Skip to content

Weeden

The Browns Board
31 23 3.0k
  • @theclevelandsound said:

    It was too early and now we are back to the Quinn vs. Anderson crap with Colt and Brandon.

    I will support our starter. That's my direction.

    Either way, we are gonna have the best backup in the NFL.

    Jason Cambell?

    @mld-woody said:

    Jason Cambell?

    I figured you would've gone with Henne.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Jason Cambell?

    I figured you would've gone with Henne.

    @taco918 said:

    I figured you would've gone with Henne.

    Who said he was a backup.... πŸ˜‰

  • @taco918 said:

    I figured you would've gone with Henne.

    Who said he was a backup.... πŸ˜‰

    @mld-woody said:

    Who said he was a backup.... πŸ˜‰

    Touche

  • Dude woulda been picked up by someone else. All the other QB's are a tier lower than him.

    @vaportrail said:

    Dude woulda been picked up by someone else. All the other QB's are a tier lower than him.

    I think USF is joking, he was complimenting Weeden earlier.

  • I do like weeden. At the time I thought it was too early for him. After some time I realize that someone else may have snagged him. Not sure who that early but at the end glad we got a qb with a big arm.

  • Weeden start the fire.

  • I just created this account because I needed to vent somewhere. Why not here. Browns fan for 35 years, season ticket holder, call me a masochist if you must.

    As picks 10-21 were announced, I couldn't believe how perfectly the stars were aligning for the Browns. Teams were picking defensive player after defensive player, leaving all offense on the board - the Browns had a plethora of choices. Fine, Kendall Wright is off the board, we don't need to waste a first round draft pick on a sub-six-foot wideout.

    Fortune finally shines on Cleveland, as the second and third best offensive linemen are available at pick 22! The Browns can choose from the second best tackle, arguable the best right tackle on the board, or the highest rated guard in the draft! Out o-line is absolutely depleted - we got Joe Thomas and Alex Mack, followed by scrubs. We have 40% of a line with zero depth. We can shore this critical component of the team up as the entire collection of linemen, outside of Kalil, has fallen into our lap. Oh, glorious day!

    Then the fateful moment when Roger Goodell announces the pick. Brandon MotherFucking Weeden. A 30 year old rookie quarterback. The 4th rated quarterback on the board, selected at number 22 overall - over the highest rated RT and OG on the board. An injured baseball player.

    I'm only 35. I have never seen my city win a championship, I've never had the privilege of rioting in celebration. At this moment, I feel like rioting in pure rage. I want things to burn. We have a 30 year old rookie quarterback. With a decrepit offensive line, and no valid receiver. Why the fuck am I paying thousands of dollars to support this bullshit?

    I could not believe our luck - we could choose between Reiff or DeCastro - even the sad excuse for an NFL franchise Cleveland Browns couldn't be dumb-fuck-idiotic enough to fuck this up. Brandon MotherFucking Goddamned Weeden. AN old, injured pitcher. Now our starting quarterback.

    Meanwhile, the hated rival Pittsburgh Steelers get DeCastro. And Mike Adams.

    Mike Homlgren, Randy Lerner, and the rest of the Browns front office: I hate you all with every ounce of my heart. If Weeden is not a Pro Bowl quarterback in 2012, I hope to god that you have the decency to resign in disgrace and get the fuck out of this town.

    Anyways, that how I, as a Browns fan and season ticket holder feel.

  • I just created this account because I needed to vent somewhere. Why not here. Browns fan for 35 years, season ticket holder, call me a masochist if you must.

    As picks 10-21 were announced, I couldn't believe how perfectly the stars were aligning for the Browns. Teams were picking defensive player after defensive player, leaving all offense on the board - the Browns had a plethora of choices. Fine, Kendall Wright is off the board, we don't need to waste a first round draft pick on a sub-six-foot wideout.

