Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Weeden

Weeden

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
31 Posts 23 Posters 3.0k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • TheClevelandSound TheClevelandSoundT
    • 2k Posts
    • 29 Reputation
    TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound wrote on last edited by
    #3

    It was too early and now we are back to the Quinn vs. Anderson crap with Colt and Brandon.

    I will support our starter. That's my direction.

    Either way, we are gonna have the best backup in the NFL.

    Predicted Records:2010: 8-82011: 8-82012: 9-72013: 5-112014: 6-10
    MLD WoodyM 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • TheClevelandSoundT TheClevelandSound

      It was too early and now we are back to the Quinn vs. Anderson crap with Colt and Brandon.

      I will support our starter. That's my direction.

      Either way, we are gonna have the best backup in the NFL.

      MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
      • 33k Posts
      • 3k Reputation
      MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
      #4

      @theclevelandsound said:

      It was too early and now we are back to the Quinn vs. Anderson crap with Colt and Brandon.

      I will support our starter. That's my direction.

      Either way, we are gonna have the best backup in the NFL.

      Jason Cambell?

      Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
      T 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • PoeticG PoeticGP Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 4k Posts
        • 658 Reputation
        PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
        #5

        Anything is better than having to watch Seneca Wallace try and complete passes...IMO.

        The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one. -Mark Twain- "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." -Mark Twain-
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

          @theclevelandsound said:

          It was too early and now we are back to the Quinn vs. Anderson crap with Colt and Brandon.

          I will support our starter. That's my direction.

          Either way, we are gonna have the best backup in the NFL.

          Jason Cambell?

          Taco918 T
          • 1k Posts
          • 94 Reputation
          T Taco918 wrote on last edited by
          #6

          @mld-woody said:

          Jason Cambell?

          I figured you would've gone with Henne.

          MLD WoodyM B 2 Replies Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • T Taco918

            @mld-woody said:

            Jason Cambell?

            I figured you would've gone with Henne.

            MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
            • 33k Posts
            • 3k Reputation
            MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
            #7

            @taco918 said:

            I figured you would've gone with Henne.

            Who said he was a backup.... πŸ˜‰

            Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
            T 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

              @taco918 said:

              I figured you would've gone with Henne.

              Who said he was a backup.... πŸ˜‰

              Taco918 T
              • 1k Posts
              • 94 Reputation
              T Taco918 wrote on last edited by
              #8

              @mld-woody said:

              Who said he was a backup.... πŸ˜‰

              Touche

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • VaporTrailV VaporTrail

                Dude woulda been picked up by someone else. All the other QB's are a tier lower than him.

                Bills-n-Browns-Fan B
                • 247 Posts
                • 18 Reputation
                B Bills-n-Browns-Fan wrote on last edited by
                #9

                @vaportrail said:

                Dude woulda been picked up by someone else. All the other QB's are a tier lower than him.

                I think USF is joking, he was complimenting Weeden earlier.

                Proud fan of the Buffalo Bills and Cleveland Browns.
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • USFBrown USFBrownU Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 2k Posts
                  • 270 Reputation
                  USFBrownU USFBrown wrote on last edited by
                  #10

                  I do like weeden. At the time I thought it was too early for him. After some time I realize that someone else may have snagged him. Not sure who that early but at the end glad we got a qb with a big arm.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 8k Posts
                    • 1k Reputation
                    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                    #11

                    Weeden start the fire.

                    I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    πŸ‘
                    Quote Reply
                    • sickofthiscrap S
                      • 8 Posts
                      • 1 Reputation
                      S sickofthiscrap wrote on last edited by
                      #12

                      I just created this account because I needed to vent somewhere. Why not here. Browns fan for 35 years, season ticket holder, call me a masochist if you must.

                      As picks 10-21 were announced, I couldn't believe how perfectly the stars were aligning for the Browns. Teams were picking defensive player after defensive player, leaving all offense on the board - the Browns had a plethora of choices. Fine, Kendall Wright is off the board, we don't need to waste a first round draft pick on a sub-six-foot wideout.

                      Fortune finally shines on Cleveland, as the second and third best offensive linemen are available at pick 22! The Browns can choose from the second best tackle, arguable the best right tackle on the board, or the highest rated guard in the draft! Out o-line is absolutely depleted - we got Joe Thomas and Alex Mack, followed by scrubs. We have 40% of a line with zero depth. We can shore this critical component of the team up as the entire collection of linemen, outside of Kalil, has fallen into our lap. Oh, glorious day!

                      Then the fateful moment when Roger Goodell announces the pick. Brandon MotherFucking Weeden. A 30 year old rookie quarterback. The 4th rated quarterback on the board, selected at number 22 overall - over the highest rated RT and OG on the board. An injured baseball player.

                      I'm only 35. I have never seen my city win a championship, I've never had the privilege of rioting in celebration. At this moment, I feel like rioting in pure rage. I want things to burn. We have a 30 year old rookie quarterback. With a decrepit offensive line, and no valid receiver. Why the fuck am I paying thousands of dollars to support this bullshit?

                      I could not believe our luck - we could choose between Reiff or DeCastro - even the sad excuse for an NFL franchise Cleveland Browns couldn't be dumb-fuck-idiotic enough to fuck this up. Brandon MotherFucking Goddamned Weeden. AN old, injured pitcher. Now our starting quarterback.

                      Meanwhile, the hated rival Pittsburgh Steelers get DeCastro. And Mike Adams.

                      Mike Homlgren, Randy Lerner, and the rest of the Browns front office: I hate you all with every ounce of my heart. If Weeden is not a Pro Bowl quarterback in 2012, I hope to god that you have the decency to resign in disgrace and get the fuck out of this town.

                      Anyways, that how I, as a Browns fan and season ticket holder feel.

                      T Tour2maT B 3 Replies Last reply
                      πŸ‘
                      Quote Reply
                      • S sickofthiscrap

                        I just created this account because I needed to vent somewhere. Why not here. Browns fan for 35 years, season ticket holder, call me a masochist if you must.

                        As picks 10-21 were announced, I couldn't believe how perfectly the stars were aligning for the Browns. Teams were picking defensive player after defensive player, leaving all offense on the board - the Browns had a plethora of choices. Fine, Kendall Wright is off the board, we don't need to waste a first round draft pick on a sub-six-foot wideout.

                        Fortune finally shines on Cleveland, as the second and third best offensive linemen are available at pick 22! The Browns can choose from the second best tackle, arguable the best right tackle on the board, or the highest rated guard in the draft! Out o-line is absolutely depleted - we got Joe Thomas and Alex Mack, followed by scrubs. We have 40% of a line with zero depth. We can shore this critical component of the team up as the entire collection of linemen, outside of Kalil, has fallen into our lap. Oh, glorious day!

                        Then the fateful moment when Roger Goodell announces the pick. Brandon MotherFucking Weeden. A 30 year old rookie quarterback. The 4th rated quarterback on the board, selected at number 22 overall - over the highest rated RT and OG on the board. An injured baseball player.

                        I'm only 35. I have never seen my city win a championship, I've never had the privilege of rioting in celebration. At this moment, I feel like rioting in pure rage. I want things to burn. We have a 30 year old rookie quarterback. With a decrepit offensive line, and no valid receiver. Why the fuck am I paying thousands of dollars to support this bullshit?

                        I could not believe our luck - we could choose between Reiff or DeCastro - even the sad excuse for an NFL franchise Cleveland Browns couldn't be dumb-fuck-idiotic enough to fuck this up. Brandon MotherFucking Goddamned Weeden. AN old, injured pitcher. Now our starting quarterback.

                        Meanwhile, the hated rival Pittsburgh Steelers get DeCastro. And Mike Adams.

                        Mike Homlgren, Randy Lerner, and the rest of the Browns front office: I hate you all with every ounce of my heart. If Weeden is not a Pro Bowl quarterback in 2012, I hope to god that you have the decency to resign in disgrace and get the fuck out of this town.

                        Anyways, that how I, as a Browns fan and season ticket holder feel.

                        The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                        • 15k Posts
                        • 2k Reputation
                        T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
                        #13

                        @sickofthiscrap said:

                        I just created this account because I needed to vent somewhere. Why not here. Browns fan for 35 years, season ticket holder, call me a masochist if you must.

                        As picks 10-21 were announced, I couldn't believe how perfectly the stars were aligning for the Browns. Teams were picking defensive player after defensive player, leaving all offense on the board - the Browns had a plethora of choices. Fine, Kendall Wright is off the board, we don't need to waste a first round draft pick on a sub-six-foot wideout.

                        Fortune finally shines on Cleveland, as the second and third best offensive linemen are available at pick 22! The Browns can choose from the second best tackle, arguable the best right tackle on the board, or the highest rated guard in the draft! Out o-line is absolutely depleted - we got Joe Thomas and Alex Mack, followed by scrubs. We have 40% of a line with zero depth. We can shore this critical component of the team up as the entire collection of linemen, outside of Kalil, has fallen into our lap. Oh, glorious day!

                        Then the fateful moment when Roger Goodell announces the pick. Brandon MotherFucking Weeden. A 30 year old rookie quarterback. The 4th rated quarterback on the board, selected at number 22 overall - over the highest rated RT and OG on the board. An injured baseball player.

                        I'm only 35. I have never seen my city win a championship, I've never had the privilege of rioting in celebration. At this moment, I feel like rioting in pure rage. I want things to burn. We have a 30 year old rookie quarterback. With a decrepit offensive line, and no valid receiver. Why the fuck am I paying thousands of dollars to support this bullshit?

                        I could not believe our luck - we could choose between Reiff or DeCastro - even the sad excuse for an NFL franchise Cleveland Browns couldn't be dumb-fuck-idiotic enough to fuck this up. Brandon MotherFucking Goddamned Weeden. AN old, injured pitcher. Now our starting quarterback.

                        Meanwhile, the hated rival Pittsburgh Steelers get DeCastro. And Mike Adams.

                        Mike Homlgren, Randy Lerner, and the rest of the Browns front office: I hate you all with every ounce of my heart. If Weeden is not a Pro Bowl quarterback in 2012, I hope to god that you have the decency to resign in disgrace and get the fuck out of this town.

