Skip to content

Empty Seats?

The Browns Board
91 20 5.3k
  • Zombo said:

    Adam's right, there'd be 80,000, and it wouldn't be called a "pep rally", it'd be called a Tailgate. There would be no waving of yellow gay flags, there would be mass consumption of Jim Beam and tackle pick-up games on the frozen lots

    Zombo

    --OK imagine Jim Mora at a press conference: "Pep rally? ... PEP rally? .... Pep rally? ... no ... Pep? ... what? ... Pep rally??"

    80,000 people don't even show up to the games....

  • @atenears said:

    All I know is that someone in my house said, "Man, I can't believe all the empty seats in pittsburgh!" I then looked for it the next time the camera's panned the stands and I was surprised that about a third of the seats were vacant in the uppers bowls.

    Ghoolie tells me that Steelers fans are great ... I've always known them to be fair-weather, and from the looks of things today, i'd say that I was right all along.

    It's ok bro, every other team outside of Cleveland have luke-warm fans ... don't feel bad.

    The temperature in Pittsburgh is currently -2 degrees yet over 1,000 people showed up to an outdoor pep rally at the city hall. You and others sound completely assinine when you say Steelers fans are mostly fairweather fans. If you are so sure the stadium was empty look at all four of those pictures I gave you a link to and point out just one empty seat. I know for a fact you want even try becuase behind you thick head you know there was not a single empty seat.

    @yeahdaisafuturehofer... said:

    The temperature in Pittsburgh is currently -2 degrees yet over 1,000 people showed up to an outdoor pep rally at the city hall. You and others sound completely assinine when you say Steelers fans are mostly fairweather fans. If you are so sure the stadium was empty look at all four of those pictures I gave you a link to and point out just one empty seat. I know for a fact you want even try becuase behind you thick head you know there was not a single empty seat.

    If you would, take this as an honest look at the fans in Pittsburgh:

    I was at the game last week and there were not empty seats. Only some spread over the club seats, but you have that in every new NFL stadium. So the fans were there.

    But what bothered me the most and continues to make me question the steeler faithful are a couple of issues:

    1) While tailgating and such was rampant before the game, it was a decidedly less amped-up atmosphere than I expected. And ESPECIALLY after the game. When I leave regular season games where the home team wins there is a different feel in different cities. Cleveland, KC, NY and DEN have some of the best post-win atmospheres. Pitt is decidedly in the middle of the pack. The post-win atmosphere is definitely not what you would expect. And after leaving the stadium last week, I would have thought the energy level would have been much greater. But it wasn't. The mood was light, but there weren't many chants happening and people were more content with simply walking away smiling rather than being jubulant. Maybe it's that they're spoiled with winning. Perhaps they are becoming the reincarnation of the 1990's Atlanta Braves fans.....

    2) However, my BIGGEST issue with the pitt fans is this. I've stated before that last year against the Jags we had 9 playoff tix on the lower level 50 and had several 'fans' turn us down for the game saying they would rather watch it at home. I assumed it was because the weather was going to be bad and they ended last year poorly so the fans correctly assumed a loss. While we were able to find people to go last week, this week is different. THIS YEAR - HEADING INTO A HOME FREAKIN' CHAMPIONSHIP GAME we again had four.....FOUR 'steeler fans' turn down the opportunity to sit in these seats. EACH ONE SAID IT WAS GOING TO BE TOO DAMN COLD.

    Say what you want but that, my friend, is the very definition of FAIR WEATHER.

    There isn't a steeler fan that can argue these points, try as they might. I'm living it. Even my steeler friends are disheartened when they go there. The atmosphere at Heinz is a fraction of what it was at 3-rivers. Not even close.

    I can't imagine what would happen if they strung together several losing seasons.

  • @yeahdaisafuturehofer... said:

    The temperature in Pittsburgh is currently -2 degrees yet over 1,000 people showed up to an outdoor pep rally at the city hall. You and others sound completely assinine when you say Steelers fans are mostly fairweather fans. If you are so sure the stadium was empty look at all four of those pictures I gave you a link to and point out just one empty seat. I know for a fact you want even try becuase behind you thick head you know there was not a single empty seat.

    If you would, take this as an honest look at the fans in Pittsburgh:

    I was at the game last week and there were not empty seats. Only some spread over the club seats, but you have that in every new NFL stadium. So the fans were there.

    But what bothered me the most and continues to make me question the steeler faithful are a couple of issues:

    1) While tailgating and such was rampant before the game, it was a decidedly less amped-up atmosphere than I expected. And ESPECIALLY after the game. When I leave regular season games where the home team wins there is a different feel in different cities. Cleveland, KC, NY and DEN have some of the best post-win atmospheres. Pitt is decidedly in the middle of the pack. The post-win atmosphere is definitely not what you would expect. And after leaving the stadium last week, I would have thought the energy level would have been much greater. But it wasn't. The mood was light, but there weren't many chants happening and people were more content with simply walking away smiling rather than being jubulant. Maybe it's that they're spoiled with winning. Perhaps they are becoming the reincarnation of the 1990's Atlanta Braves fans.....

    2) However, my BIGGEST issue with the pitt fans is this. I've stated before that last year against the Jags we had 9 playoff tix on the lower level 50 and had several 'fans' turn us down for the game saying they would rather watch it at home. I assumed it was because the weather was going to be bad and they ended last year poorly so the fans correctly assumed a loss. While we were able to find people to go last week, this week is different. THIS YEAR - HEADING INTO A HOME FREAKIN' CHAMPIONSHIP GAME we again had four.....FOUR 'steeler fans' turn down the opportunity to sit in these seats. EACH ONE SAID IT WAS GOING TO BE TOO DAMN COLD.

    Say what you want but that, my friend, is the very definition of FAIR WEATHER.

    There isn't a steeler fan that can argue these points, try as they might. I'm living it. Even my steeler friends are disheartened when they go there. The atmosphere at Heinz is a fraction of what it was at 3-rivers. Not even close.

    I can't imagine what would happen if they strung together several losing seasons.

    @squintz said:

    If you would, take this as an honest look at the fans in Pittsburgh:

    I was at the game last week and there were not empty seats. Only some spread over the club seats, but you have that in every new NFL stadium. So the fans were there.

    But what bothered me the most and continues to make me question the steeler faithful are a couple of issues:

    1) While tailgating and such was rampant before the game, it was a decidedly less amped-up atmosphere than I expected. And ESPECIALLY after the game. When I leave regular season games where the home team wins there is a different feel in different cities. Cleveland, KC, NY and DEN have some of the best post-win atmospheres. Pitt is decidedly in the middle of the pack. The post-win atmosphere is definitely not what you would expect. And after leaving the stadium last week, I would have thought the energy level would have been much greater. But it wasn't. The mood was light, but there weren't many chants happening and people were more content with simply walking away smiling rather than being jubulant. Maybe it's that they're spoiled with winning. Perhaps they are becoming the reincarnation of the 1990's Atlanta Braves fans.....

    2) However, my BIGGEST issue with the pitt fans is this. I've stated before that last year against the Jags we had 9 playoff tix on the lower level 50 and had several 'fans' turn us down for the game saying they would rather watch it at home. I assumed it was because the weather was going to be bad and they ended last year poorly so the fans correctly assumed a loss. While we were able to find people to go last week, this week is different. THIS YEAR - HEADING INTO A HOME FREAKIN' CHAMPIONSHIP GAME we again had four.....FOUR 'steeler fans' turn down the opportunity to sit in these seats. EACH ONE SAID IT WAS GOING TO BE TOO DAMN COLD.

    Say what you want but that, my friend, is the very definition of FAIR WEATHER.

    There isn't a steeler fan that can argue these points, try as they might. I'm living it. Even my steeler friends are disheartened when they go there. The atmosphere at Heinz is a fraction of what it was at 3-rivers. Not even close.

    I can't imagine what would happen if they strung together several losing seasons.

    1. We don't get that big of a kick out of winning becuase we are so used to it......

    Just becuase we don't set things on fire and loot stores after a playoff win doesn't mean we aren't happy.

    2. A few fans didn't want to spend the money for game tickets becuase they already had plans to watch the game somewhere else doesn't make them or the whole fanbase fair weather fans. Maybe they promised to watch the game with a BF/GF or someone else. Do you expect them to just blow them off? The facts that people that weren't going to the game were tailgaiting in that weather seems to be all the proof I not they weren't fair weather fans....

    We string together losing seasons in the 80's. We still sold out every game so there is your answer!