    Fortune finally shines on Cleveland, as the second and third best offensive linemen are available at pick 22! The Browns can choose from the second best tackle, arguable the best right tackle on the board, or the highest rated guard in the draft! Out o-line is absolutely depleted - we got Joe Thomas and Alex Mack, followed by scrubs. We have 40% of a line with zero depth. We can shore this critical component of the team up as the entire collection of linemen, outside of Kalil, has fallen into our lap. Oh, glorious day!

    Then the fateful moment when Roger Goodell announces the pick. Brandon MotherFucking Weeden. A 30 year old rookie quarterback. The 4th rated quarterback on the board, selected at number 22 overall - over the highest rated RT and OG on the board. An injured baseball player.

    I'm only 35. I have never seen my city win a championship, I've never had the privilege of rioting in celebration. At this moment, I feel like rioting in pure rage. I want things to burn. We have a 30 year old rookie quarterback. With a decrepit offensive line, and no valid receiver. Why the fuck am I paying thousands of dollars to support this bullshit?

    I could not believe our luck - we could choose between Reiff or DeCastro - even the sad excuse for an NFL franchise Cleveland Browns couldn't be dumb-fuck-idiotic enough to fuck this up. Brandon MotherFucking Goddamned Weeden. AN old, injured pitcher. Now our starting quarterback.

    Meanwhile, the hated rival Pittsburgh Steelers get DeCastro. And Mike Adams.

    Mike Homlgren, Randy Lerner, and the rest of the Browns front office: I hate you all with every ounce of my heart. If Weeden is not a Pro Bowl quarterback in 2012, I hope to god that you have the decency to resign in disgrace and get the fuck out of this town.

    Anyways, that how I, as a Browns fan and season ticket holder feel.

    @sickofthiscrap said:

    I just created this account because I needed to vent somewhere. Why not here. Browns fan for 35 years, season ticket holder, call me a masochist if you must.

    As picks 10-21 were announced, I couldn't believe how perfectly the stars were aligning for the Browns. Teams were picking defensive player after defensive player, leaving all offense on the board - the Browns had a plethora of choices. Fine, Kendall Wright is off the board, we don't need to waste a first round draft pick on a sub-six-foot wideout.

    Fortune finally shines on Cleveland, as the second and third best offensive linemen are available at pick 22! The Browns can choose from the second best tackle, arguable the best right tackle on the board, or the highest rated guard in the draft! Out o-line is absolutely depleted - we got Joe Thomas and Alex Mack, followed by scrubs. We have 40% of a line with zero depth. We can shore this critical component of the team up as the entire collection of linemen, outside of Kalil, has fallen into our lap. Oh, glorious day!

    Then the fateful moment when Roger Goodell announces the pick. Brandon MotherFucking Weeden. A 30 year old rookie quarterback. The 4th rated quarterback on the board, selected at number 22 overall - over the highest rated RT and OG on the board. An injured baseball player.

    I'm only 35. I have never seen my city win a championship, I've never had the privilege of rioting in celebration. At this moment, I feel like rioting in pure rage. I want things to burn. We have a 30 year old rookie quarterback. With a decrepit offensive line, and no valid receiver. Why the fuck am I paying thousands of dollars to support this bullshit?

    I could not believe our luck - we could choose between Reiff or DeCastro - even the sad excuse for an NFL franchise Cleveland Browns couldn't be dumb-fuck-idiotic enough to fuck this up. Brandon MotherFucking Goddamned Weeden. AN old, injured pitcher. Now our starting quarterback.

    Meanwhile, the hated rival Pittsburgh Steelers get DeCastro. And Mike Adams.

    Mike Homlgren, Randy Lerner, and the rest of the Browns front office: I hate you all with every ounce of my heart. If Weeden is not a Pro Bowl quarterback in 2012, I hope to god that you have the decency to resign in disgrace and get the fuck out of this town.

    Anyways, that how I, as a Browns fan and season ticket holder feel.

    dawson-crying.jpg

    I'm behind weeden now and you should be too. If you're not you might as well root for the steelers. Screw the o-line, colt wasn't getting it done if he was behind a safety barrier.

  • Watch the Sportscience on Weeden. It's impressive

  • Colt wasn't getting it done huh

    Your right, with a weak line, no running game, and no receivers. He wasn't getting it done.

