The Greatest Team In History. Championship Game
-
Good job, Mike...
WTF did that shit come from?
Like I said, I didn't read it.....but I imagine that it was his usual shuffle about how the Browns were never any good....how history didn't begin until 1970....how Akron/Cleveland/Canton represent totally different planets...how the sun rises and sets on Pittsburgh....how he accuses me of putting forth propaganda when all I do is state facts.
I think I was pretty fair in this vote. There were a lot of close matchups. Including this last one (which the Bears are leading by the way....I suspect he probably didn't even mention that).
I mean, the fucking idiot is SHOCKED, SHOCKED that a great Cleveland Browns team would be doing well on a Cleveland Browns board.
But then he goes and doesn't vote.
....no wonder we got GW Bush for Prez in 2000....if guys don't vote for who they want, the other guy wins.
Too bad, so sad, your Dad.
-
-
Interim vote: '85 Bears are leading by 2 votes. Anyone who hasn't voted is welcome to...even idjits.
-
I will cut this off tomorrow afternoon, before the draft.
So anyone wanting to get their vote in, do it before then.
-
Good job, Mike...
WTF did that shit come from?
Like I said, I didn't read it.....but I imagine that it was his usual shuffle about how the Browns were never any good....how history didn't begin until 1970....how Akron/Cleveland/Canton represent totally different planets...how the sun rises and sets on Pittsburgh....how he accuses me of putting forth propaganda when all I do is state facts.
I think I was pretty fair in this vote. There were a lot of close matchups. Including this last one (which the Bears are leading by the way....I suspect he probably didn't even mention that).
I mean, the fucking idiot is SHOCKED, SHOCKED that a great Cleveland Browns team would be doing well on a Cleveland Browns board.
But then he goes and doesn't vote.
....no wonder we got GW Bush for Prez in 2000....if guys don't vote for who they want, the other guy wins.
Too bad, so sad, your Dad.
Like I said, I didn't read it.....but I imagine that it was his usual shuffle about how the Browns were never any good....how history didn't begin until 1970....how Akron/Cleveland/Canton represent totally different planets...how the sun rises and sets on Pittsburgh....how he accuses me of putting forth propaganda when all I do is state facts.
I think I was pretty fair in this vote. There were a lot of close matchups. Including this last one (which the Bears are leading by the way....I suspect he probably didn't even mention that).
I mean, the fucking idiot is SHOCKED, SHOCKED that a great Cleveland Browns team would be doing well on a Cleveland Browns board.
But then he goes and doesn't vote.
....no wonder we got GW Bush for Prez in 2000....if guys don't vote for who they want, the other guy wins.
Too bad, so sad, your Dad.
The greatest teams ever were the Seventies Super Steelers followed by the 48 Browns,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but objectivity has never been a strong point in this site
-
-
Can I vote again... uhh, for my girlfriend... she's uhhh, SICK, Yeah, that's it, she's realllly sick and wants me to vote for the Browns for her...

-
Like I said, I didn't read it.....but I imagine that it was his usual shuffle about how the Browns were never any good....how history didn't begin until 1970....how Akron/Cleveland/Canton represent totally different planets...how the sun rises and sets on Pittsburgh....how he accuses me of putting forth propaganda when all I do is state facts.
I think I was pretty fair in this vote. There were a lot of close matchups. Including this last one (which the Bears are leading by the way....I suspect he probably didn't even mention that).
I mean, the fucking idiot is SHOCKED, SHOCKED that a great Cleveland Browns team would be doing well on a Cleveland Browns board.
But then he goes and doesn't vote.
....no wonder we got GW Bush for Prez in 2000....if guys don't vote for who they want, the other guy wins.
Too bad, so sad, your Dad.
The greatest teams ever were the Seventies Super Steelers followed by the 48 Browns,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but objectivity has never been a strong point in this site
The greatest teams ever were the Seventies Super Steelers followed by the 48 Browns,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but objectivity has never been a strong point in this site
Actually, the objectivity was perfect regarding this thread. All you had to do is vote for whom you preferred. The Steelers lost out because not enugh people voted for them. If you had voted, then maybe that would have changed.
Besides, this is a "single season" contest....and right now both the Browns and Steelers are taking a back seat to the 1985 Bears.
So, by your comment I take it that you think the 48 Browns would trump the 85 Bears. Ergo I will cast a vote for you that way.
That still leaves the '85 Bears with 5 votes and the '48 Browns with 4. So, unless someone else votes for the Browns by the end of the day, the Bears will take the cake.
And no "G"....no proxies.
-
-
The greatest teams ever were the Seventies Super Steelers followed by the 48 Browns,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but objectivity has never been a strong point in this site
Actually, the objectivity was perfect regarding this thread. All you had to do is vote for whom you preferred. The Steelers lost out because not enugh people voted for them. If you had voted, then maybe that would have changed.
Besides, this is a "single season" contest....and right now both the Browns and Steelers are taking a back seat to the 1985 Bears.
So, by your comment I take it that you think the 48 Browns would trump the 85 Bears. Ergo I will cast a vote for you that way.
That still leaves the '85 Bears with 5 votes and the '48 Browns with 4. So, unless someone else votes for the Browns by the end of the day, the Bears will take the cake.
And no "G"....no proxies.
Actually, the objectivity was perfect regarding this thread. All you had to do is vote for whom you preferred.
That's your defintion of objectivity?

