Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Sideline Scouting Final Seven Round Mock

Sideline Scouting Final Seven Round Mock

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
6 Posts 4 Posters 499 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • SidelineScouting S
    • 22 Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    S SidelineScouting wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Over at Sideline Scouting we released our Final seven round mock draft today with explanations for every first round pick. Scroll over the tab “mock draft results” to see specific results for your favorite team. Tabs towards the top of each page to scroll through each round.

    http://www.sidelinescouting.com/mock/

    What do you guys think?

    Minnesota is the real pivot point at three which sucks because it’s so early. Sounds like they’re considering three options but we went with Claiborne because I trust Schefter over anyone else. But if they go Kalil or dare I even say it, Blackmon, it throws everything off.

    A few surprise picks, I know. But the NFL Draft is always a surprise. Overall thoughts?

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • SDBrownsFan S
      • 126 Posts
      • 4 Reputation
      S SDBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I don't see 22 being Weeden- maybe one of NEs first round picks in a trade up, but 22 is a good spot in this draft as long as you aren't taking a WR. There will be some surprises and I think there will be at least 5 or 6 guys rated higher than Weeden and maybe a few Top 15 guys on the Browns Board. I would not be surprised to see the Browns take a pass rusher at 22.

      Minny has two options in my opinion Kalil at 3 or a trade down/then Kalil- this is all last minute panic they are creating to get an extra pick. Kalil has been their guy.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • BendMeOver BendMeOverB
        • 328 Posts
        • 7 Reputation
        BendMeOverB BendMeOver wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Weeden would be an aweful pick for you guys at #22, as I've said previously.

        As for the Steelers, Cordy Glenn will only be selected if he's the best available player at the time, however, based on their mock I think the Steelers are likely to go another direction.

        The Steelers biggest need is secondary. There's no way they move up to take Claiborne. Gilmore would probably cost too much to move up for unless he falls out of the top 10. Mark Barron is also another player the Steelers would love to have to replace aging Ryan Clark, though CB is the most pressing need for the team. It's possible that the Steelers will trade up to #13 to get either Gilmore or Barron.

        I think the Steelers have interest in D. Poe, but he's more a work-out king rather than a guy who put many highlights up on the tape. Between Glenn or Poe, I think the Steelers would select Poe though. Then there's Hightower, and I really don't see the Steelers selecting Glenn over Hightower if both are available. However, I don't think Hightower will fall all the way down to #24. I believe the Ravens would like Hightower and would be willing to trade up to #16 to get him.

        The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • BendMeOverB BendMeOver

          Weeden would be an aweful pick for you guys at #22, as I've said previously.

          As for the Steelers, Cordy Glenn will only be selected if he's the best available player at the time, however, based on their mock I think the Steelers are likely to go another direction.

          The Steelers biggest need is secondary. There's no way they move up to take Claiborne. Gilmore would probably cost too much to move up for unless he falls out of the top 10. Mark Barron is also another player the Steelers would love to have to replace aging Ryan Clark, though CB is the most pressing need for the team. It's possible that the Steelers will trade up to #13 to get either Gilmore or Barron.

          I think the Steelers have interest in D. Poe, but he's more a work-out king rather than a guy who put many highlights up on the tape. Between Glenn or Poe, I think the Steelers would select Poe though. Then there's Hightower, and I really don't see the Steelers selecting Glenn over Hightower if both are available. However, I don't think Hightower will fall all the way down to #24. I believe the Ravens would like Hightower and would be willing to trade up to #16 to get him.

          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
          • 57k Posts
          • 4k Reputation
          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Endymion said:

          Weeden would be an aweful pick for you guys at #22, as I've said previously.

          As for the Steelers, Cordy Glenn will only be selected if he's the best available player at the time, however, based on their mock I think the Steelers are likely to go another direction.

          The Steelers biggest need is secondary. There's no way they move up to take Claiborne. Gilmore would probably cost too much to move up for unless he falls out of the top 10. Mark Barron is also another player the Steelers would love to have to replace aging Ryan Clark, though CB is the most pressing need for the team. It's possible that the Steelers will trade up to #13 to get either Gilmore or Barron.

          I think the Steelers have interest in D. Poe, but he's more a work-out king rather than a guy who put many highlights up on the tape. Between Glenn or Poe, I think the Steelers would select Poe though. Then there's Hightower, and I really don't see the Steelers selecting Glenn over Hightower if both are available. However, I don't think Hightower will fall all the way down to #24. I believe the Ravens would like Hightower and would be willing to trade up to #16 to get him.

          No, I think Poe has to go to the Ravens...after all, he named their team....and his namesake is now a movie action hero

          BendMeOverB 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • The GipperT The Gipper

            Endymion said:

            Weeden would be an aweful pick for you guys at #22, as I've said previously.

            As for the Steelers, Cordy Glenn will only be selected if he's the best available player at the time, however, based on their mock I think the Steelers are likely to go another direction.

            The Steelers biggest need is secondary. There's no way they move up to take Claiborne. Gilmore would probably cost too much to move up for unless he falls out of the top 10. Mark Barron is also another player the Steelers would love to have to replace aging Ryan Clark, though CB is the most pressing need for the team. It's possible that the Steelers will trade up to #13 to get either Gilmore or Barron.

            I think the Steelers have interest in D. Poe, but he's more a work-out king rather than a guy who put many highlights up on the tape. Between Glenn or Poe, I think the Steelers would select Poe though. Then there's Hightower, and I really don't see the Steelers selecting Glenn over Hightower if both are available. However, I don't think Hightower will fall all the way down to #24. I believe the Ravens would like Hightower and would be willing to trade up to #16 to get him.

            No, I think Poe has to go to the Ravens...after all, he named their team....and his namesake is now a movie action hero

            BendMeOver BendMeOverB
            • 328 Posts
            • 7 Reputation
            BendMeOverB BendMeOver wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @the-gipper said:

            No, I think Poe has to go to the Ravens...after all, he named their team....and his namesake is now a movie action hero

            While his last name may be common to Edgar Allen, I doubt the Ravens would select him solely for that reason. Any 3-4 team would be interested in Poe, especially since finding a quality NT is key to that defense. The Ravens are a pretty solid team, and they are in much better shape than my team, or any AFC North team for that matter. Their 2 biggest needs are the replacement for Ray Lewis (who is probably the biggest weakness on their defense), to which Hightower would fit nicely. The Ravens also need to start finding a replacement to the aging Ed Reed. I really don't see the Ravens as capable of moving up before Dallas to nab Barron, without seriously selling the farm to do so. Ozzie Newsome, doesn't appear to be a GM who would do such a thing, especially while they still have Ed Reed.

            The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • BendMeOverB BendMeOver

              @the-gipper said:

              No, I think Poe has to go to the Ravens...after all, he named their team....and his namesake is now a movie action hero

              While his last name may be common to Edgar Allen, I doubt the Ravens would select him solely for that reason. Any 3-4 team would be interested in Poe, especially since finding a quality NT is key to that defense. The Ravens are a pretty solid team, and they are in much better shape than my team, or any AFC North team for that matter. Their 2 biggest needs are the replacement for Ray Lewis (who is probably the biggest weakness on their defense), to which Hightower would fit nicely. The Ravens also need to start finding a replacement to the aging Ed Reed. I really don't see the Ravens as capable of moving up before Dallas to nab Barron, without seriously selling the farm to do so. Ozzie Newsome, doesn't appear to be a GM who would do such a thing, especially while they still have Ed Reed.

              The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
              • 57k Posts
              • 4k Reputation
              The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
              #6

              Endymion said:

              While his last name may be common to Edgar Allen, I doubt the Ravens would select him solely for that reason. Any 3-4 team would be interested in Poe, especially since finding a quality NT is key to that defense. The Ravens are a pretty solid team, and they are in much better shape than my team, or any AFC North team for that matter. Their 2 biggest needs are the replacement for Ray Lewis (who is probably the biggest weakness on their defense), to which Hightower would fit nicely. The Ravens also need to start finding a replacement to the aging Ed Reed. I really don't see the Ravens as capable of moving up before Dallas to nab Barron, without seriously selling the farm to do so. Ozzie Newsome, doesn't appear to be a GM who would do such a thing, especially while they still have Ed Reed.

              All makes sense....and yes, we know the Ravens have Ngata (who the Browns should have taken instead of Kameron Wimbley...assholes). Nevertheless, it just seems serendipitous that Dontari Poe should go to the team named in honor of an Edgar Allen Poe Poem.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply

              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

              Register Login
              Reply
              • Reply as topic
              Log in to reply
              • Oldest to Newest
              • Newest to Oldest
              • Most Votes


              Theme
              • System
              • Light
              • Dark
              The Browns Board Terms Privacy

              The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

              • First post
                Last post
              0
              • Forums
              • Recent
              • Popular
              • Users
              • Donate