Skip to content

Official Udfa Thread

The Browns Board
55 21 4.9k
  • From nepatriotsdraft.com

    Josh Cooper, WR, Oklahoma State

    Jermaine Saffold, WR, Missouri St

    Andrew Sweat, LB, Ohio State

    Matt Cleveland, OT, Idaho

    Antwuan Reed, CB, Pitt

    J.B. Shugarts, OT, Ohio State

    Josh Linam, LB, UCF

    Jake Anderson, OT, Akron

    Johnson Bademosi, SAF, Stanford

  • If he makes it Cleveland will be an automatic fan favorite

  • If he makes it Cleveland will be an automatic fan favorite

    @brownfish said:

    If he makes it Cleveland will be an automatic fan favorite

    If who makes it?

  • @brownfish said:

    If he makes it Cleveland will be an automatic fan favorite

    If who makes it?

    @poeticg said:

    If who makes it?

    Cleveland

  • Just my guess: I believe the brownfish is trying to say

    Matt Cleveland, OT, Idaho

    as the person who will be a fan favorite.

    I just hope Shugarts can be trained not to false-start like he did at OSU. In OSU's last 37 games, Shugarts has committed 40% of all of OSU's false start penalties -> he has 23, OSU had 59.

  • @brownfish said:

    If he makes it Cleveland will be an automatic fan favorite

    If who makes it?

    @poeticg said:

    If who makes it?

    Cleveland

  • Cleveland...whos on first?

  • @brownfish said:

    If he makes it Cleveland will be an automatic fan favorite

    If who makes it?

    @poeticg said:

    If who makes it?

    Mike Cleveland.

    I'm liking some of these pick ups. Weeden's #2 at OkState. Missori State WR has good height and speed. FS from Stanford is a physical freak, FS from Wyoming had a hell of a lot of production.

  • List from WFNY.com that includes links to players combine/proday stats.

    http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2012/04/undrafted-free-agent-recap-browns-look-for-wr-ol-and-db-help/

  • Guys I like so far that we brought in.

    Jermaine Saffold WR: Small school prospect with production. Has 6 foot size, runs a 4.36 and something like a 36 in vert.

    Safeties from Stanford and Wyoming: Can't think of these guys names off the top of my head but the guy from Stanford is a physical freak at 6'1 with a 4.36 40 and 39 inch vert. Not a lot of production but could be groomed at safety or cb. The guy from Wyoming had really good production last year with 90 tackles and 3 INT but runs an average safeties 40 time of 4.6.

    Sweat LB OSU: Not flashy or overly athletic but a guy who can come in and compete for a job.

  • Great. We signed Drew Astorino the safety from my PSU Nits.

    Ummm.. He's horrible. He is short and cannot tackle. He is an ankle grabber.

    Are we auditioning for preseason water boys too??

  • Great. We signed Drew Astorino the safety from my PSU Nits.

    Ummm.. He's horrible. He is short and cannot tackle. He is an ankle grabber.

    Are we auditioning for preseason water boys too??

    @bigbrownsfan said:

    Great. We signed Drew Astorino the safety from my PSU Nits.

    Ummm.. He's horrible. He is short and cannot tackle. He is an ankle grabber.

    Are we auditioning for preseason water boys too??

    Special Teams crazy camp dude.

    Zombo

  • Tashaun Gipson, S, Wyoming (5-11, 206, 4.61 40 time)

    With a name like that he HAS to be good!!

    (no relation, at least, I don't think. My brother did live in Wyoming for many years.)

  • I think alot of these guys are going to have a real chance of making the team. Cooper and Sanford are going to push for taking spots from Mitchel and maybe even Norwood. The DB's were brought in will make a good push to take the OkState Cb spot and the safeties have a good chance of pushing out Ventrone and maybe even Hagg. We could even see an extra roster spot open if Smelley shows to be a good H back pick and takes both Alex Smiths and Marecic's spots.

  • Tashaun Gipson, S, Wyoming (5-11, 206, 4.61 40 time)

    With a name like that he HAS to be good!!