  • browns may have had the worst 2 first round picks in league history.

    first the vikings give you the shaft..........and not just the shaft, but a 10ft long splinter riddled 4inch wide shaft right up the pooper.

    on top of the fact that you've got MUCH bigger needs than a RB (the next coming of AP or not) and when there is plenty of talent at RB in later rounds (u know, those later round draft picks that you wasted to move up one pick and draft a position that wasn't nearly your highest need).

    than you guys pick a rookie QB that may actually retire of old age before he plays his 6th season with you?

    and you wonder why you're the laughing stock of the NFL?

  • You're the laughingstock token troll of the browns board so what does that make you?

  • Colt wasn't getting it done huh

    Your right, with a weak line, no running game, and no receivers. He wasn't getting it done.

    @hurricane said:

    Colt wasn't getting it done huh

    Your right, with a weak line, no running game, and no receivers. He wasn't getting it done.

    Because great quarterbacks are garbage without a superstar wide receiver?

  • Weeden was the BEST pick in this draft. Whether he flops or not, this is the message of "we want to win" we have been waiting to hear. To all you Colt apologists, FUCK YOU, stop talking because you either don't know football or have a man crush. McCoy showed his limitations back in the Mangini era. Colt isn't capable period, the FO recognized that and would stop at nothing to replace him. That is a huge sign someone up there actually knows football. I'm 91.7% sure Holmgren made this pick so I hesitate to blame Heckert for the timing or quality of the pick. If he flops I'm gonna blame Holmgren more than anyone, but I respect the shit out of him for being ambitious enough to give hope at least. Colt is a rookie pee wee league back up quality QB, that's not what you build an offense around. Knowing this and the fact that they got hosed on RGIII and TR, I can't say I wouldn't have picked Weeden at 22 either if I thought he was gonna be something. You get cute and he's not there at 37 then what? Your not building anything with Colt other than a team of underachievers. So thank you H&H for filling the BIGGEST hole on the team. Now we might actually get to see Shurmur's full playbook and playcalling ability.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Jason Cambell?

    I figured you would've gone with Henne.

    @taco918 said:

    I figured you would've gone with Henne.

    Benedict Henne with his whacko nut job of a HS coach Jim Cantafio.

  • Colt wasn't getting it done huh

    Your right, with a weak line, no running game, and no receivers. He wasn't getting it done.

    @hurricane said:

    Colt wasn't getting it done huh

    Your right, with a weak line, no running game, and no receivers. He wasn't getting it done.

    Go away please. The guy has no arm, makes poor decisions, and is not NFL caliber.

  • I'm not picking sides on the whole McCoy vs Weeden debate. I honestly just want to win, I don't care who's under center. I'm just tired of hearing the whole "Well Weeden beat Luck, Griffin, etc" argument. I mean McCoy beat Drew Brees and Tom Brady in back-to-back games. It's just not a valid argument, for me. I'm not saying Colt is better by any means, just annoyed with useless stats like that. I honestly don't know who's better, but I still don't think either QB has the weapons in place to win next year. They might be able to throw the ball, but if there's no one there to catch it, the balls going to hit the turf.

  • One way or another, Weeden is going to start. Throw him on the field immediately. I really wanted the Browns to flip McCoy for a 5th or 6th rounder during the draft, just to get something in return. Weeden could become a solid QB, I'm projecting one who is consistently rated among the top 12 at his position, but probably never passing into the elite category. He may not be ideal at pick 22 (mainly due to his age), but to get a QB with arm strength and arm talent is huge, since McCoy is severely limited in both. I see Little breaking 1000 yards and 8 touchdowns, and Massaquoi stepping up to a true number two with 800 yards and 7 touchdowns, as the primary deep threat.

  • I just created this account because I needed to vent somewhere. Why not here. Browns fan for 35 years, season ticket holder, call me a masochist if you must.

    As picks 10-21 were announced, I couldn't believe how perfectly the stars were aligning for the Browns. Teams were picking defensive player after defensive player, leaving all offense on the board - the Browns had a plethora of choices. Fine, Kendall Wright is off the board, we don't need to waste a first round draft pick on a sub-six-foot wideout.

