Skip to content

***official Draft Day Thread***

The Browns Board
177 56 10.6k
  • You can argue for either side.

    On one side you can say Holmgren & Co. knows their QB's. Holmgren worked with Young,Montana traded a first round pick for a second round QB named Favre,saw talent in Warner,Hasselbeck,Brunell. So you got to believe whatever he saw in them he has not seen in Colt so we made the right move replacing him. Tomorrow is not guaranteed to any of us, let alone 3,4,5 years from now. Let's do what we can to find the QB now, if Weeden busts - fuck it lets draft another QB next year, and the year after and the year after that until we get it right.

    On the other hand, wtf this guy will be a 29 year old rookie. For every QB that plays effectively into their mid and upper 30's there is dozens who are washed up by 32. We are not sure he will even be an upgrade over Colt let alone spending a 22nd overall on him at his age. On top of that there were more than a few attractive names left out there in positions of need. Who will be a better pro? Decastro or Weeden?

    Whatever the case may be this is make or break move by them. If Weeden blows I don't see how the organization could recover from it. I think it'd have to be the end of this regime.

  • When the Browns get Stephen Hill with the #37 pick, all of you cocksuckers will pull your tampons out of your tight sphincters and relax. Weeden will be an excellent QB, but I will support our starter whoever it is.

    I have a feeling I am going to HATE Browns fans this offseason. This is the new era of the Quinn vs. Anderson debate, except both QB's are good this time.

    SO JUST CHILL!

    That is all.

  • You can argue for either side.

    On one side you can say Holmgren & Co. knows their QB's. Holmgren worked with Young,Montana traded a first round pick for a second round QB named Favre,saw talent in Warner,Hasselbeck,Brunell. So you got to believe whatever he saw in them he has not seen in Colt so we made the right move replacing him. Tomorrow is not guaranteed to any of us, let alone 3,4,5 years from now. Let's do what we can to find the QB now, if Weeden busts - fuck it lets draft another QB next year, and the year after and the year after that until we get it right.

    On the other hand, wtf this guy will be a 29 year old rookie. For every QB that plays effectively into their mid and upper 30's there is dozens who are washed up by 32. We are not sure he will even be an upgrade over Colt let alone spending a 22nd overall on him at his age. On top of that there were more than a few attractive names left out there in positions of need. Who will be a better pro? Decastro or Weeden?

    Whatever the case may be this is make or break move by them. If Weeden blows I don't see how the organization could recover from it. I think it'd have to be the end of this regime.

    @badnewsbrowns said:

    You can argue for either side.

    On one side you can say Holmgren & Co. knows their QB's. Holmgren worked with Young,Montana traded a first round pick for a second round QB named Favre,saw talent in Warner,Hasselbeck,Brunell. So you got to believe whatever he saw in them he has not seen in Colt so we made the right move replacing him. Tomorrow is not guaranteed to any of us, let alone 3,4,5 years from now. Let's do what we can to find the QB now, if Weeden busts - fuck it lets draft another QB next year, and the year after and the year after that until we get it right.

    On the other hand, wtf this guy will be a 29 year old rookie. For every QB that plays effectively into their mid and upper 30's there is dozens who are washed up by 32. We are not sure he will even be an upgrade over Colt let alone spending a 22nd overall on him at his age. On top of that there were more than a few attractive names left out there in positions of need. Who will be a better pro? Decastro or Weeden?

    Whatever the case may be this is make or break move by them. If Weeden blows I don't see how the organization could recover from it. I think it'd have to be the end of this regime.

    Amen, hallelujah!!! They reached on both of their picks- if that isn't desperation, I don't know what is.

    There were two freaking outstanding OL on the board that got taken right after Weeden. The Steelers thank the Browns again for fucking up.

    H&H are saying- Weeden is better than anyone we potentially could have gotten in 2013. I seriously doubt that.