  • @atenears said:

    All I know is that someone in my house said, "Man, I can't believe all the empty seats in pittsburgh!" I then looked for it the next time the camera's panned the stands and I was surprised that about a third of the seats were vacant in the uppers bowls.

    Ghoolie tells me that Steelers fans are great ... I've always known them to be fair-weather, and from the looks of things today, i'd say that I was right all along.

    It's ok bro, every other team outside of Cleveland have luke-warm fans ... don't feel bad.

    The temperature in Pittsburgh is currently -2 degrees yet over 1,000 people showed up to an outdoor pep rally at the city hall. You and others sound completely assinine when you say Steelers fans are mostly fairweather fans. If you are so sure the stadium was empty look at all four of those pictures I gave you a link to and point out just one empty seat. I know for a fact you want even try becuase behind you thick head you know there was not a single empty seat.

    @yeahdaisafuturehofer... said:

    The temperature in Pittsburgh is currently -2 degrees yet over 1,000 people showed up to an outdoor pep rally at the city hall. You and others sound completely assinine when you say Steelers fans are mostly fairweather fans. If you are so sure the stadium was empty look at all four of those pictures I gave you a link to and point out just one empty seat. I know for a fact you want even try becuase behind you thick head you know there was not a single empty seat.

    OOOhhhhhhhhh ... I'm convinced now.

    I haven't looked at the pictures yet ... can you send them again so I can ignore them a second time?

  • @squintz said:

    If you would, take this as an honest look at the fans in Pittsburgh:

    I was at the game last week and there were not empty seats. Only some spread over the club seats, but you have that in every new NFL stadium. So the fans were there.

    But what bothered me the most and continues to make me question the steeler faithful are a couple of issues:

    1) While tailgating and such was rampant before the game, it was a decidedly less amped-up atmosphere than I expected. And ESPECIALLY after the game. When I leave regular season games where the home team wins there is a different feel in different cities. Cleveland, KC, NY and DEN have some of the best post-win atmospheres. Pitt is decidedly in the middle of the pack. The post-win atmosphere is definitely not what you would expect. And after leaving the stadium last week, I would have thought the energy level would have been much greater. But it wasn't. The mood was light, but there weren't many chants happening and people were more content with simply walking away smiling rather than being jubulant. Maybe it's that they're spoiled with winning. Perhaps they are becoming the reincarnation of the 1990's Atlanta Braves fans.....

    2) However, my BIGGEST issue with the pitt fans is this. I've stated before that last year against the Jags we had 9 playoff tix on the lower level 50 and had several 'fans' turn us down for the game saying they would rather watch it at home. I assumed it was because the weather was going to be bad and they ended last year poorly so the fans correctly assumed a loss. While we were able to find people to go last week, this week is different. THIS YEAR - HEADING INTO A HOME FREAKIN' CHAMPIONSHIP GAME we again had four.....FOUR 'steeler fans' turn down the opportunity to sit in these seats. EACH ONE SAID IT WAS GOING TO BE TOO DAMN COLD.

    Say what you want but that, my friend, is the very definition of FAIR WEATHER.

    There isn't a steeler fan that can argue these points, try as they might. I'm living it. Even my steeler friends are disheartened when they go there. The atmosphere at Heinz is a fraction of what it was at 3-rivers. Not even close.

    I can't imagine what would happen if they strung together several losing seasons.

    1. We don't get that big of a kick out of winning becuase we are so used to it......

    Just becuase we don't set things on fire and loot stores after a playoff win doesn't mean we aren't happy.

    2. A few fans didn't want to spend the money for game tickets becuase they already had plans to watch the game somewhere else doesn't make them or the whole fanbase fair weather fans. Maybe they promised to watch the game with a BF/GF or someone else. Do you expect them to just blow them off? The facts that people that weren't going to the game were tailgaiting in that weather seems to be all the proof I not they weren't fair weather fans....

    We string together losing seasons in the 80's. We still sold out every game so there is your answer!

    @yeahdaisafuturehofer... said:

    1. We don't get that big of a kick out of winning becuase we are so used to it......

    Just becuase we don't set things on fire and loot stores after a playoff win doesn't mean we aren't happy.

