Slow News Week
-
http://digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_albums70s.html
So those of us in our fifty's probably have a decent recollection of the seventy's.
Most of those look damned important to me in 1 way or another.
I wonder if the eighty's ninety's and 2000 list will look that way to me.
WSS
-
http://digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_albums70s.html
So those of us in our fifty's probably have a decent recollection of the seventy's.
Most of those look damned important to me in 1 way or another.
I wonder if the eighty's ninety's and 2000 list will look that way to me.
WSS
http://digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_albums70s.html
So those of us in our fifty's probably have a decent recollection of the seventy's.
Most of those look damned important to me in 1 way or another.
I wonder if the eighty's ninety's and 2000 list will look that way to me.
WSS
Exile would be right up there for me too.
But you're right. This is the heyday. The 80s were an awful decade for music. Just awful. The 90s were much better, but probably not your cup of tea.
-
http://digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_albums70s.html
So those of us in our fifty's probably have a decent recollection of the seventy's.
Most of those look damned important to me in 1 way or another.
I wonder if the eighty's ninety's and 2000 list will look that way to me.
WSS
Exile would be right up there for me too.
But you're right. This is the heyday. The 80s were an awful decade for music. Just awful. The 90s were much better, but probably not your cup of tea.
Exile would be right up there for me too.
But you're right. This is the heyday. The 80s were an awful decade for music. Just awful. The 90s were much better, but probably not your cup of tea.
I loved the 80's for music. Not surprising.
-
It is interesting to see the music shift from the topical to the mainstream generation after generation.
I think each group upon coming of age musically rebels against not their parents music but their older brothers and sisters.
Musical taste, at least among younger fans is a banner of their generation.
Glam Rebels against punk who rebelled against metal who rebelled against disco Who rebelled against hippies who rebelled against pop who rebelled against folkies who rebelled against doo wop etc etc.
those who complain so much about the controlled medium should remember that the scope of what you had to choose from in the sixty's fifty's forty's thirty's was a hell of a lot tighter than it is now.
MTV was a milestone in entertainment and there were barely a handful of videos compared to today.
WSS
-
But MTV doesn't show videos anymore. It's not even about music. It's just teens and 20-somethings with personality disorders trying to find a threesome.
YouTube/Vevo/Itunes are the only place to find videos now.
It's okay. It's a mostly stupid art form anyway.
Do you have a favorite Stones song? I'd probably go Tumbling Dice, but I'd have to think about it.
-
I guess I wasn't clear.
I'm aware what mtv has become.
In the earlier days and popularity of music video they were the only game in town.
That's what I was talking about.
it's hard to pinpoint any 1 of the many many great rock songs the stones have had.
Gimme shelter sympathy for the devil wild horses .... I think my favorite album is beggars banquet.
( By the way did you mean exile on main street or the japanese pop band?)
WSS
-
Here's a strange one.
I was in the kitchen remodeling section at lowes and a song came on the muzak.
The lady selling the kitchen stuff had shazam on her iphone.
It turns out to be Human by The Killers.
For some reason I loved it.
No idea why...
WSS
-
I guess I wasn't clear.
I'm aware what mtv has become.
In the earlier days and popularity of music video they were the only game in town.
That's what I was talking about.
it's hard to pinpoint any 1 of the many many great rock songs the stones have had.
Gimme shelter sympathy for the devil wild horses .... I think my favorite album is beggars banquet.
( By the way did you mean exile on main street or the japanese pop band?)
WSS
I guess I wasn't clear.
I'm aware what mtv has become.
In the earlier days and popularity of music video they were the only game in town.
That's what I was talking about.
it's hard to pinpoint any 1 of the many many great rock songs the stones have had.
Gimme shelter sympathy for the devil wild horses .... I think my favorite album is beggars banquet.
( By the way did you mean exile on main street or the japanese pop band?)
WSS
Ha. I will happily admit I'm unfamiliar with the Japanese rock music scene. Actually, the Japanese guy who lives next door to me has a band, and when they practice into the wee hours I frequently come close to killing him.
I'm just saying. Some languages weren't meant to be sung.
-
It's completely out of character well kinda but I love this!
WSS
-
It's completely out of character well kinda but I love this!
WSS
It's completely out of character well kinda but I love this!
WSS
You've got a cover for this summer.
-
Speaking of alison krauss, wasn't that the name of a girl killed at kent state?
wonder if the singer took the pseudonym for that reason?
But I like having a little variety among friends.
WSS
**********************

Now I'm offended. Actually, you are quite correct. I even had to go look it up... and I was there that day.
It's ALISON KRAUSS and the Union Station.
Pretty good correlation, there, Steve.
I hate you now. LOL
Speaking of alison krauss, wasn't that the name of a girl killed at kent state?
wonder if the singer took the pseudonym for that reason?
But I like having a little variety among friends.
WSS
**********************

Now I'm offended. Actually, you are quite correct. I even had to go look it up... and I was there that day.
It's ALISON KRAUSS and the Union Station.
Pretty good correlation, there, Steve.
I hate you now. LOL
No no I wasn't picking on you buddy.
I was just wondering, since many entertainers use pseudonyms, if she might have taken that from the KSU girl.
Its most likely just a coincidence.
WSS
-
It's completely out of character well kinda but I love this!
WSS
You've got a cover for this summer.
You've got a cover for this summer.
Ha.
Actually when I do a cover it's almost always something I've had a bunch of requests for, and believe me, it ain't pretty.

One of the few covers that I just decided I personally wanted to tackle was Macarthur Park. I try to keep those self indulgent picks to a minimum.
But you can probably guess that type of stuff that beer drinking put in bay patronus want.
My motto is "playing the worst cover song is better than working in the nicest machine shop."
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login