Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Hello! (Part Two)

Hello! (Part Two)

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
16 Posts 7 Posters 575 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • leffe186 L
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Reputation
    L leffe186 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I guess I've lurked enough - I'm following Butler Browns over the top.

    I'm in Kent. Born in Australia, brought up in England, and now blessed with the Browns, Cavs and Indians. Not yet infected with the abject despair that my Browns fan in-laws display. My wife turns the Browns off whenever something goes wrong, because she "knows how this movie ends."

    Looking forward to the draft, and actually looking forward to the season too. Hoping for TR, a decent wide receiver, someone who can play RT and then defense defense defense. My optimism has not yet been crushed, but I have only been here three-and-a-bit years.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Butler Browns B
      • 62 Posts
      • 4 Reputation
      B Butler Browns wrote on last edited by
      #2
      tiphat-1.gif
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
        • 30k Posts
        • 6k Reputation
        Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
        #3

        G'day...

        How's your accent work down in the Flats?

        "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • TheClevelandSound TheClevelandSoundT
          • 2k Posts
          • 29 Reputation
          TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
          #4

          You are in Kent, United Kingdom?

          Welcome!

          I am in Kent, Ohio.

          Predicted Records:2010: 8-82011: 8-82012: 9-72013: 5-112014: 6-10
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • leffe186 L
            • 11 Posts
            • 1 Reputation
            L leffe186 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Nope - Kent, Ohio. Just about to graduate from Kent State.

            The accent's actually pretty English, just some Aussie twang from time to time. A cashier at Giant Eagle actually said I was like James Bond (before her guide dog corrected her) - although come to think of it, she was old enough to be thinking of George Lazenby.

            The GipperT Kosar_For_PresidentK 2 Replies Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • L leffe186

              Nope - Kent, Ohio. Just about to graduate from Kent State.

              The accent's actually pretty English, just some Aussie twang from time to time. A cashier at Giant Eagle actually said I was like James Bond (before her guide dog corrected her) - although come to think of it, she was old enough to be thinking of George Lazenby.

              The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
              • 57k Posts
              • 4k Reputation
              The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @leffe186 said:

              Nope - Kent, Ohio. Just about to graduate from Kent State.

              The accent's actually pretty English, just some Aussie twang from time to time. A cashier at Giant Eagle actually said I was like James Bond (before her guide dog corrected her) - although come to think of it, she was old enough to be thinking of George Lazenby.

              The real James Bond: Sean Connery, had a Scottish accent.

              My mother was raised in Kent....England that is.

              Welcome aboard.

              L B 2 Replies Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • The GipperT The Gipper

                @leffe186 said:

                Nope - Kent, Ohio. Just about to graduate from Kent State.

                The accent's actually pretty English, just some Aussie twang from time to time. A cashier at Giant Eagle actually said I was like James Bond (before her guide dog corrected her) - although come to think of it, she was old enough to be thinking of George Lazenby.

                The real James Bond: Sean Connery, had a Scottish accent.

                My mother was raised in Kent....England that is.

                Welcome aboard.

                leffe186 L
                • 11 Posts
                • 1 Reputation
                L leffe186 wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @the-gipper said:

                The real James Bond: Sean Connery, had a Scottish accent.

                My mother was raised in Kent....England that is.

                Welcome aboard.

                It's good to be here. I'm hoping to be enlightened and entertained. Christ knows why I picked the Browns then, but nil desperandum.

                The GipperT B 2 Replies Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • The GipperT The Gipper

                  @leffe186 said:

                  Nope - Kent, Ohio. Just about to graduate from Kent State.

                  The accent's actually pretty English, just some Aussie twang from time to time. A cashier at Giant Eagle actually said I was like James Bond (before her guide dog corrected her) - although come to think of it, she was old enough to be thinking of George Lazenby.

                  The real James Bond: Sean Connery, had a Scottish accent.

                  My mother was raised in Kent....England that is.

                  Welcome aboard.

                  Butler Browns B
                  • 62 Posts
                  • 4 Reputation
                  B Butler Browns wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @the-gipper said:

                  The real James Bond: Sean Connery, had a Scottish accent.

                  My mother was raised in Kent....England that is.

                  Welcome aboard.

                  My main ancestry is Scots. My mom's father was born in Edinburgh. Never met him since he died five years before I was born.

                  By the way, Wheeler Dealers is one of my favorite shows. It's quirky and fun.

                  The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • L leffe186

                    @the-gipper said:

                    The real James Bond: Sean Connery, had a Scottish accent.

                    My mother was raised in Kent....England that is.

                    Welcome aboard.

                    It's good to be here. I'm hoping to be enlightened and entertained. Christ knows why I picked the Browns then, but nil desperandum.

                    The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                    • 57k Posts
                    • 4k Reputation
                    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @leffe186 said:

                    It's good to be here. I'm hoping to be enlightened and entertained. Christ knows why I picked the Browns then, but nil desperandum.

                    As someone said recently: take nothing personal. It is possible that the rest of us will be entertained....at your expense. But don't take it so hard. It can occasionally get to be somewhat of a slam fest

                    ....and remember...if you really need to take out your frustrations cybernetically, there are always a full complement of stupid Steeler fans to assist you in that regard.

                    L 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • L leffe186

                      @the-gipper said:

                      The real James Bond: Sean Connery, had a Scottish accent.

                      My mother was raised in Kent....England that is.

                      Welcome aboard.

                      It's good to be here. I'm hoping to be enlightened and entertained. Christ knows why I picked the Browns then, but nil desperandum.