    2. A few fans didn't want to spend the money for game tickets becuase they already had plans to watch the game somewhere else doesn't make them or the whole fanbase fair weather fans. Maybe they promised to watch the game with a BF/GF or someone else. Do you expect them to just blow them off? The facts that people that weren't going to the game were tailgaiting in that weather seems to be all the proof I not they weren't fair weather fans....

    Hmm - Don't get a big kick out of it because they are so used to it......yep - clearly a Braves fan.

    And no, we offered the tickets for FREE. Let me see, free 50yl lower level behind the home bench and you're trying to justify why FOUR 'fans' said no. And we offered them pais so they wouldn't have to come alone because we know people always prefer to bring a friend or significant other.

    And there were BARELY any fans that tailgated but didn't head into the stadium. I'm just telling it like it is.

    In KC it's rabid. Philly is crazy. In Denver it's a great scene. NY is fun as heck. CLE is also a great scene.

    Pit isn't. It's nice - people are cordial and it's generally a nice atmosphere. Kind of like Tampa Bay or how they do it in Houston. Nice.

    You string together losing seasons in the 80's and still sell out a 50k seat stadium. Oooohhhhhhh - GREAT JOB! You get a bonus star on your paper today grasshopper!

    Plus, like I said - the atmosphere and fans at 3 rivers were great. But they've and the entire fanbase has changed. Dispute it all you want, you know the truth.

  • @yeahdaisafuturehofer... said:

    The temperature in Pittsburgh is currently -2 degrees yet over 1,000 people showed up to an outdoor pep rally at the city hall. You and others sound completely assinine when you say Steelers fans are mostly fairweather fans. If you are so sure the stadium was empty look at all four of those pictures I gave you a link to and point out just one empty seat. I know for a fact you want even try becuase behind you thick head you know there was not a single empty seat.

    OOOhhhhhhhhh ... I'm convinced now.

    I haven't looked at the pictures yet ... can you send them again so I can ignore them a second time?

    @atenears said:

    OOOhhhhhhhhh ... I'm convinced now.

    I haven't looked at the pictures yet ... can you send them again so I can ignore them a second time?

    I am sorry you are too lazy to click a link and scroll over to see a couple of pictures....

  • you watch Browns games and the stadium is literally empty by the 4th quarter. I can remember the stadium filled with cheering Steeler fans waving terrible towels and Browns fans walking out of the stadium with their heads down in disgust. Talk about empty seats??? look at your own.

  • @yeahdaisafuturehofer... said:

    1. We don't get that big of a kick out of winning becuase we are so used to it......

    Just becuase we don't set things on fire and loot stores after a playoff win doesn't mean we aren't happy.

    2. A few fans didn't want to spend the money for game tickets becuase they already had plans to watch the game somewhere else doesn't make them or the whole fanbase fair weather fans. Maybe they promised to watch the game with a BF/GF or someone else. Do you expect them to just blow them off? The facts that people that weren't going to the game were tailgaiting in that weather seems to be all the proof I not they weren't fair weather fans....

    Hmm - Don't get a big kick out of it because they are so used to it......yep - clearly a Braves fan.

    And no, we offered the tickets for FREE. Let me see, free 50yl lower level behind the home bench and you're trying to justify why FOUR 'fans' said no. And we offered them pais so they wouldn't have to come alone because we know people always prefer to bring a friend or significant other.

    And there were BARELY any fans that tailgated but didn't head into the stadium. I'm just telling it like it is.

    In KC it's rabid. Philly is crazy. In Denver it's a great scene. NY is fun as heck. CLE is also a great scene.

    Pit isn't. It's nice - people are cordial and it's generally a nice atmosphere. Kind of like Tampa Bay or how they do it in Houston. Nice.

    You string together losing seasons in the 80's and still sell out a 50k seat stadium. Oooohhhhhhh - GREAT JOB! You get a bonus star on your paper today grasshopper!

    Plus, like I said - the atmosphere and fans at 3 rivers were great. But they've and the entire fanbase has changed. Dispute it all you want, you know the truth.

    @squintz said:

    Hmm - Don't get a big kick out of it because they are so used to it......yep - clearly a Braves fan.

    And no, we offered the tickets for FREE. Let me see, free 50yl lower level behind the home bench and you're trying to justify why FOUR 'fans' said no. And we offered them pais so they wouldn't have to come alone because we know people always prefer to bring a friend or significant other.

    And there were BARELY any fans that tailgated but didn't head into the stadium. I'm just telling it like it is.