    Weeden does have some good measurables- NLF size and arm but isn't mobile, and is playing behind a suspect OL. The Browns should draft Mike Adams in the second, but then- who is Weeden supposed to throw to?

  • http://sports.yahoo.com/news/browns-select-alabama-rb-richardson-002424692--nfl.html;_ylt=Al1J5WS.noUgXr5665AE72FDubYF

    ''I don't know if we transformed the offense, but we've gotten better,'' general manager Tom Heckert said. ''That was the goal.''

    Heckert said the Browns selected Weeden to be a future starter - perhaps immediately. Heckert said the club will spend the next few days discussing a trade of McCoy, who went 6-15 as a starter.

    Bye bye Noodles...........

  • The only thing I hate about the Weeden pick is that we got him at 22 instead of 37. Weeden has a cannon and is a smart, mature guy. He WILL be the starter in Week 1 for the Browns. Tomorrow we will get a WR with the 37 pick and then a RT with our 3rd rounder. It's an exciting day. Richardson alone will be a shot of adrenaline to the heart of this offense. Weeden is a good pick and I'm happy we snagged him. He will be our QB for at least 6 years. Which it will be nice to see some consistency at that position. Only gripe is we got him at 22 instead of 37.

  • We take Massie or Martin at 37 and TY Hilton from FIU in the third. Would be the best draft the Browns have ever had.

  • @badnewsbrowns said:

    You can argue for either side.

    On one side you can say Holmgren & Co. knows their QB's. Holmgren worked with Young,Montana traded a first round pick for a second round QB named Favre,saw talent in Warner,Hasselbeck,Brunell. So you got to believe whatever he saw in them he has not seen in Colt so we made the right move replacing him. Tomorrow is not guaranteed to any of us, let alone 3,4,5 years from now. Let's do what we can to find the QB now, if Weeden busts - fuck it lets draft another QB next year, and the year after and the year after that until we get it right.

    On the other hand, wtf this guy will be a 29 year old rookie. For every QB that plays effectively into their mid and upper 30's there is dozens who are washed up by 32. We are not sure he will even be an upgrade over Colt let alone spending a 22nd overall on him at his age. On top of that there were more than a few attractive names left out there in positions of need. Who will be a better pro? Decastro or Weeden?

    Whatever the case may be this is make or break move by them. If Weeden blows I don't see how the organization could recover from it. I think it'd have to be the end of this regime.

    Amen, hallelujah!!! They reached on both of their picks- if that isn't desperation, I don't know what is.

    There were two freaking outstanding OL on the board that got taken right after Weeden. The Steelers thank the Browns again for fucking up.

    H&H are saying- Weeden is better than anyone we potentially could have gotten in 2013. I seriously doubt that.

    Weeden does have some good measurables- NLF size and arm but isn't mobile, and is playing behind a suspect OL. The Browns should draft Mike Adams in the second, but then- who is Weeden supposed to throw to?

    @hoorta said:

    Amen, hallelujah!!! They reached on both of their picks- if that isn't desperation, I don't know what is.

    There were two freaking outstanding OL on the board that got taken right after Weeden. The Steelers thank the Browns again for fucking up.

    I can forgive the trade up for TR... the additional picks that they shipped to the Vikes are almost textbook value per the chart. It's when I start to think of the value surrounding teams got trading down that I get irritated, e.g., Dallas and their Jones for Claiborne.

    But to have taken Weedon at 22??? With Rieff sitting there? No fucking way... I simply cannot believe that Weedon would not have been there at 37.

    @d-bone said:

    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/browns-select-alabama-rb-richardson-002424692--nfl.html;_ylt=Al1J5WS.noUgXr5665AE72FDubYF

    ''I don't know if we transformed the offense, but we've gotten better,'' general manager Tom Heckert said. ''That was the goal.''

    Heckert said the Browns selected Weeden to be a future starter - perhaps immediately. Heckert said the club will spend the next few days discussing a trade of McCoy, who went 6-15 as a starter.

