Skip to content

Nfl Considering Getting Rid Of Pro Bowl

The Browns Board
12 12 545
  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Don't have a link yet cause I got to get going to class, but I saw on ESPN at the rec that they NFL is thinking about getting rid of the Pro Bowl game or at least changing it to something different. Thoughts on this.

    I think they might as well get rid of the game. It's pointless. I think they should move to something like the NFL does with the Skills competition or maybe a game with players teams think might breakout the following season.

  • Don't have a link yet cause I got to get going to class, but I saw on ESPN at the rec that they NFL is thinking about getting rid of the Pro Bowl game or at least changing it to something different. Thoughts on this.

    I think they might as well get rid of the game. It's pointless. I think they should move to something like the NFL does with the Skills competition or maybe a game with players teams think might breakout the following season.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #2

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Don't have a link yet cause I got to get going to class, but I saw on ESPN at the rec that they NFL is thinking about getting rid of the Pro Bowl game or at least changing it to something different. Thoughts on this.

    I think they might as well get rid of the game. It's pointless. I think they should move to something like the NFL does with the Skills competition or maybe a game with players teams think might breakout the following season.

    I think they still need to name a "Pro Bowl Team"

    Or how about this: some of you remember the "Doubleheader" pre season games they used to hold at Cleveland Muni Stadium? They should simply hold the "Pro Bowl Game" in the same stadium the same day as the Super Bowl. Give those fans paying all that money something extra instead of an incessant 10 hours of blather. (they aren't using players that are in the SB now, so what difference would that make?)

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #3

    It should go the way of the College All-Star game...

    Keep the All-Pro team... ditch the game...

  • B brownfish wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I would like to see the player competition come back. That was actually pretty fun to watch. I think the players liked that a lot more than the game...plus the chances of injury is a lot less.

    what QB could throw the farthest

    which players are the fastest

    sometimes you need to break up the team for true competition

    Gladiator Style

  • B Butler Browns wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Why not move the game back to Hawaii and play it after the Super Bowl?

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Put flags on them

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #7

    could care less either way. i haven't watched a pro-bowl since i was barely a teenager. its been nothing more than a popularity contest.

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #8

    I watched the parts of the game after the 2007 season because we had all those guys on offense make the team and it was cool seeing all those Browns helmets out there. Of course that meant I got to watch Anderception throw fastballs into the turf and over his receivers head, so that was depressing.

  • I watched the parts of the game after the 2007 season because we had all those guys on offense make the team and it was cool seeing all those Browns helmets out there. Of course that meant I got to watch Anderception throw fastballs into the turf and over his receivers head, so that was depressing.

    Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @mark-o said:

    I watched the parts of the game after the 2007 season because we had all those guys on offense make the team and it was cool seeing all those Browns helmets out there. Of course that meant I got to watch Anderception throw fastballs into the turf and over his receivers head, so that was depressing.

    That was the last time I watched the probowl also. Maybe it is because we never get more than one or two players on the Pro Bowl team is why I don't care for it. 😵

  • C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Good Riddance

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Get rid of it...

    Name an all-pro team, and maybe do a "skills challenge" like they do with college players. I always enjoyed watching those.

    I, like others, haven't watched the pro bowl since I was like 8 years old

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by slowburn
    #12

    Nothin like watching a bunch of egomainiacs half-assing it through 60 minutes of so called pro football.

    Id rather watch a meaningless preseason game.

    The game should have been deep sixed a decade ago. Happy trails.