Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Peter King Mock Draft

Peter King Mock Draft

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
18 Posts 12 Posters 1.4k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 6k Posts
    • 1k Reputation
    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Peter King has us going this way...

    Trent Richardson (although he thinks we should take Blackmon)

    Jonathon Martin

    And then trading up with New England to take:

    Brandon Weeden

    He thinks it will take a 3rd rounder to move up 10 spots from 37 to 27.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
      • 30k Posts
      • 6k Reputation
      Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
      #2

      That's some pretty weak shite form Peter...

      "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
      Z 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • cambridgeho cambridgehoC Very Popular Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 2k Posts
        • 139 Reputation
        cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
        #3

        First 2 picks are agreed. Weeden is not the answer, he will take 1 yr to learn the O. Also we could get him in the 3rd.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • SDBrownsFan S
          • 126 Posts
          • 4 Reputation
          S SDBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Weeden will not make it past KC's 2nd round pick.

          Having said that, no way I trade up to get him, but I wouldn't mind taking him at 37- although I prefer Vinny Curry- Sheard 2.0

          1 Reply Last reply
          👍
          Quote Reply
          • Tour2maT Tour2ma

            That's some pretty weak shite form Peter...

            Zombo Z
            • 8k Posts
            • 0 Reputation
            Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @tour2ma said:

            That's some pretty weak shite form Peter...

            Says the guy that had us taking all defense in the weakest mock of all time...

            Zombo

            --I'm not picking on you in particular, it just seems that way.

            BrownIndianB Tour2maT 2 Replies Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Z Zombo

              @tour2ma said:

              That's some pretty weak shite form Peter...

              Says the guy that had us taking all defense in the weakest mock of all time...

              Zombo

              --I'm not picking on you in particular, it just seems that way.

              BrownIndian BrownIndianB
              • 2k Posts
              • 39 Reputation
              BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Zombo said:

              Says the guy that had us taking all defense in the weakest mock of all time...

              Zombo

              --I'm not picking on you in particular, it just seems that way.

              I will have to defend him. We do not have any offensive must haves @ #4 in this draft. Since our defense is closer to being a more finished product - we can either take defense @ #4 or trade down and take defense @ #4 and get a WR & RB @ both the lower rounds or via Free Agency.

              I dont if im alone in this thought process- but i think our chances of having a better season this year increases if we concentrate more on FA than on the draft.

              C 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • BrownIndianB BrownIndian

                Zombo said:

                Says the guy that had us taking all defense in the weakest mock of all time...

                Zombo

                --I'm not picking on you in particular, it just seems that way.

                I will have to defend him. We do not have any offensive must haves @ #4 in this draft. Since our defense is closer to being a more finished product - we can either take defense @ #4 or trade down and take defense @ #4 and get a WR & RB @ both the lower rounds or via Free Agency.

                I dont if im alone in this thought process- but i think our chances of having a better season this year increases if we concentrate more on FA than on the draft.

                ClevelandBigDawg C
                • 571 Posts
                • 8 Reputation
                C ClevelandBigDawg wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @brownindian said:

                I will have to defend him. We do not have any offensive must haves @ #4 in this draft. Since our defense is closer to being a more finished product - we can either take defense @ #4 or trade down and take defense @ #4 and get a WR & RB @ both the lower rounds or via Free Agency.

                All the good players are picked over...

                And you mean to say you would rather a sweet defense and a miserable offense instead of a good defense and a respectable offense?

                BrownIndianB 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Blackcloud B
                  • 8 Posts
                  • 1 Reputation
                  B Blackcloud wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  I love Russel Wilson. Such a sharp kid. I know there are size limitations, but I think we can draft him pretty late and get him into camp.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Z Zombo

                    @tour2ma said:

                    That's some pretty weak shite form Peter...

                    Says the guy that had us taking all defense in the weakest mock of all time...

                    Zombo

                    --I'm not picking on you in particular, it just seems that way.

                    Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                    • 30k Posts
                    • 6k Reputation
                    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
                    #9

                    Zombo said:

                    Says the guy that had us taking all defense in the weakest mock of all time...

                    Zombo

                    --I'm not picking on you in particular, it just seems that way.

                    LOL... No prob's, Z... and right back at you. I've gotten three or four new flame suits since I decided to get more active in this Forum.

                    Trust me... I can take whatever anyone dishes out around here... even you... 🙂 ... but something tells me there's some new "material" in threads I've not yet read today.

                    I was drunk posting again last night ... I deleted a couple this morning ... I woulda kept them up if I knew you weren't the sensitive type.

                    In the old days I could just flame everybody and never look back, but since Skippy made me an "administrator" while he tends to his penis pump business I occasionally have to worry about hurting someone's feelings. Glad I don't have to worry about you.

                    Oh ... and your a dick for not picking the Browns to win it all, Otto Graham bitchslaps Jim McMahon by any measurement of any kind.

                    EDIT NOTE:

                    In case anyone is confused by the above... it was posted by Zombo in my post.

                    Z's signature "colorized" text should be a dead giveaway, but just in case, I thought I'd clarify.

                    "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                    D Tour2maT 2 Replies Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                      Zombo said:

                      Says the guy that had us taking all defense in the weakest mock of all time...

                      Zombo

                      --I'm not picking on you in particular, it just seems that way.

                      LOL... No prob's, Z... and right back at you. I've gotten three or four new flame suits since I decided to get more active in this Forum.

                      Trust me... I can take whatever anyone dishes out around here... even you... 🙂 ... but something tells me there's some new "material" in threads I've not yet read today.

                      I was drunk posting again last night ... I deleted a couple this morning ... I woulda kept them up if I knew you weren't the sensitive type.

                      In the old days I could just flame everybody and never look back, but since Skippy made me an "administrator" while he tends to his penis pump business I occasionally have to worry about hurting someone's feelings. Glad I don't have to worry about you.

                      Oh ... and your a dick for not picking the Browns to win it all, Otto Graham bitchslaps Jim McMahon by any measurement of any kind.

                      EDIT NOTE:

                      In case anyone is confused by the above... it was posted by Zombo in my post.

                      Z's signature "colorized" text should be a dead giveaway, but just in case, I thought I'd clarify.

                      DawginIT D
                      • 278 Posts
                      • 22 Reputation
                      D DawginIT wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @tour2ma said:

                      LOL... No prob's, Z... and right back at you. I've gotten three or four new flame suits since I decided to get more active in this Forum.

                      Trust me... I can take whatever anyone dishes out around here... even you... 🙂 ... but something tells me there's some new "material" in threads I've not yet read today.

                      Thanks, Z's hyperbole refers to my original mock where I traded down and up in Round 1 to draft:

                      1.4 => Miami (1.8 + 3.09 + 3.10 ) 1.8(Miami) - Ingram (DE-NC)

                      1.22 (ATL) + 3.10 ==> Philly (1.15) 1.15 (Philly) - Kirkpatrick (CB-Bama)

                      2.5 - Kevin Zeitler (OG-Wis)

                      3.4 - Marvin Jones (WR-Cal) 3.9 (Miami) - Cyrus Grey (RB-A&M)

                      4.5 - Keenan Robinson (OLB-TX) 4.23 (ATL) - Dwight Jones (WR- NC)

                      5.4 - Nick Foles (QB-AZ)

                      6.5 - Coty Sensabaugh (CB, Clem)

                      7.4 - Donald Stephenson (OT-OK)

                      In my mind it was a Defense first draft, but hardly an all Defense draft. But a lot has changed since I posted it, e.g., DE FA signings, cooling on Kirkpatrick. That said I still love Ingram... still love M. Jones... still deeply in love with Cyrus Grey...

                      Agree there are still FA's that'd go a fair ways toward filling needs, e.g., Cedric Benson, but it's gotten really thin out there. At this point I doubt anything happens until after the draft. If nothing else, signings now would further tip Heckert's hand.

                      I don't know if I've seen a worse mock...

                      S 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • brownfish B
                        • 328 Posts
                        • 12 Reputation
                        B brownfish wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        I would love

                        Claiborne

                        Richardson (trade back into top 10)

                        Alshon or Hill if not would need to get both Mcnutt & Streeter in 3rd

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                          • 57k Posts
                          • 4k Reputation
                          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          The Browns are going to take QB Austin Davis down around the 4th or 5th round. Any talk of Weeden or Tannehill is all smoke.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • D DawginIT

                            @tour2ma said:

                            LOL... No prob's, Z... and right back at you. I've gotten three or four new flame suits since I decided to get more active in this Forum.

                            Trust me... I can take whatever anyone dishes out around here... even you... 🙂 ... but something tells me there's some new "material" in threads I've not yet read today.

                            Thanks, Z's hyperbole refers to my original mock where I traded down and up in Round 1 to draft:

                            1.4 => Miami (1.8 + 3.09 + 3.10 ) 1.8(Miami) - Ingram (DE-NC)

                            1.22 (ATL) + 3.10 ==> Philly (1.15) 1.15 (Philly) - Kirkpatrick (CB-Bama)

                            2.5 - Kevin Zeitler (OG-Wis)

                            3.4 - Marvin Jones (WR-Cal) 3.9 (Miami) - Cyrus Grey (RB-A&M)

                            4.5 - Keenan Robinson (OLB-TX) 4.23 (ATL) - Dwight Jones (WR- NC)

                            5.4 - Nick Foles (QB-AZ)

                            6.5 - Coty Sensabaugh (CB, Clem)

                            7.4 - Donald Stephenson (OT-OK)

                            In my mind it was a Defense first draft, but hardly an all Defense draft. But a lot has changed since I posted it, e.g., DE FA signings, cooling on Kirkpatrick. That said I still love Ingram... still love M. Jones... still deeply in love with Cyrus Grey...

                            Agree there are still FA's that'd go a fair ways toward filling needs, e.g., Cedric Benson, but it's gotten really thin out there. At this point I doubt anything happens until after the draft. If nothing else, signings now would further tip Heckert's hand.

                            I don't know if I've seen a worse mock...

                            SDBrownsFan S
                            • 126 Posts
                            • 4 Reputation
                            S SDBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @dawginit said:

                            I don't know if I've seen a worse mock...

                            I bashed this one before too but I think Tourma knows some football.

                            -Zeitler is not a RT although that is just my opinion.

                            -IMO size aside- Ingram and Curry are similar prospects, both overachievers with phyiscal limitations at the next level. Having said that, I'd take either one at 37.

                            -Kirpatrick doesn't have adeqaute man coverage skills- you don't draft those guys in the 1st round.

                            -Cyrus Grey is a stop gap prospect. I want to replace the guys we have not add depth to the position.

                            -Foles has potential I'll give him that.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                              Zombo said:

                              Says the guy that had us taking all defense in the weakest mock of all time...

                              Zombo

                              --I'm not picking on you in particular, it just seems that way.

                              LOL... No prob's, Z... and right back at you. I've gotten three or four new flame suits since I decided to get more active in this Forum.

                              Trust me... I can take whatever anyone dishes out around here... even you... 🙂 ... but something tells me there's some new "material" in threads I've not yet read today.

                              I was drunk posting again last night ... I deleted a couple this morning ... I woulda kept them up if I knew you weren't the sensitive type.

                              In the old days I could just flame everybody and never look back, but since Skippy made me an "administrator" while he tends to his penis pump business I occasionally have to worry about hurting someone's feelings. Glad I don't have to worry about you.

                              Oh ... and your a dick for not picking the Browns to win it all, Otto Graham bitchslaps Jim McMahon by any measurement of any kind.

                              EDIT NOTE:

                              In case anyone is confused by the above... it was posted by Zombo in my post.

                              Z's signature "colorized" text should be a dead giveaway, but just in case, I thought I'd clarify.

                              Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                              • 30k Posts
                              • 6k Reputation
                              Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              ZOMBO in TOUR2MAs SPACE said:

                              I was drunk posting again last night ... I deleted a couple this morning ... I woulda kept them up if I knew you weren't the sensitive type.

                              In the old days I could just flame everybody and never look back, but since Skippy made me an "administrator" while he tends to his penis pump business I occasionally have to worry about hurting someone's feelings. Glad I don't have to worry about you.

                              Oh ... and your a dick for not picking the Browns to win it all, Otto Graham bitchslaps Jim McMahon by any measurement of any kind.

                              If I'm a dick, then I was made for Skippy's bizness... 😁

                              That said, MR. ADMIN., would you mind not posting in my posts? Your occasional editing of them irritates me... but making a post in my posts? Well, that pretty much pisses me off.

                              Like I say, I can take anything you can dish, but please just do it in your own posts...

                              Thanks in advance...

                              Now as for the substance of your/my post...

                              In 1985 McMahon completed 56.9% of his passes for 2392 yds with 15 TD and 11 INT's in 13 games (11 starts, all wins) for an 82.6 QBR...

                              In 1948 Graham completed 52.0% of his passes for 2713 yds with 25 TD and 15 INT's in 14 starts (14 wins) for an 85.6 QBR...

                              Hardly a blow-out comparison... especially considering the level of competition each faced and the gap between PB's innovation and that of the rest of the AAFC.

                              And before you go crazy, I'm not saying Jim had the better career or was the greater QB... Just that for the teams matched, there's no statistical evidence to support the QB comparison being the difference maker.

                              Meanwhile... back at the topic...

                              "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                              Z 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 6k Posts
                                • 1k Reputation
                                Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @mike-h said:

                                So PK has sources who say Browns are picking between Blackmon and Tannehill but mocks Richardson to Browns?

                                Doesn't sit well with me...

                                What was the date of this mock?

                                It was posted on SI.com the same day that I posted it here and it's in the current issue of SI that came out the end of last week.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • BendMeOver BendMeOverB
                                  • 328 Posts
                                  • 7 Reputation
                                  BendMeOverB BendMeOver wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Trading up to take Weeden would be foolish, the guy is 29 years old. After he learns your system you'll have at most 5 playing years out of him. If you can get him with a 4th round pick, take him, otherwise I'd not squander a pick (or multiple picks) on him.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                                    ZOMBO in TOUR2MAs SPACE said:

                                    I was drunk posting again last night ... I deleted a couple this morning ... I woulda kept them up if I knew you weren't the sensitive type.

                                    In the old days I could just flame everybody and never look back, but since Skippy made me an "administrator" while he tends to his penis pump business I occasionally have to worry about hurting someone's feelings. Glad I don't have to worry about you.

                                    Oh ... and your a dick for not picking the Browns to win it all, Otto Graham bitchslaps Jim McMahon by any measurement of any kind.

                                    If I'm a dick, then I was made for Skippy's bizness... 😁

                                    That said, MR. ADMIN., would you mind not posting in my posts? Your occasional editing of them irritates me... but making a post in my posts? Well, that pretty much pisses me off.

                                    Like I say, I can take anything you can dish, but please just do it in your own posts...

                                    Thanks in advance...

                                    Now as for the substance of your/my post...

                                    In 1985 McMahon completed 56.9% of his passes for 2392 yds with 15 TD and 11 INT's in 13 games (11 starts, all wins) for an 82.6 QBR...

                                    In 1948 Graham completed 52.0% of his passes for 2713 yds with 25 TD and 15 INT's in 14 starts (14 wins) for an 85.6 QBR...

                                    Hardly a blow-out comparison... especially considering the level of competition each faced and the gap between PB's innovation and that of the rest of the AAFC.

                                    And before you go crazy, I'm not saying Jim had the better career or was the greater QB... Just that for the teams matched, there's no statistical evidence to support the QB comparison being the difference maker.

                                    Meanwhile... back at the topic...

                                    Zombo Z
                                    • 8k Posts
                                    • 0 Reputation
                                    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @tour2ma said:

                                    If I'm a dick, then I was made for Skippy's bizness... 😁

                                    That said, MR. ADMIN., would you mind not posting in my posts? Your occasional editing of them irritates me... but making a post in my posts? Well, that pretty much pisses me off.

                                    Like I say, I can take anything you can dish, but please just do it in your own posts...

                                    Thanks in advance...

                                    Now as for the substance of your/my post...

                                    In 1985 McMahon completed 56.9% of his passes for 2392 yds with 15 TD and 11 INT's in 13 games (11 starts, all wins) for an 82.6 QBR...

                                    In 1948 Graham completed 52.0% of his passes for 2713 yds with 25 TD and 15 INT's in 14 starts (14 wins) for an 85.6 QBR...

                                    Hardly a blow-out comparison... especially considering the level of competition each faced and the gap between PB's innovation and that of the rest of the AAFC.

                                    And before you go crazy, I'm not saying Jim had the better career or was the greater QB... Just that for the teams matched, there's no statistical evidence to support the QB comparison being the difference maker.

                                    Meanwhile... back at the topic...

                                    If I posted in your post I was still drunk.

                                    And 82 QB rating in 1948 would be comparable to like a 102 in in 1985. Look at the average ratings of Grahams era and where he stood amongst his peers versus the average rating of McMahaon'era and where he stood amongst his peers. He was an average QB, Graham was the best.

                                    Zombo

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • C ClevelandBigDawg

                                      @brownindian said:

                                      I will have to defend him. We do not have any offensive must haves @ #4 in this draft. Since our defense is closer to being a more finished product - we can either take defense @ #4 or trade down and take defense @ #4 and get a WR & RB @ both the lower rounds or via Free Agency.

                                      All the good players are picked over...

                                      And you mean to say you would rather a sweet defense and a miserable offense instead of a good defense and a respectable offense?

                                      BrownIndian BrownIndianB
                                      • 2k Posts
                                      • 39 Reputation
                                      BrownIndianB BrownIndian wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @clevelandbigdawg said:

                                      All the good players are picked over...

                                      And you mean to say you would rather a sweet defense and a miserable offense instead of a good defense and a respectable offense?

                                      I just think ghat we have a better chance of getting a sweet defense than a respectable offense via the draft. It is not like Justin Blacmon is a must have WR. @ #4 I would want a legit #1 WR. Trent Is my other fav, but if we can get a RB via FA then we have the option of using the #4 pick on some other need.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply

                                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                      Register Login
                                      Reply
                                      • Reply as topic
                                      Log in to reply
                                      • Oldest to Newest
                                      • Newest to Oldest
                                      • Most Votes


                                      Theme
                                      • System
                                      • Light
                                      • Dark
                                      The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                      The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                      • First post
                                        Last post
                                      0
                                      • Forums
                                      • Recent
                                      • Popular
                                      • Users
                                      • Donate