on the board. Besides it's against Clevelands MO to draft the best player available, you guys typically like to punt.

  • Yeah, draft Tannehill, that's a sure way to get another top pick next year. Tannehill grades as a 2nd round prospect, so anyone who takes him leaves another good player on the board. Besides it's against Clevelands MO to draft the best player available, you guys typically like to punt.

    Endymion said:

    Yeah, draft Tannehill, that's a sure way to get another top pick next year. Tannehill grades as a 2nd round prospect, so anyone who takes him leaves another good player on the board. Besides it's against Clevelands MO to draft the best player available, you guys typically like to punt.

    Actually we like to kick field goals. Our kicker was franchised (again). We choose to kick FGs on 4 & goal at goal line with Peyton Hillis and nothing to lose. Punting is our second favorite.