***official Draft Day Thread***
-
I wanna find out how many beers and orgasms did Zombo and PoeticG have ?
I wanna find out how many beers and orgasms did Zombo and PoeticG have ?
Six.
I'm all in, so I'm the guy you to complain to in three years if Richardson isn't awesome.
There ya go...
Z
-
there was not a WR worth the 22nd pick once Wright was gone. Weeden is a great QB, only knock is he is 29...So what..
I am happy as can be, because I do not have to see COLT behind center for the Browns...
-
The more time that goes by the more I will like it probably. We get a WR and a tackle tomorrow and I'll e fine.
-
-
Zombo said:
Exactly! Do you see something different in him?
Jeezzus H Christ, this is Big Boy football, we don't have time to develop an innacurate, small-armed, gutsy third round pick. Excellent move Browns!
Zombo
I just hope he can play at a high level right away.
-
Weeden's got a cannon, what are you pussies crying about?
We'll get a fucking tackle.
Colt doesn't cut it ... time to live with that.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Weeden's got a cannon, what are you pussies crying about?We'll get a fucking tackle.Colt doesn't cut it ... time to live with that.Zombo
OMG, thank you. WTF is with this fan-base? Most everyone complains about our QB, so our FA goes and gets one, and they fucking cry and whine? "We picked him to early" blah, blah, blah....Jezz.
-
This is playing out just right for the Browns. The receivers are still there. The linemen are still there. They have an arm and a running back they haven t had in years .
-
You can argue for either side.
On one side you can say Holmgren & Co. knows their QB's. Holmgren worked with Young,Montana traded a first round pick for a second round QB named Favre,saw talent in Warner,Hasselbeck,Brunell. So you got to believe whatever he saw in them he has not seen in Colt so we made the right move replacing him. Tomorrow is not guaranteed to any of us, let alone 3,4,5 years from now. Let's do what we can to find the QB now, if Weeden busts - fuck it lets draft another QB next year, and the year after and the year after that until we get it right.
On the other hand, wtf this guy will be a 29 year old rookie. For every QB that plays effectively into their mid and upper 30's there is dozens who are washed up by 32. We are not sure he will even be an upgrade over Colt let alone spending a 22nd overall on him at his age. On top of that there were more than a few attractive names left out there in positions of need. Who will be a better pro? Decastro or Weeden?
Whatever the case may be this is make or break move by them. If Weeden blows I don't see how the organization could recover from it. I think it'd have to be the end of this regime.
-
When the Browns get Stephen Hill with the #37 pick, all of you cocksuckers will pull your tampons out of your tight sphincters and relax. Weeden will be an excellent QB, but I will support our starter whoever it is.
I have a feeling I am going to HATE Browns fans this offseason. This is the new era of the Quinn vs. Anderson debate, except both QB's are good this time.
SO JUST CHILL!
That is all.
-
You can argue for either side.
On one side you can say Holmgren & Co. knows their QB's. Holmgren worked with Young,Montana traded a first round pick for a second round QB named Favre,saw talent in Warner,Hasselbeck,Brunell. So you got to believe whatever he saw in them he has not seen in Colt so we made the right move replacing him. Tomorrow is not guaranteed to any of us, let alone 3,4,5 years from now. Let's do what we can to find the QB now, if Weeden busts - fuck it lets draft another QB next year, and the year after and the year after that until we get it right.
On the other hand, wtf this guy will be a 29 year old rookie. For every QB that plays effectively into their mid and upper 30's there is dozens who are washed up by 32. We are not sure he will even be an upgrade over Colt let alone spending a 22nd overall on him at his age. On top of that there were more than a few attractive names left out there in positions of need. Who will be a better pro? Decastro or Weeden?
Whatever the case may be this is make or break move by them. If Weeden blows I don't see how the organization could recover from it. I think it'd have to be the end of this regime.
You can argue for either side.
On one side you can say Holmgren & Co. knows their QB's. Holmgren worked with Young,Montana traded a first round pick for a second round QB named Favre,saw talent in Warner,Hasselbeck,Brunell. So you got to believe whatever he saw in them he has not seen in Colt so we made the right move replacing him. Tomorrow is not guaranteed to any of us, let alone 3,4,5 years from now. Let's do what we can to find the QB now, if Weeden busts - fuck it lets draft another QB next year, and the year after and the year after that until we get it right.
On the other hand, wtf this guy will be a 29 year old rookie. For every QB that plays effectively into their mid and upper 30's there is dozens who are washed up by 32. We are not sure he will even be an upgrade over Colt let alone spending a 22nd overall on him at his age. On top of that there were more than a few attractive names left out there in positions of need. Who will be a better pro? Decastro or Weeden?
Whatever the case may be this is make or break move by them. If Weeden blows I don't see how the organization could recover from it. I think it'd have to be the end of this regime.
Amen, hallelujah!!! They reached on both of their picks- if that isn't desperation, I don't know what is.
There were two freaking outstanding OL on the board that got taken right after Weeden. The Steelers thank the Browns again for fucking up.
H&H are saying- Weeden is better than anyone we potentially could have gotten in 2013. I seriously doubt that.
Weeden does have some good measurables- NLF size and arm but isn't mobile, and is playing behind a suspect OL. The Browns should draft Mike Adams in the second, but then- who is Weeden supposed to throw to?
-
''I don't know if we transformed the offense, but we've gotten better,'' general manager Tom Heckert said. ''That was the goal.''
Heckert said the Browns selected Weeden to be a future starter - perhaps immediately. Heckert said the club will spend the next few days discussing a trade of McCoy, who went 6-15 as a starter.