All tied up now... just one more '48 Browns' vote and you'll have the result you want.

-
'48 Browns
-
Actually, the objectivity was perfect regarding this thread. All you had to do is vote for whom you preferred.
That's your defintion of objectivity?

All tied up now... just one more '48 Browns' vote and you'll have the result you want.

That's your defintion of objectivity?

All tied up now... just one more '48 Browns' vote and you'll have the result you want.

Well things are being done democratically. I don't know what else you want from this format.
One person, one vote. If the people making the vote are not doing it objectively, it is not my fault. I did not direct anyone on how to vote. My only sway was in breaking ties.
Besides: who is to say they are not right. You are getting all PMS over the fact that the vote may not be going the way you want....too bad.
Because, in fact, there is no question that the 1948 Browns are under any measure in the running for the greatest team of all time.
If they win it is no crime. Its not like the 2011 Browns were in the running.
That team is one of only 2 teams in history to go undefeated and untied.
There were numerous Hall of Fame players on that team.
They crushed the opposition in nearly every game.
...but then the same could be said about the 1985 Bears.
OH, by the way....I haven't even cast a vote on this round yet.
-
@mike-h said:
I like how you extended the voting so that you could get more people to read post and vote Browns.
Well done.
I'm pretty sure Horse Balls is a moderator or someone else's alternate account, too.
I didn't "extend" the voting at all. The ONLY time limit on this was that I would close it out this afternoon...the day day of the draft. Go back and look.
-
Drumroll please.... it is now 3:30 and the final die will be cast as it is I who will make the final vote.
The Gipper chooses: The 1985 Bears.
As a result, the 1985 Bears and the 1948 Browns end up with 6 votes each.
And since the rules throughout were that it was my vote that broke any ties, and since my vote was for the Bears, ergo:
[/size]The Greatest Team of All Time is Declared to Be: The 1985 Chicago Bears
-
-
Drumroll please.... it is now 3:30 and the final die will be cast as it is I who will make the final vote.
The Gipper chooses: The 1985 Bears.
As a result, the 1985 Bears and the 1948 Browns end up with 6 votes each.
And since the rules throughout were that it was my vote that broke any ties, and since my vote was for the Bears, ergo:
[/size]The Greatest Team of All Time is Declared to Be: The 1985 Chicago Bears
Drumroll please.... it is now 3:30 and the final die will be cast as it is I who will make the final vote.
The Gipper chooses: The 1985 Bears.
As a result, the 1985 Bears and the 1948 Browns end up with 6 votes each.
And since the rules throughout were that it was my vote that broke any ties, and since my vote was for the Bears, ergo:
[/size]The Greatest Team of All Time is Declared to Be: The 1985 Chicago Bears
The 1985 Dolphins were better than than 1985 Bears on one night I remember well.
48 Browns and 72 Dolphins ... never beaten, never tied, never topped.
Zombo
-
edit note: quite a number of the hits on the QB that year would now probably be illegal.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