    In KC it's rabid. Philly is crazy. In Denver it's a great scene. NY is fun as heck. CLE is also a great scene.

    Pit isn't. It's nice - people are cordial and it's generally a nice atmosphere. Kind of like Tampa Bay or how they do it in Houston. Nice.

    Why exactly were you offering tickets that could be sold for over $500 each for free? Where did you get those kind of tickets anyway?

  • @squintz said:

    Hmm - Don't get a big kick out of it because they are so used to it......yep - clearly a Braves fan.

    And no, we offered the tickets for FREE. Let me see, free 50yl lower level behind the home bench and you're trying to justify why FOUR 'fans' said no. And we offered them pais so they wouldn't have to come alone because we know people always prefer to bring a friend or significant other.

    And there were BARELY any fans that tailgated but didn't head into the stadium. I'm just telling it like it is.

    In KC it's rabid. Philly is crazy. In Denver it's a great scene. NY is fun as heck. CLE is also a great scene.

    Pit isn't. It's nice - people are cordial and it's generally a nice atmosphere. Kind of like Tampa Bay or how they do it in Houston. Nice.

    Why exactly were you offering tickets that could be sold for over $500 each for free? Where did you get those kind of tickets anyway?

    @yeahdaisafuturehofer... said:

    Why exactly were you offering tickets that could be sold for over $500 each for free? Where did you get those kind of tickets anyway?

    We take clients for work. My Pit rep takes fans to every game and I'll head over to a few.

    Got seats to the SB too - so I'm actually pulling for the steelers this week.

    Great f'in seats.

  • @yeahdaisafuturehofer... said:

    Why exactly were you offering tickets that could be sold for over $500 each for free? Where did you get those kind of tickets anyway?

    We take clients for work. My Pit rep takes fans to every game and I'll head over to a few.

    Got seats to the SB too - so I'm actually pulling for the steelers this week.

    Great f'in seats.

    @squintz said:

    We take clients for work. My Pit rep takes fans to every game and I'll head over to a few.

    Got seats to the SB too - so I'm actually pulling for the steelers this week.

    Great f'in seats.

    That's cool. For the Steelers sake I hope you get to go!

  • @squintz said:

    If you would, take this as an honest look at the fans in Pittsburgh:

    I was at the game last week and there were not empty seats. Only some spread over the club seats, but you have that in every new NFL stadium. So the fans were there.

    But what bothered me the most and continues to make me question the steeler faithful are a couple of issues:

    1) While tailgating and such was rampant before the game, it was a decidedly less amped-up atmosphere than I expected. And ESPECIALLY after the game. When I leave regular season games where the home team wins there is a different feel in different cities. Cleveland, KC, NY and DEN have some of the best post-win atmospheres. Pitt is decidedly in the middle of the pack. The post-win atmosphere is definitely not what you would expect. And after leaving the stadium last week, I would have thought the energy level would have been much greater. But it wasn't. The mood was light, but there weren't many chants happening and people were more content with simply walking away smiling rather than being jubulant. Maybe it's that they're spoiled with winning. Perhaps they are becoming the reincarnation of the 1990's Atlanta Braves fans.....

    2) However, my BIGGEST issue with the pitt fans is this. I've stated before that last year against the Jags we had 9 playoff tix on the lower level 50 and had several 'fans' turn us down for the game saying they would rather watch it at home. I assumed it was because the weather was going to be bad and they ended last year poorly so the fans correctly assumed a loss. While we were able to find people to go last week, this week is different. THIS YEAR - HEADING INTO A HOME FREAKIN' CHAMPIONSHIP GAME we again had four.....FOUR 'steeler fans' turn down the opportunity to sit in these seats. EACH ONE SAID IT WAS GOING TO BE TOO DAMN COLD.

    Say what you want but that, my friend, is the very definition of FAIR WEATHER.

    There isn't a steeler fan that can argue these points, try as they might. I'm living it. Even my steeler friends are disheartened when they go there. The atmosphere at Heinz is a fraction of what it was at 3-rivers. Not even close.

    I can't imagine what would happen if they strung together several losing seasons.

    1. We don't get that big of a kick out of winning becuase we are so used to it......

    Just becuase we don't set things on fire and loot stores after a playoff win doesn't mean we aren't happy.

    2. A few fans didn't want to spend the money for game tickets becuase they already had plans to watch the game somewhere else doesn't make them or the whole fanbase fair weather fans. Maybe they promised to watch the game with a BF/GF or someone else. Do you expect them to just blow them off? The facts that people that weren't going to the game were tailgaiting in that weather seems to be all the proof I not they weren't fair weather fans....

    We string together losing seasons in the 80's. We still sold out every game so there is your answer!

    @yeahdaisafuturehofer... said:

    ..... Maybe they promised to watch the game with a BF/GF or someone else. Do you expect them to just blow them off?

    Nooo ... you didn't just go there! OMG, I'm gonna split a gut over here ... this is good shit. Please post some more excuses, this is fantastic stuff.

    WEED-1.jpg

  • @yeahdaisafuturehofer... said:

    ..... Maybe they promised to watch the game with a BF/GF or someone else. Do you expect them to just blow them off?

    Nooo ... you didn't just go there! OMG, I'm gonna split a gut over here ... this is good shit. Please post some more excuses, this is fantastic stuff.

    WEED-1.jpg

    @atenears said:

    Nooo ... you didn't just go there! OMG, I'm gonna split a gut over here ... this is good shit. Please post some more excuses, this is fantastic stuff.

    WEED-1.jpg

    No one actually knows why they didn't want to go into the game. A logical possible explaination isn't an excuse.

  • @atenears said:

    Nooo ... you didn't just go there! OMG, I'm gonna split a gut over here ... this is good shit. Please post some more excuses, this is fantastic stuff.

    WEED-1.jpg

    No one actually knows why they didn't want to go into the game. A logical possible explaination isn't an excuse.

    @yeahdaisafuturehofer... said:

    No one actually knows why they didn't want to go into the game. A logical possible explaination isn't an excuse.

    They didn't go because their pussified fairweather bitches like you.

  • @yeahdaisafuturehofer... said:

    No one actually knows why they didn't want to go into the game. A logical possible explaination isn't an excuse.

    They didn't go because their pussified fairweather bitches like you.

    AdaM said:

    They didn't go because their pussified fairweather bitches like you.

    You really don't know that do you?

  • AdaM said:

    They didn't go because their pussified fairweather bitches like you.

    You really don't know that do you?

    @yeahdaisafuturehofer... said:

    You really don't know that do you?

    Yes. I really do.

    You are TERRIBLE at this...

  • Zombo said:

    Let's give credit where credit is due. Yeahda did make it to the the pep rally in those frigid conditions. Here he is hurrying to meet Silvercock at city hall...

    steeler_fan_proudly_waving_terrib_2.jpg

    Zombo

    Man do I love levity!!!!!

    post-549-1232129814_thumb.jpg

  • @yeahdaisafuturehofer... said:

    You really don't know that do you?

    Yes. I really do.

    You are TERRIBLE at this...

    AdaM said:

    Yes. I really do.

    You are TERRIBLE at this...

    There could have been a countless number of reasons they decided not to go, you just assume becuase it was cold. If I am that bad you shouldn't have told me. You should have just let me keep talking so I would just make myself look stupid.

  • AdaM said:

    Yes. I really do.

    You are TERRIBLE at this...

    There could have been a countless number of reasons they decided not to go, you just assume becuase it was cold. If I am that bad you shouldn't have told me. You should have just let me keep talking so I would just make myself look stupid.

    @yeahdaisafuturehofer... said:

    There could have been a countless number of reasons they decided not to go, you just assume becuase it was cold. If I am that bad you shouldn't have told me. You should have just let me keep talking so I would just make myself look stupid.

    WAY too late on that one buddy...

  • @inspecta said:

    You have 220 posts, and all of them make you look stupid.

    What kind of post could I have made to make me look smart. To you guys I would have to say the Browns are actually good but thats one of the dumbest things I could say.

  • @inspecta said:

    You have 220 posts, and all of them make you look stupid.

    What kind of post could I have made to make me look smart. To you guys I would have to say the Browns are actually good but thats one of the dumbest things I could say.

    @yeahdaisafuturehofer... said:

    What kind of post could I have made to make me look smart. To you guys I would have to say the Browns are actually good but thats one of the dumbest things I could say.

    I've finally figured it out.

    You're still in Jr High aren't you...

    There is no possible way an adult has such a narrow grip on reality.