Bye bye Noodles...........
-
The only thing I hate about the Weeden pick is that we got him at 22 instead of 37. Weeden has a cannon and is a smart, mature guy. He WILL be the starter in Week 1 for the Browns. Tomorrow we will get a WR with the 37 pick and then a RT with our 3rd rounder. It's an exciting day. Richardson alone will be a shot of adrenaline to the heart of this offense. Weeden is a good pick and I'm happy we snagged him. He will be our QB for at least 6 years. Which it will be nice to see some consistency at that position. Only gripe is we got him at 22 instead of 37.
-
We take Massie or Martin at 37 and TY Hilton from FIU in the third. Would be the best draft the Browns have ever had.
-
You can argue for either side.
On one side you can say Holmgren & Co. knows their QB's. Holmgren worked with Young,Montana traded a first round pick for a second round QB named Favre,saw talent in Warner,Hasselbeck,Brunell. So you got to believe whatever he saw in them he has not seen in Colt so we made the right move replacing him. Tomorrow is not guaranteed to any of us, let alone 3,4,5 years from now. Let's do what we can to find the QB now, if Weeden busts - fuck it lets draft another QB next year, and the year after and the year after that until we get it right.
On the other hand, wtf this guy will be a 29 year old rookie. For every QB that plays effectively into their mid and upper 30's there is dozens who are washed up by 32. We are not sure he will even be an upgrade over Colt let alone spending a 22nd overall on him at his age. On top of that there were more than a few attractive names left out there in positions of need. Who will be a better pro? Decastro or Weeden?
Whatever the case may be this is make or break move by them. If Weeden blows I don't see how the organization could recover from it. I think it'd have to be the end of this regime.
Amen, hallelujah!!! They reached on both of their picks- if that isn't desperation, I don't know what is.
There were two freaking outstanding OL on the board that got taken right after Weeden. The Steelers thank the Browns again for fucking up.
H&H are saying- Weeden is better than anyone we potentially could have gotten in 2013. I seriously doubt that.
Weeden does have some good measurables- NLF size and arm but isn't mobile, and is playing behind a suspect OL. The Browns should draft Mike Adams in the second, but then- who is Weeden supposed to throw to?
Amen, hallelujah!!! They reached on both of their picks- if that isn't desperation, I don't know what is.
There were two freaking outstanding OL on the board that got taken right after Weeden. The Steelers thank the Browns again for fucking up.
I can forgive the trade up for TR... the additional picks that they shipped to the Vikes are almost textbook value per the chart. It's when I start to think of the value surrounding teams got trading down that I get irritated, e.g., Dallas and their Jones for Claiborne.
But to have taken Weedon at 22??? With Rieff sitting there? No fucking way... I simply cannot believe that Weedon would not have been there at 37.
''I don't know if we transformed the offense, but we've gotten better,'' general manager Tom Heckert said. ''That was the goal.''
Heckert said the Browns selected Weeden to be a future starter - perhaps immediately. Heckert said the club will spend the next few days discussing a trade of McCoy, who went 6-15 as a starter.
Better was the goal??? A fucking monkey slinging its shit at a list of combine participants could have made us better... Better is not a goal...
Well so much for the competition theory... Good for Colt and good luck to him...
-
I'm hoping Hill w/ our next pick
If not Hill then Randle
If not Randel then... maybe Jeffery
IDK why everyone is bitching about Weeden's age. We get a guy that is more mature and will learn faster. Plus you guarantee there won't be any issues like making dumb decisions with all your new money.
Sure we won't get 15 years out of him, but how often does that really happen?
-
Amen, hallelujah!!! They reached on both of their picks- if that isn't desperation, I don't know what is.
There were two freaking outstanding OL on the board that got taken right after Weeden. The Steelers thank the Browns again for fucking up.
I can forgive the trade up for TR... the additional picks that they shipped to the Vikes are almost textbook value per the chart. It's when I start to think of the value surrounding teams got trading down that I get irritated, e.g., Dallas and their Jones for Claiborne.
But to have taken Weedon at 22??? With Rieff sitting there? No fucking way... I simply cannot believe that Weedon would not have been there at 37.
''I don't know if we transformed the offense, but we've gotten better,'' general manager Tom Heckert said. ''That was the goal.''
Heckert said the Browns selected Weeden to be a future starter - perhaps immediately. Heckert said the club will spend the next few days discussing a trade of McCoy, who went 6-15 as a starter.
Better was the goal??? A fucking monkey slinging its shit at a list of combine participants could have made us better... Better is not a goal...
Well so much for the competition theory... Good for Colt and good luck to him...
I can forgive the trade up for TR... the additional picks that they shipped to the Vikes are almost textbook value per the chart. It's when I start to think of the value surrounding teams got trading down that I get irritated, e.g., Dallas and their Jones for Claiborne.
But to have taken Weedon at 22??? With Rieff sitting there? No fucking way... I simply cannot believe that Weedon would not have been there at 37.
Better was the goal??? A fucking monkey slinging its shit at a list of combine participants could have made us better... Better is not a goal...
Well so much for the competition theory... Good for Colt and good luck to him...
I like Richardson the player- but giving up picks to get him- with Blackmon and Claiborne as possibilities- I say bullshit.
Weeden will be impedin' the Browns a few years down the road. Congrats for cashing in Brandon. H&H proved there's a sucker born every minute.
The good news is I'll no longer feel compelled to spend 4 hours fall Sunday afternoons watching the Browns lose games in real time- pretty sure I can find better things to do.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
we will be a force to deal with on the gridiron!