                      Butler Browns B
                      • 62 Posts
                      • 4 Reputation
                      B Butler Browns wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @leffe186 said:

                      It's good to be here. I'm hoping to be enlightened and entertained. Christ knows why I picked the Browns then, but nil desperandum.

                      Insquequo Lectio.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • B Butler Browns

                        @the-gipper said:

                        The real James Bond: Sean Connery, had a Scottish accent.

                        My mother was raised in Kent....England that is.

                        Welcome aboard.

                        My main ancestry is Scots. My mom's father was born in Edinburgh. Never met him since he died five years before I was born.

                        By the way, Wheeler Dealers is one of my favorite shows. It's quirky and fun.

                        The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                        • 57k Posts
                        • 4k Reputation
                        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @butler-browns said:

                        My main ancestry is Scots. My mom's father was born in Edinburgh. Never met him since he died five years before I was born.

                        By the way, Wheeler Dealers is one of my favorite shows. It's quirky and fun.

                        Stealer's Wheel? Yes, I particularly liked when that guys ear got cut off.

                        "Hello, can you hear me?".... hardee har har...

                        what? wrong show?

                        C'est la vie.

                        B 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • The GipperT The Gipper

                          @butler-browns said:

                          My main ancestry is Scots. My mom's father was born in Edinburgh. Never met him since he died five years before I was born.

                          By the way, Wheeler Dealers is one of my favorite shows. It's quirky and fun.

                          Stealer's Wheel? Yes, I particularly liked when that guys ear got cut off.

                          "Hello, can you hear me?".... hardee har har...

                          what? wrong show?

                          C'est la vie.

                          Butler Browns B
                          • 62 Posts
                          • 4 Reputation
                          B Butler Browns wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @the-gipper said:

                          Stealer's Wheel? Yes, I particularly liked when that guys ear got cut off.

                          "Hello, can you hear me?".... hardee har har...

                          what? wrong show?

                          C'est la vie.

                          😕

                          Wheeler Dealers. It's a British show. A guy buys a used car he thinks can be given a new life with some upgrades and repairs and be sold for a profit.

                          The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • The GipperT The Gipper

                            @leffe186 said:

                            It's good to be here. I'm hoping to be enlightened and entertained. Christ knows why I picked the Browns then, but nil desperandum.

                            As someone said recently: take nothing personal. It is possible that the rest of us will be entertained....at your expense. But don't take it so hard. It can occasionally get to be somewhat of a slam fest

                            ....and remember...if you really need to take out your frustrations cybernetically, there are always a full complement of stupid Steeler fans to assist you in that regard.

                            leffe186 L
                            • 11 Posts
                            • 1 Reputation
                            L leffe186 wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @the-gipper said:

                            As someone said recently: take nothing personal. It is possible that the rest of us will be entertained....at your expense. But don't take it so hard. It can occasionally get to be somewhat of a slam fest

                            ....and remember...if you really need to take out your frustrations cybernetically, there are always a full complement of stupid Steeler fans to assist you in that regard.

                            Not a problem! I'm old enough and ugly enough to have taken some blows.

                            I mainly came on to learn more about the wonders of the Browns.

                            And for Butler - I actually lived in Scotland for several years. Edinburgh can be a beautiful place (but watch Trainspotting for the other side).

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • cuwoohio C One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 528 Posts
                              • 24 Reputation
                              C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              Welcome Aboard Sir

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • B Butler Browns

                                @the-gipper said:

                                Stealer's Wheel? Yes, I particularly liked when that guys ear got cut off.

                                "Hello, can you hear me?".... hardee har har...

                                what? wrong show?

                                C'est la vie.

                                😕

                                Wheeler Dealers. It's a British show. A guy buys a used car he thinks can be given a new life with some upgrades and repairs and be sold for a profit.

                                The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                • 57k Posts
                                • 4k Reputation
                                The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @butler-browns said:

                                😕

                                Wheeler Dealers. It's a British show. A guy buys a used car he thinks can be given a new life with some upgrades and repairs and be sold for a profit.

                                Sure, seems about the same at this:

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • L leffe186

                                  Nope - Kent, Ohio. Just about to graduate from Kent State.

                                  The accent's actually pretty English, just some Aussie twang from time to time. A cashier at Giant Eagle actually said I was like James Bond (before her guide dog corrected her) - although come to think of it, she was old enough to be thinking of George Lazenby.

                                  Kosar_For_President Kosar_For_PresidentK
                                  • 6k Posts
                                  • 221 Reputation
                                  Kosar_For_PresidentK Kosar_For_President wrote on last edited by Kosar_For_President
                                  #16

                                  @leffe186 said:

                                  Nope - Kent, Ohio. Just about to graduate from Kent State.

                                  The accent's actually pretty English, just some Aussie twang from time to time. A cashier at Giant Eagle actually said I was like James Bond (before her guide dog corrected her) - although come to think of it, she was old enough to be thinking of George Lazenby.

                                  I remember that Giant Eagle, lived right across the street, Holly Ridge. Raised in Leeds, England that is. Welcome.

                                  Luck is Tim Couch. Big, Dumb Goofy, slow thinking QB - Ghoolie, 2-28-12
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply

                                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                  Register Login
                                  Reply
                                  • Reply as topic
                                  Log in to reply
                                  • Oldest to Newest
                                  • Newest to Oldest
                                  • Most Votes


                                  Theme
                                  • System
                                  • Light
                                  • Dark
                                  The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                  The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                  • First post
                                    Last post
                                  0
                                  • Forums
                                  • Recent
                                  • Popular
                                  • Users
                                  • Donate