***official Draft Day Thread***
-
i guess hoorta has drawn the line in the sand. do we have to pick sides already?
but... if he's good..... then i was wrong.....
way to go out on a limb.
i guess hoorta has drawn the line in the sand. do we have to pick sides already?
but... if he's good..... then i was wrong.....
way to go out on a limb.
When I'm wrong- I admit it. Right now I'm not feeling the love. With that- good night, or good morning folks.
-
So do we go Alshon or Randle with or next pick, and then trade back inti the 2nd for a OT. There is a shit ton of talent left and that is good news for us.
-
i guess hoorta has drawn the line in the sand. do we have to pick sides already?
but... if he's good..... then i was wrong.....
way to go out on a limb.
When I'm wrong- I admit it. Right now I'm not feeling the love. With that- good night, or good morning folks.
-
29 year olds process information slower
-
I can forgive the trade up for TR... the additional picks that they shipped to the Vikes are almost textbook value per the chart. It's when I start to think of the value surrounding teams got trading down that I get irritated, e.g., Dallas and their Jones for Claiborne.
But to have taken Weedon at 22??? With Rieff sitting there? No fucking way... I simply cannot believe that Weedon would not have been there at 37.
Better was the goal??? A fucking monkey slinging its shit at a list of combine participants could have made us better... Better is not a goal...
Well so much for the competition theory... Good for Colt and good luck to him...
I like Richardson the player- but giving up picks to get him- with Blackmon and Claiborne as possibilities- I say bullshit.
Weeden will be impedin' the Browns a few years down the road. Congrats for cashing in Brandon. H&H proved there's a sucker born every minute.
The good news is I'll no longer feel compelled to spend 4 hours fall Sunday afternoons watching the Browns lose games in real time- pretty sure I can find better things to do.
I like Richardson the player- but giving up picks to get him- with Blackmon and Claiborne as possibilities- I say bullshit.
Weeden will be impedin' the Browns a few years down the road. Congrats for cashing in Brandon. H&H proved there's a sucker born every minute.
The good news is I'll no longer feel compelled to spend 4 hours fall Sunday afternoons watching the Browns lose games in real time- pretty sure I can find better things to do.
Ok so I took the night and morning to reflect and I am agreeing with you 100%. I actually like both players that we drafted BUT:
Why would we give up picks to get Richardson a spot earlier. Who else was offering something to Minnesota? My guess is NOBODY because the only team close enough who may have wanted him was Tampa, and I don't buy that either. But hey they were later picks right. Sure but they were picks we could of packaged to move up later and get another quality player we need.
A RB is not the biggest hole on our team either. WR and Oline are definately our most needed positions.
Why take Weeden at 22? If you are upset that Kendall Wright got snatched up then take Decastro or trade back 5 to 8 spots pick up a couple picks and then take Weeden. I believe Weeden would have been there with our second round pick.
So now we have a new QB with nobody to protect him and nobody to throw to, But we have a "great" running back who can get us 2 yards a carry with everybody in the box. And on third down when we HAVE TO throw Weeden will get pounded because he cannot scramble and has no Oline help. HMMMMM.
Makes you really wonder about what is going on in that front office. Hey there is two more days of drafting left, hopefully they got there crap together overnight and will have a good plan for how to patch up some of these holes and turn around their draft.
Again let me reiterate.......I AM NOT SAYING that the Weeden or Richardson were bad picks or cannot be productive players or stars in the NFL. But neither will be stars on this team unless the Browns figure out how to fix the line get some talent at WR. Oh and lets not forget the defense either... They better nail the rest of these picks and find some diamonds in the rough.
-
Bob McGinn β @BobMcGinn
Based on the many scouts that I spoke with, I just can't fathom Brandon Weeden went 22nd. From what most all said, just seems wasted pick.
-
David Dodds β @fbg_dodds
TB now says they never had any interest to trade up. So they conspired with MIN to screw CLE. Who didn't see this a mile away?
:sigh:
-
So do we go Alshon or Randle with or next pick, and then trade back inti the 2nd for a OT. There is a shit ton of talent left and that is good news for us.
So do we go Alshon or Randle with or next pick, and then trade back inti the 2nd for a OT. There is a shit ton of talent left and that is good news for us.
If we pick Alshon in any round, it will be a failure.