                        Anyways, that how I, as a Browns fan and season ticket holder feel.

                        dawson-crying.jpg

                        I'm behind weeden now and you should be too. If you're not you might as well root for the steelers. Screw the o-line, colt wasn't getting it done if he was behind a safety barrier.

                        Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        πŸ‘
                        Quote Reply
                        • ReginaBrownsFan R
                          • 122 Posts
                          • 1 Reputation
                          R ReginaBrownsFan wrote on last edited by ReginaBrownsFan
                          #14

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • thenew23 thenew23T
                            • 2k Posts
                            • 233 Reputation
                            thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
                            #15

                            Watch the Sportscience on Weeden. It's impressive

                            #Justsayin'
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • HurricanE H
                              • 72 Posts
                              • 2 Reputation
                              H HurricanE wrote on last edited by
                              #16

                              Colt wasn't getting it done huh

                              Your right, with a weak line, no running game, and no receivers. He wasn't getting it done.

                              T DieHardBrownsFanD 2 Replies Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Gafreleets G
                                • 559 Posts
                                • 19 Reputation
                                G Gafreleets wrote on last edited by Gafreleets
                                #17

                                browns may have had the worst 2 first round picks in league history.

                                first the vikings give you the shaft..........and not just the shaft, but a 10ft long splinter riddled 4inch wide shaft right up the pooper.

                                on top of the fact that you've got MUCH bigger needs than a RB (the next coming of AP or not) and when there is plenty of talent at RB in later rounds (u know, those later round draft picks that you wasted to move up one pick and draft a position that wasn't nearly your highest need).

                                than you guys pick a rookie QB that may actually retire of old age before he plays his 6th season with you?

                                and you wonder why you're the laughing stock of the NFL?

                                with all i've heard about Big Ben being a rapist and i go to a online sex offender registry and look up cleveland and Pittsburgh and what do i find? cleveland has a CRAP load more sex offenders (and expecially child molesters) than Pittsburgh.......over 4X as many over all. 2055 of them to Pittsburgh's 421. www.familywatchdog.us better never hear one of you date raping, can't get a woman with my tiny peep unless i hold her down, child molesting hypocrits say anything else about Ben.
                                P 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                                  • 15k Posts
                                  • 2k Reputation
                                  T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
                                  #18

                                  You're the laughingstock token troll of the browns board so what does that make you?

                                  Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • H HurricanE

                                    Colt wasn't getting it done huh

                                    Your right, with a weak line, no running game, and no receivers. He wasn't getting it done.

                                    The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                                    • 15k Posts
                                    • 2k Reputation
                                    T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
                                    #19

                                    @hurricane said:

                                    Colt wasn't getting it done huh

                                    Your right, with a weak line, no running game, and no receivers. He wasn't getting it done.

                                    Because great quarterbacks are garbage without a superstar wide receiver?

                                    Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • htownbrown htownbrownH Reacting Well Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 2k Posts
                                      • 685 Reputation
                                      htownbrownH htownbrown wrote on last edited by
                                      #20

                                      Weeden was the BEST pick in this draft. Whether he flops or not, this is the message of "we want to win" we have been waiting to hear. To all you Colt apologists, FUCK YOU, stop talking because you either don't know football or have a man crush. McCoy showed his limitations back in the Mangini era. Colt isn't capable period, the FO recognized that and would stop at nothing to replace him. That is a huge sign someone up there actually knows football. I'm 91.7% sure Holmgren made this pick so I hesitate to blame Heckert for the timing or quality of the pick. If he flops I'm gonna blame Holmgren more than anyone, but I respect the shit out of him for being ambitious enough to give hope at least. Colt is a rookie pee wee league back up quality QB, that's not what you build an offense around. Knowing this and the fact that they got hosed on RGIII and TR, I can't say I wouldn't have picked Weeden at 22 either if I thought he was gonna be something. You get cute and he's not there at 37 then what? Your not building anything with Colt other than a team of underachievers. So thank you H&H for filling the BIGGEST hole on the team. Now we might actually get to see Shurmur's full playbook and playcalling ability.

                                      β€œIt is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.”
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • T Taco918

                                        @mld-woody said:

                                        Jason Cambell?

                                        I figured you would've gone with Henne.

                                        BigBrownsFan B
                                        • 534 Posts
                                        • 6 Reputation
                                        B BigBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                        #21

                                        @taco918 said:

                                        I figured you would've gone with Henne.

                                        Benedict Henne with his whacko nut job of a HS coach Jim Cantafio.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • H HurricanE

                                          Colt wasn't getting it done huh

                                          Your right, with a weak line, no running game, and no receivers. He wasn't getting it done.

                                          DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                                          • 28k Posts
                                          • 6k Reputation
                                          DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                          #22

                                          @hurricane said:

                                          Colt wasn't getting it done huh

                                          Your right, with a weak line, no running game, and no receivers. He wasn't getting it done.

                                          Go away please. The guy has no arm, makes poor decisions, and is not NFL caliber.

                                          "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate