Skip to content

Official Udfa Thread

The Browns Board
55 21 4.9k
  • @the-gipper said:

    Just to clarify, because Canton Mike left some of this info off, here are the positions of these UFAs:

    Allen CB

    Anderson OT

    Cleveland OT

    Cooper WR

    Davis CB

    Fort OLB

    Gerhart OG

    Gipson FS

    Green DE

    A. Reed CB

    B. Reed WR

    Saffold WR

    Shugarts OT

    Sweat MLB

    It does seem that some of the positions of need not fullfilled in the draft were went after heavy with the UFAs: CB, FS, WR, LB, even OT which they did address. Hopefully some of these guys can come in and really fill some of those holes.

    In fact....how about a bold prediction: one of these UFAs will become a starter for the Browns before the end of next season!!

    Now, you all speculate on who that one will be.

    Gipper,

    What is funny is that I left NOTHING off. I copied & pasted the list of UDFA signees directly from the Browns official site. I noticed when I was copying it that there were no position listings. IMHO, somebody there really goofed & I didn't have time to find & list the player's positions. Thanks for taking the time to do so.

    BTW, Bademosi is a CB

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Gipper,

    What is funny is that I left NOTHING off. I copied & pasted the list of UDFA signees directly from the Browns official site. I noticed when I was copying it that there were no position listings. IMHO, somebody there really goofed & I didn't have time to find & list the player's positions. Thanks for taking the time to do so.

    BTW, Bademosi is a CB

    Mike

    I guess I left "Badass-mosi" off. Thanks.

  • Today, team walrus announced they're bringing in QB Darren Thomas from Oregon to rookie minicamp. So we've got that going for us.

  • Today, team walrus announced they're bringing in QB Darren Thomas from Oregon to rookie minicamp. So we've got that going for us.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Today, team walrus announced they're bringing in QB Darren Thomas from Oregon to rookie minicamp. So we've got that going for us.

    Tryout basis. Basically to make sure there are enough for WR's being brought in. Keep everything moving. Nice guy to bring in to try out though. Dynamic play maker even though I really think he has zero chance to even making the tryout let alone the team.

    Kind of curious to see how this Safford kid performs. The only knock I can really find on him was that he played Div I AA ball.

  • Also Adonis Thomas rb and Jojo Dickson lb

    And as we all know Sweat has moved on to law school.

    I think Cooper can make a sig impact this season given the chemistry with Weeden and the ability to catch the football consistently

  • Also we just cut Armond Smith rb and Brian Smith lb

  • Also we just cut Armond Smith rb and Brian Smith lb

    @thenew23 said:

    Also we just cut Armond Smith rb and Brian Smith lb

    I though we signed the Jojo guy after we put Sweat on the retired list.

  • @thenew23 said:

    Also we just cut Armond Smith rb and Brian Smith lb

    I though we signed the Jojo guy after we put Sweat on the retired list.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    I though we signed the Jojo guy after we put Sweat on the retired list.

    Did Jojo leave his home in Tuscon Arizona to come and play here? Even though we don't have any California grass?

  • the grass is in scottsdale. tuscon is just sand. 😉

  • the grass is in scottsdale. tuscon is just sand. 😉

    @choco said:

    the grass is in scottsdale. tuscon is just sand. 😉

    Sisky Fringo got on me for not knowing current pop culture trivia. Now I am going turn his ire around on you and get on you for not knowing Beatles lyrics/ (Besides, I was just in Tuscon in October, it is not all sand. There is quite a bit of concrete as well..

  • lol....well, not by heart anyway. im more a pre-heavy drug use beatles fan.....although sgt peppers was a decent album.

    dont worry too much on current pop culture....music is not longer in the hands of the bands.....and mainstream america yucks it up like its good music or something.

    i cant think of a single modern act with the musical acumen of the kingston trio....guys that actually played instruments rather than layering tracks of synthesized tub-thumping and samples from 30+ years ago.

    originality is dead....

  • lol....well, not by heart anyway. im more a pre-heavy drug use beatles fan.....although sgt peppers was a decent album.

    dont worry too much on current pop culture....music is not longer in the hands of the bands.....and mainstream america yucks it up like its good music or something.

    i cant think of a single modern act with the musical acumen of the kingston trio....guys that actually played instruments rather than layering tracks of synthesized tub-thumping and samples from 30+ years ago.

    originality is dead....

    @choco said:

    lol....well, not by heart anyway. im more a pre-heavy drug use beatles fan.....although sgt peppers was a decent album.

    dont worry too much on current pop culture....music is not longer in the hands of the bands.....and mainstream america yucks it up like its good music or something.

    i cant think of a single modern act with the musical acumen of the kingston trio....guys that actually played instruments rather than layering tracks of synthesized tub-thumping and samples from 30+ years ago.

    originality is dead....

    On the whole, I agree. Though I think there certainly may be some exceptions. Who that may be, I don't know.

  • Does anyone have any info on how Burt Reed is doing in these camps.

  • Does anyone have any info on how Burt Reed is doing in these camps.

    @cambridgeho said:

    Does anyone have any info on how Burt Reed is doing in these camps.

    All I have heard about him is that he looks extremely quick in and out of cuts and is fast, not a burner but still fast. I am still hearing a lot more about Cooper than Reed though.