    Better was the goal??? A fucking monkey slinging its shit at a list of combine participants could have made us better... Better is not a goal...

    Well so much for the competition theory... Good for Colt and good luck to him...

  • Go Browns! This draft is going to have a big impact on the Browns... Soon...maybe not this year but.... 😁 we will be a force to deal with on the gridiron!

  • I'm hoping Hill w/ our next pick

    If not Hill then Randle

    If not Randel then... maybe Jeffery

    IDK why everyone is bitching about Weeden's age. We get a guy that is more mature and will learn faster. Plus you guarantee there won't be any issues like making dumb decisions with all your new money.

    Sure we won't get 15 years out of him, but how often does that really happen?

  • The over/ under for Weedon will be about 6.5 years... about the same as TR's career expectency...

    And 29 yo's do not learn more quickly than 22 yo's. It's all about work ethic, not age.

  • @hoorta said:

    Amen, hallelujah!!! They reached on both of their picks- if that isn't desperation, I don't know what is.

    There were two freaking outstanding OL on the board that got taken right after Weeden. The Steelers thank the Browns again for fucking up.

    I can forgive the trade up for TR... the additional picks that they shipped to the Vikes are almost textbook value per the chart. It's when I start to think of the value surrounding teams got trading down that I get irritated, e.g., Dallas and their Jones for Claiborne.

    But to have taken Weedon at 22??? With Rieff sitting there? No fucking way... I simply cannot believe that Weedon would not have been there at 37.

    @d-bone said:

    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/browns-select-alabama-rb-richardson-002424692--nfl.html;_ylt=Al1J5WS.noUgXr5665AE72FDubYF

    ''I don't know if we transformed the offense, but we've gotten better,'' general manager Tom Heckert said. ''That was the goal.''

    Heckert said the Browns selected Weeden to be a future starter - perhaps immediately. Heckert said the club will spend the next few days discussing a trade of McCoy, who went 6-15 as a starter.

    Better was the goal??? A fucking monkey slinging its shit at a list of combine participants could have made us better... Better is not a goal...

    Well so much for the competition theory... Good for Colt and good luck to him...

    @tour2ma said:

    I can forgive the trade up for TR... the additional picks that they shipped to the Vikes are almost textbook value per the chart. It's when I start to think of the value surrounding teams got trading down that I get irritated, e.g., Dallas and their Jones for Claiborne.

    But to have taken Weedon at 22??? With Rieff sitting there? No fucking way... I simply cannot believe that Weedon would not have been there at 37.

    Better was the goal??? A fucking monkey slinging its shit at a list of combine participants could have made us better... Better is not a goal...

    Well so much for the competition theory... Good for Colt and good luck to him...

    I like Richardson the player- but giving up picks to get him- with Blackmon and Claiborne as possibilities- I say bullshit.

    Weeden will be impedin' the Browns a few years down the road. Congrats for cashing in Brandon. H&H proved there's a sucker born every minute.

    The good news is I'll no longer feel compelled to spend 4 hours fall Sunday afternoons watching the Browns lose games in real time- pretty sure I can find better things to do.

  • i guess hoorta has drawn the line in the sand. do we have to pick sides already?

    but... if he's good..... then i was wrong.....

    way to go out on a limb.

  • At the end of the day all it cost us to fill two of our greatest needs was Atlanta's 2 picks from last year and a 5th and 7th. Good thing is that we have multipule picks in each of those rounds. As for Weedon, I cant complain. He was the next higest rated qb. Also there are a bunch of 1st round talent left to go in the 2nd.

  • i guess hoorta has drawn the line in the sand. do we have to pick sides already?

    but... if he's good..... then i was wrong.....

    way to go out on a limb.

    @hammertime said:

    i guess hoorta has drawn the line in the sand. do we have to pick sides already?

    but... if he's good..... then i was wrong.....

    way to go out on a limb.