    Fortune finally shines on Cleveland, as the second and third best offensive linemen are available at pick 22! The Browns can choose from the second best tackle, arguable the best right tackle on the board, or the highest rated guard in the draft! Out o-line is absolutely depleted - we got Joe Thomas and Alex Mack, followed by scrubs. We have 40% of a line with zero depth. We can shore this critical component of the team up as the entire collection of linemen, outside of Kalil, has fallen into our lap. Oh, glorious day!

    Then the fateful moment when Roger Goodell announces the pick. Brandon MotherFucking Weeden. A 30 year old rookie quarterback. The 4th rated quarterback on the board, selected at number 22 overall - over the highest rated RT and OG on the board. An injured baseball player.

    I'm only 35. I have never seen my city win a championship, I've never had the privilege of rioting in celebration. At this moment, I feel like rioting in pure rage. I want things to burn. We have a 30 year old rookie quarterback. With a decrepit offensive line, and no valid receiver. Why the fuck am I paying thousands of dollars to support this bullshit?

    I could not believe our luck - we could choose between Reiff or DeCastro - even the sad excuse for an NFL franchise Cleveland Browns couldn't be dumb-fuck-idiotic enough to fuck this up. Brandon MotherFucking Goddamned Weeden. AN old, injured pitcher. Now our starting quarterback.

    Meanwhile, the hated rival Pittsburgh Steelers get DeCastro. And Mike Adams.

    Mike Homlgren, Randy Lerner, and the rest of the Browns front office: I hate you all with every ounce of my heart. If Weeden is not a Pro Bowl quarterback in 2012, I hope to god that you have the decency to resign in disgrace and get the fuck out of this town.

    Anyways, that how I, as a Browns fan and season ticket holder feel.

    @sickofthiscrap said:

    I just created this account because I needed to vent somewhere. Why not here. Browns fan for 35 years, season ticket holder, call me a masochist if you must.

    Then the fateful moment when Roger Goodell announces the pick. Brandon MotherFucking Weeden. A 30 year old rookie quarterback. The 4th rated quarterback on the board, selected at number 22 overall - over the highest rated RT and OG on the board. An injured baseball player.

    I could not believe our luck - we could choose between Reiff or DeCastro - even the sad excuse for an NFL franchise Cleveland Browns couldn't be dumb-fuck-idiotic enough to fuck this up. Brandon MotherFucking Goddamned Weeden. AN old, injured pitcher. Now our starting quarterback.

    Pretty much how I felt...

    Not that it'll make you feel any better, but if Wright had been on the board he'd have been the pick and we had a plan to move our #37 back up into Rnd 1 to ensure we got Weeden. That that plan was not launched to nab Rieff mystifies me.

    @thenew23 said:

    Watch the Sportscience on Weeden. It's impressive

    Have you seen a sport science where the subject player hasn't been impressive? Plus I'm going to bet that you've never shot skeet.

    @htownbrown said:

    Weeden was the BEST pick in this draft. Whether he flops or not...

    I got this far and stopped reading. Why continue when continuing could only endanger your post's "idiot-post-of-the-year" status.

    One question for all you Weeden lovers... Have you actually looked at game tape?

    Ball-patting one read wonder. If you're a swing-pass aficionado you'll be pleased. If not for Blackmon, they lose.

    Made me realize how little he actually uses his "cannon". It's there and he does, but only a few times. I counted at least three Pro grade passes.

    Tape three and I finally notice his footwork... or lack of it. Back-foot throw after back-foot throw. Better in the 2nd half of the tape... then comes the legendary Safety/ Pick 6...

    63 - 6 in the late 3rd Qtr when the tape stops... Clear mismatch and a ton of stat padding.

    A lot of good here... stepping into throws... zipping the ball... until he gets roughed. And then mechanics fall apart for a bit before recovering.

    Enough for now... a lot to chew on and some of it not tasting so good...

    Oh... and zero snaps under center...