-
29 year olds process information slower
perhaps you do. my processor is getting more efficient.
believe it or not, everyone is different.
-
I like Richardson the player- but giving up picks to get him- with Blackmon and Claiborne as possibilities- I say bullshit.
Weeden will be impedin' the Browns a few years down the road. Congrats for cashing in Brandon. H&H proved there's a sucker born every minute.
The good news is I'll no longer feel compelled to spend 4 hours fall Sunday afternoons watching the Browns lose games in real time- pretty sure I can find better things to do.
Ok so I took the night and morning to reflect and I am agreeing with you 100%. I actually like both players that we drafted BUT:
Why would we give up picks to get Richardson a spot earlier. Who else was offering something to Minnesota? My guess is NOBODY because the only team close enough who may have wanted him was Tampa, and I don't buy that either. But hey they were later picks right. Sure but they were picks we could of packaged to move up later and get another quality player we need.
A RB is not the biggest hole on our team either. WR and Oline are definately our most needed positions.
Why take Weeden at 22? If you are upset that Kendall Wright got snatched up then take Decastro or trade back 5 to 8 spots pick up a couple picks and then take Weeden. I believe Weeden would have been there with our second round pick.
So now we have a new QB with nobody to protect him and nobody to throw to, But we have a "great" running back who can get us 2 yards a carry with everybody in the box. And on third down when we HAVE TO throw Weeden will get pounded because he cannot scramble and has no Oline help. HMMMMM.
Makes you really wonder about what is going on in that front office. Hey there is two more days of drafting left, hopefully they got there crap together overnight and will have a good plan for how to patch up some of these holes and turn around their draft.
Again let me reiterate.......I AM NOT SAYING that the Weeden or Richardson were bad picks or cannot be productive players or stars in the NFL. But neither will be stars on this team unless the Browns figure out how to fix the line get some talent at WR. Oh and lets not forget the defense either... They better nail the rest of these picks and find some diamonds in the rough.
Ok so I took the night and morning to reflect and I am agreeing with you 100%. I actually like both players that we drafted BUT:
Why would we give up picks to get Richardson a spot earlier. Who else was offering something to Minnesota? My guess is NOBODY because the only team close enough who may have wanted him was Tampa, and I don't buy that either. But hey they were later picks right. Sure but they were picks we could of packaged to move up later and get another quality player we need.
A RB is not the biggest hole on our team either. WR and Oline are definately our most needed positions.
Why take Weeden at 22? If you are upset that Kendall Wright got snatched up then take Decastro or trade back 5 to 8 spots pick up a couple picks and then take Weeden. I believe Weeden would have been there with our second round pick.
So now we have a new QB with nobody to protect him and nobody to throw to, But we have a "great" running back who can get us 2 yards a carry with everybody in the box. And on third down when we HAVE TO throw Weeden will get pounded because he cannot scramble and has no Oline help. HMMMMM.
Makes you really wonder about what is going on in that front office. Hey there is two more days of drafting left, hopefully they got there crap together overnight and will have a good plan for how to patch up some of these holes and turn around their draft.
Again let me reiterate.......I AM NOT SAYING that the Weeden or Richardson were bad picks or cannot be productive players or stars in the NFL. But neither will be stars on this team unless the Browns figure out how to fix the line get some talent at WR. Oh and lets not forget the defense either... They better nail the rest of these picks and find some diamonds in the rough.
This is why you aren't the GM. TB was very serious about trading up ahead of us and the Vikes GM didn't call us until they had an offer from TB that they were going to take as per what Heckert said in his interview. Now with Weeden your thoughts are just based on sitting on your coach and listening to McShay talk and play with his hair. Heckert on the other hand watches tape 12 hours a day to make up his Big Board and he stated that he had Weeden ranked 13th over all. At #22 that is a steal and after the other guy they wanted in Wright was gone it made sense. There were other teams interested in Weeden between #22 and #37 so they didn't take the chance.
-
Ok so I took the night and morning to reflect and I am agreeing with you 100%. I actually like both players that we drafted BUT:
Why would we give up picks to get Richardson a spot earlier. Who else was offering something to Minnesota? My guess is NOBODY because the only team close enough who may have wanted him was Tampa, and I don't buy that either. But hey they were later picks right. Sure but they were picks we could of packaged to move up later and get another quality player we need.
A RB is not the biggest hole on our team either. WR and Oline are definately our most needed positions.
Why take Weeden at 22? If you are upset that Kendall Wright got snatched up then take Decastro or trade back 5 to 8 spots pick up a couple picks and then take Weeden. I believe Weeden would have been there with our second round pick.
So now we have a new QB with nobody to protect him and nobody to throw to, But we have a "great" running back who can get us 2 yards a carry with everybody in the box. And on third down when we HAVE TO throw Weeden will get pounded because he cannot scramble and has no Oline help. HMMMMM.
Makes you really wonder about what is going on in that front office. Hey there is two more days of drafting left, hopefully they got there crap together overnight and will have a good plan for how to patch up some of these holes and turn around their draft.
Again let me reiterate.......I AM NOT SAYING that the Weeden or Richardson were bad picks or cannot be productive players or stars in the NFL. But neither will be stars on this team unless the Browns figure out how to fix the line get some talent at WR. Oh and lets not forget the defense either... They better nail the rest of these picks and find some diamonds in the rough.
This is why you aren't the GM. TB was very serious about trading up ahead of us and the Vikes GM didn't call us until they had an offer from TB that they were going to take as per what Heckert said in his interview. Now with Weeden your thoughts are just based on sitting on your coach and listening to McShay talk and play with his hair. Heckert on the other hand watches tape 12 hours a day to make up his Big Board and he stated that he had Weeden ranked 13th over all. At #22 that is a steal and after the other guy they wanted in Wright was gone it made sense. There were other teams interested in Weeden between #22 and #37 so they didn't take the chance.
This is why you aren't the GM. TB was very serious about trading up ahead of us and the Vikes GM didn't call us until they had an offer from TB that they were going to take as per what Heckert said in his interview. Now with Weeden your thoughts are just based on sitting on your coach and listening to McShay talk and play with his hair. Heckert on the other hand watches tape 12 hours a day to make up his Big Board and he stated that he had Weeden ranked 13th over all. At #22 that is a steal and after the other guy they wanted in Wright was gone it made sense. There were other teams interested in Weeden between #22 and #37 so they didn't take the chance.
I thought it was a little high to get weeden but I think he'll be an upgrade over noodle arm McCoy. The trade up for Richardson didn't bother me that much. We have some pieces in place for a good line already. Before we get the pitchforks out, lets see what happens the rest of the draft.
In the end its a big crap shoot.
-
I'm hoping Hill w/ our next pick
If not Hill then Randle
If not Randel then... maybe Jeffery
IDK why everyone is bitching about Weeden's age. We get a guy that is more mature and will learn faster. Plus you guarantee there won't be any issues like making dumb decisions with all your new money.
Sure we won't get 15 years out of him, but how often does that really happen?
I'm hoping Hill w/ our next pick
If not Hill then Randle
If not Randel then... maybe Jeffery
IDK why everyone is bitching about Weeden's age. We get a guy that is more mature and will learn faster. Plus you guarantee there won't be any issues like making dumb decisions with all your new money.
Sure we won't get 15 years out of him, but how often does that really happen?
What scares me is not getting a serious WR threat to add to the offense and the teams picking before us in the 2nd round ALL have WR needs (Rams, Colts, Ravens, Broncos). Im afraid several good WRs go off the board before we pick. I guess we go RT if that happens. but we NEED to get better at WR.
-
Trading up to ensure we got Richardson is fine with me, but it limits our options today. However, he immediately makes us better.
Picking Weeden at 22? Not convinced, especially when I saw that De Castro was still there. De Castro is a day one starter in a position needed more than QB.
But now we've got Weeden, I don't see any value in trading McCoy. Weeden will start from day one, but I'm sure we'll need McCoy at some point. Can't we trade Wallace instead? Surely Colt has more upside?
As for today, OL and WR are what we need. Obviously.

-
Trading up to ensure we got Richardson is fine with me, but it limits our options today. However, he immediately makes us better.
Picking Weeden at 22? Not convinced, especially when I saw that De Castro was still there. De Castro is a day one starter in a position needed more than QB.
But now we've got Weeden, I don't see any value in trading McCoy. Weeden will start from day one, but I'm sure we'll need McCoy at some point. Can't we trade Wallace instead? Surely Colt has more upside?
As for today, OL and WR are what we need. Obviously.

Trading up to ensure we got Richardson is fine with me, but it limits our options today. However, he immediately makes us better.
Picking Weeden at 22? Not convinced, especially when I saw that De Castro was still there. De Castro is a day one starter in a position needed more than QB.
But now we've got Weeden, I don't see any value in trading McCoy. Weeden will start from day one, but I'm sure we'll need McCoy at some point. Can't we trade Wallace instead? Surely Colt has more upside?
As for today, OL and WR are what we need. Obviously.

Both Wallace and McCoy would be here just as long as each other would. Both would leave in two years after their contracts are up. Wallace to more than likely retire and McCoy to try and find a team to start for. You trade the one that gets you the most value.
-
When the Browns get Stephen Hill with the #37 pick, all of you cocksuckers will pull your tampons out of your tight sphincters and relax. Weeden will be an excellent QB, but I will support our starter whoever it is.
I have a feeling I am going to HATE Browns fans this offseason. This is the new era of the Quinn vs. Anderson debate, except both QB's are good this time.
SO JUST CHILL!
That is all.
When the Browns get Stephen Hill with the #37 pick, all of you cocksuckers will pull your tampons out of your tight sphincters and relax. Weeden will be an excellent QB, but I will support our starter whoever it is.
I have a feeling I am going to HATE Browns fans this offseason. This is the new era of the Quinn vs. Anderson debate, except both QB's are good this time.
SO JUST CHILL!
That is all.
why don't you worry about keeping this site up on a nite you know it will be busy MOD, instead of yelling at half the fan base who loves this forum!
-
When the Browns get Stephen Hill with the #37 pick, all of you cocksuckers will pull your tampons out of your tight sphincters and relax. Weeden will be an excellent QB, but I will support our starter whoever it is.
I have a feeling I am going to HATE Browns fans this offseason. This is the new era of the Quinn vs. Anderson debate, except both QB's are good this time.
SO JUST CHILL!
That is all.
why don't you worry about keeping this site up on a nite you know it will be busy MOD, instead of yelling at half the fan base who loves this forum!
why don't you worry about keeping this site up on a nite you know it will be busy MOD, instead of yelling at half the fan base who loves this forum!
How about we suspend adding new members till the draft is over and cut some of the cock smooching douchbags that only get on every other 3 months to bitch something. That would clear some traffic up.
-
@king-ghoolie-lives said:
PROLIFIC................. ABSOLUTELY PROLIFIC.
THIS is a guy who knows his shit.
Richardson at 3, Blackmon gone, we took Weeden.
Dude, GRRRRRrrrreat call.
Yeah... except for the fact that what he said would happen did not happen... Great call...
-
@king-ghoolie-lives said:
PROLIFIC................. ABSOLUTELY PROLIFIC.
THIS is a guy who knows his shit.
Richardson at 3, Blackmon gone, we took Weeden.
Dude, GRRRRRrrrreat call.
Is this the same Ghoolie.

-
This is why you aren't the GM. TB was very serious about trading up ahead of us and the Vikes GM didn't call us until they had an offer from TB that they were going to take as per what Heckert said in his interview. Now with Weeden your thoughts are just based on sitting on your coach and listening to McShay talk and play with his hair. Heckert on the other hand watches tape 12 hours a day to make up his Big Board and he stated that he had Weeden ranked 13th over all. At #22 that is a steal and after the other guy they wanted in Wright was gone it made sense. There were other teams interested in Weeden between #22 and #37 so they didn't take the chance.
I thought it was a little high to get weeden but I think he'll be an upgrade over noodle arm McCoy. The trade up for Richardson didn't bother me that much. We have some pieces in place for a good line already. Before we get the pitchforks out, lets see what happens the rest of the draft.
In the end its a big crap shoot.
I thought it was a little high to get weeden but I think he'll be an upgrade over noodle arm McCoy. The trade up for Richardson didn't bother me that much. We have some pieces in place for a good line already. Before we get the pitchforks out, lets see what happens the rest of the draft.
In the end its a big crap shoot.
What I noticed about Weeden was that he threw great to receivers in tight windows, unlike every highlight I see of RGIII throwing to receiver's with at least 5 yards of seperation... although RGIII is more talented.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login