    (no relation, at least, I don't think. My brother did live in Wyoming for many years.)

    @the-gipper said:

    Tashaun Gipson, S, Wyoming (5-11, 206, 4.61 40 time)

    Do you see any family resemblance?

    Gipson-Tashaun_WTM9073bw-e1320418074524.jpg

    Zombo

  • Players that I think currently make the strongest case would be...

    Mike Allen - Good speed, good size, position of need. Came from a small school, so we do't really know exactly how good he is or can be. We currently have Haden, Brown, Dockery, Patterson, and I guess this David Sims character (listed as DB), and our 7th round pick who isn't guaranteed to make the squad either. Locks here are Haden, Brown, and Patterson. Dockery seems the next most likely and I have never heard of Sims.

    Jermaine Saffold - Good spead, decent-ish size and good speed. In my opinion we have 4 current locks for the WR position. Little, Massaquoi, Little, and Benjamin. Carlton Mitchell is only one of the other 3 that I think stands a chance (It's him Owen Spencer, and Rod Windsor). Mitchell has the speed and size, and I am rooting for him, but he has had trouble catching. If we take 6, I think Saffold has a great shot to make this team.

    Josh Cooper - Doesn't really have any of the measurables that you look for, but is a good familiar target to Weeden which may help him shine in the offseason and Pre-season. The rest is pretty much the same as above.

    William Green - Blast from the past. But seriously, has average size and average strength and below-to-average speed for a 4-3 DE. We just signed two DEs, and I think that we are potentially going to move Billy Winn over (though as a 6th rounder, is guaranteed anything). Like pretty much every position on this roster, it is a position of need.

    Jake Anderson - Has that prototypical size and strength. From an MAC school, so may not get the recognition he deserves, IDK I have never watched him play. I feel like a lot of being an offensive lineman is mental. You can always learn better technique, which is why I think if you keep someone you go with someone that is raw, but has potential. I think that Shugarts and Cleveland also have as good of a chance. I just am going to take Anderson

    Garth Gerhart - We dont have a backup center. He is a center. End.

    That is 6 players. Do I truly think that many will make it, no. But they have a lot of the measurables, and as one of the last cuts, I feel you have to look more at potential than say preseason production.

    In all honesty I think that 4 will make it. Allen, Saffold, Gerhart and Anderson/Shugarts/Cleveland.

    For the most part they only have to beat out some scrubs. Of those 4, I would say the OL will have the toughest time. We have some young players there already. Lauvao, Pinkston, Ryan Miller, Schwartz. I dont think any of those 4 get cut. Then we have locks in Mack and Thomas. That is 6, and we likely take 10, if Gerhart does in fact make it, that is 7. room for 3 more. All three COULD make it, but I think we keep Cousins and Greco to bring us to 9, so there is my room for one more.

    EDIT: Forgot about Norwood in the WR department. He is definitely ahead of Mitchell. Not a guarantee, but much closer than Mitchell is.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Tashaun Gipson, S, Wyoming (5-11, 206, 4.61 40 time)

    Do you see any family resemblance?

    Gipson-Tashaun_WTM9073bw-e1320418074524.jpg

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Do you see any family resemblance?

    Gipson-Tashaun_WTM9073bw-e1320418074524.jpg

    Zombo

    I think I have a tie that looks a bit like his.

  • Browns claimed one of the released Punters from the Jags today off of waivers incase Hodges isn't 100%

  • @the-gipper said:

    Tashaun Gipson, S, Wyoming (5-11, 206, 4.61 40 time)

    Do you see any family resemblance?

    Gipson-Tashaun_WTM9073bw-e1320418074524.jpg

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Do you see any family resemblance?

    Gipson-Tashaun_WTM9073bw-e1320418074524.jpg

    Zombo

    Bacon Collar

  • Zombo said:

    Do you see any family resemblance?

    Gipson-Tashaun_WTM9073bw-e1320418074524.jpg

    Zombo

    Bacon Collar

    @wj-brownfan said:

    Bacon Collar

    With a name like T. Gipson, this guy will be a Hall of Famer.