Paraphrasing Ccr: Who'll Stop The Run
-
I am of the firm belief that the Browns need to take a WR and a RT with their picks in rounds 2 and 3.
Nevertheless, please lets take note of the fact that the Brown STILL were one of the worst teams in the NFL at stopping the run last year....and the only thing they have done to even try to rectify that is to get Frostee boy to play DE.
Their OLBs are horrid and could barely run down Betty White if their lives depended on it. And DQJ could probably run down Betty White....but I don't know if he can run down any NFL running backs.
The only hope I see is that A. TJ Ward gets back healthy and happy and has a big year. B. Both Taylor and Sheard improve with a year under their belt. C. The Browns find the Tom Brady of linebackers somewhere near the end of this draft.
-
-
I am of the firm belief that the Browns need to take a WR and a RT with their picks in rounds 2 and 3.
Nevertheless, please lets take note of the fact that the Brown STILL were one of the worst teams in the NFL at stopping the run last year....and the only thing they have done to even try to rectify that is to get Frostee boy to play DE.
Their OLBs are horrid and could barely run down Betty White if their lives depended on it. And DQJ could probably run down Betty White....but I don't know if he can run down any NFL running backs.
The only hope I see is that A. TJ Ward gets back healthy and happy and has a big year. B. Both Taylor and Sheard improve with a year under their belt. C. The Browns find the Tom Brady of linebackers somewhere near the end of this draft.
The only hope I see is that A. TJ Ward gets back healthy and happy and has a big year. B. Both Taylor and Sheard improve with a year under their belt. C. The Browns find the Tom Brady of linebackers somewhere near the end of this draft.
It's a big concern, but I think your only hope is a good hope.
Rucker closes up a sieve.
A lot of our problems were what they call "gap integrity" up front, which means we were starting two rookies who were inexperienced and easily fooled. Pass Rushing is more instinctual, while there is a learning curve with run stopping, so I think Sheard and Taylor can both improve leaps and bounds with their talent levels.
Ward is a BIG help. He's a terrific young player.
The brass seems to like the veteran linebackers, they have thrown enough dough at them. Jackson is better than most at MLB and Gocong is solid. Fujita played hurt last year, and I don't know who they have in mind to replace him if he gets suspended, but that could very well be a second or third round need. He'll only start for one or two years anyway, so we gotta start grooming.
Zombo
-
The only hope I see is that A. TJ Ward gets back healthy and happy and has a big year. B. Both Taylor and Sheard improve with a year under their belt. C. The Browns find the Tom Brady of linebackers somewhere near the end of this draft.
It's a big concern, but I think your only hope is a good hope.
Rucker closes up a sieve.
A lot of our problems were what they call "gap integrity" up front, which means we were starting two rookies who were inexperienced and easily fooled. Pass Rushing is more instinctual, while there is a learning curve with run stopping, so I think Sheard and Taylor can both improve leaps and bounds with their talent levels.
Ward is a BIG help. He's a terrific young player.
The brass seems to like the veteran linebackers, they have thrown enough dough at them. Jackson is better than most at MLB and Gocong is solid. Fujita played hurt last year, and I don't know who they have in mind to replace him if he gets suspended, but that could very well be a second or third round need. He'll only start for one or two years anyway, so we gotta start grooming.
Zombo
Zombo said:
It's a big concern, but I think your only hope is a good hope.
Rucker closes up a sieve.
A lot of our problems were what they call "gap integrity" up front, which means we were starting two rookies who were inexperienced and easily fooled. Pass Rushing is more instinctual, while there is a learning curve with run stopping, so I think Sheard and Taylor can both improve leaps and bounds with their talent levels.
Ward is a BIG help. He's a terrific young player.
The brass seems to like the veteran linebackers, they have thrown enough dough at them. Jackson is better than most at MLB and Gocong is solid. Fujita played hurt last year, and I don't know who they have in mind to replace him if he gets suspended, but that could very well be a second or third round need. He'll only start for one or two years anyway, so we gotta start grooming.
Zombo
I agree that "gap integrity" was the problem, and to a large part Gocong, Fujita and DJQ were MIA in those gaps. I mean it looked sometimes like the opponents were the Nazis and those guys were the Maginot Line. Your opinion of those guy capability exceeds that of my own.
-
Zombo said:
It's a big concern, but I think your only hope is a good hope.
Rucker closes up a sieve.
A lot of our problems were what they call "gap integrity" up front, which means we were starting two rookies who were inexperienced and easily fooled. Pass Rushing is more instinctual, while there is a learning curve with run stopping, so I think Sheard and Taylor can both improve leaps and bounds with their talent levels.
Ward is a BIG help. He's a terrific young player.
The brass seems to like the veteran linebackers, they have thrown enough dough at them. Jackson is better than most at MLB and Gocong is solid. Fujita played hurt last year, and I don't know who they have in mind to replace him if he gets suspended, but that could very well be a second or third round need. He'll only start for one or two years anyway, so we gotta start grooming.
Zombo
I agree that "gap integrity" was the problem, and to a large part Gocong, Fujita and DJQ were MIA in those gaps. I mean it looked sometimes like the opponents were the Nazis and those guys were the Maginot Line. Your opinion of those guy capability exceeds that of my own.
I agree that "gap integrity" was the problem, and to a large part Gocong, Fujita and DJQ were MIA in those gaps. I mean it looked sometimes like the opponents were the Nazis and those guys were the Maginot Line. Your opinion of those guy capability exceeds that of my own.
While that is true it helps to have better OLB it also helps that they signed the best run stopping DE in the NFL. Except for the two games Stephens started over Mitchel last year, when they ran to that side it was over. Sheard got better at the run defense later in the season but he wasn't much of a help at the start. An improved Sheard and Rostee Rucker on 1st and 2nd down should help. Plus don't be surprised if we use either our 2nd or 3rd (or trade picks to move back up in those rounds) to take a LB.
-
I agree that "gap integrity" was the problem, and to a large part Gocong, Fujita and DJQ were MIA in those gaps. I mean it looked sometimes like the opponents were the Nazis and those guys were the Maginot Line. Your opinion of those guy capability exceeds that of my own.
While that is true it helps to have better OLB it also helps that they signed the best run stopping DE in the NFL. Except for the two games Stephens started over Mitchel last year, when they ran to that side it was over. Sheard got better at the run defense later in the season but he wasn't much of a help at the start. An improved Sheard and Rostee Rucker on 1st and 2nd down should help. Plus don't be surprised if we use either our 2nd or 3rd (or trade picks to move back up in those rounds) to take a LB.
While that is true it helps to have better OLB it also helps that they signed the best run stopping DE in the NFL. Except for the two games Stephens started over Mitchel last year, when they ran to that side it was over. Sheard got better at the run defense later in the season but he wasn't much of a help at the start. An improved Sheard and Rostee Rucker on 1st and 2nd down should help. Plus don't be surprised if we use either our 2nd or 3rd (or trade picks to move back up in those rounds) to take a LB.
WOW, I have never heard of Frostee Rucker as being described as the best run stopping DE in the NFL. Just curious where you picked that up. Can you give a source?
I hope you are right....its just a surprise to me to hear that.
-
Mike Martin will stop the run
-
Mike Martin will stop the run
Just who the fuck is Mike Martin....(other than a preacher that I know).
-
While that is true it helps to have better OLB it also helps that they signed the best run stopping DE in the NFL. Except for the two games Stephens started over Mitchel last year, when they ran to that side it was over. Sheard got better at the run defense later in the season but he wasn't much of a help at the start. An improved Sheard and Rostee Rucker on 1st and 2nd down should help. Plus don't be surprised if we use either our 2nd or 3rd (or trade picks to move back up in those rounds) to take a LB.
WOW, I have never heard of Frostee Rucker as being described as the best run stopping DE in the NFL. Just curious where you picked that up. Can you give a source?
I hope you are right....its just a surprise to me to hear that.
WOW, I have never heard of Frostee Rucker as being described as the best run stopping DE in the NFL. Just curious where you picked that up. Can you give a source?
I hope you are right....its just a surprise to me to hear that.
Might not be the best but was considered the best run stopper on the FA market. Profootballtalk did a good article on it. Article also points out how much better Sheard got at run stopping alone the end of the season just by being added on the list IMO.
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/14/fantasy-frostee-rucker-run-stopping-extraordinaire/
Kind of why they signed Parker to go alone with Rucker. Not a huge pass rush threat so they wanted another guy to plug in on passing downs other than just Benard.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login