    When I'm wrong- I admit it. Right now I'm not feeling the love. With that- good night, or good morning folks.

  • So do we go Alshon or Randle with or next pick, and then trade back inti the 2nd for a OT. There is a shit ton of talent left and that is good news for us.

  • @hammertime said:

    i guess hoorta has drawn the line in the sand. do we have to pick sides already?

    but... if he's good..... then i was wrong.....

    way to go out on a limb.

    When I'm wrong- I admit it. Right now I'm not feeling the love. With that- good night, or good morning folks.

    @hoorta said:

    When I'm wrong- I admit it. Right now I'm not feeling the love. With that- good night, or good morning folks.

    it is alot to digest. hopefully it's not food poisoning.

  • 29 year olds process information slower

  • @tour2ma said:

    I can forgive the trade up for TR... the additional picks that they shipped to the Vikes are almost textbook value per the chart. It's when I start to think of the value surrounding teams got trading down that I get irritated, e.g., Dallas and their Jones for Claiborne.

    But to have taken Weedon at 22??? With Rieff sitting there? No fucking way... I simply cannot believe that Weedon would not have been there at 37.

    Better was the goal??? A fucking monkey slinging its shit at a list of combine participants could have made us better... Better is not a goal...

    Well so much for the competition theory... Good for Colt and good luck to him...

    I like Richardson the player- but giving up picks to get him- with Blackmon and Claiborne as possibilities- I say bullshit.

    Weeden will be impedin' the Browns a few years down the road. Congrats for cashing in Brandon. H&H proved there's a sucker born every minute.

    The good news is I'll no longer feel compelled to spend 4 hours fall Sunday afternoons watching the Browns lose games in real time- pretty sure I can find better things to do.

    @hoorta said:

    I like Richardson the player- but giving up picks to get him- with Blackmon and Claiborne as possibilities- I say bullshit.

    Weeden will be impedin' the Browns a few years down the road. Congrats for cashing in Brandon. H&H proved there's a sucker born every minute.

    The good news is I'll no longer feel compelled to spend 4 hours fall Sunday afternoons watching the Browns lose games in real time- pretty sure I can find better things to do.

    Ok so I took the night and morning to reflect and I am agreeing with you 100%. I actually like both players that we drafted BUT:

    Why would we give up picks to get Richardson a spot earlier. Who else was offering something to Minnesota? My guess is NOBODY because the only team close enough who may have wanted him was Tampa, and I don't buy that either. But hey they were later picks right. Sure but they were picks we could of packaged to move up later and get another quality player we need.

    A RB is not the biggest hole on our team either. WR and Oline are definately our most needed positions.

    Why take Weeden at 22? If you are upset that Kendall Wright got snatched up then take Decastro or trade back 5 to 8 spots pick up a couple picks and then take Weeden. I believe Weeden would have been there with our second round pick.

    So now we have a new QB with nobody to protect him and nobody to throw to, But we have a "great" running back who can get us 2 yards a carry with everybody in the box. And on third down when we HAVE TO throw Weeden will get pounded because he cannot scramble and has no Oline help. HMMMMM.

    Makes you really wonder about what is going on in that front office. Hey there is two more days of drafting left, hopefully they got there crap together overnight and will have a good plan for how to patch up some of these holes and turn around their draft.

    Again let me reiterate.......I AM NOT SAYING that the Weeden or Richardson were bad picks or cannot be productive players or stars in the NFL. But neither will be stars on this team unless the Browns figure out how to fix the line get some talent at WR. Oh and lets not forget the defense either... They better nail the rest of these picks and find some diamonds in the rough.

  • Bob McGinn ‏ @BobMcGinn

    Based on the many scouts that I spoke with, I just can't fathom Brandon Weeden went 22nd. From what most all said, just seems wasted pick.

  • David Dodds ‏ @fbg_dodds

    TB now says they never had any interest to trade up. So they conspired with MIN to screw CLE. Who didn't see this a mile away?

    :sigh: